Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #106
4mula
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183879

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpk762 View Post
If your 30 rounders are all working i wouldnt file on it to fit the drum, alot of them are iffy on fitment anyway and if you file to much the mags could possibly sit to low or be loose. If you get a good click locking them in and not to difficult to remove its good.
I agree, damm the drums, mags are way more useful
Old 11-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #107
Fjordforder
Indestructible, not invulnerable!

AKaholic #: 175530

IMO the same people who actually use KCI drums are the same ones who actually use dumbass bumpfire stocks and binary triggers. They`re toys.

THE ENTIRE KIM DYNASTY IS A LONG, LONG LINE OF PUNK ASS BITCHES

7.62x39, 5.45x39, 7.62x51, 7.62x54r, 5.56x45, 12x76, 9x19, .22WMR
Fjordforder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #108
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 166849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddrick View Post
I picked up a PSAK 47 GB2 Liberty in classic plum earlier this week. I've encountered one problem so far and that's when I field stripped the rifle to clean. The gas tube was fitted so tight that it was incredibly hard to remove. I used a screw driver as leverage to get it off. Putting the gas tube back on was even more difficult. I ended up having to file off a little bit of the rear of the gas tube to get it back on. Other than that everything seems good so far. I haven't noticed any rust on the rifle and all the mags I have fit. I plan on getting out to the club next weekend to shoot it.
Good to hear man, seems like they need to up their qc and attention to detail on these and they would be doing alright, glad your guys are working just as well. Im going to go shoot a few mags here before dark! About 420 rounds so far, probably going to take 3 more mags. No sense in wasting to much, it has proven itself so far and nothing is wrong, it barks like an AK!

I think on the next one i will do the triangle as well and a bulgy wood hg and grip or even some plum. Plum and Bakelite mags looks sexy.
fpk762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:02 PM   #109
travinh

AKaholic #: 179278

Fpk762,

How did remove stock hinges pin? I thought that I read some where that the pin is punching out from the bottom.

Thanks,
Cal
travinh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #110
Fjordforder

I would imagine the same as another, I poke mine out from the underside and fit it back in by tapping it in from the top.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #111
fpk762
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 166849

remove the top cover and use a little punch like the one in the cleaning kit, tap from the bottom of the pin up out the top.
fpk762 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #112
Fjordforder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpk762 View Post
remove the top cover and use a little punch like the one in the cleaning kit, tap from the bottom of the pin up out the top.
this

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #113
travinh

Fpk762,
Can you check your psa ak muzzle threading?
My psa ak muzzle threaded is about 1/8 inch longer than my polish and rommy ak. The two US made Muzzle compensators that I have wonít work due to the long muzzle threads in my psa ak.
On other hand, my psa ak muzzle detent plunger has the very weak spring and stick out about 1/8 inch vs 1/4 inch on my polish and rommy ak. I am worried that muzzle device may disengage due recoil and weak spring.

Is there a crush washer that work with ak muzzle, so i can tie down my muzzle device like an ar-15?

Thanks,
Cal
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #114
DevJames

AKaholic #: 193787

File down the back side of the device until it's properly timed instead of messing with washers. It's not that hard.

Set the file on the table and run the brake down it so it removes material evenly then touch up with a cold blue pen. Give it a few strokes and check it. It might take a little while but should get you seated nice and tight with no wiggle using the retention pin in the notch.
DevJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM   #115
logan09

AKaholic #: 22120

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJames View Post
File down the back side of the device until it's properly timed instead of messing with washers. It's not that hard.

Set the file on the table and run the brake down it so it removes material evenly then touch up with a cold blue pen. Give it a few strokes and check it. It might take a little while but should get you seated nice and tight with no wiggle using the retention pin in the notch.
If I'm reading it correctly his barrel is threaded longer from the front sight block causing the slant brake to not even thread on fully
logan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #116
travinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
If I'm reading it correctly his barrel is threaded longer from the front sight block causing the slant brake to not even thread on fully
Exactly, the slant brake supplied by psa will thread all the way to the sight base, the US made flash hiders that I have wonít thread all the way in and they have a gap about 1/8 of an inch space between the sight base and muzzle device.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #117
plastikman47

AKaholic #: 188391

Quote:
Originally Posted by travinh View Post
Exactly, the slant brake supplied by psa will thread all the way to the sight base, the US made flash hiders that I have wonít thread all the way in and they have a gap about 1/8 of an inch space between the sight base and muzzle device.
I picked up some of these small delrin type washers at ACE hardware. Sanded them down a bit and they filled up the space on my first PSAK.
plastikman47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #118
DevJames

AKaholic #: 193787

https://www.carolinashooterssupply.c...sher-rifle.htm
DevJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:37 AM   #119
logan09

AKaholic #: 22120

Quote:
Originally Posted by travinh View Post
Exactly, the slant brake supplied by psa will thread all the way to the sight base, the US made flash hiders that I have won’t thread all the way in and they have a gap about 1/8 of an inch space between the sight base and muzzle device.
Just use a Peel washer for an AR15. It should fit fine, just have to file a notch out for the plunger. That way you can time it perfectly too. If you want one I can mail you one out for free. Just PM me.
logan09 is online now   Reply With Quote