Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 01-31-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
saigamantx

AKaholic #: 70396
Default How difficult are AK 103 parts to find?

Specifically the barrel parts? My local fun shop has a pre dimple 7.62X39 Saiga reasonably priced unconverted and I thought about picking it up to do a 103 clone on.
saigamantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
Lane_H
Banned

AKaholic #: 182543

Hell even if you never convert it, "reasonably priced" I say grab it quick
Lane_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 8377

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigamantx View Post
Specifically the barrel parts? My local fun shop has a pre dimple 7.62X39 Saiga reasonably priced unconverted and I thought about picking it up to do a 103 clone on.
Pretty Easy I'd say. Vendor KrazyUk has the front end parts in stock and he's stateside.
fourtfourmag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
AK-Pirate
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183956

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtfourmag View Post
Pretty Easy I'd say. Vendor KrazyUk has the front end parts in stock and he's stateside.
Yes but I make sure you get the 103 brake and not the 5.45 brake from him. I did a clone last year and sourced all my parts from him. I believe I got the gas block, FSB, and brake from him for $230 total. Those were authentic Russian parts. You can always use a Bulgy gas block, FSB, and a US made 7.62 brake for probably $150.
AK-Pirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor

103 comps are easy to find now, sub $80 range is the norm.

I've got a handful of 103 parts I'm saving for a future build, just tossing out KU as I recently dealt with him for some parts.

w/so many resellers and so much trying to come out RU its a lot easier today then a few years ago parts wise.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
crashmaniac
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 74946

Quote:
I know he had them When I bought mine, at least the muzzle brake anyway. Genuine Russian 7.62 long collar , I think its considered long collar, I always mix them up, anyway like the one on tantalís AK-103 on Avtomats in action site here http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/pro26.html. Long as its a 3 rivet Saiga.
"And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ".
--Good OL' TJ
crashmaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #7
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaniac View Post
I know he had them When I bought mine, at least the muzzle brake anyway. Genuine Russian 7.62 long collar , I think its considered long collar, I always mix them up, anyway like the one on tantal’s AK-103 on Avtomats in action site here http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/pro26.html. Long as its a 3 rivet Saiga.
thats a great tutorial and build by thirtycal *except for the polish mag*. I've referenced it before and hopefully mine one day will look as well. Got the parts, just need a donor SGL21.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #8
crashmaniac
Silver Contributor

Quote:
thats a great tutorial and build by thirtycal *except for the polish mag*. I've referenced it before and hopefully mine one day will look as well. Got the parts, just need a donor SGL21.
It really is I always point folks there to look at the afghan war 74 clone too, as for the polish mag it was probably before we go some of the other russian stuff I dont know what year it was uploaded.
"And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ".
--Good OL' TJ
Old 02-02-2018, 07:31 PM   #9
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaniac View Post
It really is I always point folks there to look at the afghan war 74 clone too, as for the polish mag it was probably before we go some of the other russian stuff I dont know what year it was uploaded.
30's build was talked about a lot over on a different forum. I'd say its about 10yrs ago. Yeah the polish mag and AKUSA comp (I think) were just what was available at the time. He did do a fantastic job. I'm sure wherever he is now, its probably sporting the proper comp and mag no doubt.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #10
Light1984

AKaholic #: 195162

So the linked build is my dream gun as well. Dont mean to highjack the thread, but are there any builders that can match the quality of that build that you guys would recommend. Doent seem ill be finding a SGL-21 anytime soon to do this though.

Thanks,
Josh
Light1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #11
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light1984 View Post
So the linked build is my dream gun as well. Dont mean to highjack the thread, but are there any builders that can match the quality of that build that you guys would recommend. Doent seem ill be finding a SGL-21 anytime soon to do this though.

Thanks,
Josh
Sierra Ordnance out in NV, Two Rivers in OK etc. There are 21's out there, usually the 61 & 71 are the ones listed. There's two over on arfcom around the 1200 mark, three 21's listed locally to me and all are asking above that so they are reaching.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:43 PM   #12
crashmaniac
Silver Contributor

Yeah Russian stuff is getting into the high dollar collector range my only hope is I stumble on on I can afford, maybe from someone local who I know, before they are in the Polytech Legend catagory
--Good OL' TJ
Old 02-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #13
Light1984

Quote:
Sierra Ordnance out in NV, Two Rivers in OK etc. There are 21's out there, usually the 61 & 71 are the ones listed. There's two over on arfcom around the 1200 mark, three 21's listed locally to me and all are asking above that so they are reaching.
Haven't heard of the 61. Saw the 94 which is the folder, and the 71 is the fixed stock. What other differences are there?
Old 02-04-2018, 11:12 PM   #14
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light1984 View Post
Haven't heard of the 61. Saw the 94 which is the folder, and the 71 is the fixed stock. What other differences are there?
61 is the warsaw length, 71 is the nato length, 84 is the triangle folder, 94 is the poly folder, then Fime has their numbers as well.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #15
Light1984

Quote:
61 is the warsaw length, 71 is the nato length, 84 is the triangle folder, 94 is the poly folder, then Fime has their numbers as well.

Awesome, thank you.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:11 AM   #16
greasepencil

AKaholic #: 184148

What about 103 bolts? I recently got an SGL20 and would like to have a spare if I could swing it.
greasepencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #17
fourtfourmag
Veteran Member
Contributor

They are spendy, I've seen a few on GB, I picked up a spare off here about 3 months ago. I also picked up the carrier w/the almost FA back end unlike the ones that came w/the SGL's that were machined off. Makes me feel all warm an fuzzy and thats all that matters.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #18
GypsyDanger
"My hero." -Spiderman

AKaholic #: 179245

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasepencil View Post
What about 103 bolts? I recently got an SGL20 and would like to have a spare if I could swing it.
You're better off finding an extractor, firing pin, and bolt pins.