Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > K-VAR

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 06:39 PM   #1
KrinkCliff

AKaholic #: 191626
Default Customer Service

Hello, reading through various threads here on the AK Files I have come across many comments regarding a poor customer service experience here at K-VAR and I want to take this time to apologize to anyone that feels that they have had this experience with us. It is our goal to provide you with excellent customer service while at the same time providing you with the best products available.
Many of the comments that I am seeing here are in reference to backorders on SLR107-11s. Looking through our orders we have not collected payment on any firearm that we cannot deliver. There is a large demand for the SLR107-11 and as soon as we get them in we contact customers that have called and wished to be added to the wait list to see if they would still like to pay for and receive one. Please understand that we want to get them in for you too and as soon as we do we begin processing them.
I would like to make it clear that while we do offer Arsenal rifles we are not the manufacturer of the rifle. We are an online retailer. When we ship a firearm to your FFL of choice you have an opportunity to inspect the firearm before accepting the transfer. I know that rejecting a firearm that you have paid for and anticipate taking home can be frustrating for both you and your FFL but that is your chance to inspect the firearm. Once you have accepted the transfer unfortunately any issues with that firearm are now between you and the manufacturer. If we can assist you with contacting the manufacturer, whether it be Arsenal or another manufacturer who's product you purchased from us please let us know. If you decide to not accept the transfer give us a call and we will issue you an RMA and work out the details to set up an exchange and/or refund.
I look forward to working with you all and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to message us or give us a call. Thank you - Cliff
KrinkCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
Tad_07

AKaholic #: 181689

I have refused to be a customer after the last order I made a few yrs ago. All the items I ordered were in stock (just parts/no firearms). While it wasn't a large order it was handled very poorly. Just throwing it out there, that it is not strictly backorders that are an issue.
Tad_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrinkCliff View Post
Hello, reading through various threads here on the AK Files I have come across many comments regarding a poor customer service experience here at K-VAR and I want to take this time to apologize to anyone that feels that they have had this experience with us. It is our goal to provide you with excellent customer service while at the same time providing you with the best products available.
Many of the comments that I am seeing here are in reference to backorders on SLR107-11s. Looking through our orders we have not collected payment on any firearm that we cannot deliver. There is a large demand for the SLR107-11 and as soon as we get them in we contact customers that have called and wished to be added to the wait list to see if they would still like to pay for and receive one. Please understand that we want to get them in for you too and as soon as we do we begin processing them.
I would like to make it clear that while we do offer Arsenal rifles we are not the manufacturer of the rifle. We are an online retailer. When we ship a firearm to your FFL of choice you have an opportunity to inspect the firearm before accepting the transfer. I know that rejecting a firearm that you have paid for and anticipate taking home can be frustrating for both you and your FFL but that is your chance to inspect the firearm. Once you have accepted the transfer unfortunately any issues with that firearm are now between you and the manufacturer. If we can assist you with contacting the manufacturer, whether it be Arsenal or another manufacturer who's product you purchased from us please let us know. If you decide to not accept the transfer give us a call and we will issue you an RMA and work out the details to set up an exchange and/or refund.
I look forward to working with you all and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to message us or give us a call. Thank you - Cliff
Thank you.

I have ordered more then 5 rifles from K-VAR and the customer service was excellent. I think blemishes happen, but I think they do try to resolve issues.
flakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad_07 View Post
I have refused to be a customer after the last order I made a few yrs ago. All the items I ordered were in stock (just parts/no firearms). While it wasn't a large order it was handled very poorly. Just throwing it out there, that it is not strictly backorders that are an issue.

I am sorry to hear that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. If you ever have any questions or a change of heart give us a call.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #5
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakman View Post
Thank you.

I have ordered more then 5 rifles from K-VAR and the customer service was excellent. I think blemishes happen, but I think they do try to resolve issues.
Good news! Thank you for your business! It sounds like you have a nice collection going on there
Old 03-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #6
6871Ordie

AKaholic #: 181723

First let me say I ordered a FM-AK47-11 last year when it was listed as a "PRE-ORDER", got it from the first shipment and had a great experience.

With that said.... I ordered an Arsenal SLR107R back when they were listed as "IN STOCK". Didn't get mine from the first shipment, wasn't worried, figured another shipment would arrive in short order. My problem with KVAR during this experience is in recieving no word from them on delays, no e-mails with an expected timeline, no e-mails period. And when I would call the answer was we won't know anything for several weeks. I canceled my order the other day as a result of this experience and ordered another FIME VEPR from another company.

