Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Gear & Accessories

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 05:54 AM   #36
tnxdshooter
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 170817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys1 View Post
So I've been looking for a new pocket knife to edc. I had some off the rack Kershaw from Wal-mart I've been carrying for like 5 years. It's been a fantastic little knife but it's time is past. I went out and bought this Ruger hollow point +p knife made by crkt. What a piece of shit! It broke literally the 5th time I opened/closed it. Cost me $30. I'm taking it back today and getting a refund. Doing a youtube search I came across like 5 million different recommendations. So, all I need is a nice little edc knife. A blade about 3-3.5" that is very sharp. Don't really like serrations much but not a deal killer. Use is general, cutting boxes possible last resort defense etc...
I carry an Ontario utillitac 2. It's a damned fine knife at around 32.00 new.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #37
Lane_H
Master of Nein!

AKaholic #: 182543

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman View Post
I have been using the shit out of this little guy lately. I even left my Buck 110 in the drawer for a change!
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kersha...Knife-3--14794
those look like a decent knife & at $14 its a bargain price on that site.

I do like the bead blasted finish on the blade.
the "g10" scale grip look a little on the cheapy side to me..

My main thing with an edc carry knife is once you go auto, spring assist or at least pocket flipper opening its hard to go back to a thumb operated opening blade..

Arguing with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20
AL Kalash Group Thread^
Lane_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #38
rudyod
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 156764

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman View Post
I have been using the shit out of this little guy lately. I even left my Buck 110 in the drawer for a change!
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kersha...Knife-3--14794
This is my EDC as well. I buy most of my knives from knifecenter and got this one for about the same price. I find Kershaw's Chinese made knives to be of good quality for the price.

Bigfootscousin
rudyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #39

AKaholic #: 169733

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcoder View Post
I like the Ka-Bar Dozier. It is a nice little knife that is light weight, has no liners, but has a reversible clip and thumb stud that only requires a #5 torx bit to change. It is not made in the US, but Taiwan. So I guess that is a better place than China. The thing I like is that they are inexpensive. $20-some dollars all over. I have really enjoyed mine. If it breaks, I bought a backup as well since they are inexpensive. Plus a limited lifetime warranty, but I don't think you will need it. Hope you find something you like!
+1 got mine for $15, great quality for the price. I see no need at all for more a expensive EDC knife.
Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #40
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188774

Damnit, I'm afraid I may have caught the knife bug. I'm already thinking about ordered the Rat 2 for a little bit smaller of a edc knife so I can choose based off what I'm wearing and the general feel of the day. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Cowboys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:39 PM   #41
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170546

Post pics OP.

Just found me a new EDC, a custom Buck Spitfire in S35VN, black aluminum scales and stonewashed blade finish, with shipping came to $65.00 to my door. Got it from SKblades, they order up custom runs directly from Buck, so everything factory made and warranteed by Buck but using steels not normally offered.

They have a S90V Spitfire too with a cerakoted blade and yellow scales, cool stuff and cheaper than you usually find that steel at 100 bucks.

Here's a pic off their ad, just ordered mine yesterday so haven't got it yet:

((DB)) Deplorable Basterd brigade #47
Dragynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:51 PM   #42
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragynn View Post
Post pics OP.

Just found me a new EDC, a custom Buck Spitfire in S35VN, black aluminum scales and stonewashed blade finish, with shipping came to $65.00 to my door. Got it from SKblades, they order up custom runs directly from Buck, so everything factory made and warranteed by Buck but using steels not normally offered.

They have a S90V Spitfire too with a cerakoted blade and yellow scales, cool stuff and cheaper than you usually find that steel at 100 bucks.

Soon as someone tells me ow too post pics on here! lol, seriously. I've tried to see how but can't find it.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:37 PM   #43
Lane_H
Master of Nein!

AKaholic #: 182543

Quote:
Soon as someone tells me ow too post pics on here! lol, seriously. I've tried to see how but can't find it.
you have to post the pics from your phone, ipad or pc to a webhosting site imigur or others

- then use the https address on your post using the little *yellow mountain/sun* icon above the insert text window^^

or type in the macros [img]___[/img] on either end of the https address of the image(s)
^
"quote" somebodys post with an image in it an look at the text in the window (look for the image address and you'll see an example)

^ example- & fitting for the thread-
Quote:
Ganzo, G726M folding knife. Cheap edc, found this one at "Bargain Hunt" store for $15.00 http://ganzoknife.com/knife-ganzo-g72

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/3a/57/06/3...df360bea3c.jpg

^^
i use pintrest for hosting my pics- I place the pics into a category file (Board) layout lets me organize pics based on how i arrange them.
sometimes the linked image is to large & a PITA to resize to fit the page here.

also more than a few threads about image posting
http://akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133563

Arguing with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20
AL Kalash Group Thread^
Lane_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #44
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Tinypic.com works great for quickie image hosting, all free no-signup necessary.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #45
FOW1

AKaholic #: 180149

Spyderco Tenacious. Good knife for around $50.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." - Patrick Henry
FOW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:07 PM   #46
Cowboys1
Veteran Member

and the new edc combo!

Last edited by Cowboys1; 01-17-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #47
Jabes0623
Safe Space Lifeguard

AKaholic #: 173872

Quote:
Post pics OP.

Thanks for the heads up. Been looking for a gift for my boy, think that S90V Spitfire is just thing. Just ordered one. Hopefully I donít end up liking it a little too much & having to buy 2!
Jabes0623 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:35 PM   #48
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes0623 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Been looking for a gift for my boy, think that S90V Spitfire is just thing. Just ordered one. Hopefully I donít end up liking it a little too much & having to buy 2!
I ordered mine off their ebay store, did you order from their website? I was having a little trouble with the website loading pages the other day, they are on bladeforums too under the Buck section, check for threads started by SKblades.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:25 PM   #49
Jabes0623
Safe Space Lifeguard

AKaholic #: 173872

Quote:
I ordered mine off their ebay store, did you order from their website? I was having a little trouble with the website loading pages the other day, they are on bladeforums too under the Buck section, check for threads started by SKblades.
I did order from their site, no issues. Got a shipping notification today.
Jabes0623 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #50
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes0623 View Post
I did order from their site, no issues. Got a shipping notification today.
Cool, got mine last night, very nice blade, has BOS S35VN with the flame logo on the other side of blade, nice and sharp as all my Buck blades have been, great company.
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #51
Shaggy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 165600

Buck 110
Shaggy is online now   Reply With Quote