Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
RobertFootball
Member
 
AKaholic #: 193636
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 206
Default Las Vegas shooter had 1,000 rounds of ammo

Guess that makes all of us terrorists now. I have 1,000 rounds just for one rifle.lol

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_fb_ma
RobertFootball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
pre1989
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor
 
pre1989's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 175922
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 3,595
Default

pretty sure half the people on here prob have close to that rattling around in the car from past trips to the range...
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
wormraper
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 192990
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 667
Default

lol, 1000 rounds in the car and a 1000 rounds in the house... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, who has that much??? !!! won't you think of the children!!!! /sarcasm
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #4
RobertFootball
Member
 
AKaholic #: 193636
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre1989 View Post
pretty sure half the people on here prob have close to that rattling around in the car from past trips to the range...
I honestly don't know how much ammo I have in total. I just know I bought 1,000 rounds when I bought my AR15 awhile back. That's just for that rifle. I think I have two cases of shotgun shells, one for 20 ga and one for 12. Probably have around 1500 in 9mm.
RobertFootball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
RobertFootball
Member
 
AKaholic #: 193636
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
lol, 1000 rounds in the car and a 1000 rounds in the house... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, who has that much??? !!! won't you think of the children!!!! /sarcasm
He's a lightweight, newbie gun owner.
RobertFootball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #6
corruptgarage
Member
 
AKaholic #: 183907
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 423
Default

So a dozen rifles laying around and 1k rounds? Who here DOESN'T believe this was another false flag?
__________________
SAR-1//Intrac Maadi//SGL-21//SGL-31//SLR-106FR (x2)//MAK-90
corruptgarage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
bzub12
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 4864
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Desert southwest
Posts: 5,092
Default

20+ guns and only 1000 rds?

i don't believe anything nbc "news" says without more corroboration.
bzub12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
wormraper
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 192990
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 667
Default

I have 5x that amount just in 9mm
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
RobertFootball
Member
 
AKaholic #: 193636
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 206
Default

I'm curious what caliber the supposed 1,000 rounds was. I bet it wasn't 5.56 or 2.23. An M240 is 7.62x51 and the cell phone footage sure sounded like an M240 to me.
RobertFootball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #10
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
AKBLUE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5035
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Posts: 26,890
Default

It states more than 1,000 rounds in the vehicle.
The amount of ammunition in the hotel room or his residences are not listed as far as I read/saw.

His vehicle at the hotel>>

Quote:
A document released Friday said more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition and 100 pounds (45.4 kilograms) of explosive material was found in the vehicle.
Other information on weapons or ammunition>>

Quote:
The records provided don't provide inventories of what was obtained from searches. Attorney Maggie McLetchie, representing AP and the Las Vegas Review-Journal, said she is still seeking those documents.
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #11
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang
 
Fire4Effect's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181925
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,139
Default

The only thing interesting in that entire article is how people were able to break into the home because inept law enforcement didn't secure it. Everything else mentioned is pretty much normal minus him sending himself emails, which sounds suspicious.
__________________
USMC 0311 2001 - 2005
Fire4Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #12
David Teague
Droll Moderator
 
David Teague's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 162037
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: You can see climate change from here.
Posts: 12,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptgarage View Post
So a dozen rifles laying around and 1k rounds? Who here DOESN'T believe this was another false flag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzub12 View Post
20+ guns and only 1000 rds?

i don't believe anything nbc "news" says without more corroboration.
Before Sandy Hook and the ammo panic, I never had more than a couple of pounds of powder, few hundred primers and maybe a few hundred rounds of ammo at home.

I just picked up what I planned on shooting that day or loaded up the ammo a few days before.

I had more than 20 guns at the time.

Even when I was a hardcore 3 gun competitor in the 1980’s that was my MO.

Stacking deep outside of the Prepper world wasn’t the norm for most gun owners until the ammo panic of 2012.
__________________
Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

http://www.novarata.net/images/n/teague-sigpic-357.jpg
David Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #13
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
AKBLUE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5035
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Posts: 26,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
The only thing interesting in that entire article is how people were able to break into the home because inept law enforcement didn't secure it. Everything else mentioned is pretty much normal minus him sending himself emails, which sounds suspicious.
That phrasing in the article is not very well written. It could mean he used similar email accounts to order the bump stocks or searched about buying, installing and using the stocks via www/Google etc. . vs emailing himself or something.

