Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Gunsmithing & Build It Yourself

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
jukebox

AKaholic #: 172617
Default Receiver options for 1969 Izzy AKM build

I have a beautiful Russian Izzy AKM kit, that I am going to have built up. I have a Romanian barrel and will have the rifle finished in Techno's Russian paint. All I need is a receiver, I am looking for the most authentic receiver available in a reasonable time. I know 74ULLC is best, but I don't want to wait a year. I am debating between Childer's or Recreator and would look to hear your thoughts on quality and authenticity.
jukebox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #2
swolff

AKaholic #: 180730

I went with Childers for my 68 and 69 Izzys. I've heard many good things about ReCreator as well and will be getting a receiver for my AIMR74 from them. I have near 15 Childers receivers and all have been great. Now I just gotta build them all.

Im sure if you talk to both companies about Izzy specifcs you may find which one ultimately to go with.
swolff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #3
Mr Nobody
((11))

AKaholic #: 180863

Id get the ReCreator .... if you ordered it right now you probably have it by Monday
I used one for my 69
They are spot except for variances in years of selector markings but you can order unmarked and do your own.

If Mr 74ULLC was smart he'd do the same
Mr Nobody is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #4
Bsims3996

AKaholic #: 162782

I've never used a Childers but here's a 68 I've just finished with a recreator receiver, techno paint (only painted receiver), and weaponsmark refurb stencil (recreator did the selector markings)

Also did this aims74 on a recreator

Bsims3996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
Bullandvodka
Postal Reservist

AKaholic #: 171330

+1. The recreator blanks will get you a nice more/less correct receiver without waiting MULTIPLE years for 74ullc item (that dude really either needs some help or just stop taking orders).

Then use Weaponsmark’s awesome etching stencils and you’ll have a very nice receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nobody View Post
Id get the ReCreator .... if you ordered it right now you probably have it by Monday
I used one for my 69
They are spot except for variances in years of selector markings but you can order unmarked and do your own.

If Mr 74ULLC was smart he'd do the same
Late 60's Tula milled AKM recoil guide. Excellent bonus for #734.
Bullandvodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
DanM08

AKaholic #: 182041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullandvodka View Post
+1. The recreator blanks will get you a nice more/less correct receiver without waiting MULTIPLE years for 74ullc item (that dude really either needs some help or just stop taking orders).

Then use Weaponsmark’s awesome etching stencils and you’ll have a very nice receiver.
Agreed... my buddy has been waiting 2 years for his from 74ullc.. (insert crickets here..)
DanM08 is online now   Reply With Quote