Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Krinkovs

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #141
Enscribe
Member
 
AKaholic #: 21856
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grays Harbor County, Wa
Posts: 109
Default

__________________
Gun Control: A sharp eye and a steady trigger finger
Enscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:01 AM   #142
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscribe View Post
Great JOB!! It's looks freakin' AWESOME! Congrats!!!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #143
Yugomaster
Member
 
Yugomaster's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 171600
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4patrick View Post
looks good. i like your sling.
Thanks, I got my sling from a military surplus store call Ranger Surplus
__________________
<< - Man is not free unless government is limited ->>

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
~ Wayne LaPierre
Yugomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #144
Enscribe
Member
 
AKaholic #: 21856
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grays Harbor County, Wa
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Great JOB!! It's looks freakin' AWESOME! Congrats!!!
Thanks, even though this was much easier to do than yours, your build was a great help in my confidence to get it done and do it right.
__________________
Gun Control: A sharp eye and a steady trigger finger
Enscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #145
ka64
Curio & Relic
 
ka64's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164679
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Richmond & Sterling Michigan
Posts: 3,149
Default

I'm calling this one Karen after my wife.
Small Blonde that's full of fire and will bang your chops.....


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Trollo Mejor View Post
I'd bet dollars to donuts that these insignificant motherfuckers would never have the stones to say any of this shit to my face. If they ever wanna back up the checks that their mouths can't cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashash View Post
Nothing wrong with a little buttfucking every now and then. I have my Lover check for Polyps while He's in there, so it's actually for my well-being.

ka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #146
infamousj
Member
 
AKaholic #: 174024
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: In a Badger/Gopher hole
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1dsl View Post
M92 I finished up recently:
Beautiful...Is that extended booster from Blackthorne by chance? I can't seem to find another maker...My only beef is it's 7.3 inches long...Just a tad too long for my liking, but I can live with it if there's no other options...
infamousj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #147
jb1dsl
Want to trade?
 
jb1dsl's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 155965
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panhandle of Florida
Posts: 1,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousj View Post
Beautiful...Is that extended booster from Blackthorne by chance? I can't seem to find another maker...My only beef is it's 7.3 inches long...Just a tad too long for my liking, but I can live with it if there's no other options...
It is a blackthorne muzzle brake. It is a little long but couldn't find a shorter one like it.
__________________
Posted from my Obama Phone!

KALASHNIKOVS: THE TIMEX OF THE GUN WORLD: TAKES A LICKING AND KEEPS ON TICKING!!
jb1dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #148
FNBasham
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172179
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 200
Default

I'm not seeing many lights on these paps is there enough area to mount a light and be able to activate it?
FNBasham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 PM   #149
wildbill
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 157475
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: From the redwood forests to the Gulfstream waters
Posts: 1,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNBasham View Post
I'm not seeing many lights on these paps is there enough area to mount a light and be able to activate it?
I pulled my Solarforce/Gear Sector setup off my M-4 to see mow it fit on my M92. Seemed to be pretty good, but a mount that sat the light closer to the gun would be better.



wildbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:23 AM   #150
Enscribe
Member
 
AKaholic #: 21856
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grays Harbor County, Wa
Posts: 109
Default

Here's one on a basic GG&G ring. I use the mount as a thumb rest when shooting.






__________________
Gun Control: A sharp eye and a steady trigger finger
Enscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #151
Johnny5.56
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
Johnny5.56's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 155767
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: N.C.
Posts: 1,811
Default Black Laminate Custom Finished PAP M92 Furniture

Here is a set of black laminate IWD furniture that I custom finished for a customer's PAP M92.


Johnny5.56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #152
jonezy30s
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 171872
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London ky
Posts: 580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5.56 View Post
Here is a set of black laminate IWD furniture that I custom finished for a customer's PAP M92.


I have to say that is really nice man! Are you done with them?
jonezy30s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:12 AM   #153
Johnny5.56
Veteran Member
Contributor
 
Johnny5.56's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 155767
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: N.C.
Posts: 1,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy30s View Post
I have to say that is really nice man! Are you done with them?
Thank you. I actually put the final coat of finish on yesterday. Now the just have to cure.
Johnny5.56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #154
WillMar
Member
 
WillMar's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 174149
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 25
Default

First post here. The most I've done so far is paperwork and put on an ATI Fiberforce stock set. Going to be mount my 1-4x20 R/G when the hardware arrives.


Last edited by WillMar; 03-11-2014 at 11:30 AM.
WillMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #155
Swosanity
Member
 
AKaholic #: 166737
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alexandria, va
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNBasham View Post
I'm not seeing many lights on these paps is there enough area to mount a light and be able to activate it?
See page 2.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...=162201&page=2
Swosanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #156
BGL
Member
 
BGL's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 170754
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Coast
Posts: 206
Default

I would like a light too but i'd rather not have to change hand guards to do it. Anyone see a way to do it with the standard wood?
BGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #157
teecro
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172577
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGL View Post
I would like a light too but i'd rather not have to change hand guards to do it. Anyone see a way to do it with the standard wood?
Just attach a plastic rail to the wood... I used a Magpul rail and flat nuts just needed slightly longer screws. I'm going to use a smaller piece of rail when I mount the extra stock wood guards that I've now got coated with rubberized black truckbed liner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM0051011.jpg (24.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg light.jpg (34.8 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by teecro; 03-12-2014 at 08:59 AM.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #158
Goose45
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172458
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 281
Default

Hope they don't mind me posting it here for them... but here is Manticore's PAP updated with the top portion of their new front end..



Goose45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #159
BGL
Member
 
BGL's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 170754
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Coast
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Just attach a plastic rail to the wood... I used a Magpul rail and flat nuts just needed slightly longer screws.
Hmm, suppose that could work out. I noticed you're running the dynacomp too. Same here. M92 here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
wood guards that I've now got coated with rubberized black truckbed liner.
Make sure to post that up here
BGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #160
soul rebel
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 167399
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Keepin powder dry...
Posts: 4,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose45 View Post
Hope they don't mind me posting it here for them... but here is Manticore's PAP updated with the top portion of their new front end..



looks cool. any news on cost or when it will be available?
soul rebel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #161
Goose45
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172458
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul rebel View Post
looks cool. any news on cost or when it will be available?
Cheaper than you'd think, and soon! Nothing else official that I know of. They're going to have other "top plates" available that are set up for different red dots than just the FastFire as well.
Goose45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #162
MrMulla
New Member
 
MrMulla's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 174218
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 3
Default

Hey everyone, first post here.

I'm a new AK owner, just picked up a CIA M92 about a month ago. I figured this thread would be the perfect start since my pistol seems to be thoroughly "pimped" already. I've enjoyed lurking this and other forums while researching my gun choice and mods.

Mods:
Midwest Industries quad rail
Hogue Grip
RFT sling adapter
ACT reflex sight
Monstrum red dot/LED flashlight
Fab-Defense PTK

Here's some pics:

New with a couple other pistols of mine:


And a couple with my mods:





I have plans for a spiked muzzle brake, and have some rail covers on the way for the left side rail where my thumb grips.
MrMulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #163
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMulla View Post
Hey everyone, first post here.

I'm a new AK owner, just picked up a CIA M92 about a month ago. I figured this thread would be the perfect start since my pistol seems to be thoroughly "pimped" already. I've enjoyed lurking this and other forums while researching my gun choice and mods.

Mods:
Midwest Industries quad rail
Hogue Grip
RFT sling adapter
ACT reflex sight
Monstrum red dot/LED flashlight
Fab-Defense PTK

I have plans for a spiked muzzle brake, and have some rail covers on the way for the left side rail where my thumb grips.
Welcome aboard!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #164
PSYCHOinME
Member
 
PSYCHOinME's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159097
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington State
Posts: 134
Default SB47, AKBG, PWS Triad 30

[IMG][/IMG]
PSYCHOinME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #165
KrinkoSaurus
Member
 
AKaholic #: 170915
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bedlam, Vermont
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka64 View Post
I'm calling this one Karen after my wife.
Small Blonde that's full of fire and will bang your chops.....



I like that grip A LOT. I've not seen a wood finger grooved grip like that, especially not one that has the correct angle for an M92 (tried a finger groove MD Arms Molot-type AK grip on one of my M92s, and it is clear that the Yugos use a bolt angle different from other AKs).

Where did you get it?