Quote:
Another document said Paddock apparently sent messages between separate email accounts with similar names referring to buying and selling assault-style rifles and so-called "bump stock" devices to make the guns more rapid-fire
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:08 PM   #14
Commiblockakspecialist
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 168068
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 2,609
Default

I really hope the ammo case/box didn't have an SGammo sticker on it
__________________
Orbán Viktor 2016
Commiblockakspecialist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #15
jtscuba02
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor
 
jtscuba02's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 166235
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Raeford, NC
Posts: 1,877
Default

Isn't it peculiar how it always comes out that the FBI interrogated, interviewed, was tracking or supposedly knew something about almost all of the people who have committed a terrorist attack in the last 10 years.
jtscuba02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #16
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
AKBLUE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5035
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Posts: 26,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtscuba02 View Post
Isn't it peculiar how it always comes out that the FBI interrogated, interviewed, was tracking or supposedly knew something about almost all of the people who have committed a terrorist attack in the last 10 years.
AFAIK., there was no evidence this perp was being tracked or anything of that sort.
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #17
barnbred
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 164399
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MO
Posts: 2,829
Default

So basically we dont know anything new. Ok maybe 1% more information than before they wrote that article, if that.
barnbred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #18
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
AKBLUE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5035
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Posts: 26,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbred View Post
So basically we dont know anything new. Ok maybe 1% more information than before they wrote that article, if that.
Yep., nothing to see.
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #19
Lane_H
Master of Nein!
 
Lane_H's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182543
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ala-F'n-bama
Posts: 4,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
That phrasing in the article is not very well written. It could mean he used similar email accounts to order the bump stocks or searched about buying, installing and using the stocks via www/Google etc. . vs emailing himself or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbred View Post
So basically we dont know anything new. Ok maybe 1% more information than before they wrote that article, if that.
isn't that the norm for just about any report/article from main stream media nowadays?
like its written by a barely literate person or one that just wants to spice it up for shock value without really having any real evidence or facts to back it up.

more fake news.
__________________
-

Arguing with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20
AL Kalash Group Thread^
Lane_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #20
Galily
Auntie Social
 
Galily's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 183711
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: On a grassy knoll, overlooking the lunatic fringe.
Posts: 1,300
Default

Thousand rounds of ammo and 45 lbs of tannerite..?

Wow, that's a game changer


in other news, water is still wet
__________________
Self-loathing is the fate of all great iconoclasts
Galily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #21
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
AKBLUE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5035
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Posts: 26,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane_H View Post
isn't that the norm for just about any report/article from main stream media nowadays?
like its written by a barely literate person or one that just wants to spice it up for shock value without really having any real evidence or facts to back it up.

more fake news.
Or there is nothing new to report. But getting eyeballs and hits are part of news and advertising and revenue.
Not really any need to be new information or any reason the be fake either
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:04 PM   #22
bzub12
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 4864
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Desert southwest
Posts: 5,092
Default

Living a large lifestyle with income derived from playing "video poker"..All those FBI agents crawling all over this and all the information we are given is he had 1000 rounds....thats only 10 surefire or beta Cmags for the 20 + guns he supposedly had in the hotel room....this narrative sounds like it was written by a democunt pajama boy affirmative action Obama fbi hire.

It doesnt take a lot of cognitive reasoning to understand that the details of this incident have to be bloody murder for these criminal Government alphabet agencies and the Democunt mafia party.

I live 5 minuets from a casino and i can tell you from personal experience that the only way you are going to beat the casino is to hit the buffet hard and fast and grab as much prime rib as you can fit into your stomach.
bzub12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #23
drjarhead
MODERATOR and Mad Doctor
 
drjarhead's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5952
Join Date: May 2006
Location: north
Posts: 43,841
Default

1000 rounds seems like next to nothing for an op of this sort.

Doesn't add up with all those guns and the plan.

Sure doesn't add up if more than one shooter is planned.
That may not be the case of course, but the number of guns is somewhat suggestive of an expectation of other shooters.
__________________
“Hit hard, hit fast, hit often.”
--Lt. Gen. Chesty Puller

drjarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #24
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
AKBLUE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5035
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Posts: 26,890
Default

Large rant^.

Read the posts above regarding the article etc.
The perp had a number of valuable realestate holdings in several states. College educated an
Held several government and aerospace jobs.
Pretty fair amount of info on the www if you Google etc.
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #25
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor
 
AKBLUE's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5035
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Posts: 26,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
It states more than 1,000 rounds in the vehicle.
The amount of ammunition in the hotel room or his residences are not listed as far as I read/saw.

His vehicle at the hotel>>



Other information on weapons or ammunition>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjarhead View Post
1000 rounds seems like next to nothing for an op of this sort.

Doesn't add up with all those guns and the plan.

Sure doesn't add up if more than one shooter is planned.
That may not be the case of course, but the number of guns is somewhat suggestive of an expectation of other shooters.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
See rest of post on page 1
AKBLUE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:57 PM   #26
bigg777
Member
 
AKaholic #: 194274
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 72
Default

Even idiot, mass murderers (or patsies) enjoy case price discounting.
bigg777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #27
Deplorable
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 189212
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Comancheria
Posts: 4,180
Default

Girlfriends finger prints were on some of the loaded ammo and she admitted to helping him load some of the mags.
Deplorable is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:05 PM   #28
ColonelKorn
Certified Certifier
 
ColonelKorn's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 6198
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BBQ Messiah &Professional Beer Drinker
Posts: 12,169
Default

I have that in one vehicle.
__________________
Mindcrime.
ColonelKorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #29
Hounds 51
Veteran Member
 
Hounds 51's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 166447
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bethel PA
Posts: 1,300
Default

Got rid of all my ammo. California says that it's not good to have ammo.
__________________
WHAT WE NEED ARE LEADERS, NOT POLITICIANS!!!!!!

(The times, they are a changing)

Its not just the 2nd, It's our way of life!
Hounds 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #30
gun papa
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 8912
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hi-desert, nevada
Posts: 2,336
Default

I was unaware that ammo was sold in amounts under 1000?
__________________
"Owning a gun makes you a suspected terrorist, just like having a penis makes a man a suspected rapist, and a vagina makes a woman a suspected whore." Dude Petri 2016


Too late of a reminder, on the belt off to the Grinder. papa
gun papa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #31
Killface45
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 181879
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Iowa
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun papa View Post
I was unaware that ammo was sold in amounts under 1000?
Yeah its true they sell them in 500 round packs but it defaults to order number of 2 when you buy them lol
__________________
My job is to complete the Annihilatrix and destroy mankind by driving this vile planet straight into the Sun.
- Killface
Killface45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #32
Dezfan
Kalashnikov Fan
 
Dezfan's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 170325
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Remember the Tomahawk 5!
Posts: 3,815
Default

Hell, I just took my truck in for service and pulled over 300 rounds of 7.62x39 from under the back seat at the dealership. Not to mention the ammo can I keep in the truck with 250 rounds of 9mm, and a bulk box of 525 22LR.

That’s was after son “cleaned” out the truck for me.

I guess I’m a terrorist now in Snowflakia. 🖕🏼
__________________
"MYSTICAL CENTURY HATING AK PURIST / ELITIST WASR OWNER
Dezfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #33
hoovdizzle
Member
 
hoovdizzle's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 181475
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Iowa City, IA
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Teague View Post
Before Sandy Hook and the ammo panic, I never had more than a couple of pounds of powder, few hundred primers and maybe a few hundred rounds of ammo at home.

I just picked up what I planned on shooting that day or loaded up the ammo a few days before.

I had more than 20 guns at the time.

Even when I was a hardcore 3 gun competitor in the 1980’s that was my MO.

Stacking deep outside of the Prepper world wasn’t the norm for most gun owners until the ammo panic of 2012.
sandy hook completely changed my mindset as well.

of course, there was that tragic boating accident and i lost all of it
__________________
Looking for 7n6.
hoovdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #34
0DARK30
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor
 
0DARK30's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 169651
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Uptown
Posts: 1,332
Default

Things changed, idiots didn't.
0DARK30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:18 AM   #35
tnxdshooter
Veteran Member
 
AKaholic #: 170817
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Crossville, TN
Posts: 1,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertFootball View Post
Guess that makes all of us terrorists now. I have 1,000 rounds just for one rifle.lol

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_fb_ma
1,000 rounds? What an amateur!
__________________
Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.
tnxdshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2017 The AK FIles