Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > K-VAR

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #36
KrinkCliff

AKaholic #: 191626

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
That is good news that more SLR-104's are in the pipeline!

Are mags for these rifles being manufactured as well? Prices and availability being what they are, could be beneficial for all!
The M-74N Black Circle Ten 30-round magazines are still being manufactured by Bulgaria to support the SAM5 line. All clear magazines have been discontinued and we are selling out the last of those now. I think that we'll see more of the black magazines pretty soon and on a more consistent basis.
KrinkCliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #37
pisomojado101

AKaholic #: 196447

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrinkCliff View Post
The M-74N Black Circle Ten 30-round magazines are still being manufactured by Bulgaria to support the SAM5 line. All clear magazines have been discontinued and we are selling out the last of those now. I think that we'll see more of the black magazines pretty soon and on a more consistent basis.
Any possibilities of SAM5 imports in the future?
pisomojado101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #38
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisomojado101 View Post
Any possibilities of SAM5 imports in the future?
Yes, from what I understand that is a possibility but have not heard a peep about them coming in anytime soon.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #39
pisomojado101

AKaholic #: 196447

Quote:
Yes, from what I understand that is a possibility but have not heard a peep about them coming in anytime soon.
It would be cool if you could offer them in the standard configurations, and also with magwell adapters to take AR-15 mags, kind of like Zastava did with the M85/M90.
pisomojado101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #40
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisomojado101 View Post
It would be cool if you could offer them in the standard configurations, and also with magwell adapters to take AR-15 mags, kind of like Zastava did with the M85/M90.
That would be pretty cool. I think that most would prefer the standard AK magwell but there are people that would appreciate an AR-15 magwell for sure.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #41
Negative Creep

AKaholic #: 199021

We need SAM5 pistols
Negative Creep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #42
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Creep View Post
We need SAM5 pistols
I don't disagree
Old 04-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #43
KrinkCliff

We've got a pretty sweet promo going on only this weekend.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #44
wally05

AKaholic #: 186580

So... are you running short on 106s or got plenty to require the sale?
wally05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #45
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally05 View Post
So... are you running short on 106s or got plenty to require the sale?
Yes to both questions.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #46
Mclaughlin
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 186391

Quote:
Going out on a limb

Cliff!! Can you guys do this Promo for when the next round of of black polymers come in?? Exclusive run for us users

or at very least save some for people looking to buy the complete package

The Mag Re-sellers are beating everyone and it's what is holding me back from buying a 106
Mclaughlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #47
wolf762

AKaholic #: 193313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclaughlin View Post
Going out on a limb

Cliff!! Can you guys do this Promo for when the next round of of black polymers come in?? Exclusive run for us users

The Mag Re-sellers are beating everyone and it's what is holding me back from buying a 106
I ainít no cliff but Nathan has called me before 5:30 pm my time with my back order wish list stuff
People have actually lost sight of what an AK is. I mean its an inexpensive. effective and reliable tool that has a specified function. It will deliver projectiles inside a 6 inch circle at 300 meters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love my ak47 View Post
Dude you look at your Arsenal rifle wrong and it voids the Warranty
wolf762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #48
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclaughlin View Post
Going out on a limb

I unfortunately won't be able to offer free M-74N black magazines with a purchase of an SLR106-21. I can however guarantee that if you call us and place a back order for them that you will be called before they go live online. If for some reason we are unable to reach you we will allocate your back order for at least 24 hours prior to releasing them for sale. With quantities being limited we do have to put a cap on the number of available units per purchase in an attempt to give everyone a fair shot at getting them. I will also put something on here first to give everyone a heads up before making them go live.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:45 PM   #49
faya

AKaholic #: 195106

Let me preface this by saying that I am not expert. However I do own a SLR-106CR and have sent it back to Arsenal twice for jamming on 5.56 ammo. From this experiance, I can say personally that my rifle worked just fine with .223 ammo (brass and steel). When I tried 5.56 ammo (from various manufactuers) I experianced the following: trigger slap, pronounced muzzle flash, shift of POI of about 2 inches and at least 2-3 jams (mostly stovepipes) per 30 rd mag. When I switched back to .223 during the same shooting session, everything was fine (POI back to zero, reduced flash, no trigger slap and no jams for mag after mag). What "I" take away from this is this: even though the Arsenal litature says that this rifle is 5.56, "my" rifle is .223. Although I am not 100% happy with with this I am living with it and to me it makes sense.
faya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #50
dtownmj

AKaholic #: 182634

Quote:
I unfortunately won't be able to offer free M-74N black magazines with a purchase of an SLR106-21. I can however guarantee that if you call us and place a back order for them that you will be called before they go live online. If for some reason we are unable to reach you we will allocate your back order for at least 24 hours prior to releasing them for sale. With quantities being limited we do have to put a cap on the number of available units per purchase in an attempt to give everyone a fair shot at getting them. I will also put something on here first to give everyone a heads up before making them go live.
Cliff,

Was at kalashbash and met a member of the kvar/arsenal/fimegroup legal team (brian hardy) and kit cope - they said to reach out to you about possibly getting a discount code once in a while for file members or even free shipping once in a while - both of the guys i talked to seemed supportive of this on your team. Please let us know if this is something you can arrange for a couple of times a year!! We spend alot of $$ on kvar
dtownmj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #51
redmax29

AKaholic #: 157962
Location: Either the 2nd or 3rd level of hell. It's too hot to tell.

this rumormill of 104's coming back makes me feel a level of joy I have not felt in a while.
redmax29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:13 PM   #52
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownmj View Post
Cliff,

Was at kalashbash and met a member of the kvar/arsenal/fimegroup legal team (brian hardy) and kit cope - they said to reach out to you about possibly getting a discount code once in a while for file members or even free shipping once in a while - both of the guys i talked to seemed supportive of this on your team. Please let us know if this is something you can arrange for a couple of times a year!! We spend alot of $$ on kvar
Too easy. I'll work something out in relation to this. Thank you for bringing that up. We can run something for a week long once every three months or so.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #53
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax29 View Post
this rumormill of 104's coming back makes me feel a level of joy I have not felt in a while.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:33 PM   #54
BATTERY

AKaholic #: 189334

Quote:

Is this sale still going on? Looks like I was too late when i went to the website.
BATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #55
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATTERY View Post
Is this sale still going on? Looks like I was too late when i went to the website.
Unfortunately it is no longer going on. Initially it was good for last weekend and we decided to extend it until Thursday at 10am. Did you happen to pick one up yesterday?
Old 04-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #56
BATTERY

No,I logged on last night around7 pacific time. I was on the fence anyway but noticed the sake was over. Oh well
Old 04-20-2019, 02:23 AM   #57
dtownmj

AKaholic #: 182634

Quote:
Too easy. I'll work something out in relation to this. Thank you for bringing that up. We can run something for a week long once every three months or so.
Thanks - please let us know. Id like to pick up a couple of things, including that arsenal condor bag.
dtownmj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:42 PM   #58
wolf762

I want a liquidation sale of the 106 series if their really not coming back
People have actually lost sight of what an AK is. I mean its an inexpensive. effective and reliable tool that has a specified function. It will deliver projectiles inside a 6 inch circle at 300 meters.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #59
BATTERY

I think I’m just going to wait and see what the Atlantic wbp 5.56 or the PSA 5.56 ends up looking like. If I buy the 106 I will end up sending it off to get a side rail mounted. No doubt voiding my kvar warranty. If breathing on an arsenal gun voids the warranty imagine a side mount!
Old 04-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #60
wolf762

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATTERY View Post
I think I’m just going to wait and see what the Atlantic wbp 5.56 or the PSA 5.56 ends up looking like. If I buy the 106 I will end up sending it off to get a side rail mounted. No doubt voiding my kvar warranty. If breathing on an arsenal gun voids the warranty imagine a side mount!
Yeah!

You ever think of the master mount ?

The PSA version on price alone when it’s tentatively release in July will be a sell out . Also we have seen PSAs warranty in action over and over . And it’s for life

Quote:
Old 04-21-2019, 02:20 AM   #61
BATTERY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf762 View Post
Yeah!

You ever think of the master mount ?

The PSA version on price alone when itís tentatively release in July will be a sell out . Also we have seen PSAs warranty in action over and over . And itís for life

I donít dig the master mount, just not my taste.. If I had a 106 I would end up spending money on a decent side mount and end up paying someone to do it.

I guess I can wait.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #62
Billsfan

AKaholic #: 158083

KrinkCliff- Any chance we will see the SLR 104 CR? I’m sure I’m not the only one wanting that model!
Billsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #63
KrinkCliff

I haven't heard any news regarding SLR104CR's but I do know that it is a possibility.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #64
Danielsand
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 198057

There is very little love for 106 rifles on the web. I didn't even know they existed, (I was busy), until my wife gave me the CR for my b-day (used). It's the reason I joined this forum, to learn all about it. I did, (learn) a LOT.

I chopped it, suppressed it, and it's now my "go to" for the ranch work. It has BFPU finish, and it performs FLAWLESSLY after some tinkering (I like to tinker). It's never more than arm's length from me, no matter what I'm doing. I like it. A lot.

P.S. While tinkering, I had to call Arsenal twice. I received STELLAR service from them, and I am not the original owner either. People bitch here about Arsenal/KVAR ,...my experience with them was VERY positive.
Danielsand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:33 PM   #65
wolf762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsand View Post
There is very little love for 106 rifles on the web. I didn't even know they existed, (I was busy), until my wife gave me the CR for my b-day (used). It's the reason I joined this forum, to learn all about it. I did, (learn) a LOT.

I chopped it, suppressed it, and it's now my "go to" for the ranch work. It has BFPU finish, and it performs FLAWLESSLY after some tinkering (I like to tinker). It's never more than arm's length from me, no matter what I'm doing. I like it. A lot.

P.S. While tinkering, I had to call Arsenal twice. I received STELLAR service from them, and I am not the original owner either. People bitch here about Arsenal/KVAR ,...my experience with them was VERY positive.

In my not worth a sh!t opinion . The CR type rifles are the perfect aks once chopped . I went with the UR series which Iím ok with . My 107UR sbr is fun to shoot but in all practical applications the CR has the edge .

Quote:
Old 04-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #66
ChilLyWilLy

AKaholic #: 185882

Quote:
I haven't heard any news regarding SLR104CR's but I do know that it is a possibility.
This. I'm still gathering Bulgarian parts to make my own. I had to get a Russian Rear Folding Trunnion however. I think that will be the only part non Bulgarian... oh well.
ChilLyWilLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #67
wolf762

I’m breaking up with all akms and variants until the SAM5s come back at a price point at the Sam7R level or below due to the magazine costs . Goodbye Cliff and friends it’s been great ..

Quote:
Old 04-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #68
Msanti

AKaholic #: 197045

What exactly is the reason for the 106 rifles not being imported with the side rail mount? Will 106frs and 106crs ever be the imported again? Those are my questions thanks
Msanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:42 AM   #69
Daver

AKaholic #: 196115

Daver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:31 PM   #70
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msanti View Post
What exactly is the reason for the 106 rifles not being imported with the side rail mount? Will 106frs and 106crs ever be the imported again? Those are my questions thanks
The SLR106's with side rail mounts have all been sold with the exception of NFA items. SLR106 rifles will never be imported again due to them being permanently discontinued. We are down to a handful of SLR106C's and SLR106F's. My estimate is that all will be sold by Mid Summer or sooner.