Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > SVDs and RomAK IIIs

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 PM   #71
jeb88
((10)) troll brigade

AKaholic #: 168112

At this point, why even attempt to defend yourself? Just admit that your ad can very easily be construed as misleading, and make the necessary adjustments. It doesn't seem as though that you're going to win any arguments here. Good luck moving forward.
jeb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #72
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 165174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Can i get a set of those sweet ass flip flops you sent to kids in africa?

Serious question, as i broke my gym shower shoes this morning...
Seems they were described to the Africans as Nike Flip Flops but it turned out to be Sink Sponges with dental floss instead.. He told em "It was an improvement on the original flip flop design"
ncreptile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #73
Apache
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 170773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igneous View Post
Post deleted by moderator.
This is a great example of libel. While many of the statements others, like TheGreek, made were false they were in all likelihood not made intentionally, but instead out of ignorance. When libel comes into play is when statements are made intentionally or negligently that can be proven to have harmed someone's reputation or business. Such as you posting a, "Ha, this will show you!" message followed by key words that are clearly intended to lead people to believe that malicious activity has been or is taking place.

Last edited by Apache; 07-03-2018 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Post deleted by moderator.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:31 AM   #74
Apache
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billytehbob View Post
If I wanted to go and list any old AK-47 on Gunbroker, then put a nice and neat description about the STG-44 in there, would that be okay? I mean, they're both pretty similar in appearance, so it's cool, right? The STG is so awesome, though; first used/made/issued assault rifle, it's German, so it's pretty awesome from that merit, and this, and that, etc.. But this AK was manufactured in the 70s. In Russia. And it has a completely different action. But gee wow, that STG, so awesome!
While this analogy is slightly better than the Lamborghini vs. Honda Civic nonsense, it still doesn't compare. The Romanian PSL and the Russian SVD are extremely comparable rifles. Their capabilities are almost identical and they have a great deal in common. Overwhelmingly, people report comparable accuracy with only a slight edge going to the original SVD. Both are used in the same role militarily and the PSL was developed as an alternative to the SVD (take Berg's word for it if you won't take mine http://www.designatedmarksman.net/romanian_psl.html). It was not built as a completely different weapon system to be used in a completely different manner by people who had never set eyes on an SVD. There are pictures out there of active duty soldiers shooting the two systems side by side (one in particular shows what appears to be a sniper class outfitted mainly with SVD's but with one or two PSL's thrown into the mix). In use, and in S2 threat briefs, there is no distinguishing between the two rifles. Its a purely academic question, not a black and white difference.

Quote:
Or maybe if I was trying to convince a friend to enlist in the Air Force, but I go off about how awesome the Army is, and that they have tanks and helicopters, and so many combat and support jobs. Hey, the Air Force really only uses fixed wing aircraft. But there were a ton of awesome Soldiers, like Audie Murphy, blah blah blah. Then I hand him enlistment papers for the Air Force after telling him all this cool shit about the Army. Maybe it's just a bit misleading? Just a tad?
A much better analogy would be trying to convince your friend to join the local Sheriff's Department and telling him stories from your time in the local Police Department. Both positions are very comparable, both do pretty much the same thing, but they are not the same. Pay and funding may be different, hierarchy may be different, chain of command will be different, but in the end they both do the same thing and both can be called cops or even, *gasp*, police.

Quote:
You'll probably pass this off like every other rational counter that's been presented in this thread, but that's alright. Your beliefs are your beliefs; that's cool and totally understandable, and if somebody honestly wants to drop 2k on an inferior rifle without doing their research on them is probably better off without it, but we won't let you off easy
There have not been rational counters in this thread. Yours is by far the best put together, and it would be tough to scrape together two other coherent ideas presented from the entire lot of 70+ posts. They all fall into some variation of complaining about price or complaining about the blasphemy of calling a PSL the Romanian version of the Dragunov.

The majority of the adults who are members of this forum are like Chawkpilot and smart enough to not want to be associated with the phlegm that gets published in threads like these. My goal is not to convince the children, it's to set the facts straight. Had I not posted at all in this thread, its "experts" and contributors would still be carrying on about how I was lying about my rifle, calling it a factory built import when clearly it was a kit build. People are entitled to whatever beliefs they want, as long as they don't start presenting those beliefs falsely as facts.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:45 AM   #75
Dan FS71
ΑΩIs

AKaholic #: 54259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
This is a great example of libel. .

Truth is an absolute defense to any libel or slander case

Your 13ing the shit out of this thread btw - Hooooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

================================================== =========================
The same administration who put "Assault Rifles" into the hands of Murderous Drug Cartels now seek to take them from you.
How is that for common-sense Change?

Old Testament Retribution. --- Gunplumber Style --- Served Here
Dan FS71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #76
CYRUS
Banned

AKaholic #: 174410

Quote:
The Romanian PSL and the Russian SVD are extremely comparable rifles.
Bullshit, asspache. An SVT or SKS, for that matter, has more in common with an SVD that a Kalashnikov variant. Try again to bolster your "APACHE ARMS REVIEWS", asspache.
CYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #77
TheGreek!
ALPHA MALE

AKaholic #: 157160

Quote:
This is a great example of libel. While many of the statements others, like TheGreek, made were false they were in all likelihood not made intentionally, but instead out of ignorance. When libel comes into play is when statements are made intentionally or negligently that can be proven to have harmed someone's reputation or business. Such as you posting a, "Ha, this will show you!" message followed by key words that are clearly intended to lead people to believe that illegal activity has been or is taking place.
The ignorant one in here is you pal. Now go the hell away and keep my name out your lying, deceiving, trolling, class of 2013 mouth.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #78
Apache
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek! View Post
The ignorant one in here is you pal. Now go the hell away and keep my name out your lying, deceiving, trolling, class of 2013 mouth.
No, no. You spelled it wrong. It should be spelled, "I'm sorry, Apache. When I posted that the imported rifle that you were selling was 'a TGI kit build', I was mistaken. I did not know the difference between kit built and imported PSL's, but I do now. Please forgive me."

Corrected; and yes, I forgive you.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #79
RG Coburn
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 7184

"The Romanian PSL and the Russian SVD are extremely comparable rifles. Their capabilities are almost identical and they have a great deal in common."

Please....keep digging...your own grave...
RG Coburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #80
toxicag
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 165725

found another awesome deal on GB
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=406761296

shit, apache might need to raise his price!
1 mag and doesn't even come with a scope.......

Last edited by toxicag; 04-05-2014 at 03:49 PM.
toxicag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #81
Fate

AKaholic #: 15846

Quote:
This is a great example of libel. While many of the statements others, like TheGreek, made were false they were in all likelihood not made intentionally, but instead out of ignorance. When libel comes into play is when statements are made intentionally or negligently that can be proven to have harmed someone's reputation or business. Such as you posting a, "Ha, this will show you!" message followed by key words that are clearly intended to lead people to believe that illegal activity has been or is taking place.
You sure like throwing the libel threat around. Have you ever actually sued anybody for it or do you just like to talk?
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #82
branstone
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 171613

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek! View Post
I am not going to get into this conversation, because frankly I don't care and I got a great deal on my PSL. However, the class of 2013 thing is getting old. The year someone signed up for an online gun forum does not automatically show their intelligence or knowledge one way or the other, but believing someone is ignorant because of this said date of forum registration shows indeed how ignorant you are. You guys should stop with the class of 2013 shit. Call someone out because of their words and actions and not the date they registered, because it makes you look stupid.
branstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #83
CYRUS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branstone View Post
I am not going to get into this conversation, because frankly I don't care and I got a great deal on my PSL. However, the class of 2013 thing is getting old. The year someone signed up for an online gun forum does not automatically show their intelligence or knowledge one way or the other, but believing someone is ignorant because of this said date of forum registration shows indeed how ignorant you are. You guys should stop with the class of 2013 shit. Call someone out because of their words and actions and not the date they registered, because it makes you look stupid.
Enough out of you, noob.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #84
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Old 04-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #85
Flashy
(Y) u bitchin (386)Chinese mafia

AKaholic #: 168764
Location: Pennsyltucky PA somewhere between communist CA and NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
Love that logo worth a few grand alone, does it come engraved on receiver or on a signed authenticity slip w gb item number
Flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:44 AM   #86
Alderleet
Memetic Warfare Group

AKaholic #: 162042

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
Not every Muslim is a Terrorist, but almost every Terrorist, is a Muslim.
Alderleet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #87
DavidP
Bitches be Trippin'
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 168566

Quote:
+1
DavidP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #88
Dan FS71
ΑΩIs

AKaholic #: 54259

Quote:
Most often ^^^ they are strangly related.

adapt overcome conquer

The same administration who put "Assault Rifles" into the hands of Murderous Drug Cartels now seek to take them from you.
How is that for common-sense Change?

Old Testament Retribution. --- Gunplumber Style --- Served Here
Dan FS71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #89
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Asspache Arms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvEbxPb-kFk
Old 04-09-2014, 01:32 AM   #90
marinoloc

AKaholic #: 169160

the tags are great , lol!!!
marinoloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #91
Alderleet
Memetic Warfare Group

AKaholic #: 162042

This thread in a nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
Not every Muslim is a Terrorist, but almost every Terrorist, is a Muslim.
Alderleet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:24 AM   #92
phat69
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 156026

Quote:
Originally Posted by A shifty asshole
This is the Romanian version, which improved on the Russian design as far as reliability goes.
List the improvements the Romanians added to Dragunov's short stroke rifle. Building a Ak in 54r is not improving Dragunov's design, it is enlarging Kalashnikov's.

Yugoslavia had a version of the SKS with a grenade launcher, China's version had a spike bayonet. China also sold versions without a stripper clip guide on the bolt carrier.

I have M72 buttstock 40451 (FANTOM carved on one side CW on the other with the milled stub.), I need 40880.
phat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #93
Rollthelosingdice
Just Like You

AKaholic #: 158581

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat69 View Post
List the improvements the Romanians added to Dragunov's short stroke rifle. Building a Ak in 54r is not improving Dragunov's design, it is enlarging Kalashnikov's.

Yugoslavia had a version of the SKS with a grenade launcher, China's version had a spike bayonet. China also sold versions without a stripper clip guide on the bolt carrier.
It was inspired by the dragunov but it is in no way shape or form a dragunov. That word should not even appear on the description regardless of what the importers name it.

Last edited by Rollthelosingdice; 04-11-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Rollthelosingdice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #94
phat69
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 156026

BTW would it have been $3000 if it wasn't scratched?

I have M72 buttstock 40451 (FANTOM carved on one side CW on the other with the milled stub.), I need 40880.
phat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #95
CYRUS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat69 View Post
BTW would it have been $3000 if it wasn't scratched?
I'll say something libelous and say YES, because asspache is a gouging shithead.

Never mind, that's the truth so it's not libelous.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:06 AM   #96
hazmat97
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 8490

Give him a week or two. When they don't sell, the price will go up accordingly.

I bet the next panic that comes around, we'll see them around 4 large (or more) from him.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #97
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

I miss him already.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:31 AM   #98
silvermane_1
((the wagons))anti-troll brigade CO

AKaholic #: 170966

Apache Arms, "where the poor man's SVD is a rich man's PSL".
...times are gone for honest men and sometimes far to long for snakes... -RIP Chris Cornell
Happiness is a road, lined with the bones of those whom sold out America, for personal gain/profit. -Me
"Sic semper nova orbis terrae ordinatio collectarius"-Me
silvermane_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #99
hadrianviceroy

AKaholic #: 171178

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermane_1 View Post
Apache Arms, "where the poor man's SVD is a rich man's PSL".
lol
hadrianviceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #100
newtothegame
CPL/1st CivDiv

AKaholic #: 159222

Damn so much flame lol.

You're Twittering the shit outta the AK Files.
newtothegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #101
SAVAGE11
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 158321

Does the PSL come with a gallon bucket of lube for the screwing your giving?

((DB)) #69 BaconBalls
SAVAGE11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #102
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

If I were to design some flip flops that said "Asspache Arms" on them. Would y'all be interested in a pair? I figured I'd do them a "BullShit Brown".
Old 04-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #103
hazmat97
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 8490

Think you could come up with a good logo to go along with it?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #104
CYRUS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
If I were to design some flip flops that said "Asspache Arms" on them. Would y'all be interested in a pair? I figured I'd do them a "BullShit Brown".
I'm in as long as some of the proceeds get sent to Africa to shoe the starvin' Marvins.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #105
ncreptile
Has a six demon bag.
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat97 View Post
Think you could come up with a good logo to go along with it?
"The updated and improved version of the flipflop".