Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Survival and Preparedness

Notices

Old 12-31-2017, 11:58 PM   #1121
giantpune
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 188807

Little birdies are talking about coinbase adding ripple support. When they added BCH, the price skyrocketed 8x and they halted all trading. The price went back down, but its still double what it was before coinbase/gdax added it. I've also heard some talk about them adding monero sometime soon. Went ahead and grabbed some of each of those to sit on till the coinbase effect kicks in.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:37 AM   #1122
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 181106

Have a small position in BTC, BCC, LTC and GBTC now but am watching and waiting for a new entry point. Ripple, Monero and IOTA look decent too. Maybe ETH eventually.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #1123
AK74NOLA

AKaholic #: 193147

So far ive made 3k profit off ripple in weeks. Things are looking good! If XRP gets added to coinbase this will explode even more.
AK74NOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #1124
Rev06
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 185972

I heard a rumor that Australia has frozen transactions from cash bank accounts ($A) to BTC and also has either frozen or is doing something similar to transactions on BTC exchange(s). Anyone else heard this?

Similarly, S. Korea is supposed to be looking at either banning or heavily regulating BTC transactions.

This government monkeying around is what has worried me from the beginning.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #1125
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
I heard a rumor that Australia has frozen transactions from cash bank accounts ($A) to BTC and also has either frozen or is doing something similar to transactions on BTC exchange(s). Anyone else heard this?

Similarly, S. Korea is supposed to be looking at either banning or heavily regulating BTC transactions.

This government monkeying around is what has worried me from the beginning.
Easy solution ... TOR or VPN on the "dark web" or store on a hard wallet like Trezor or Ledger. Just a couple extra steps and remain anonymous. Can even cover your track with "Shape Shift" or other "mixing" software. They may try to follow but the trail goes cold.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:15 PM   #1126
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Easy solution... launder that shit. I heard recently that some people were doing it by recording a song/writing a book and uploading it to itunes store. Then buy itunes giftcards with your BTC. Use those giftcards to buy your own song/book from apple. Apple deposits money in your bank account.

There's also ole fashioned gold. Order gold online, pay with BTC, get free shipping and 4% discount. When your gold shows up, sell that shit.

Or buy stuff with it. Go to purse.io, find the item you want off amazon, pay with bitcoin, and get the item cheaper than if it were amazon to begin with.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #1127
yuik

AKaholic #: 188386

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74NOLA View Post
the people have never looked up the definition of "Ponzi scheme" or "fraud" are ignorant, because even if bitcoin will fail or result in investors losing all their money, it does not meet the definition of either a Ponzi scheme or a fraud.

Plain and simple.
It is 100% not a ponzi scheme or fraud.

A bubble possibly:

The problem is the float of what’s trading and determining the price. There’s so much dead money from
The original wallets that was lost. The float that trades daily is way lower than the total market cap.
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #1128
rcm1201

AKaholic #: 165990

Man crypto has changed my life. I'm 28 and after investing for about a year, my wife can now retire. I have secured a portion of the crypto gains out of that market in a safer, more traditional vehicle so we can live off the dividends that equal her salary. Just need my crypto portfolio to go 2-3x from here and I'll be retiring with her.
rcm1201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #1129
Rev06
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm1201 View Post
Man crypto has changed my life. I'm 28 and after investing for about a year, my wife can now retire. I have secured a portion of the crypto gains out of that market in a safer, more traditional vehicle so we can live off the dividends that equal her salary. Just need my crypto portfolio to go 2-3x from here and I'll be retiring with her.
Congrats man! That is great to hear. Sounds like you nailed it and did not get greedy which is the hardest part. Hats off
Old 01-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #1130
rstrobel
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 167348

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm1201 View Post
did you pay the taxes yet? lol

side note, I just saw that the most visited investment website in the entire world is now coinmarketcap.com
rstrobel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #1131
rcm1201

AKaholic #: 165990

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrobel View Post

side note, I just saw that the most visited investment website in the entire world is now coinmarketcap.com
As part of the withdrawal, I set aside enough to cover 2017 taxes that I will be filing in a couple months.
rcm1201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:49 AM   #1132
AKRAGE
400ft below sea level

AKaholic #: 159787

NEM is next for me
This Post Above Has Been Approved By An Independent Moderation Team And Has Been Deemed A Non-Contentless Thread With Synopsis. If This Post Has Offended You In Any Way Safer Reading Material Can Be Obtained From CNN.
AKRAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:44 AM   #1133
remauto1187
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176620
Location: INDIANA (formerly Illinois) Cant imagine why I left there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
Congrats man! That is great to hear. Sounds like you nailed it and did not get greedy which is the hardest part. Hats off
Im placing some of my stakes like you did and will retire in less than 5 years if it works out as planned. (with 20yrs federal service at that time)
Old 01-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #1134
savage

AKaholic #: 41960

Ok, so I managed to get different accounts a different exchanges and dumped little bit of money into some of them. But I'm just gonna letting it sit there but I know the real money is treating this… But with the new tax changes where every trade is considered a taxable event in my understanding, how can we possibly track these going purchased events should you decide to trade them? Does anybody have a good idea on this or is there a site? To try to spreadsheet this would be impossible. Any insight would be great .
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Molon labe!
savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #1135
HKD126

AKaholic #: 166817

Crypto prices are plummeting! BTC is currently $10k and XRP is $1.00!
HKD126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #1136
Rev06
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrobel View Post

Huh very interesting. I have seen reports that millennial and some younger are leary of traditional stock market and other investments because of the 2008 financial crisis and are turning to crypto for their speculative excesses.

Once crypto cracks we may well see the last wave of retail finally come into this bull market to fully power the coming blow off top.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #1137
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
Crypto prices are plummeting! BTC is currently $10k and XRP is $1.00!
Buy low, sell high. Also, 10k is still +1177% up from a year ago.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:47 AM   #1138
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Happy with my gains but when the "Whales" started selling and the crypto and exchange founders said "sell", then it became obvious that the time had come to bail.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #1139
HKD126

AKaholic #: 166817

BTC at $9k now.
HKD126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #1140
giantpune
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
BTC at $9k now.
And $11.5k now. Cha-ching. That just upgraded the seats on my ponzi yacht to the italian leather. When it gets back up to $15k, that's italian leather seats for the lifeboat, too.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:33 AM   #1141
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
And $11.5k now. Cha-ching. That just upgraded the seats on my ponzi yacht to the italian leather. When it gets back up to $15k, that's italian leather seats for the lifeboat, too.
Futures expiry. Maybe the carnage is over. Still watching tho.