Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 08-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #36
Turbo Dang

AKaholic #: 181190

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
I will be using 30 round blocked mags.

Tapco working fine with Stamped as well?
They work with my stamped DDI.
Turbo Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #37
falconman515

AKaholic #: 181321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Dang View Post
They work with my stamped DDI.
Was hoping someone who has a DDI could comment on if they work.

Figured they would but seems the issues I have seen or read most about are mag related.

Since I have bought them and got them blocked and everything I was not gonna buy different mags just to work and fit correctly you know.

Thanks
falconman515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #38
falconman515

Quote:
Will it be a wood version like this one??? I would love to see a beautiful Russian red style Milled receiver AK from you guys! This comment has me thinking I should wait now ... No exact ETA on when they will be shipping out to Atlantic? I am Very eager to hear more details on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDI View Post
Sorry, no more info for now. Maybe later tonight after I have had a few beers.
Soooooo ... not enough beer in him!!!

I am ready to buy but I think I want to wait to see if this new Milled version comes with wood like the current stamped wood version.

If it comes with wood furniture then I am SOLD!!!

Anymore hints you want to share DDI???
Old 08-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #39
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

AKaholic #: 154955

Complaining about a tight magwell is kind of ridiculous and petty. It's a fix that takes a few minutes. I wish all of my AKs came that way so I could make them work with all mags, but be as tight as possible.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
AdamP123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #40
rych232

AKaholic #: 179039

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP123 View Post
Complaining about a tight magwell is kind of ridiculous and petty. It's a fix that takes a few minutes. I wish all of my AKs came that way so I could make them work with all mags, but be as tight as possible.
Well, it's a product review, so pros and cons get mentioned. It's safe to say that a majority of people wouldn't be thrilled with having to take a grinder to a new rifle to make it functional. Hardly ridiculous or petty.
rych232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #41
sdcromer

AKaholic #: 1279

Tapco mag works fine in my stamped DDI, but it was the tightest fit of all of my mags.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:19 AM   #42
falconman515

Quote:
Originally Posted by rych232 View Post
Well, it's a product review, so pros and cons get mentioned. It's safe to say that a majority of people wouldn't be thrilled with having to take a grinder to a new rifle to make it functional. Hardly ridiculous or petty.
Exactly! I understand it's a double edged sword really cause for many years from what I can tell people complain A Lot about loose mags ... so it's tough either way. BUT If I bought an AK that didn't fit a mag and I had to modify my gun to make it fit I would Not be a happy camper (I just wouldn't do it ... it would be going back over and over till it was right) and it is Hardly ridiculous or petty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcromer View Post
Tapco mag works fine in my stamped DDI, but it was the tightest fit of all of my mags.
Thanks for that info ... being the tightest fit of all your mags is it hard to remove and or insert the magazine due to this? Does it slow you down due it being so tight?

Honestly I would rather have loose fitting wobbly mags then horribly tight ... I mean I have read countless people saying they have wobbly mags and what not but never have seen someone say it causes issues due to the slight mag wobble.

Guess there is no such thing as a "perfect" AK ... gotta take the good with the bad I suppose ... but I will be pissed if I bought one and my mags wouldn't fit due the magwell not cut large enough and causing fitment issues.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #43
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

Quote:
It's safe to say that a majority of people wouldn't be thrilled with having to take a grinder to a new rifle to make it functional. Hardly ridiculous or petty.
Well, majority of people are incompetent, so you do have a point. Still, it's petty to someone with a scant amount of knowledge about how an AK works.

Я люблю котов! У меня нет кота, но они очаровательны. Я люблю разговаривать с людьми в парке о своих домашних кошках. Кошки могут быть настолько привередливыми! Вы когда-нибудь задумывались что кошки думают? Много приветствий! Адам.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #44
sdcromer

No it doesn't slow me down using Tapco, but there is absolutely no wiggle or wobble.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #45
genxgixxer
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 179329

Quote:

I agree, some people think an AK and mags are precision instruments, or just too lazy to learn how to use basic tools.

Kill a commie for Mommy.
Sent from 52 area
genxgixxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #46
rych232

Quote:
Well, majority of people are incompetent, so you do have a point. Still, it's petty to someone with a scant amount of knowledge about how an AK works.
Ok, I guess I just have a higher bar than you.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #47
falconman515

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxgixxer View Post
I agree, some people think an AK and mags are precision instruments, or just too lazy to learn how to use basic tools.
Really? This place just baffles me with some of it's members

Sorry were not ALL professional top notch gunsmiths here!

Can anyone ever just answer a question or be helpful without being a complete asshole?

Last edited by falconman515; 08-04-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:50 PM   #48
falconman515

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcromer View Post
No it doesn't slow me down using Tapco, but there is absolutely no wiggle or wobble.
Perfect ... ya I figured it would be tight ... which feel more solid and better built I'm sure anyway.

Thanks so much for the replies and the info.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #49
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

Quote:

Sorry were not ALL professional top notch gunsmiths here!

Can anyone ever just answer a question or be helpful without being a complete asshole?
There was no question. The OP was complaining about something that should not even be noteworthy. A tight magwell is a bonus, not a negative and, if one can't easily fix the issue with a hand file or dremel in about 3 minutes, they are likely incompetent. The amount of time the OP spent making this thread and pointing out the "con" of the tight magwell, he could have researched the fix and repaired about ten "faulty" magwells. Oh well.

Quote:
Ok, I guess I just have a higher bar than you.
If by "bar" you mean that you can't comprehend the basic function of how a magazine locks into an AK and correct this basic issue with basic hand tools, then yes, you do have a higher bar.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #50
AK-ula
Curio & Relic
Gold Contributor

AKaholic #: 159323
Default What Hillary said to Bill

I can make it looser, not tighter.

Hence Monica

Attachment 19037
Monica-2014

Last edited by AK-ula; 03-09-2018 at 06:25 AM.
AK-ula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #51
sdcromer

Yayyyyy Monica!!!
Old 08-05-2015, 02:12 AM   #52
falconman515

Quote:
There was no question. The OP was complaining about something that should not even be noteworthy. A tight magwell is a bonus, not a negative and, if one can't easily fix the issue with a hand file or dremel in about 3 minutes, they are likely incompetent. The amount of time the OP spent making this thread and pointing out the "con" of the tight magwell, he could have researched the fix and repaired about ten "faulty" magwells. Oh well. .
Just because a guy doesn't want to go grinding on his brand new rifle with a F'ing dremel or file does not make him "incompetent" ... Think about the shit you say before you type it and how you look. And obviously you didn't read a damn thing the OP'er wrote anyway cause this thread was not made to Just point out this issue ... it was to show his new DDI AK and talk about what his initial impressions were and show some killer damn pictures of it.

Did you even read the original post? obviously not.

He was talking about his purchase and pointing out the one con he found with the AK ... and what HE did to FIX it. You know the thing you say he could have done and fixed it himself ... HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SMH)

So your reply like everything else makes Zero Sense!

And he can say whatever he wants ... it is 100% noteworthy when half of your damn magazines do not Fit!!!
And just because YOU think it's not does not mean you get to just shit all over his thread with your pointless, unhelpful and crappy replies. I found it noteworthy and something that I wanted to know more about and make sure the mags I spent a bunch of money on and had blocked etc. would work correctly in a brand new almost thousand dollar rifle I planned on buying brand new.

Here is what the OP said about the magwell BTW since you obviously didn't even read the damn thing .......

Quote:
So far, my only complaint is the mag opening. Its just too tight. I grabbed 20 random mags, a mix of combloc steel surplus, Korean, Pmags, Tapco, Bakelite, and Yugo BHO. Over half of them would not lock up. So, instead of sending it back, I thinned out the safety stop plate, took a little off the front of it, and took a bit off the mag release lever (oh the horror!). Now its still tight, but all mags work now. Interestingly enough, of the two Pmags I have, the one that shipped with the gun locked up fine, but the other one wouldn't lock up. The one that wouldn't lock had just a little bit more plastic at the parting line in the mold on the lug, and that was enough. I know DDI has stated on this forum that they are purposely building these guns with tight openings to satisfy what they believe consumers want (no mag wobble). And I agree with that, to some extent. But damn, 1/2 of my mags not fitting is not good, IMO. DDI, you need to loosen up the mag opening.
He did exactly what you said he should have done!!! Read before you post and think before you type next time bud!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:11 AM   #53
IanMor

AKaholic #: 643

pump the brakes, Falconman. You are getting bent out of shape for nothing. You're not even the OP and your going all Underdog, defender of the weak and defenseless om him. Just to bring you up to speed here, since you're new here and seem to like to hit the report post button on every thing that falls short of your expected level of politeness.

The AK Files is not a polite place. We have a lot of assholes here, and we allow them to pretty much say what they want, until they cross the line of trolling folks. We are grown men, and often times grown men use rough language, break each other's balls, and occasionally they are dicks to each other. Do not confuse the term "grown men" with the term, "gentlemen".

I hope this helps you understand our imperfect little place on the www. a little better. See my sig line for further clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
AKfiles is a slightly retarded and magical place. Learn to love it's non-perfect-ness
IanMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #54
falconman515

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
pump the brakes, Falconman. You are getting bent out of shape for nothing. You're not even the OP and your going all Underdog, defender of the weak and defenseless om him. Just to bring you up to speed here, since you're new here and seem to like to hit the report post button on every thing that falls short of your expected level of politeness.

The AK Files is not a polite place. We have a lot of assholes here, and we allow them to pretty much say what they want, until they cross the line of trolling folks. We are grown men, and often times grown men use rough language, break each others balls, and occasionally they are dicks to each other. Do not confuse the term "grown men" with the term, "gentlemen".

I hope this helps you understand our imperfect little place on the www. a little better. See my sig line for further clarification.
Sounds like you mods need to get on the same page then, your statement goes against what David Teague says here about the "grown men" you have as members ....

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...=230500&page=2

This is a damn informative place ... but the complete assholes here are ruining this forum and making it bad place for new guys coming to look for help and information!!!

Last edited by falconman515; 08-05-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #55
Djinnfizz
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 179992

Sorry Ian, but thats way too good to pass up as signature material.

Quote:
The AK Files is not a polite place. We have a lot of assholes here.
Djinnfizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #56
TigerNation
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 168430

Nice man! I'm stealing that second photo for my phones new background....
TigerNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #57
rych232

Quote:
There was no question. The OP was complaining about something that should not even be noteworthy. A tight magwell is a bonus, not a negative and, if one can't easily fix the issue with a hand file or dremel in about 3 minutes, they are likely incompetent. The amount of time the OP spent making this thread and pointing out the "con" of the tight magwell, he could have researched the fix and repaired about ten "faulty" magwells. Oh well.

If by "bar" you mean that you can't comprehend the basic function of how a magazine locks into an AK and correct this basic issue with basic hand tools, then yes, you do have a higher bar.
First, I did fix it. Never claimed it was hard. Just stated that it's not good, and for a company that doesn't yet have a track record of QC, it's a bad target to try to hit. If you don't agree, I don't really care. However, it's neither petty nor ridiculous to mention it in a product review. I am sure many people on the fence want that sort of input. (Those that can't match your abilities, of course).

Second, digging your heels in when you're wrong doesn't make you right, it just makes you foolish.

Third, I'll put my Mech Eng degree and PE license up against your mechanical aptitude any day.

Fourth, I never used the word "faulty".

Your opinion is coming up useless and not well thought out. But please, continue.... correct my grammar maybe?

Last edited by rych232; 08-05-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #58
Aug's Dad

AKaholic #: 22911

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-ula View Post
I can make it looser, not tighter.

Hence Monica

Is that Blewinski??
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Aug's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #59
AdamP123
((((-(-(-_-)-)-))))

Quote:
First, I did fix it. Never claimed it was hard. Just stated that it's not good, and for a company that doesn't yet have a track record of QC, it's a bad target to try to hit. If you don't agree, I don't really care. However, it's neither petty nor ridiculous to mention it in a product review.
My apologies. I guess I misread your OP and thought that you spent half of the time talking about the tight magwell as if it was a significant issue. Oh, wait...

Old 08-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #60
shep854

AKaholic #: 179503

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnxdshooter View Post
Have you been living under a rock? The magpul zukhov fokding stock!
C3PO wants his foot back...
shep854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #61
rych232

Quote:
My apologies. I guess I misread your OP and thought that you spent half of the time talking about the tight magwell as if it was a significant issue. Oh, wait...
Ok good, now shoo.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #62
IanMor

Quote:
Sounds like you mods need to get on the same page then, your statement goes against what David Teague says here about the "grown men" you have as members ....

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...=230500&page=2

This is a damn informative place ... but the complete assholes here are ruining this forum and making it bad place for new guys coming to look for help and information!!!
We mods are independent, unpaid volunteers. Mr. Teague and I are good friends, and there are times we do not always agree. Your insinuation that Mr. Teague and I are not of common accord here is an unfair use of a conversation you and he may have had that I am unaware of. Additionally, Mr. Teague lives in Alaska, and is making the most of his glorious summer, much like I am on my first real vacation in 10 years. He and I are not paying that much attention to the files, nor are we talking as regular as we usually do. Our time is precious.

We are hardly about to change the way we moderate this forum to please YOU. This forum is very popular, and a large part of that is due to the fact that the moderation team is not a crew of stunted basement dwellers that get off on forcing the herd of cats to act the way we want. We expect the men to act like men, and when shit gets too far off the rails, we step in. If this is unsuitable to you, and you prefer a genteel discussion over High Tea in the drawing room over a chat in the road house with a beer and friends, you are as welcome to leave as you were to join. We will not change this to soothe your sensabilites.

This is the last you and I will speak of this, and know that I resent you greatly for trying to play Mr. Teage and I against each other. He is a dear friend of mine, and it will not be allowed.

Respectfully,
Ian

Edited to add;
I just read the thread you posted the link too. Apologies for missing it on my first read-through of your reply. Teague was responding to guys "ganging up" on you. Entirely appropriate move, and one he and I did discuss. My point stands, we step in when shit gets out of hand. Your attempt to play us against each other is even more weak. I would earnestly advise you to not try that again, and also equally encourage you to tough up, buttercup. The guys here speak their minds and rarely care if they hurt your feelings.

Quote:
AKfiles is a slightly retarded and magical place. Learn to love it's non-perfect-ness

Last edited by IanMor; 08-06-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #63
sdcromer

I still like Monica. AK Files is not for the faint of heart or the thin skinned. But it's a fun place and very entertaining at times ��
Old 08-07-2015, 02:10 AM   #64
falconman515

Quote:
We are hardly about to change the way we moderate this forum to please YOU. This forum is very popular, and a large part of that is due to the fact that the moderation team is not a crew of stunted basement dwellers that get off on forcing the herd of cats to act the way we want. We expect the men to act like men, and when shit gets too far off the rails, we step in. If this is unsuitable to you, and you prefer a genteel discussion over High Tea in the drawing room over a chat in the road house with a beer and friends, you are as welcome to leave as you were to join. We will not change this to soothe your sensabilites.

This is the last you and I will speak of this, and know that I resent you greatly for trying to play Mr. Teage and I against each other. He is a dear friend of mine, and it will not be allowed.

Respectfully,
Ian

Edited to add;
I just read the thread you posted the link too. Apologies for missing it on my first read-through of your reply. Teague was responding to guys "ganging up" on you. Entirely appropriate move, and one he and I did discuss. My point stands, we step in when shit gets out of hand. Your attempt to play us against each other is even more weak. I would earnestly advise you to not try that again, and also equally encourage you to tough up, buttercup. The guys here speak their minds and rarely care if they hurt your feelings.
How am I suppose to respond to this utter BS!!!

Only if you guys really knew ... but you don't so ignorance is bliss I guess.

I'll just sit here and shake my head at what I just read and move on while being resented greatly! LMFAO
Old 08-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #65
TexasDave
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 156092

Quote:

Respectfully,
Ian

Edited to add;

TexasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #66
IanMor

Quote:
How am I suppose to respond to this utter BS!!!

Only if you guys really knew ... but you don't so ignorance is bliss I guess.

I'll just sit here and shake my head at what I just read and move on while being resented greatly! LMFAO
You're messed up, dude. You make no sense to me what so ever.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2015, 07:36 PM   #67
falconman515

Quote:
You're messed up, dude. You make no sense to me what so ever.
That is the essence of this retarded magical place we call The AK Files!!!

Nobody does!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #68
Dferg10
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 155060

I smell popcorn. I'll take a large, no salt, no butter.
Dferg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #69
IanMor

Quote:
That is the essence of this retarded magical place we call The AK Files!!!

Nobody does!
fair enough.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2015, 11:10 PM   #70
falconman515

Quote:
fair enough.

Just trying to fit in a bit more.

I do get a little pissy and not pleased with certain replies ... I need to just let it go sometimes.

I do apologize for getting a little out of line ... I guess I was just venting and rolling over my issues from the last thread that members got WAY out of line.

I'm just a new guy trying to learn is all ... I know everything else about guns BUT this platform.

Thanks again everyone for the help and info I have received so far.

Back To Topic!!!