Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 11:48 AM   #631
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176461

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCannon View Post
Hopefully this is different, but they failed with the FNP, then the FNX and the FNS, and they will most likely fail with the 509. I just don't see it going anywhere unless it picks up steam as a phenomenal out of the box handgun. And what's with the H&K mag prices ??? Pretty bogus. They're really letting their accessory cost hold them back from a bigger market.
How did they "fail" with the FNP, FNS, or FNX?
Stopsign32v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #632
jb1911

AKaholic #: 175875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
How did they "fail" with the FNP, FNS, or FNX?
^^^^
This

I think the FNS 9 is an amazing pistol.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #633
dwcopple
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 171373

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
^^^^
This

I think the FNS 9 is an amazing pistol.
It is. Perfect grip, massive TG opening, full ambi, great mags, steel sights.
dwcopple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:42 PM   #634
овчарка

AKaholic #: 189949

CZ's Glock. SIG's Glock. S&W's Glock. Glock's Glock.

Just buy the damn Glock. Its all Glock.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #635
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by овчарка View Post
CZ's Glock. SIG's Glock. S&W's Glock. Glock's Glock.

Just buy the damn Glock. Its all Glock.
I used to think this

Now all my money goes to CZ

Old 05-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #636
овчарка

AKaholic #: 189949

Quote:
I used to think this

Now all my money goes to CZ

Yep. I think the Arex is only non-CZ handgun Im looking at owning for carry.

Other than that a good 1911, a MkIII Hi-Power, my Mak and a Tokarev. However I do plan on building my own custom Glock 19 or 17 with non-Glock parts.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #637
VALMET_M76
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre5G View Post
HK VP9 is Duty grade. They have cannon grade steel CHF polygonal rifling barrels, and pass the NATO tests. SIG makes good stuff. CZ has been stepping up and making some bad ass stuff similar to HK and Sig innovative stuff.

My favorite pistols are

Glock 19 Sig p320, VP9, USP 9

I think CZ is stepping up
I almost bought a VP9 until I saw the torture test of the thing where the guy set it down gently on some dirt and then the thing went right into malfunction mode.

H&K calls the VP9 a consumer pistol, not a duty pistol.
VALMET_M76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:43 AM   #638
jb1911

I was moving towards striker fired pistols, CZ brought me back to my senses.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:40 AM   #639
WinterWar

AKaholic #: 190784

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWar View Post
Went to LGS yesterday and ordered P10C... Hope to get it in a week or so. At the same time left my Sig P320 there for them to sell. I didn't have enough funds to get P10C and that Sig just wasn't for me so I sell that to get money for the CZ. I prefer CZs anyway. Have owned 75 since around mid 90s in Finland and bought P09 here last year. With +2 baseplate I had yesterday on my trucks glovebox CZ with total of 43 rounds of 9mm hollowpoints in 2 mags ready to go if SHTF. Lets see if that P10C replaces P09 as my G2 gun.
Visited LGS, they have two P10C coming today(Wed).With my paperwork already done I can have one on Thursday. Both FDE, I prefer black guns but since I have never owned FDE color gun and I have longer beard than operators have I might go with FDE, just to get it before weekend.And to feel, you know, sort of like a shitkicking operator ninja.

So many assholes...so few bullets
WinterWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #640
WinterWar

Gotcha.

Well not yet, but that is mine. I decided to leave it to my LGS over the memorial weekend since they haven't sold my Sig yet and would like to get the money from that instead of trade it. And don't have time to shoot this CZ before going for a motorcycle trip early tomorrow and I don't ever carry a new gun that I haven't tested with enough rounds and SD ammo.

Never owned FDE gun, well now I do. Didn't want to wait until they get black ones, they told me that could take several weeks. They only got two of these now so I thought I take it. Never know when I have to leave USA so at least now I have P10C and can go shoot it.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:34 PM   #641
codifier
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170379

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMET_M76 View Post
H&K calls the VP9 a consumer pistol, not a duty pistol.
Care to elaborate? First I am hearing of the VP9 being a different standard than their duty pistols.

Quote:
All the power [the State] has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another;
there is no other source from which State power can be drawn. Therefore every assumption of State power, whether by gift
or seizure, leaves society with so much less power.

― Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, the State
codifier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:55 PM   #642
AKita

AKaholic #: 172169

"I got one of the very first production P10 C pistols to do a review on - went out to shoot it today despite the fact I've been super busy and I've had it a few weeks now. It will be going back to CZ - the mag release was a bit stiff with an empty mag in the pistol ; with a loaded mag after firing a few shots the magazine release was impossible to depress. The only way you could unload the pistol was by shooting it dry. My advice would be to wait til things get sorted out before you buy one - IF you buy one. I gotta laugh - people all over the Internet were singing the praises of this pistol, without ever seeing one in the flesh , as if the Holy Savor above had designed it. MANY were crowning it as THE new polymer framed striker fired pistol and calling it a Glock killer and blah, blah...

Where are those people now ? In addition the pistol has an MSRP of $499 - think about that for a minute. What does that tell you ? I know what it tells me......
Lastly the pistol did not fit into a Raven Concealment Glock 19 holster - not even close. So I'm not sure where the ' it fits in a G19 holster' thing came from; yeah maybe it will fit in a Safariland 560 but that don't count as you can stick everything from a Hi Point to an HK Mk23 in one of those....

I gotta admit once I figured out the sights are aluminum my interest for the pistol dropped dramatically.....
CZ will be getting it back and they can keep it." -L.Vickers

Last edited by AKita; 05-31-2017 at 12:01 AM.
AKita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:19 AM   #643
Corpsie
^^e0w~

AKaholic #: 168814

So CZ wouldn't make a Vicker's Tactical model and he threw his patented temper tantrums?
Corpsie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:00 AM   #644
brawny
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 187460

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKita View Post
"I got one of the very first production P10 C pistols to do a review on - went out to shoot it today despite the fact I've been super busy and I've had it a few weeks now. It will be going back to CZ - the mag release was a bit stiff with an empty mag in the pistol ; with a loaded mag after firing a few shots the magazine release was impossible to depress. The only way you could unload the pistol was by shooting it dry. My advice would be to wait til things get sorted out before you buy one - IF you buy one. I gotta laugh - people all over the Internet were singing the praises of this pistol, without ever seeing one in the flesh , as if the Holy Savor above had designed it. MANY were crowning it as THE new polymer framed striker fired pistol and calling it a Glock killer and blah, blah...

Where are those people now ? In addition the pistol has an MSRP of $499 - think about that for a minute. What does that tell you ? I know what it tells me......
Lastly the pistol did not fit into a Raven Concealment Glock 19 holster - not even close. So I'm not sure where the ' it fits in a G19 holster' thing came from; yeah maybe it will fit in a Safariland 560 but that don't count as you can stick everything from a Hi Point to an HK Mk23 in one of those....

I gotta admit once I figured out the sights are aluminum my interest for the pistol dropped dramatically.....
It tells me Glocks are way overpriced for what you get. Now if they came with decent sights, trigger, and maybe front serations, then they might be priced more reasonably.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Let not him who girds on his armor boast like him who takes it off.
King Ahab
brawny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:13 AM   #645
FangedRabbit
Professional Lurker

AKaholic #: 170724

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawny View Post
It tells me Glocks are way overpriced for what you get. Now if they came with decent sights, trigger, and maybe front serations, then they might be priced more reasonably.
What? Are you trying to tell me that something made mostly of stamped sheet metal and molded plastic shouldn't cost $550?
FangedRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:22 AM   #646
brawny
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangedRabbit View Post
What? Are you trying to tell me that something made mostly of stamped sheet metal and molded plastic shouldn't cost $550?
I know. I'm being silly.

King Ahab
Old 05-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #647
jb1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKita View Post

Well I wasn't sure if I wanted one before. Now I'm sure I do.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:40 PM   #648
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

I'm selling my P10c if anyone is interested. NIB never fired
Old 05-31-2017, 12:50 PM   #649
brawny
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'm selling my P10c if anyone is interested. NIB never fired
Nah, at least break it in for us

King Ahab
Old 05-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #650
Stopsign32v
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawny View Post
Nah, at least break it in for us
I've thought about it. Next time I go it will go with me.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:07 PM   #651
BigBlue&Goldie

AKaholic #: 189021

I'm holding out, it sounds like these are having some teething issues. I've read a few posts from people having trigger rest issues and FTE problems. I'm going to make the assumption that a big reason the trigger is so nice is because the springs are too light. CZ will get it figured out, but for now I think the Glock is still king of the plastic fantastics.
BigBlue&Goldie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #652
WinterWar

First 100rnds through my CZ P10C. Didn't have time for more...First thoughts, I like it a lot.

BUT I can see that mag release being a problem. It is not that as precise as I would want and I tried the situation LV had, put full mag on it, slide in battery. No, mag release didn't work until I pushed the mag a bit up. I don't see this as a problem, I couldn't think of a scenario I would need to get full mag out fast? Mags drop free when empty, no matter if slide is in battery or locked open. But definitely a flaw. Lets see what happens after some more rounds. The mag release is WAY much better on my P09.

CONS

-mag release feels flimsy
-roll pin for the grip endplates MISSING FROM THE FACTORY ??? The box had a seal on it so no one at LGS had lost it...

PROS

-I really like the grip and grip angle. Seems to be taming the recoil quite a bit and points very naturally to me. And is for me much more natural than Glocks I have tried.
-trigger is really damn good

All and all so far it seems that these are put together in a hurry and I can see that there is a need for the mag release to be improved. Even the packing seems to be a bit cheaper than the one on my P09, the box has this centerlock that doesn't work, just open the two latches and you can open the box. Also the cleaning rod is made of plastic.

I still like it a lot though, it is very nice gun to shoot. Even though I'm a big CZ fan, I can't say this is perfect gun. At the moment I give it 8/10. Lets see how it feels after more rounds(when I have more time..)

Old 06-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #653
Mikelawtown
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 179935

Just got mine but will have to shoot it next week. Trigger feels great and will only get a tad better after 500 or so rounds
Mikelawtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #654
tacogewehr

AKaholic #: 192090

I've been shooting the crap out of mine, over 500 rounds now in a week. I'm loving it but am going to the medium back strap on mine, seems to let me get the right grip on it more consistently. I do have some complaints though.

The trigger is fantastic but there is some flash in the cutout, so if I push the trigger just the wrong way the trigger safety lever in it will catch. Will need to get that out eventually and clean that up. My mag release was a touch stiff but quickly smoothed up and works fine. The slide release was really stiff but has gotten better with time and now feels pretty good, also not having issues with failures to lock open that I had in the first 100 rounds, maybe I was riding the catch.

My other big bitch aside from the flash around the trigger is they got lazy putting the sights on. 4 of the 5 shots on my factory target were out of the circle. The rear sight was visibly way to the left on receipt, shooting on the range confirmed it. Quickly drifting it when I got home fixed that but c'mon, you can't let it out the door with it being that off.

Accuracy has been good. I shoot this better than my P01 or 75B for sure. In particular I am finding the 75B hard to go back to. I like the break and feel of the trigger on my P10c more than either but still may try the Glock 4# striker spring mod in it to lighten it up just a touch. As soon as I can get more mags for it I will probably run it in 3 gun and steel matches.

For the price point these should settle into I think it is a huge win. Even with having to do some break in on the mag release and slide stop/release the gun is almost perfect out of the box. The big thing is that bit of flash near the trigger cutout, maybe that will get better in time too.
tacogewehr is online now   Reply With Quote