Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > SVDs and RomAK IIIs

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #106
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 8,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin View Post
Awww yea, Apache is so dedicated to bringing such great deals to the crowd on GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=404100409

Magically PSL's become dragunovs. And I know he knows it's decit as he's been called out on this countless times.

"This is a used, factory built Romanian Dragunov sniper rifle, complete with original military scope(not the imported version) and all of the accessories pictured. These rifles, also known as a Romak-3, SSG-97, and PSL, are extremely accurate and reliable. The Dragunov design has been in use since the mid 60's, and is still the official design of Russia and other Com-bloc countries. This is the Romanian version, which improved on the Russian design"

What a swell guy, he's offering these great used guns at a meagre 1300 dollar markup over the century guns he bought up last year....
HA.. HAHA... HAHAHA.... I've never heard of a PSL Dragonuv before... What the FUCK is a a PSL Dragonuv? Is that a new rifle that Apache Arms produced? My starting to giggle again! LMAO!!
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #107
jtscuba02
Cutout
Bronze Contributor
 
jtscuba02's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 166235
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Raeford, NC
Posts: 2,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
HA.. HAHA... HAHAHA.... I've never heard of a PSL Dragonuv before... What the FUCK is a a PSL Dragonuv? Is that a new rifle that Apache Arms produced? My starting to giggle again! LMAO!!

The imported receivers that TGI is/was selling has that on it. Actually, it has; FPK DRAGONUV
MADE IN ROMANIA
IMPORTED BY TGI
and PSL is nowhere to be found on it. I'm not saying AA is right, I think he may be trying to mislead uninformed buyers, but the receivers do indeed have it on them. Who engraved it? Couldn't say.
jtscuba02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #108
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 8,126
Default

Just for kicks and giggles. Here is a good vid on PSL vs SVD. Love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVKUmTjZpY
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #109
Rollthelosingdice
Just Like You
 
Rollthelosingdice's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 158581
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Empty Air
Posts: 5,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Just for kicks and giggles. Here is a good vid on PSL vs SVD. Love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVKUmTjZpY
He doesn't have a dragunov to compare it to?
__________________
Rollthelosingdice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #110
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 8,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollthelosingdice View Post
He doesn't have a dragunov to compare it to?
I saw that you commented on this vid in Youtube 2 years ago. lol
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #111
Pvt.Joker
Larger than life and twice as ugly
 
Pvt.Joker's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 8956
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 11,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtscuba02 View Post
The imported receivers that TGI is/was selling has that on it. Actually, it has; FPK DRAGONUV
MADE IN ROMANIA
IMPORTED BY TGI
and PSL is nowhere to be found on it. I'm not saying AA is right, I think he may be trying to mislead uninformed buyers, but the receivers do indeed have it on them. Who engraved it? Couldn't say.
Well, I'm guessing but it seems logical that the importer TGI engraved that on it, not Cugir. So one could make the argument that the misrepresentation lies in part with them. I almost have a little sympathy for Apache here in ONE sense; the situation with that rifle's marking *could* be suggested to imply that it is something it is not- a Dragunov. It is the Romanian military equivalent version of a rifle that the Dragunov rifle fills in the fire support/designated marksman mission of in the Soviet/Russian armed forces. THAT would be a fair description of it, IMHO. "Sniper" rifle is a misnomer, anyway, for ANY rifle. It is a tool, in the end, and "sniper" is a trained individual fulfilling a specific role/mission. If a sniper uses a suppressed Ruger 10/22 for crowd control, then it is a "sniper rifle" in that usage. So the idea that a Dragunov, OR a PSL, OR a Remington 700, OR anything else CAN be a "sniper rifle" is not dishonest, in and of itself.

But the fact remains that the Dragunov, whether in SVD or TIGR configuration, is a rifle system that was designed by Yevgeny Dragunov. He did not design the PSL; it was a rifle designed by an allied Soviet Bloc country for doing what the Dragunov did for the Russians. So I *do* agree that in my opinion, he should consider changing the description of the PSL to reflect a more accurate explanation of what it is and is not, if the term "Dragunov" is going to be used in the sales pitch. It just makes him appear to be more honest as a seller to do so, if that is his intention. As to his pricing, on THAT part I do support his right to set his prices at whatever he chooses and let the marketplace decide. If he is too high on his property, then they will gather dust until either A) he reduces them/accepts a lower offer, or B) someone comes along who finds them worth the price he is asking, or C) they rust away sitting on his shelves. Either way; they ARE his property to do with as he sees fit and that includes setting his prices. I may not be willing to pay that for some of the items, but if they are MY items, I certainly wouldn't accept anyone ELSE trying to tell me what *I* "have to" sell them for so I wouldn't expect him or anyone else to accept that, either. Let the marketplace decide who's right and who's wrong on that matter, IMHO. A willing buyer and a willing seller set the price on an item in a free market.

So while I do agree that Apache could probably do a better job on his description, and doing so might be a wise business decision in the long run because negative publicity like this IS likely to pop up on his business in a search engine, so making an honest effort to try and rectify the issue would appear a sign of good will on his behalf- but it IS his company and his choice to make. So IF he chooses NOT to do so, then he also chooses to accept that there ARE many people in the online firearms community that hold a negative opinion of him and his company for it. And there IS a limited market for these types of items of people who are willing and able to spend this kind of money on these types of firearms at this price range, and word does travel. The ball is in HIS court, so to speak. That's MY opinion on all of this, anyway. To each their own, however.
__________________
Those who accept that the end justifies the means to promote their progress serve to provide the means to justify their end to those who do NOT, should they care to attempt to use force on those who choose otherwise.

Would someone kindly explain to me how the hell I fell asleep and woke up in the middle of an Ayn Rand novel?

Liberalism: Dedicated to promoting the "freedom" to blindly OBEY THEM since Karl Marx!
Pvt.Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #112
Rollthelosingdice
Just Like You
 
Rollthelosingdice's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 158581
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Empty Air
Posts: 5,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtscuba02 View Post
The imported receivers that TGI is/was selling has that on it. Actually, it has; FPK DRAGONUV
MADE IN ROMANIA
IMPORTED BY TGI
and PSL is nowhere to be found on it. I'm not saying AA is right, I think he may be trying to mislead uninformed buyers, but the receivers do indeed have it on them. Who engraved it? Couldn't say.
This is because, like Prvt.Joker said it's the importers being free to write whatever they want on the receivers. I think they write it to increase sales is what I was told. Apache knows they're two completely different guns and chooses to misinform like the importers. PSLs have nothing to do with the invention of the dragunov. It's like mixing up the STG44 and AK47 because they look similar.
__________________
Rollthelosingdice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #113
hazmat97
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 8490
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 2,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.Joker View Post
Well, I'm guessing but it seems logical that the importer TGI engraved that on it, not Cugir. So one could make the argument that the misrepresentation lies in part with them. I almost have a little sympathy for Apache here in ONE sense; the situation with that rifle's marking *could* be suggested to imply that it is something it is not- a Dragunov. It is the Romanian military equivalent version of a rifle that the Dragunov rifle fills in the fire support/designated marksman mission of in the Soviet/Russian armed forces. THAT would be a fair description of it, IMHO. "Sniper" rifle is a misnomer, anyway, for ANY rifle. It is a tool, in the end, and "sniper" is a trained individual fulfilling a specific role/mission. If a sniper uses a suppressed Ruger 10/22 for crowd control, then it is a "sniper rifle" in that usage. So the idea that a Dragunov, OR a PSL, OR a Remington 700, OR anything else CAN be a "sniper rifle" is not dishonest, in and of itself.