The big point here is DONT list items as "IN STOCK" when they clearly were not. Arsenal may manufacture them but you control what's in your inventory. I feel there should have been more honesty from KVAR FROM THE BEGINING and make a better effort to keep your customers in the loop.
6871Ordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #7
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6871Ordie View Post
First let me say I ordered a FM-AK47-11 last year when it was listed as a "PRE-ORDER", got it from the first shipment and had a great experience.

With that said.... I ordered an Arsenal SLR107R back when they were listed as "IN STOCK". Didn't get mine from the first shipment, wasn't worried, figured another shipment would arrive in short order. My problem with KVAR during this experience is in recieving no word from them on delays, no e-mails with an expected timeline, no e-mails period. And when I would call the answer was we won't know anything for several weeks. I canceled my order the other day as a result of this experience and ordered another FIME VEPR from another company.

The big point here is DONT list items as "IN STOCK" when they clearly were not. Arsenal may manufacture them but you control what's in your inventory. I feel there should have been more honesty from KVAR FROM THE BEGINING and make a better effort to keep your customers in the loop.
"First let me say I ordered a FM-AK47-11 last year when it was listed as a "PRE-ORDER", got it from the first shipment and had a great experience. "

That is the way that it should be.

You're completely right. Items should not be listed as in stock if we do not have them in our warehouse ready to ship. Moving forward when we receive our next shipment we are not going to be adding any of them to our website until all of the customers that are on our list have been contacted. Any available or remaining rifles will then be added. Thank you for your business and if there is any way we can get it back please let me know. I will work hard to continue improving our customers' experiences here at K-VAR.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:11 AM   #8
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

AKaholic #: 162925

I can give you an ear full you won't enjoy from my experience with K-VAR last week and is still ongoing, but as of now I'd rather do it in PM. As of this moment what I will say here is I am VERY unimpressed with how K-VAR handles their sales and issues. I have very legitimate reasons for what I think of your company right now. Be interesting to see what your made of. PM me and let me know if you want that ear full....btw welcome to the Files.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:42 AM   #9
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-91 View Post
I can give you an ear full you won't enjoy from my experience with K-VAR last week and is still ongoing, but as of now I'd rather do it in PM. As of this moment what I will say here is I am VERY unimpressed with how K-VAR handles their sales and issues. I have very legitimate reasons for what I think of your company right now. Be interesting to see what your made of. PM me and let me know if you want that ear full....btw welcome to the Files.
PM Sent
Old 03-04-2017, 01:54 AM   #10
islandfocus2
Guns & Coffee

AKaholic #: 159575

Quote:

Cliff,

Can you please give a big thank you to Jon Kramer in customer service for assisting me today with a part (AK-058BWS) that just sold out in the K-VAR website when I was shopping. I called him and he happen to locate 2 in stock. Thanks to Jon!

Thanks,

Art-
islandfocus2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:18 AM   #11
TheSundanceKid
Banned

AKaholic #: 189907

I've ordered twice from kvar and thought you guys were great

Rich in your sales department has been great
TheSundanceKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #12
KrinkCliff

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandfocus2 View Post
Cliff,

Can you please give a big thank you to Jon Kramer in customer service for assisting me today with a part (AK-058BWS) that just sold out in the K-VAR website when I was shopping. I called him and he happen to locate 2 in stock. Thanks to Jon!

Thanks,

Art-
Art, I'm glad that he took care of you. Thank you for letting us know. I'll pass it on to him!
Old 03-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #13
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSundanceKid View Post
I've ordered twice from kvar and thought you guys were great

Rich in your sales department has been great
Glad to hear that! Thank you
Old 03-06-2017, 06:24 PM   #14

AKaholic #: 191348

Are FIME and K-VAR the same company? If so, I have a few words.
33572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #15
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33572 View Post
That's what Rob Ski told me in a PM with him. I'm all ears.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #16
KrinkCliff

Quote:
No we are completely different companies. K-VAR is an online retailer. We do carry FIME products.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:46 PM   #17
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Check your email Cliff.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:50 AM   #18
DOS AK's
Stay Loaded My Friends.
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 177786

Quote:
Quote:
No we are completely different companies. K-VAR is an online retailer. We do carry FIME products.
Fime, K-Var, Arsenal Las Vegas: All have the same president and same mailing address. One big happy family.

Here is 33572's thread about his problem with his FM Vepr.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300083

Barry Goldwater
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!"

Last edited by DOS AK's; 03-07-2017 at 09:26 AM.
DOS AK's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:21 PM   #19
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Cliff your lights on, but nobody's home...
Old 03-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #20
KrinkCliff

I'm home, your e-mail was so long that you couldn't send it in a PM and had to use your personal email to my work email. My work e-mail automatically moves emails from personal accounts to Junk mail. I'm just now reading it.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #21
mickg102

AKaholic #: 179675

I'm a long time lurker, decided to purchase from kvar thru my FFL
been 3 weeks now still nothing....
mickg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #22
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickg102 View Post
Hope it goes well for you...
Old 03-17-2017, 10:11 AM   #23
KrinkCliff

Quote:
Give us a call and we will get you taken care of. If you want to PM me an order number I can check it out too. If it's an SLR107-11 we do not have them to ship but if you ordered anything else it usually goes out the day that it was ordered.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #24
flakman

AKaholic #: 190767

Quote:
Give us a call and we will get you taken care of. If you want to PM me an order number I can check it out too. If it's an SLR107-11 we do not have them to ship but if you ordered anything else it usually goes out the day that it was ordered.
I can vouch for that. Every rifle that I ordered unless it was preorder, was shipped next day
flakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #25
mickg102

Quote:

I just got off the phone with the company you work for, and I have to say
Ive never buy and/or attempt to buy ever again from you guys.

First off product showed as in stock item, secondly I awaited almost a month
to receive, I have tons patience but, it will only last so long. Thirdly, When i purchased the Item it clearly said that the item was in stock
Now 3 weeks later out of stock, but yet again no one calls to update
or tell me the bad news. Rep tells me they had one on lay away but i could not sell it to me due to the fact its "reserved on layaway"

I see and have read that they have new management/staffing.
CLEARLY your company/kvar has some serious revision's to do not to mention REALLY BRUSH UP on that customer service cause it's poopy

Cliff- my order was a slr104-33
noone else carries this item, feel free to PM me
Old 03-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #26
KrinkCliff

Quote:
I just got off the phone with the company you work for, and I have to say
Ive never buy and/or attempt to buy ever again from you guys.

First off product showed as in stock item, secondly I awaited almost a month
to receive, I have tons patience but, it will only last so long. Thirdly, When i purchased the Item it clearly said that the item was in stock
Now 3 weeks later out of stock, but yet again no one calls to update
or tell me the bad news. Rep tells me they had one on lay away but i could not sell it to me due to the fact its "reserved on layaway"

I see and have read that they have new management/staffing.
CLEARLY your company/kvar has some serious revision's to do not to mention REALLY BRUSH UP on that customer service cause it's poopy

Cliff- my order was a slr104-33
noone else carries this item, feel free to PM me
Are you sure that you called K-VAR Corp? I've spoken with everyone here in the office and no one has spoken to a customer regarding an SLR104-33. It is true that we do not have them in stock but we do not have any of these on layaway and haven't for some time. Do you have an order number that you can PM me that I can reference? I'd love to help you out.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #27
mickg102

Cliff,
Absolutely I called KVAR, I was at my local shop and he had it on speaker phone as we when thru the situation, called it a "ghost" order due to it and its availability.
My thing you state its been "out of stock for sometime" but mind you i ordered this mid February, one hell of an inventory mismatch if you ask me,and without a courtesy call regarding the order and availability.
The contact/rep was Jeff I dont remember his last name and I will get you an order number shortly.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:12 AM   #28
PatinAz

AKaholic #: 191083

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-91 View Post
Cliff your lights on, but nobody's home...
Any update on your rifle that you can share?
PatinAz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:37 AM   #29
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatinAz View Post
Any update on your rifle that you can share?
Yes. Waited a week after they got my rifle back and still heard nothing from them. I called to inquire and they said they would send a replacement, that's the good news. The bad, I get put on the "list" of all warranty claims and when my name comes up they'll send it. Now mind you they screw up, they have one in stock, BUT, I have to wait maybe even 4 weeks to get my replacement. And was reminded not to call to inquire the status of my claim, they'll just send it (whenever they feel like it I guess). Terrible, TERRIBLE customer service in my experience and opinion. I should note that I'm dealing with Arsenal, K-VAR washed their hands of my issue as soon as I took possession of the rifle.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #30
Rich@K-Var

AKaholic #: 190446

Quote:
Cliff,
Absolutely I called KVAR, I was at my local shop and he had it on speaker phone as we when thru the situation, called it a "ghost" order due to it and its availability.
My thing you state its been "out of stock for sometime" but mind you i ordered this mid February, one hell of an inventory mismatch if you ask me,and without a courtesy call regarding the order and availability.
The contact/rep was Jeff I dont remember his last name and I will get you an order number shortly.
Any luck finding that order number? We have looked through backorders, layaways, past orders... not finding anything. We would love to be able to see an actual order to prevent any future issues if some impropriety occurred
Rich@K-Var is offline   Reply With Quote