Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 12-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
Moo

AKaholic #: 194508
Default EM-12 Shotgun

Just picked up a pair of these. They are made in China. I have no idea what else they may have made. I finally took out for a test drive. This AK 12 gage is very well assembled with excellent fit and finish. The aluminum handguard is a nice touch. This shotgun will accept the Saiga mags. It has a bolt hold open. It has four position gas block, 0 for closed and 3 for all open. I ran about 200 rds which included cheap Wallmart #7 up to full power Remington 00. Never one failure. Period. I used position 2 and 3 for all loads without issue. This shotgun had amazingly light recoil. I had bought a Beretta 1201FP for my 14 yo daughter for 3 gun shooting and this AK will replace it. I have 8 and 10 rd mags on the way. The gun comes with 3 chokes and two 5 rd mags all packed neatly in a very nice foam cut out carry box. I am super pleased with this shotgun. I am keeping one nib for as an investment. This shotgun will not take the drums. Bummer. I may have to pick up a Cheeta to go that route. There is nothing like 20 rounds of 00 for home defense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg em-12.jpg (26.2 KB, 84 views)
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
saltydecimator

AKaholic #: 190278

so how fast does it cycle? with the longer bolt travel i wonder if its slower than saigas or veprs.....

csspecs seems to think these are ok... decent (Chinese) quality for decent money. not throwing him under the bus just relaying what he said.... he also liked the longer bolt travel (receiver) and is working on buttstock adapters...
saltydecimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
Moo

AKaholic #: 194508

Honestly I have not shot the other AK shotguns so I cannot compare them. All I know is this thing cycles fast. I dumped mags as fast as I could without issues. I have put even more ammo down the barrel now with no issues. I really like this shotgun and I trust it. I put a tac light on it with a verticle front grip. It sits next to the bed filled with 00. I have some cool guns like like REPRS and stuff but this is the coolest of them all. What a house sweeper.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
mavisky

AKaholic #: 195076

Can you post some photos of the area where the buttstock attaches? Curious if it's similar to the M12AK from JTS since they import them both.
mavisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:43 PM   #5
saltydecimator

AKaholic #: 190278

i think csspecs has a video of one of these....he seems to think that longer receiver area allows the bolt to come to a more natural rest, and not beat itself up as much as the russki design
saltydecimator is offline   Reply With Quote