Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #351
ncreptile
Bill the Butcher for President
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 165174

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post
I was maybe interested in a close copy of the original but after seeing these I will not support this company. Ugly as shit. Why can't they just understand that people want a replica, not a hybrid?
Because this kid needs something he can brag to his COD WW2 friends about and then go and brag about with his COD Modern Warfare friends about. Otherwise he'd need two guns!

ncreptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #352
ncreptile
Silver Contributor

I can tell you this much. If HMG ever sends out a single STG clo... what do I call it? an STG Piece of crap?.. that's better.

They'll have cornered the entire airsofter moving into real guns market.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #353
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 180809

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
Because this kid needs something he can brag to his COD WW2 friends about and then go and brag about with his COD Modern Warfare friends about. Otherwise he'd need two guns!

"Hey dude check this out, I got a MP44 that take AR mags and has a folding stock, DUUURRRRRR"
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #354
Richard W.
Contributor

AKaholic #: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post

Oh yeah, sign me up.
Might be the angle, but it sure looks like that $7 surplus Romanian underfolding stock has nowhere to go if you try to fold it.

Guess you just keep it extended!
Richard W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #355
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163202

Quote:
I can tell you this much. If HMG ever sends out a single STG clo... what do I call it? an STG Piece of crap?.. that's better.

They'll have cornered the entire airsofter moving into real guns market.
I hate the idea that the fuckers at HMG get to use the term "Stg44" with that piece of crap they managed to assemble. MP43/MP44/Stg44 are names for real German Guns used in WW2, not some piece of crap so called reproduction, sad!

Last edited by hansellhd; 11-29-2017 at 04:35 PM.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #356
steveTA1983
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 180809

Quote:
I hate the idea that the fuckers at HMG get to use the term "Stg44" with that piece pf crap they managed to assemble. MP43/MP44/Stg44 are names for real German Guns used in WW2, not some piece of crap so called reproduction, sad!
steveTA1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:09 AM   #357
vaktathi

AKaholic #: 176848

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveTA1983 View Post
I was maybe interested in a close copy of the original but after seeing these I will not support this company. Ugly as shit.
I don't want to interrupt the HMG hate-train too much, but as a point of fact, the pics of those guns with the underfolder and whatnot are old, IIRC they're from SHOT Show a couple of years ago, to show what *could* be done as a result of the redesign, not something they're trying to sell, at least in the case of the underfolder and AR stock (I agree they look ridiculous and would absolutely never be interested in one in such a configuration myself either). If you're getting buttmad about *that* pic at this point...well, they haven't exactly been a secret for the last almost two years.

Quote:
Why can't they just understand that people want a replica, not a hybrid?
There's almost 10 hours worth of YouTube footage on 3 or 4 different channels on exactly what changes they made, and why they made them, on Forgotten Weapons, MAC and InRange and maybe one other.

Last edited by vaktathi; 11-30-2017 at 03:29 AM.
vaktathi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:24 AM   #358
mishaco
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 190226

Alteration or authenticity, true replica or modern reimagining; this stuff doesn't at all matter unless/until HMG actually ships fully completed firearms to real paying customers.

The MP/STG44 is a great gun. It has history, it is a blast to shoot, it has very good lines, it is mechanically interesting, it has good ergonomics (for the 1940s at least), and its cool factor is off the scale.

Someone really should make a reproduction of it....bet it'd sell quite nicely.
Wouldn't that be something?
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #359
ncreptile
Silver Contributor

And I knew vaktathi would show up eventually. He just can't get enough.

I loved screwing with him a while back when I realized he was subscribed to the thread. I'd make a post, click "Refresh" for about a minute and wait for him to enter the thread and his activity was updated to "posting in thread". I'd then lock the thread before he could click post. Then after he left I'd unlock it rinse and repeat. It was quite fun until he caught on after the second or third time.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #360
bigrog210
Vierfruchtpyjama

AKaholic #: 177977

Quote:

I loved screwing with him a while back when I realized he was subscribed to the thread. I'd make a post, click "Refresh" for about a minute and wait for him to enter the thread and his activity was updated to "posting in thread". I'd then lock the thread before he could click post. Then after he left I'd unlock it rinse and repeat. It was quite fun until he caught on after the second or third time.

///
Magaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshut View Post
autonomic nervous system:

The part of the nervous system responsible for control of the bodily functions not consciously directed, such as breathing, the heartbeat, digestive processes and ordering AK 47 magazines.
bigrog210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #361
vaktathi

AKaholic #: 176848

Quote:
Literally all I did was point out the pics aren't new at all, and that if one wants to know about the design changes there's ample explanation available.

*So* scandalous...

Quote:
It happened like once and then you got real unhinged and butthurt and locked the thread except to talk to yourself for a month after making some rather hilariously absurd accusations of me being an employee of HMG.

If you really want my attention, all you had to do was send flowers

Seriously though, calm your tits, unless you want me to pay rent for whatever space I'm taking up in your head, clearly I'm there a lot if you're paying *that* much attention to my posting
Old 11-30-2017, 12:29 PM   #362
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

The real But-Hurt is going to happen when all of the suckers who put money down on this thing slowly realize that their wonder/fantasy Gun will never be produced. All they will be left with is a - 1.8K deficit Bank account and their Dick in their hand. LOL...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...LOL.

Last edited by hansellhd; 11-30-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #363
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
In today's market, $1,800 might as well be $3,000.

A year or two ago, $1.8k was high but not insane. Now though, with prices dropping everywhere, its more and more and out lyer.

Someone willing to spend $1.8k for a sort-of STG clone would most likely be willing to spend $2.5k-$3.0k for a more authentic clone/copy.
And in the end, they'd probably be happier.

I bet even if this HMG thing comes out (it won't), those who buy them will be reselling them after a few months. At first they'll be happy to have something that does look a bit like the original, but as time goes on and the 'new' wears off, all the small differences will start to eat at them. Tired of being bugged, they'll just end up selling off as it really wasn't all they'd hoped for and what they truely wanted.
And that's assuming the thing even runs and doesn't have a critical part flaw.

Otherwise, just get an ATI STG44-22 for $400. It looks more like an original and does at least say 'Made In Germany' on the side.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/gsg-stg44...l#.WiBNYUxFxHI

I agree, $300. for this .22 Plinker is not bad at all. Makes a nice little varmint rifle.

It would like to see ATI Scale this up for 7.62x39, keep it under 1K. It would sell like hot cakes.

Last edited by hansellhd; 11-30-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #364
Garik

AKaholic #: 179998

Quote:

Wtf is that pink thing? And what's with the weird unicorn thing with the word obey?

The guy would have been better off taking mall ninja tacticool oper8or pics in the mirror.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:56 PM   #365
Sweersa
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 157316

Tag for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeManassas View Post
So, can I assume that WTF is not one of the Marketplace headings like WTS, WTB, or WTT?
Sweersa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:43 PM   #366
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garik View Post
Wtf is that pink thing? And what's with the weird unicorn thing with the word obey?

The guy would have been better off taking mall ninja tacticool oper8or pics in the mirror.
He better change soon or be late for his mall security guard gig.
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:19 PM   #367
ncreptile
Silver Contributor

They just posted up a short video of one being fired on their facebook. Of course only showing 9 or 10 rounds being fired with a couple odd ejections that they blamed on reloaded ammunition. Said "Good news on the magazines hopefully tomorrow."

Allow me to jump in my time machine and give you a summary of whats coming tomorrow.
"Good news we finally have the magazines! Bad news is a tiny spring we had outsourced is weak and causing breakage issues but not to worry we are fixing that as I type this and we're still on schedule to ship in Spring 2018."

They won't just ship out the guns.. There's going to be some other excuse to kick the can down the road another month.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:20 PM   #368
Tankboy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
Bottom one is like Pinocchio
Lmao
Tankboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #369
dan326
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 169937

Quote:

My little pony sign and a My little Pony toy hanging off him.

BTW, those hybrids look like sh$t.
dan326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #370
Sweersa
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 157316

The only good to come out of this thread are the guys posting real STG44s (or PTR clones with parts that are close enough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeManassas View Post
So, can I assume that WTF is not one of the Marketplace headings like WTS, WTB, or WTT?
Sweersa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:01 AM   #371
ncgoober

AKaholic #: 171030

Was able to handle their sample at this years Atlanta NRA.

Racked the slide and it sounded like and felt like a bucket of bolts in a 3# coffee can.
Maybe its supposed to be like that but it wasn't confidence inspiring.
ncgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:50 AM   #372
mishaco
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 190226

Well the real, actual STG44 and also the PTR44 does have a rather 'unique' feel to its action and bolt travel.

But HMG's thing is in no way a real '44 of any kind, so who knows what one should feel like?
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:59 AM   #373
ncreptile
Silver Contributor

I've been watching their facebook for a while. Seems many have lost patience and or have come out of their delusional spell.

Over a week ago "Hopefully good news about the magazines tomorrow."
Here it is a week later and nothing.

