Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Mosin Nagants

Notices

Old 06-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
Classic Rocks
a Crack Whore for his faith

AKaholic #: 180683
Default Finn Cub opinions?

I am about to trade for a Westinghouse Finn Cub and am debating putting it in a M44 stock just to "re-militarize" it visually. Aside from the "sported mosins are trash" arguments, does anyone foresee the Finn Cub getting the respect the Bannerman conversions get? I cant believe the Bannermans get any respect due to the fact that most agree they may not be safe to fire. At least I can go enjoy a Finn Cub!
Old 06-10-2018, 11:05 PM   #2
Brasky
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187139

It's already a "bubba" and a bubba is all it will ever be just like the bannerman
Brasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #3
BorisBadenov

AKaholic #: 180489

I never knew there was such a thing as a Finn Cub until I saw your post and did a little google-fu. Interesting. While others may just see a "bubba" conversion, it's not really that as they were done in mass and then sold at retailers like Sears & Roebuck Co. and not just converted in someone's garage.

I agree it's a shame they cut it down back in the 60's from the original rifle, but this Finn Cub conversion is now also a part of this rifle's history (whether anyone likes it or not - much like the Bannerman conversion). I would leave it in its converted Finn Cub state and not try to "re-militarize" it with an M44 stock as it was never that and it takes it much further away from what it is.

If you're considering trading for it, that means you are ok with it being a Finn Cub. So enjoy it as such and don't try to change it to something it isn't because others might snub their noses at it. I would love to have one in my collection.
BorisBadenov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
Classic Rocks

Boris for the win! Thanks for keeping an open mind.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:37 AM   #5
bbguns44

AKaholic #: 6939

Apex was selling Finn Cub ? parts kit a few years back. No barrel or receiver but it had a very short bent handle bolt & the short stock. I bought some to fix up my T56s with rotten stock.
bbguns44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
Classic Rocks

That is interesting. I wonder what became of the actions?
Old 06-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #7
MCskatkat
Marksmanship Man

AKaholic #: 184824

Those are some really neat rifles. My buddy has one with a short bent bolt handle and is an amazing shooter. My shoulder killed after 50 or so rounds lol. I would be pumped to have one in the collection as well.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:00 PM   #8
Classic Rocks

This one is the classic example. Bent factory bolt. Rounded cut stock just before the handguard, US manufacturer. Cant blame bubba for this one. Capitalism! Oddly enough the Bannermans were more expensive as a full stock option than the sporter units.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #9
Classic Rocks

Finally got my hands on it. What a mess. Westinghouse action with Tula bolt, buttplate is Remington so assuming the stock is too. Magazine has had its first sn struck thru and the 2nd does not match anything! Good job USA for making a mess of the finest Mosins in the world!
Old 06-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #10
RUSSIAN AK FAN
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176305

Too bad.

What a waste of a Finnish Mosin
RUSSIAN AK FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #11
Classic Rocks

Quote: