Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > General Rifle Discussion

Notices

Old 10-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #141
AZJonny
Broski

AKaholic #: 174752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetype View Post
The higher you stand, the more the wind hits you. Being the peerlessly excellent MBR that the SCAR-17 is, the level of hate it receives from those who donít know any better isnít even remotely surprising.
Lmao. Jesus dude listen to yourself. You might as well suck off the designer of the scar while you're at it. Also, I'll take your word of 'knowing better' with a grain of salt. Your experience is limited to YouTube videos and plinking.
AZJonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:12 PM   #142
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163202

Now this thread has some potential...…..LOL

Last edited by hansellhd; 10-26-2018 at 05:19 PM.
hansellhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:41 PM   #143
Archetype

AKaholic #: 87807

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJonny View Post
Lmao. Jesus dude listen to yourself. You might as well suck off the designer of the scar while you're at it. Also, I'll take your word of 'knowing better' with a grain of salt. Your experience is limited to YouTube videos and plinking.

Some people only know hate and sexual degeneracy. I guess youíre one of them. That doesnít make the 17 any less excellent.
Archetype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:07 PM   #144
AZJonny
Broski

Quote:
Some people only know hate and sexual degeneracy. I guess youíre one of them. That doesnít make the 17 any less excellent.
I didn't know lefties drank the scar kool-aid.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #145
burninglegs
Where we go one we go all

AKaholic #: 183372

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't know lefties drank the scar kool-aid.

You sure seem opinionated about the SCAR 17S. How long did you own one for and/or how many rounds have you put through one? Or, is this just your SCAR Derangement Syndrome coming through again?
Old 10-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #146
AZJonny
Broski

Quote:
Originally Posted by burninglegs View Post
You sure seem opinionated about the SCAR 17S. How long did you own one for and/or how many rounds have you put through one? Or, is this just your SCAR Derangement Syndrome coming through again?
I'm just amused by you fanboys and your dedication. My brother owned one for a bit then made a profit on it before the president election. Neither of us miss it. How weird is that?
Old 10-26-2018, 09:23 PM   #147
burninglegs

Quote:
I'm just amused by you fanboys and your dedication. My brother owned one for a bit then made a profit on it before the president election. Neither of us miss it. How weird is that?
So how many rounds do you have on one? So if I get it right, you aren't an owner and never were but are an expert reviewer of it? SCAR Derangement Syndrome, one of the few guns where non-owners have so much to say about it and believe holding one in the local gun store is all they need to give it a thorough review and analysis of its abilities.

I figured you never owned one and never shot one or had only a few rounds through one. Say no more, crystal clear based on your replies regarding the SCAR 17. Your opinions of it lack any substance. Bunch of hot air and fake news.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:42 PM   #148
AZJonny
Broski

Quote:
Bunch of hot air
Hot air? Read your rebuttal and wipe off your drool. I didn't review the scar or give an opinion on it. I made a statement on how this thread is gay, and how Archetype sounds sexually aroused by everything scar. Both of which are true.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #149
Desolo

AKaholic #: 178071

Ive been watching this train wreck for a while now....

What was the one quote, something about "living rent free in your mind"....

Perhaps its more like "Its lives in my mind and pays a mortgage!" Or something.

This is all the same crap from both sides of this argument.

Ok, back to watching the train wreck.
Desolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #150
Archetype

Unrelenting MBR excellence

Old 10-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #151
burninglegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolo View Post
Ive been watching this train wreck for a while now....

What was the one quote, something about "living rent free in your mind"....

Perhaps its more like "Its lives in my mind and pays a mortgage!" Or something.

This is all the same crap from both sides of this argument.

Ok, back to watching the train wreck.
Nah. The SCAR lives rent free in the mind of guys that haven't owned one, don't own one and who think they know everything about it based on watching YT videos in their basement. That is living rent free. Thinking about and critiquing a gun they don't own. Use the arguement that they held the gun at their local dealer so they therefore can tell you all about it.

It lives in the mind of us SCAR 17 owners because it is a fantastic battle rifle. I have zero problems buying and selling guns if I don't like them. I do it constantly. The SCAR 17 is not being sold. It isn't because it won't sell or because I would be under water. I could list it today on Armslist or my local gun board and it would sell within 24-48 hours and I would make hundreds on it. For me, it isn't being kept because I can't sell it. It is being kept because it is a damn fine rifle. Better than the likes of a LMT 308MWS or Daniel Defense DDM5 or home build Aero Precision .308 AR that I have owned or a FN FAL or PTR-91 that I have spent significant enough time shooting over the years. One that I haven't shot or owned that I would like to is a KAC SR-25. That is one that I want to spend time with.

The 17s is the top tier .308 battle rifle in 2018. Nothing else currently available matches its performance. Does it cost money? Sure. I'm not wealthy by any means. I am just an average middle class guy. But I made it work by saving up and selling guns I didn't need or no longer shot. Instead of building my 10th home built cheap PSA AR15 I used that money to save for something I wanted.

The SCAR price is high right now due to just about everywhere being sold out online, no shipments in the immediate future, FN raising the MSRP and high demand. But the street price will drop once a new batch is imported and demand is met. But guys spend just as much on similar rifles from H&K, LaRue, DD, LMT, LWRC, KAC...etc.

But yeah, let's keep criticizing a gun just because it is 'expensive' and you can't afford it, can afford it but can't justify it or can afford it but would rather have two guns instead of one. Put some honest time shooting one and doing some training with one to form an opinion based on a hands on experience rather than just repeating the same tired arguments that you learned from YT videos or parroting from a bunch of other non-SCAR owners.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #152
cal50
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 2400

Like a neutered dog, you just do not get it.

You cant understand why some people have zero desire to own one and you associate it with some form of mental problem when someone does not want or desire one.
Thats followed by cute statements like calling people "haters" or they cant afford one for the reason they do not have one.

For normal people that have fired them and think "meh" and see nothing it does unique for the cost or some of us that have dealt with FN USA and knowing how they suck balls for civilian customer service , spare parts & availability and only dabble in the civvy market we pick something else.

It must be an FN thing because I remember when the PS90 was being released and there was a LOT or hype around it and the 5.7 round. I was actually impressed by the engineering and intriqued by the 5.7 round. That was BEFORE I had a chance to run a few hundred rounds thru a PS90 and it was the biggest joke of a platform I have ever used. Glad I never picked one up or a 5.7 pistol when I had my FFL but the 5.7 fanboys are pretty much gone.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #153
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Nah. The SCAR lives rent free in the mind of guys that haven't owned one, don't own one and who think they know everything about it based on watching YT videos in their basement. That is living rent free. Thinking about and critiquing a gun they don't own. Use the arguement that they held the gun at their local dealer so they therefore can tell you all about it.

It lives in the mind of us SCAR 17 owners because it is a fantastic battle rifle. I have zero problems buying and selling guns if I don't like them. I do it constantly. The SCAR 17 is not being sold. It isn't because it won't sell or because I would be under water. I could list it today on Armslist or my local gun board and it would sell within 24-48 hours and I would make hundreds on it. For me, it isn't being kept because I can't sell it. It is being kept because it is a damn fine rifle. Better than the likes of a LMT 308MWS or Daniel Defense DDM5 or home build Aero Precision .308 AR that I have owned or a FN FAL or PTR-91 that I have spent significant enough time shooting over the years. One that I haven't shot or owned that I would like to is a KAC SR-25. That is one that I want to spend time with.

The 17s is the top tier .308 battle rifle in 2018. Nothing else currently available matches its performance. Does it cost money? Sure. I'm not wealthy by any means. I am just an average middle class guy. But I made it work by saving up and selling guns I didn't need or no longer shot. Instead of building my 10th home built cheap PSA AR15 I used that money to save for something I wanted.

The SCAR price is high right now due to just about everywhere being sold out online, no shipments in the immediate future, FN raising the MSRP and high demand. But the street price will drop once a new batch is imported and demand is met. But guys spend just as much on similar rifles from H&K, LaRue, DD, LMT, LWRC, KAC...etc.

But yeah, let's keep criticizing a gun just because it is 'expensive' and you can't afford it, can afford it but can't justify it or can afford it but would rather have two guns instead of one. Put some honest time shooting one and doing some training with one to form an opinion based on a hands on experience rather than just repeating the same tired arguments that you learned from YT videos or parroting from a bunch of other non-SCAR owners.

That was a smart move, I never understood people who own > five AR15's
Just seems like a waist. Why not enjoy something different.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:12 PM   #154
hansellhd
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Unrelenting MBR excellence

What no M1a/M14, how dare you.

BTW nice picture.

Old 10-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #155
TXsailor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 193986

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal50 View Post

For normal people that have fired them and think "meh" and see nothing it does unique for the cost or some of us that have dealt with FN USA and knowing how they suck balls for civilian customer service , spare parts & availability and only dabble in the civvy market we pick something else.
I can say, I've only fired a SCAR once, and I don't know how many rounds I shot. They just handed me a bunch of magazines, it had a giggle switch... the specifics are blurry from there lol. But I wasn't impressed enough to want one over something less expensive.

Now, the SMAW I played with later in the day... to this day, that's my favorite weapon.
TXsailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:23 PM   #156
rockmup

AKaholic #: 10283

I put several mags through a Scar17, looked around and thought, I could afford that gun if I sold some of the duplicates I had so I did.
These threads are funny and just like the Glock threads. If you don't own one, don't want one, then short of answering the OP's question why are you so driven to keep coming back to thump your chest ? It just makes you look childish.
rockmup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #157
Archetype

SCAR Heavy, SCAR of might, may your peerless excellence shine forever bright.

Old 10-27-2018, 07:51 PM   #158
SAIGA 5.45
King of the Apemen

AKaholic #: 174648

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmup View Post
I put several mags through a Scar17, looked around and thought, I could afford that gun if I sold some of the duplicates I had so I did.
These threads are funny and just like the Glock threads. If you don't own one, don't want one, then short of answering the OP's question why are you so driven to keep coming back to thump your chest ? It just makes you look childish.
Because not everyone has the same sentiment too echo who has used or owned one, but opinions be damned when it comes to people spending that sort of money. If you did and felt it wasn't worth it then you don't know what you are talking about, if it was then the fan boys love you, probably send free skinny jeans and shit with some free BRC pounds.

Might as well for that money.

The next Miss America will be David Hogg- Owen Benjamin.

SCAR Heavy, SCAR of might, may your peerless excellence shine forever bright. - gayest quote of the year so far.
SAIGA 5.45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:42 PM   #159
rockmup

AKaholic #: 10283

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIGA 5.45 View Post
Because not everyone has the same sentiment too echo who has used or owned one, but opinions be damned when it comes to people spending that sort of money. If you did and felt it wasn't worth it then you don't know what you are talking about, if it was then the fan boys love you, probably send free skinny jeans and shit with some free BRC pounds.

Might as well for that money.

English isn't your first language is it ? lol
rockmup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:22 AM   #160
SAIGA 5.45
King of the Apemen

AKaholic #: 174648

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmup View Post
English isn't your first language is it ? lol
Dictated not typed.

But snob it up a little bit and whine like a pillow biter why don’t you. Also just because you can’t read it does it mean English is someones second language, Maybe try some hooked on phonics or some first or second grade books.

The next Miss America will be David Hogg- Owen Benjamin.

SCAR Heavy, SCAR of might, may your peerless excellence shine forever bright. - gayest quote of the year so far.

Last edited by SAIGA 5.45; 10-28-2018 at 07:36 AM.
SAIGA 5.45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #161
Archetype

This Saiga dude is awfully caught up on gay/pillow biting shit. I’m not judgemental, but maybe your Freudian slips are better suited for other conversations?
Old 10-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #162
mike in pa

AKaholic #: 159261

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal50 View Post
Yep the best statement so far.

BTW IBTL
mike in pa is online now   Reply With Quote