Thanks
__________________
If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, then consider me lethal when it comes to details of AKs- but it sure is fun to be climbing the early steep part of the learning curve!
KrinkoSaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #166
MrMulla
New Member
 
MrMulla's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 174218
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Welcome aboard!
Thanks! I appreciate it.
MrMulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #167
dragondoc
New Member
 
AKaholic #: 174212
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Mounted the stock today! Still needs a little fine tuning and paint on the wedge.

What rail did you use?
dragondoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #168
wildbill
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 157475
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: From the redwood forests to the Gulfstream waters
Posts: 1,736
Default

Ultimak M1-B that I chopped and throated to work on the M92, before the M92 model was released.

wildbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #169
jonezy30s
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 171872
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London ky
Posts: 580
Default


jonezy30s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #170
cubanb
Senior Member
 
cubanb's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 173896
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy30s View Post


Sweet setup. Any chance of a vid review showing the stock in action (folding in and out of lock position) I check youtube about once a week and there is still no vid on the manticore arms stock on a m92. Oh yeah and how harsh is the weight of the stock thats the only thing neg ive heard about it.
cubanb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #171
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 7,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy30s View Post

Looks FREAKIN' AWESOME!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #172
ka64
Curio & Relic
 
ka64's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164679
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Richmond & Sterling Michigan
Posts: 3,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrinkoSaurus View Post
I like that grip A LOT. I've not seen a wood finger grooved grip like that, especially not one that has the correct angle for an M92 (tried a finger groove MD Arms Molot-type AK grip on one of my M92s, and it is clear that the Yugos use a bolt angle different from other AKs).

Where did you get it?

Thanks
Found it on eBay.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Trollo Mejor View Post
I'd bet dollars to donuts that these insignificant motherfuckers would never have the stones to say any of this shit to my face. If they ever wanna back up the checks that their mouths can't cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashash View Post
Nothing wrong with a little buttfucking every now and then. I have my Lover check for Polyps while He's in there, so it's actually for my well-being.

ka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #173
jonezy30s
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 171872
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London ky
Posts: 580
Default

I have not even thought about the weight of the stock to be honest, until you mentioned it its never crossed my mind! Honestly I think the stock and the barrel extension together makes it really even feeling gun its not front heavy or rear heavy! And as far as the video goes I might try and do something like that but it all works really smooth and it rest firmly to the side and will go to the unfolded lock position with no force!

I have to say the manticore stock and stormwerkz hinge to me work really well good, qaulity parts and I like the hinge block cause its not real big and blocky great products!
And thanks guys
God bless
Josh
jonezy30s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #174
cubanb
Senior Member
 
cubanb's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 173896
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy30s View Post
I have not even thought about the weight of the stock to be honest, until you mentioned it its never crossed my mind! Honestly I think the stock and the barrel extension together makes it really even feeling gun its not front heavy or rear heavy! And as far as the video goes I might try and do something like that but it all works really smooth and it rest firmly to the side and will go to the unfolded lock position with no force!

I have to say the manticore stock and stormwerkz hinge to me work really well good, qaulity parts and I like the hinge block cause its not real big and blocky great products!
And thanks guys
God bless
Josh
Thanks for the response any chance we can get a full side pic of the setup. Looks very good Im very much leaning towards this setup.
cubanb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:44 PM   #175
theAKpastor(ShortStock)
Resident Bubba
 
theAKpastor(ShortStock)'s Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 162490
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 3,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillMar View Post
i know those fiberforce stocks get a bad knockin around here, but honestly that looks sweet on the SBR. i have no idea why, it just looks cool

id totally swap out those handgards though...
__________________


WASR 10/63|Romanian Draco Pistol|Zastava M85NP|Romy Underfolder|Hungarian AK-63|Romy SAR-2|1951r Tula SKS|Palmetto State M4 Carbine|Palmetto State 9" Pistol build|20ga Bolt-Action|H&R 22lr Plainsman Bolt-Action|Glock 41|Glock 23|Glock 30S|S&W Regulation Police 38s&w|Mosin 91/30|Shockwave 590| Mossberg 500|Ithaca 12ga Slamfire Model

"Вопрос не в том, кто будет препятствовать мне, это кто же остановит меня".
theAKpastor(ShortStock) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (0 members and 8 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles