Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > RKBA and Legal

Notices

Old 04-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #1
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

AKaholic #: 159575
Default Help on eForm 1 for filing Zenith Z-5P

Since this is my FIRST time filing an eForm 1 / Form 1 for a Zenith firearm, I have some questions pertaining Maker/Manufacture/Importer/ Serial numbers ect...

1. On the ATF Form 5320.23, what did you guys put in BLOCK 4b?

a) Zenith Firearms
10517 Critzer Shop Road
Afton, VA 22920

(OR)

b) Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation (MKE), Turkey

2. On the AFT Form 5320.23, Block 4e (Serial Number). Is the serial number the whole 14 digits on top of the receiver?

EXPAMPLE: T0624-18BK12345 (or) 18BK12345

3. On the eForm 1, Section "Line Item,"

Manufacture Name:
MKE (OR) Mechanical and Chemical Industry Company?

Manufacture Country:
Turkey = Correct?

Thanks guys!

Art-
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
ST19AG_WGreymon

AKaholic #: 162038

Are you using the eForms website?

The manufacturer/importer name should autofill (both work, I typically use importer):

Importer: ZENITH FIREARMS INC

or

Manufacturer: MKE (MAKINA VE KIMYA INDUSTRISI)

The serial number is all 14 digits.

Make sure you copy the markings correctly. On my Z-5RS, the model is marked "MKE Z 5RS".
ST19AG_WGreymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #3
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST19AG_WGreymon View Post
Are you using the eForms website?

The manufacturer/importer name should autofill (both work, I typically use importer):

Importer: ZENITH FIREARMS INC

or

Manufacturer: MKE (MAKINA VE KIMYA INDUSTRISI)

The serial number is all 14 digits.

Make sure you copy the markings correctly. On my Z-5RS, the model is marked "MKE Z 5RS".

Thanks for responding! I’ll be submitting the eForm 1 next week. I just ordered some finger print forms from the BATF website. As soon as I get my prints done, I’ll submit the eForm 1 w/payment and mail in the finger print forms.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #4
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

The manufacturer is MKEK Turkey. On the line item page put that in and it will come up. The form asks for the manufacturer not the importer. On the SN, put what is on the gun. The whole thing. Here is why, sometimes you get a butthead looking at your form and will send you a delay because incorrect/ incomplete info, sometimes not, but there is no point in waiting just to get a delay. They dick you around as it is. I put what is on the gun because sometimes they will ask for pictures of that info. It’s happened.
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #5
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
The manufacturer is MKEK Turkey. On the line item page put that in and it will come up. The form asks for the manufacturer not the importer. On the SN, put what is on the gun. The whole thing. Here is why, sometimes you get a butthead looking at your form and will send you a delay because incorrect/ incomplete info, sometimes not, but there is no point in waiting just to get a delay. They dick you around as it is. I put what is on the gun because sometimes they will ask for pictures of that info. It’s happened.
Ok, I'll put that down on the eForm 1.

How about the ATF Form 5320.23? It asked for "Name of Address of Maker, Manufacturer and /or Importer of Firearm."

What did you put down? If you put MKE, please provide the address that you put in your form.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2019, 09:05 PM   #6
ST19AG_WGreymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post

How about the ATF Form 5320.23? It asked for "Name of Address of Maker, Manufacturer and /or Importer of Firearm."

What did you put down? If you put MKE, please provide the address that you put in your form.

Thanks!
Manufacturer or importer will work, neither is wrong, since it gets transcribed to the box (4a) on the actual Form 1 (latest version) asking for Manufacturer and/or Importer.

The reason the e-file system just says "Manufacturer" is because the system has not been updated to reflect the changes in the 2019 Form. They probably won't bother to change it anyway.

In some cases an importer may engrave a new serial number on a firearm, in that case you have to put importer to coincide with the serial number. The only thing you really shouldn't mess up is caliber.

Last edited by ST19AG_WGreymon; 04-11-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:57 PM   #7
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post

Thanks!
My MKE guns are all ATI imports and they were all F1’d before 41f so there was none of that responsible person BS for a trust. However, what ever you put or was populated on the pull down for MKEK, I’m guessing Ankara, Turkey I would put that. In other words, what ever is on your 5320.1 should be the same as the 5320.23. Since it does say or importer, I would think Zenith and the US address would also be acceptable. I will say on several Arsenal guns I did post 41F it as the same as the 5320.1. Arsenal, Bulgaria as well as some B&T and SAN Swiss SIG guns. Thun, Switzerland and Neuhausen, Switzerland, respectively. All were approved.
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:11 AM   #8
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
Manufacturer or importer will work, neither is wrong, since it gets transcribed to the box (4a) on the actual Form 1 (latest version) asking for Manufacturer and/or Importer.

The reason the e-file system just says "Manufacturer" is because the system has not been updated to reflect the changes in the 2019 Form. They probably won't bother to change it anyway.

In some cases an importer may engrave a new serial number on a firearm, in that case you have to put importer to coincide with the serial number. The only thing you really shouldn't mess up is caliber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
My MKE guns are all ATI imports and they were all F1d before 41f so there was none of that responsible person BS for a trust. However, what ever you put or was populated on the pull down for MKEK, Im guessing Ankara, Turkey I would put that. In other words, what ever is on your 5320.1 should be the same as the 5320.23. Since it does say or importer, I would think Zenith and the US address would also be acceptable. I will say on several Arsenal guns I did post 41F it as the same as the 5320.1. Arsenal, Bulgaria as well as some B&T and SAN Swiss SIG guns. Thun, Switzerland and Neuhausen, Switzerland, respectively. All were approved.
Thank you both for your help! I really appropriate both your time and knowledge!

I will make sure that both 5320.1 and 53.20.23 are consistent.

Since Zenith Firearms Inc., is in the drop down box in the "LINE ITEM" , I'll go ahead use Zenith Firearms Inc. and the U.S. address on both the 5320.1 and 53.20.23.

Zenith Firearms Inc.
10517 Critzer Shop Road
Afton, VA 22920

MFG: ZENITH FIREARMS INC
Caliber: 9
Unit of Measure: MM
Length of Barrel (In): 5.8
Overall Length (In): 23
Serial Number: T0123-18BK12345

ONE MORE QUESTION, In the "LINE ITEM," Electric Documents, do you upload a photo of the firearms serial number and a photo of the firearms model? Or just leave it blank.

The next page after "LINE ITEM" is the "ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS." That's where I upload my TRUST.

Thanks!

Art-
Old 04-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #9
ST19AG_WGreymon

The "Line Item electronic documents", is where you upload schematics, etc. if you are building something from scratch. You do not need to put anything here if you are simply SBRing a manufactured rifle.

The "Electronic Documents" page is where you upload the trust.

Prior to the update of the Form 1, the ATF wanted strictly the manufacturer info so things like Arsenal Co., Bulgaria for the SLR-104UR was fine, now you can put Arsenal Inc. United States if you wanted. Just to make it clear ddnc isn't wrong.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #10
Azwell

AKaholic #: 194293

I have an approved SBR for a Zenith Z-5P dated 01/26/16, so it may be a bit outdated.

Below is as submitted:

4a. Zenith Firearms Inc. United States

4b. Short Barreled Rifle

4c. 9

4d. Model Z-5P

**serial number is all 14 digits**

Last edited by Azwell; 04-12-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Azwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #11
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

Quote:
The "Line Item electronic documents", is where you upload schematics, etc. if you are building something from scratch. You do not need to put anything here if you are simply SBRing a manufactured rifle.
The "Electronic Documents" page is where you upload the trust.

Prior to the update of the Form 1, the ATF wanted strictly the manufacturer info so things like Arsenal Co., Bulgaria for the SLR-104UR was fine, now you can put Arsenal Inc. United States if you wanted. Just to make it clear ddnc isn't wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azwell View Post
I have an approved SBR for a Zenith Z-5P dated 01/26/16, so it may be a bit outdated.

Below is as submitted:

4a. Zenith Firearms Inc. United States

4b. Short Barreled Rifle

4c. 9

4d. Model Z-5P

**serial number is all 14 digits**

AWESOME!! Thank you again guys!! I really appreciate it!