To quote a person
"So these are on track for Christmas 2027?"
Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #374
Steve_In_29
Semper Fi

AKaholic #: 183727

I would venture that should more people demand their deposits back the whole venture will fold like a house of cards.
Steve_In_29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:48 PM   #375
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
I would venture that should more people demand their deposits back the whole venture will fold like a house of cards.

+1

Every month that goes buy without product more and more of the "Investors"
(they may not know it but that's what they are) will be demanding their money back.

Just like a Bank without those Investors the doors will close permanently and just like a Bank if all of the investors demand their money back at the same time guess what happens?.....

Old 12-07-2017, 11:54 PM   #376
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Those that want their money back should hurry. He who panics first and gets his money back, panics best. Wait too long, and there might be no company to get your money back from. Get in line behind all the other creditors. Hope there are pennies left for you to collect.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #377
Steve_In_29
Semper Fi

AKaholic #: 183727

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
Those that want their money back should hurry. He who panics first and gets his money back, panics best. Wait too long, and there might be no company to get your money back from. Get in line behind all the other creditors. Hope there are pennies left for you to collect.
My comment was in regards the already mentioned people who demanded refunds and that there probably isn't much left in the pot by now. That if you haven't panicked by now that it might already be too late and a few more people "panicking" will tip them into declaring bankruptcy and leaving everyone that remained hopeful in the lurch.
Steve_In_29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:00 AM   #378
burninglegs
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
My comment was in regards the already mentioned people who demanded refunds and that there probably isn't much left in the pot by now. That if you haven't panicked by now that it might already be too late and a few more people "panicking" will tip them into declaring bankruptcy and leaving everyone that remained hopeful in the lurch.
I think we are saying the same thing.
burninglegs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:38 AM   #379
MOTOROLANUT
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 187095

It would be interesting to know the total amount of $ customers gave them in down payments/deposits for these "ghost guns"....
MOTOROLANUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:06 AM   #380
Richard W.
Contributor

AKaholic #: 132

I'm not sure why anyone did the pre-buy in the first place.

IIRC, the only thing HMG offered was an extra magazine for sending in your payment. BFD. And they wanted the FULL payment, not even a partial amount for a deposit.

Not exactly a screaming deal that you can't refuse.

I wonder if Forgotten Weapons Ian wishes he hadn't gotten mixed up in promoting these guys.
Richard W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:36 AM   #381
ncreptile
Silver Contributor

Quote:
+1

Every month that goes buy without product more and more of the "Investors"
(they may not know it but that's what they are) will be demanding their money back.

Just like a Bank without those Investors the doors will close permanently and just like a Bank if all of the investors demand their money back at the same time guess what happens?.....
Thats why I said earlier it reminded me of Bernie Madoff. His tactic was if someone approached for a refund, he gave it to them so they would not spook the herd and cause a stampede wanting their money/investment back. He'd then go find two more sucks to make up for it all while touting "ANYONE WHO WANTS THEIR MONEY BACK CAN HAVE IT". And people ate it all up until the end.

A guy just posted on their facebook he's had a preorder with them for 2 years and "messages about my order go unanswered". I messaged him and said "Get your money back NOW, if these do ever come out then buy one.."

I really do believe HMG intended on building these but they bit off more than they could chew with multi caliber and now has a mess of problems they have to "learn" their way out of.. Sadly learning takes time and money, both at the expense of the preorder folks no doubt.

Get out now before the roof collapses.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #382
bathtub

AKaholic #: 190907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W. View Post
I'm not sure why anyone did the pre-buy in the first place.

IIRC, the only thing HMG offered was an extra magazine for sending in your payment. BFD. And they wanted the FULL payment, not even a partial amount for a deposit.

Not exactly a screaming deal that you can't refuse.

I wonder if Forgotten Weapons Ian wishes he hadn't gotten mixed up in promoting these guys.
I cant speak for everyone obviously but i got in after Ian's video. I love ww2 guns and knew that was as close as i would get. I ordered in december 2015 and started stockpiling 8mm kurz.

I believed hmg would deliver on promises after seeing their cetme project success even with delay. I was told june or july 2016. After a number of delays and untrue statements in email about production i pulled out in december 2016. Im salty about the whole thing but happy i didnt lose any money. I won't buy from them no matter what. They lost a customer who wanted to see them succeed and backed them.
bathtub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #383
Ammosexual
It's sexual
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 188374

Quote:

Holy shit.

He is wearing Turtle Beach Xbox Headset. Although I will say, the Paintball gun he's holding is also a piece of shit.

So is he

Really, that whole picture is shit and I need to go slit my wrists just looking at it.
Ammosexual is offline   Reply With Quote