But the fact remains that the Dragunov, whether in SVD or TIGR configuration, is a rifle system that was designed by Yevgeny Dragunov. He did not design the PSL; it was a rifle designed by an allied Soviet Bloc country for doing what the Dragunov did for the Russians. So I *do* agree that in my opinion, he should consider changing the description of the PSL to reflect a more accurate explanation of what it is and is not, if the term "Dragunov" is going to be used in the sales pitch. It just makes him appear to be more honest as a seller to do so, if that is his intention. As to his pricing, on THAT part I do support his right to set his prices at whatever he chooses and let the marketplace decide. If he is too high on his property, then they will gather dust until either A) he reduces them/accepts a lower offer, or B) someone comes along who finds them worth the price he is asking, or C) they rust away sitting on his shelves. Either way; they ARE his property to do with as he sees fit and that includes setting his prices. I may not be willing to pay that for some of the items, but if they are MY items, I certainly wouldn't accept anyone ELSE trying to tell me what *I* "have to" sell them for so I wouldn't expect him or anyone else to accept that, either. Let the marketplace decide who's right and who's wrong on that matter, IMHO. A willing buyer and a willing seller set the price on an item in a free market.

So while I do agree that Apache could probably do a better job on his description, and doing so might be a wise business decision in the long run because negative publicity like this IS likely to pop up on his business in a search engine, so making an honest effort to try and rectify the issue would appear a sign of good will on his behalf- but it IS his company and his choice to make. So IF he chooses NOT to do so, then he also chooses to accept that there ARE many people in the online firearms community that hold a negative opinion of him and his company for it. And there IS a limited market for these types of items of people who are willing and able to spend this kind of money on these types of firearms at this price range, and word does travel. The ball is in HIS court, so to speak. That's MY opinion on all of this, anyway. To each their own, however.
You're absolutely right. He's free to price his shit however he wants to. That doesn't mean he's free from ridicule for doing so. If you price your shit like a moron, you can expect to be called a moron.
__________________
Quote:
The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. Iím not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals.
hazmat97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #114
Pvt.Joker
Larger than life and twice as ugly
 
Pvt.Joker's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 8956
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 11,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollthelosingdice View Post
This is because, like Prvt.Joker said it's the importers being free to write whatever they want on the receivers. I think they write it to increase sales is what I was told. Apache knows they're two completely different guns and chooses to misinform like the importers. PSLs have nothing to do with the invention of the dragunov. It's like mixing up the STG44 and AK47 because they look similar.
You're right. It isn't JUST Apache doing this, but as a seller one should try and be honest to the best of one's knowledge about one's product. That doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't try to make it sound as appealing as possible, of course. That's just marketing. But there IS a point where one can "puff" their description WITHOUT being dishonest in the facts of their product. It's up to Apache as a seller as to how he chooses to conduct his own business, though. But in the end, I just don't see how having THIS level of negative PR out there is worth it to him, just to turn the PSL ad into a giant pissing contest that OTHER potential buyers are going to see when searching his company's name online. From a business standpoint, even IF he wins this particular pissing contest, his shoes still wind up warm, wet and stinking at the end of the day too. What's the payoff? All the arguments about the "PSL vs. Dragunov" issue are already out there and MOST people who will spend that kind of money are ALREADY familiar with them. So WHY beat the dead horse, just to prove a point? But it is up to him to decide what he does or doesn't do on the ad. The REAL point seems to be, that as it sits that ad has been running for HOW MANY auction cycles now without a sale? If NOTHING else, a change in the ad might be a worthwhile effort on his part, just to see if it helps the inventory to turn. The MBA in me is thinking that sometimes its better to make 35% margin turning over inventory 2-3 times a month, than to make 150% profit but only when you sell one or two a year at that price point and with that marketing approach.
__________________
Those who accept that the end justifies the means to promote their progress serve to provide the means to justify their end to those who do NOT, should they care to attempt to use force on those who choose otherwise.

Would someone kindly explain to me how the hell I fell asleep and woke up in the middle of an Ayn Rand novel?

Liberalism: Dedicated to promoting the "freedom" to blindly OBEY THEM since Karl Marx!
Pvt.Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #115
Apache
Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 170773
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Simpson, LA
Posts: 66
Default

I assure you, I could remove any mention of the word "Dragunov" from every listing and the website, and the Mouthbreather Militia here would still be carrying on about the same things a decade from now. This all started 8 years ago when I advertised at the end of my listings that a portion of the proceeds from our rifles would be donated to my friend's missionary group for use during their trips to Africa. This created quite a stir among the more "white-hooded" forum members on another gun website. They were NOT ok with higher prices than they liked, they were NOT ok with the Dragunov description, and they were definitely NOT ok with American money going to help darker skinned people in another country. Now I have no great love for the continent of Africa and I don't feel particularly tied to any grand cause over there, but when my friend needed help with his mission, I gave him help and donating a small portion of the money from MY sales to his cause was the least I could do. I'm not sorry in any way for that and I could care less about appeasing the racist rednecks. Many of them are still around, on here and on other forums, and take every opportunity they get to say whatever negative thing they can about my business, whether it's true or not. This is also where the "flip-flop" comments come from. One of the moderators of that other forum went so far as to make remarks about the good ole days of the Holocaust. These are losers with very little going on in their lives, both the true white hood-wearing "Patriots" and the others who simply repeat what they've heard in the past, ad nauseam, whether they know why or not.

That's not to say, of course, that every single person that disagrees with me does so out of prejudice. Pvt. Joker, I appreciate your opinion and the opinion of other adults who post here, as I mentioned before. Unfortunately, the other adults are very few and far between, and are mostly drowned out by the more slack-jawed members of the forum. The problem I have is when people arrive here from a search and think they've arrived at a professional forum. The kind of forum where real-world experts post facts and discuss pertinent topics. The kind of forum with moderators who not only keep discussions on track. This is not that kind of forum. As I have pointed out several times already in this thread, most of the "facts" being posted by the AKFiles "experts" aren't facts at all and in many cases were 180 degrees from the truth. I was going to recap the list of people making complete fools of themselves and being proven completely wrong, but there are too many. My favorites have been:

Apache Arms sells kit built rifles but advertise them as imports - FALSE, I provided facts proving that the rifle I was selling was an import

Apache Arms "intentionally misprepresent PSL's as being "Dragunov" action rifles (when they are in fact Kalasnikov[sic] actions)" - FALSE, I clearly state, in every listing, that the Romanian rifle uses "the same type of action that an AK-47 uses."

Apache Arms description of "used" rifles as coming with the "military version" of scopes instead of the import version is misleading... because that makes the rifles sound more like the Russian rifles... FALSE... although its hard to disprove the logic in these statements because there is no logic here. I described the used rifle I was selling as used because it was used. I describe the military scopes I sell as military scopes to differentiate them from the import version. Pictures were provided to show the difference.

And finally, there is the accusation that I'm a liar, a scam artist, a scammer, a fraud and a master of "decit" [sic] because I describe the Romanian PSL as being the Romanian version of the Dragunov. I've posted here and elsewhere already the list of things that the Romanians copied directly from the Russians. Some of the slower children have tried to point out things, individually, that are different between the two rifles. Nowhere have I ever said there wasn't a long list of things that are different between the two rifles, only that there is enough evidence to show that the Romanians clearly were trying to build their own Dragunov using the Russian rifle as a starting point. Their final product was markedly different, but not so much so that they're unrelated.

Here's a good example. On Berg's new website he discusses the Romanian TIP2 scope (http://www.designatedmarksman.net/romanian_psl.html). He says, "The sniper scope provided with the PSL is the Romanian version of the PSO-1 which has no battery compartment." I say, about the PSL, that it's the "Romanian version of the Dragunov." You can argue all day that the TIP2 is CLEARLY not a PSO-1. The mechanism of operation is completely different. One uses tritium illumination and the other uses a battery. Just because they look similar and carry out the same function doesn't mean they are the same scope. So is Berg a liar for calling the Romanian TIP2, which was clearly based on the Russian Dragunov's PSO-1 scope, the Romanian version of that scope? No? But I'm a liar for calling the Romanian PSL the Romanian version of the Dragunov for the exact same reason? The TIP2 and the PSL were probably both designed in the same room by the same people and they were clearly using the Russian Dragunov and its equipment as their guideline.

So that's what I have a problem with. People confusing this place for a serious repository of knowledge and discussion when it's really just a clubhouse with more incorrect assumptions and "knowledge" than actual facts. Completely unsubstantiated accusations, made by people with no credibility, don't bother me. My business is shady? No one has been able to name one person that I've defrauded. No one has been able to point out a single lie about a concrete fact. Not a single person has come forward saying they bought something from my business that they later felt was misrepresented or that they didn't realize they were buying. Because they don't exist. All of this hypothetical "people are being deceived" nonsense and not one person in all this time. Over 8 years I've managed a 99.2% positive rating in hundreds of transactions. One negative feedback from a buyer in all that time (the other two of the three were from sellers, both of whom are true scammers working out of the same garage in Florida). The one negative feedback received in 8 years from a customer was from a gentleman who didn't like the trigger in his used rifle. We offered to replace it with a brand new one and we never heard from him again. There is nothing more I could have done in that situation. Considering the minute and silly things some customers will sometimes complain about, anything from "slow" shipping, to packaging, to email response times, I'm very proud to have the excellent feedback that we have. It took a lot of hard work and a lot of taking care of people. So when someone like Lenin, who has one negative feedback out of ten on this site alone, calls me a liar and questions my integrity, it amazes me.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...px?User=703575

Last edited by Apache; 04-17-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #116
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor
 
ncreptile's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 165174
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 9,649
Default

Apache while I think your crazy prices are just that. If you removed the "dragunov" part along with talking about dragunov's as if that was what you were selling. I highly doubt anyone would say more. There would be no point.

I know its to good of a sales tactic for you to give up, but you are one of the main reasons the misinformation goes around today.
ncreptile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #117
Rollthelosingdice
Just Like You
 
Rollthelosingdice's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 158581
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Empty Air
Posts: 5,478
Default

#1 stop playing the race card. Spending that kind of cash on a rifle SHOULD have nothing to do with helping your friends in Africa. If we choose to help those we will do so accordingly. Stop the race bullshit. You pull every thread of excuse out of your ass, we are not fooled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache Arms "intentionally misprepresent PSL's as being "Dragunov" action rifles (when they are in fact Kalasnikov[sic] actions)" - FALSE, I clearly state, in every listing, that the Romanian rifle uses "the same type of action that an AK-47 uses."
Dragunov should not even be mentioned in any one of your PSL listings.


One more thing.. Why do you try to fish over 2k for a PSL? Why do you bid on and resell on the same website?
__________________

Last edited by Rollthelosingdice; 04-16-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Rollthelosingdice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #118
arashi
Member
 
AKaholic #: 3242
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nevada
Posts: 54
Default

Wow, Apache is throwing out the race card to cover his lies?

Funny a person who donates to "missionary" activities, has no problem intentionally deceiving people to earn a buck.

Godwin's Law predicts Apache's next lie.
arashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:56 PM   #119
phat69
Curio & Relic
 
phat69's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156026
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat69 View Post
List the improvements the Romanians added to Dragunov's short stroke rifle. Building a Ak in 54r is not improving Dragunov's design, it is enlarging Kalashnikov's.

Yugoslavia had a version of the SKS with a grenade launcher, China's version had a spike bayonet. China also sold versions without a stripper clip guide on the bolt carrier.
So no reply ?
__________________
Come join the Houston Area Builders Group

I have M72 buttstock 40451 (FANTOM carved on one side CW on the other with the milled stub.), I need 40880.
phat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #120
hazmat97
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 8490
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 2,663
Default

I call bullshit on rbeckmansan.

I was in on the thread where your charitable contributions were first brought up and discussed. When asked about donating to a cause near and dear to all of our hearts, you went all soap box about the poor and starving African kids walking in shit and your preacherman friends role in that. YOU were carrying his water, you weren't some disinterested third party like you're trying to make yourself out be here. Oh, and nobody said anything about racism in that thread. Racial yes. Racist? Only in your mind.

You were called out then, as you have been now, on your pricing and item descriptions. This is not a new phenomenon when it comes to you. Double the market price is what you've been asking all these years, and you doubled down on the PSL's supposed superiority to the Snaperskya Vintovka Dragunova. The flip flop thing mutated out of that.

370 positive feedbacks, big whup. Over 8 years. Wow. Color me...Unimpressed. With all the hype you push, I'd expect that number to be higher. You'd have impressed me more if that number was 1370.

Whatever. Playa's gonna play, haters gunna hate, and Apache Arms will still be an overpriced seller pushing his bullshit on the unsuspecting who haven't figured out how to work the magic box in their living room past looking up internet porn and the first dumbass with a 'dragunov'.
__________________
Quote:
The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. Iím not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals.
hazmat97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #121
Apache
Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 170773
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Simpson, LA
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashi View Post
Wow, Apache is throwing out the race card to cover his lies?
No. The race card was pulled years ago on the aforementioned other website by the aforementioned white hood types making the aforementioned references to the Holocaust, among other things? The race card was then pulled again here on March 4th in the second page of this thread when the first aforementioned flip flop comment was made. I said nothing about race until somebody mistakenly suggested that simply changing some words in my listings would end all of the negative comments here, and I explained why that was definitely not true.

There you go with the "lies" again. Do you mean my opinion that the PSL is the Romanian version of the Dragunov? Which is an opinion and not a lie of any kind? Or did you have some other example of an actual lie I have told that you can qualify your comment with? Thanks for your well thought out and enlightening contribution to the discussion. Your input is very valuable.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 AM   #122
Apache
Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 170773
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Simpson, LA
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat69 View Post
So no reply ?
You mean, not repeating myself so that you don't have to read the rest of the thread? From pg 2. http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=52

There are a lot of worthless or repetitive comments that I haven't responded to. Like the one saying they thought it was illegal to sell guns for profit. Some people's padded helmets are on a little too tight and I have better things to do than explain grown up things to people who require an attendant and a bib.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #123
Apache
Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 170773
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Simpson, LA
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat97 View Post

I was in on the thread where your charitable contributions were first brought up and discussed. ... Oh, and nobody said anything about racism in that thread. Racial yes. Racist? Only in your mind.
There can be undertones that go largely unsaid, and then there are blatant comments about the Holocaust being the good ole days. You can try to put whatever spin you like on that, but there is no defense or denial when it comes right out like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat97 View Post
370 positive feedbacks, big whup. Over 8 years. Wow. Color me...Unimpressed. With all the hype you push, I'd expect that number to be higher. You'd have impressed me more if that number was 1370.
Its clear that you don't do a lot of math for a living, but I'll help you out and break it to you that 99% is 99% regardless of the quantity. What does your not being impressed with my number of feedback being in the hundreds and not thousands have to do in any way with anything discussed in this thread? Drivel.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:30 AM   #124
toxicag
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 165725
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Its clear that you don't do a lot of math for a living, but I'll help you out and break it to you that 99% is 99% regardless of the quantity. What does your not being impressed with my number of feedback being in the hundreds and not thousands have to do in any way with anything discussed in this thread? Drivel.

clearly you don't understand math fully either, if you only had 1 review and it was positive, that makes 100% positive rating. but your pool for such a review is so incredibly small that it does not reflect a true sense of the total population.

if you asked say a pool of 370 people what is their favorite movie, and 367 picked Rambo, that does not give you claim to say the national favorite movie in America is Rambo,Or that it is a good movie. There are to many factors, such as; where was this poll taken? who were asked? most likely this poll was taken at a Rambo fan meeting, or something to limit the out come to such a small ratio of variance.

This example can be used with your rating. Your rating is based only on actual customers that are dumb enough to buy from you, so great you have a positive rating from people that don't know any better. that's like being the smartest person with down syndrome, I wouldn't go bragging..

Last edited by toxicag; 04-17-2014 at 03:38 AM.
toxicag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #125
Rollthelosingdice
Just Like You
 
Rollthelosingdice's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 158581
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Empty Air
Posts: 5,478
Default

We don't like you because you help black kids right? Is that what you think it is? We're all racist rednecks here I'm guessing...
__________________
Rollthelosingdice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #126
Apache
Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 170773
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Simpson, LA
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicag View Post

This example can be used with your rating. Your rating is based only on actual customers that are dumb enough to buy from you, so great you have a positive rating from people that don't know any better. that's like being the smartest person with down syndrome, I wouldn't go bragging..
So out of the hundreds of satisfied customers I have had, they have only been satisfied because every one of them was not as smart as you? Really? Its both arrogant and ignorant of you to think that you're the smartest out of 367 other people, especially since there is a correlation between disposable income and intelligence. Based on your previous posts, I have a hard time believing you're even the smartest one in your double-wide.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #127
Apache
Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 170773
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Simpson, LA
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollthelosingdice View Post
We don't like you because you help black kids right? Is that what you think it is? We're all racist rednecks here I'm guessing...
I didn't say that. In fact, I said the exact opposite:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache
That's not to say, of course, that every single person that disagrees with me does so out of prejudice.
As always, you are as astute as you are relevant.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #128
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor
 
ncreptile's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 165174
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 9,649
Default

now hes talking and complimenting to himself..
ncreptile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #129
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee
Contributor
 
islandfocus2's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 159575
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States, Bellingham, WA
Posts: 8,126
Default

"Like sands through the hour glass, and so are the days of our lives."
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #130
phat69
Curio & Relic
 
phat69's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 156026
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
You mean, not repeating myself so that you don't have to read the rest of the thread? From pg 2. http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=52

There are a lot of worthless or repetitive comments that I haven't responded to. Like the one saying they thought it was illegal to sell guns for profit. Some people's padded helmets are on a little too tight and I have better things to do than explain grown up things to people who require an attendant and a bib.
Still waiting for you to list the improvements Romania added to the SVD.
__________________
Come join the Houston Area Builders Group

I have M72 buttstock 40451 (FANTOM carved on one side CW on the other with the milled stub.), I need 40880.
phat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #131
hazmat97
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 8490
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 2,663
Default

You'll be waiting for a while...
__________________
Quote:
The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. Iím not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals.
hazmat97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #132
ka64
Curio & Relic
 
ka64's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 164679
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Richmond & Sterling Michigan
Posts: 3,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
There can be undertones that go largely unsaid, and then there are blatant comments about the Holocaust being the good ole days. You can try to put whatever spin you like on that, but there is no defense or denial when it comes right out like that.
Hmmmmmmm, so let me get this straight.

The Holocaust was about starving Black Children in Africa?

Man did my teacher Fuck that one up.........
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Trollo Mejor View Post
I'd bet dollars to donuts that these insignificant motherfuckers would never have the stones to say any of this shit to my face. If they ever wanna back up the checks that their mouths can't cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashash View Post
Nothing wrong with a little buttfucking every now and then. I have my Lover check for Polyps while He's in there, so it's actually for my well-being.


Last edited by ka64; 04-17-2014 at 04:48 PM.
ka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #133
chawkpilot
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 3793
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,794
Default

Sooooo....How's that Chinese Knockoff TAD jacket working out for you Reptile...
chawkpilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #134
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor
 
ncreptile's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 165174
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 9,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawkpilot View Post
Sooooo....How's that Chinese Knockoff TAD jacket working out for you Reptile...
Not to bad, it has not broken on me yet and its received moderate use. Kept me dry in a couple downpours of both snow and rain. A bit to warm to use it now, I had it out yesterday when it was 32f at night but its getting warmer again and I doubt we will see sub 65f temp's during the day again until late fall.

Impressed, I would not say it or a TAD jacket is worth $500, but certainly $100.

If they could just get the sizing right.
ncreptile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #135
chawkpilot
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 3793
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
Not to bad, it has not broken on me yet and its received moderate use. Kept me dry in a couple downpours of both snow and rain. A bit to warm to use it now, I had it out yesterday when it was 32f at night but its getting warmer again and I doubt we will see sub 65f temp's during the day again until late fall.

Impressed, I would not say it or a TAD jacket is worth $500, but certainly $100.

If they could just get the sizing right.
I wouldn't say that the TAD jackets are worth that much either though I do own two of them. I however bought them roughly 8 and 6 years ago and they weren't as expensive as they are now, in fact they have about doubled in price. They are however US made and amazingly have a great resale value. They used to cater back then to the Coronado guys and got their start like London Bridge did. I will say they are the best jackets I have ever owned and the only ones I deployed with over the last 8 years. Anyways, I didn't mean to stomp your Apache bash thread...just a change of pace...take care and bash on...
chawkpilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #136
Flashy
Banned
 
AKaholic #: 168764
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pennsyltucky PA somewhere between communist CA and NY
Posts: 4,537
Default

Can I donate a lil to get some apache race card flip flops to sent over, I think the cheap ones are Washington redskins flip flops but I drop a few more bucks on certified apaches.
Flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #137
toxicag
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 165725
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
So out of the hundreds of satisfied customers I have had, they have only been satisfied because every one of them was not as smart as you? Really? Its both arrogant and ignorant of you to think that you're the smartest out of 367 other people, especially since there is a correlation between disposable income and intelligence. Based on your previous posts, I have a hard time believing you're even the smartest one in your double-wide.


300 out of the entire gun community? Yep your doing GREAT!

Last edited by toxicag; 04-17-2014 at 10:05 PM.
toxicag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #138
arashi
Member
 
AKaholic #: 3242
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nevada
Posts: 54
Default

I let the words of the Federal Judge in the ATF v Sig suppressor proceedings speak for me on the fallacy of trying to call a Romanian PSL a Russian Dragonov:

“A mouse is not an “elephant” solely because it has three characteristics that are common to known elephants: a tail, gray skin, and four legs.

A child’s bike is not a “motorcycle” solely because it has three characteristics common to known motorcycles: two rubber tires, handlebars, and a leather seat.

And a Bud Light is not “Single-Malt Scotch,” just because it is frequently served in a glass container, contains alcohol, and is available for purchase at a tavern.

To close with a firearm-related example: a hockey puck is not a “rubber bullet,” just because it has rounded sides, is made of vulcanized rubber, and is capable of causing injury when launched at high speeds. Learning that one object has three characteristics in common with some category may not be very helpful in determining whether the object in question belongs in that category.”

I also take offense at patently racist name he used for his business. It disparages the whole firearms community.

ETA: His lack of returns might have something to do with the name of his business. I mean, after realizing they've been swindling, the last thing they want, is to try and rectify the situation only to be labeled an "indian giver"...

Last edited by arashi; 04-17-2014 at 11:05 PM.
arashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #139
downsouthak
Modern Crusader
 
AKaholic #: 22651
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: south louisiana
Posts: 1,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat97 View Post
I'd like to know what economics he's using down there in LA, I mean I know them Coon Asses have a system, but bending over a prospective buyer and having them squeal like a pig is not part of any economic system I've ever seen.
.Coon asses dont exist in that part of louisiana.thats a whole different breed of people where he is from.
downsouthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #140
hazmat97
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 8490
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 2,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouthak View Post
.Coon asses dont exist in that part of louisiana.thats a whole different breed of people where he is from.
That's what I was getting at. He may live in LA, but he ain't LA. I've never been there, but I know enough to know them folks down on the bayou don't much cotton to the likes of Asshat Arms.
__________________
Quote:
The Constitution is a restraining order against the federal government. Iím not going to say a word about the effectiveness of restraining orders against criminals.
hazmat97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles