Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #806
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188774

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
I never purchase used firearms. I figure there's a better than even chance they are selling because there's something wrong with it.
That hasn't been my experience. I sell firearms quite often privately and buy them. Haven't had any issues so far. I bought a P-09 that is basically brand new and has been flawless. About 400 rounds through when I bought it, now about 600 and I'm going to sell or trade it for an SP-01.
Cowboys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #807
Christopher67
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
They are both still on going and corrected apparently......hit or miss, some are having better luck than others.......Ive never wanted to try a gun so bad, but at the same time, be scared to purchase one (especially from a private seller)

Be scared, why? Again IF you know what you're looking at IE updated models, this is a non issue IMHO.

Should I be scared to buy a Gen 5 Glock? https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ce-department/
Christopher67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #808
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
I never purchase used firearms. I figure there's a better than even chance they are selling because there's something wrong with it.
Meh. If you buy quality made guns from well known companies, your chance is almost nil. Do some research about potential problems in models. Check out the barrel, slide, trigger, firing mechanism, magazine release and seating, fully strip it and check everything. Function check everything. Dry fire it. I have bought countless number of used handguns and long guns. Had zero issues.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #809
Christopher67
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 177018

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Meh. If you buy quality made guns from well known companies, your chance is almost nil. Do some research about potential problems in models. Check out the barrel, slide, trigger, firing mechanism, magazine release and seating, fully strip it and check everything. Function check everything. Dry fire it. I have bought countless number of used handguns and long guns. Had zero issues.
100% This ^^^
Christopher67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #810
Porcupine
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 178627

Quote:
Excellent!

More for me.
Porcupine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #811
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

AKaholic #: 157162

Ive had tremendous luck purchasing used (90% of my guns have been purchased used from private sellers) and everyone that has bought from me has gotten a flawessly functioning, OCD maintained gun.........EXCEPT this one M85NP i bought, it had extractor issues and when I sold it I made that perfectly clear.........the other 37 transactions have been smooth and the guns have all ran like champs.........Im going to take a few shots and let that decide my fate if i go pick up this p 10C in a few hours or not
Sublimeon24s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #812
Porcupine
Curio & Relic

Soo....Is it a P10 C OR an FNS 9, or is it a P10 C AND an FNS 9.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #813
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Soo....Is it a P10 C OR an FNS 9, or is it a P10 C AND an FNS 9.

Inquiring minds want to know.
lol my dad has the (2) FNS-9's......i think im going to grab this P10 and bring it down this weekend, shoot it and the FNS.....if the P10 runs good im keeping it no mattter what, if the FNS feels good to me (that trigger is heavy) it might come home with me too! If the P10 gives me issues, ill sell it with an accurate description, cut my losses and keep it moving maybe with or without the FNS lol
Old 08-13-2018, 06:47 PM   #814
Porcupine
Curio & Relic

Quote:
lol my dad has the (2) FNS-9's......i think im going to grab this P10 and bring it down this weekend, shoot it and the FNS.....if the P10 runs good im keeping it no mattter what, if the FNS feels good to me (that trigger is heavy) it might come home with me too! If the P10 gives me issues, ill sell it with an accurate description, cut my losses and keep it moving maybe with or without the FNS lol

I'm being a busy body because I've got a similar dilemma.

I bought a used FNS, mainly because I wanted to see what the enthusiasm for striker fired polymer guns was all about.

After a good cleaning and a few hundred rounds the trigger is nice. It's dead reliable and shoots great. There's nothing not to like about it, but I can't seem to love it.

I fondled a used 10 C a few days back. I think I could love it.

I'm conflicted about trading off such a fine handgun as the FNS.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #815
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Well.......just got home with my P10c.....action is smooth as hell, neither the mag release nor the slide stop are stiff, and the trigger is 100% grit free........and now im baffled, wondering if I already have a problem.

The thing will not eject live ammo or maybe fully extract and eject it.....but when running it by hand, it will not eject

I put a snap cap in the mag, chamber it, run the action again and the snap cap ejects like it should

I put a speer gold dot in the mag, chamber it, run the action and it jams up inside on top of the mag....it does this with or without a mag in the gun on a chambered round when running the action to eject it.........without a mag, it just falls into the magwell area.

Pick up the same exact speer gold dot, put it in my G26, chamber it and them run the action and it ejects just fine..........so, do I already have a broken POS?

Extractor and ejector look normal?

Last edited by Sublimeon24s; 08-13-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #816
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

To add to the above I just did a test, seems like the heavier the bullet is, the less it ejects.........good times, goooooood times

I dont have any ball ammo but just remembered my roommate keeps 115gr FMJ in his hight point problem solva since he does not know much or cares about guns so I went and took a round

So heres what im noticing when chambering and ejecting by hand:

light snap cap.........chambers fine and throws it ok, Glock 26 throws it further

115gr ball ammo..........chambers fine and throws it but looks weak, glock 26 throws it further

124gr speer gold dot.........chambers fine, wont throw it at all as pic I posted shows, glock 26 throws it like normal
Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #817
burninglegs

Mine cycles Gold Dot 115gr and 147gr GDHP just fine. I don't have any 124gr at the moment from what I can tell looking at my inventory. But I don't see why those wouldn't cycle through mine without issue as well.

Instead of sitting in your bedroom trying to causes failures by cycling the ammo. Just wait until tomorrow and go shoot the damn gun. I believe you are worrying about things that don't need to be worried about imo.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #818
89grand
It's Flat

AKaholic #: 178030

Shit, of course my G19 does, but even my Ruger SR9 and SR9c eject live rounds no problem. In fact every handgun I own, including a not particularly reliable Star Model 30 does.
89grand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #819
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
I believe you are worrying about things that don't need to be worried about imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
Shit, of course my G19 does, but even my Ruger SR9 and SR9c eject live rounds no problem. In fact every handgun I own, including a not particularly reliable Star Model 30 does.
Yea this is kind of what im getting at...........Ive never touched a single handgun in my life, that worked, that would not eject a chambered round by hand......the same 124gr gold dot just ejected out of my buddys high point just fine lol

I mean....if you were shooting the gun and had a dud round, light primer strike etc, as of now i cant just run the slide eject the round and keep going
Old 08-13-2018, 11:08 PM   #820
burninglegs

Quote:
Yea this is kind of what im getting at...........Ive never touched a single handgun in my life, that worked, that would not eject a chambered round by hand......the same 124gr gold dot just ejected out of my buddys high point just fine lol

I mean....if you were shooting the gun and had a dud round, light primer strike etc, as of now i cant just run the slide eject the round and keep going
Set up a full magazine with the 124gr Gold Dots and setup a camera and run through the magazine and show us how they aren't ejecting to see if we can help diagnose the issue. Just post it to YT.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #821
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Set up a full magazine with the 124gr Gold Dots and setup a camera and run through the magazine and show us how they aren't ejecting to see if we can help diagnose the issue. Just post it to YT.
Good suggestion, and thanks for the photos of yours to compare mine to. Im going to the do the video tomorrow morning then ill post it up.

I did just notice one thing playing with it more....if i chamber the 124gr gold dot, then pull back on the slide very slowly so you can watch the round extract, it hits the ejector and flops out.........if i pull the slide back in one motion but not aggressive it ejects but still seems weak compared to the G26 with the same kind of slide pull.......when I run the slide aggressively (as i would assume live fire would ) is when I have the issue.....thats the same way I run it on my glocks with no problems but just noticed the rounds will eject on the cz when running the slide non aggressive (just a nice light pull of the slide instead of ripping it back)

other than that, the gun fits my hand amazing and the trigger is tits

Last edited by Sublimeon24s; 08-14-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:46 AM   #822
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

This work day is going by slow as hell.......get me to the range already!

Going on lunch break to grab 150 rounds of 115gr brass whatever....also bringing a 50rd box of 124gr speer gold dot and a 50rd box of 147gr Federal HST
Old 08-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #823
burninglegs

Enjoy it. Hope you figure out what is going on. If you still be issues, do the video thing. I have a feeling it will operate just fine in the real world for you.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:09 PM   #824
Sweet5ltr
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 167813

Sublime', take it out to the range and report back.

No reason to cause panic to yourself and others because it doesn't feed, extract, or cycle a round similar to a Glock (or xyz manufacture).
Old 08-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #825
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet5ltr View Post
Sublime', take it out to the range and report back.

No reason to cause panic to yourself and others because it doesn't feed, extract, or cycle a round similar to a Glock (or xyz manufacture).

Ive definitely caused panic to myself lol, i have chest pains from stress

headed to range in an hour with a good mix of ammo, time will tell
Old 08-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #826
Porcupine
Curio & Relic

Awaiting your report with interest.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #827
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Just put 250 pretty much flawless rounds through it.......looks like I got worked up good over nothing.....I did have the the slide fail to lock back on last round twice but im pretty sure that was me riding the slide stop, choking up high on the grip

50 - blazer brass 115gr / 50 - Monarch 115gr / 50 - Aguila 115gr / 50 - Speer Gold Dot 124gr / 50 - Federal HST 147gr

Impressions: Gun shoots awesome and pretty dam flat during rapid fire.....shot the tightest group I ever have to date dumping a mag as fast as possible.....i like the sight picture of the factory night sights (mine are all black rear with small white ring front), I found the front sight very easy and dont feel Ill need to change them

Only complaint: Holy shit is that grip texture aggressive....you dont really notice it until afterwards but my palm burns / stings / hurts something serious......i dont like adding talon / stick on grips, especially black ones on an FDE frame......ill have to look into sanding the factory texturing down without screwing up the rest of the frame

On another note.....my Draco is not getting a long with the ALG trigger i swapped into it out of my M92.....went full auto every other couple shots and lots of clicks but no bangs with plenty rounds left in the mag multiple times
Old 08-14-2018, 07:13 PM   #828
burninglegs

Quote:
Just put 250 pretty much flawless rounds through it.......looks like I got worked up good over nothing.....I did have the the slide fail to lock back on last round twice but im pretty sure that was me riding the slide stop, choking up high on the grip

50 - blazer brass 115gr / 50 - Monarch 115gr / 50 - Aguila 115gr / 50 - Speer Gold Dot 124gr / 50 - Federal HST 147gr

Impressions: Gun shoots awesome and pretty dam flat during rapid fire.....shot the tightest group I ever have to date dumping a mag as fast as possible.....i like the sight picture of the factory night sights (mine are all black rear with small white ring front), I found the front sight very easy and dont feel Ill need to change them

Only complaint: Holy shit is that grip texture aggressive....you dont really notice it until afterwards but my palm burns / stings / hurts something serious......i dont like adding talon / stick on grips, especially black ones on an FDE frame......ill have to look into sanding the factory texturing down without screwing up the rest of the frame

On another note.....my Draco is not getting a long with the ALG trigger i swapped into it out of my M92.....went full auto every other couple shots and lots of clicks but no bangs with plenty rounds left in the mag multiple times
Nice, happy you enjoyed it and that everything functioned as it should. I told you you were worrying about something you probably didn't need to worry about.

Your experience seems to be the same as mine. Amazing how well I shoot the CZ. We aren't the only ones that is the experience for.

Regarding the slide not locking back, what ammo were you shooting when that happened? That could be due to weaker ammo if it happened when you were shooting the Blazer. If your CZ is basically new and shot very little, the slide and everything still has a bit to break in and loosen up. I wouldn't worry about it not locking back.

Yeah I told you that grip texture was aggressive. haha If you get all sweaty or bloody ever, at least you won't have to worry about your gun slipping in your hand. Talon grips will definitely help and I will probably go that route eventually. If you don't like the look of black grips on the FDE frame to match the black slide, you can always get FDE grips.

Did you notice any difference shooting the 124gr compared to 115gr and 147gr?
Old 08-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #829
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Burninglegs, thanks again for chiming in so much, the photos you provided the other night etc

The difference between the 115gr and the hotter defensive rounds was no where near as obvious as I recall it being in my G19.....I felt the extra power but the gun just didnt jump around as much......ill have to try my 124gr HST's next time, but my gun really seemed to like the 124gr the best in terms of accuracy......didnt shoot distance today, as i was focused on function, but at 10 yards with the 124gr it was a super tac driver

first 2 mags i was a little left experimenting with grip but after that it was effortless from
10-15 yards
Old 08-14-2018, 07:36 PM   #830
burninglegs

No worries dude. Happy you took the leap of faith.

Yeah I have only shot 115gr and 147gr out of mine. I'll need to get some 124gr to see how mine likes them. For $400-420 new with night sights, the CZ is definitely hard to beat for cost-performance ratio. I can't wait to get my suppressor out of jail so I can try it suppressed.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:06 PM   #831
89grand
It's Flat

AKaholic #: 178030

Can anyone confirm if the left handed slide stop/release actually works as a release? I've heard it really doesn't, only as a slide lock.

I don't really need a left handed slide release as none of my other guns have them, but if it's there, I'd prefer it actually worked.
89grand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:27 PM   #832
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
Can anyone confirm if the left handed slide stop/release actually works as a release? I've heard it really doesn't, only as a slide lock.

I don't really need a left handed slide release as none of my other guns have them, but if it's there, I'd prefer it actually worked.
Worked as a release on mine today.....I tried it when shooting off hand, and it wasnt stiff at all nor did I need to adjust the grip to do it.
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #833
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Ok you heard it here first: Sublime likes this gun 3x more than any Glock ive ever had (as long as it keeps on performing flawlessly)

Not sure if the trigger on this one is an example of all, or I just got a really good one, but this thing feels amazing. I thought my go to trigger job I used on all my Glocks was awesome, this trigger feels so much better its hard to describe

also, in case anyone is interested, I Just got my grip texturing perfect for me in 10 minutes (including all 3 back straps) by wet sanding it with 400, then 600, then 1000.....The FDE frame looks perfect like it did prior, except now the "bite" in the texturing is gone and it feels like it does on the thumb pads

Last edited by Sublimeon24s; Yesterday at 10:00 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #834
burninglegs

lol, happy you like it. I like it a lot too. Like I said on my little review after I shot it. I shoot the P10C amazingly well. It surprised me and surprised my buddy. I wasn't even trying for great groups but it just happened naturally. Must be the grip angle and the way it points for me or something. The factory trigger also doesn't hurt. I'm sure yours is just as mine. It really is quite impressive for a factory striker fire trigger.

I might have to do the sanding of the grip texture too if I don't add a talon grip. You have a couple of after shots you could throw up to show how it looks now?
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM   #835
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

Quote:
I might have to do the sanding of the grip texture too if I don't add a talon grip. You have a couple of after shots you could throw up to show how it looks now?
Ill have some up in a few minutes, not quite sure it will look all that different in a photo but it most definitely feels different, close to the less aggressive factory thumb pad texturing
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM   #836
burninglegs

If the pictures can't show the difference, then it might not be worth posting. I was curious if you sanded and lowered the whole texting down. Or if it was more sanding the edges of the little squares that make up the texture?
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #837
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

it took off the edges and lowered the overall texturing down

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #838
Sublimeon24s
- Tactical Operator -
Contributor

on another note, the only thing i wish was different was that my rear night sights popped more.....they are pretty microscopic in size lol.....here is a comparison to the ameriglo's on my Glock (on top) and those arent even that big at all in real life when not zooming in on them

Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #839
Dezfan
Kalashnikov Fan

AKaholic #: 170325

Quote:
Ok you heard it here first: Sublime likes this gun 3x more than ANY Block ive ever had!
***NEWS ALERT!***

THIS JUST IN! HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!

Welcome to the dark syde.😉

Looking forward to your experience as you delve deeper into the darkness. After moving across the country and buying/building a new home, my firearm budget pretty much went missing.

Now that things are getting back to something resembling normalcy again, the P10c is at the top of my list!

If it can turn a Block head like you into a fan, it makes me want one even more.👍🏼
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #840
burninglegs

I don't want to talk the CZ up too much and blow it out of proportion. I think any member that likes 9mm or striker fired or the compact size or CZ guns, owes it to themselves to get to a range where they can rent a P-10C or find a friend that has one to try. Or just take the gamble and spend the $400-420 on one and if you don't like it, sell it for what you have in it. I think the vast majority of owners will walk away impressed.

Other than the history of durability and dependability that Glock has, as well as the huge aftermarket support that Glock has, the CZ really does things better than the G19 I would say. Hard not to have a G19. But the P-10C could easily replace it.