Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Survival and Preparedness

Notices

Old 05-21-2017, 11:05 PM   #36
Ram Rod
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 182786

Just shit outside in the woods or the back yard. Bucket shitter? Seriously? Some of you preppers perplex me sometimes. Too many plans and overthinking shit (sorry....I mean to say stuff). Geez criminy! Season yourself or eat right where you only have to shit twice in 24 hours or less. I do it all the time. Find a favorite log or stump to hang your ass over and let 'er loose. I'd be less concerned with where to shit and more concerned about what to wipe with. Keeping a clean ass is essential. What the hell are you gonna do when your 5 gallon bucket is full of shit anyways? Wait on the flies? No.......your gonna dump it somewhere............................so why not just take your dump where you would dump it? You can't tell me that you've stocked up on five gallon buckets for shit instead of water and food. I suppose you'll have a cushion for the rim too.
Quite honestly...................I do get a good laugh out of you preppers/survivalists sometimes. No offense if preppers or survivalists are not the correct terms to describe, and yeah.....I think there's a difference for those really serious preppers or survivalists, but I'm not sure. I'm a realist and don't put myself in either of those categories simply because I don't want to be labelled as either or. This conversation is just one good reason why.
But damn! Y'all got to put your big boy pants on and quit worrying about trivial shit (again......my apologies.....should have said 'stuff'). Some of you are going to be the first ones to give up and run to the first AAA porta potty put up by the establishment forces like a mouse in a trap. I'm sure there will be plenty of Charmin soft ass wipe and that minty blue smell with a wet plastic seat to stick your ass to. Enjoy it is all I can say, because I have no pity. Separate the men from the boys, the doers from the dreamers, the serious from the undecided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook76 View Post
...Humans, for the most part, are fucking stupid.
Ram Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:24 PM   #37
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
Just shit outside in the woods or the back yard. Bucket shitter? Seriously?
Guy lives in an apartment house in the northern suburbs of Milwaukee, where he plans to "ride out" two weeks of a no water / sewer / electrical service emergency situation.
Quote:
Don't mind me, kids! Your playground is the only open area with soil available.
Again, I wonder how long it's gonna be before the human race devolves to grunts and gestures for communication.
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:08 PM   #38
Cornpone
Bubba Gump of Corn

AKaholic #: 181728

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
I assume you don't have a place for an outhouse?
The guy lives in an apartment building.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #39
John A.

AKaholic #: 178172

I guess the responsible thing would be to hold it for two weeks or whenever the power and sewer comes back online.

God forbid he pisses off of the fire escape.
John A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #40
Ez556
Junior Novelist

AKaholic #: 184679

RG Coburn has an idea of where I'm coming from. The apartment building I live in is two stories and has 8 units (unit on each corner like 4-square), and the area isn't dense urban, but it's certainly not backwoods. Now obviously I can go outside if need be but since I am going to have a bucket at my disposal (for my disposal, hehe), I want to be prepared to be able to use it in any instance I may need to. I will have toilet paper as well Ram Rod, and bags to line the bucket to dispose (no crap sitting for days), I'm simply trying to figure out a good solution to keep it relatively sanitary. Now while I am fine with going outside myself, my wife is not as inclined to take a squat by the treelike and do her business, especially because in such an instance there is likely to be snow, rain, or some other "event" that caused us to not be able to use the toilet in the first place, so I want to have a solution ready for her. Come on, this is the AKFiles. "Better to have and not need that need and not have." "Be prepared for any situation that you may find." "When you wait until you need it, it will be too late." If I have a bucket I store supplies in, I just want to be prepared to use the bucket effectively for whatever I may need it for. From what I've already gathered, a few bags with kitty litter or lime in them rolled up won't take up much space and will do the job of keeping things relatively sanitary.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #41
c0dy33
Odin Akbar

AKaholic #: 158752

I'd just crap in the bags full of sawdust and take it to the dumpster. Not much else you can do in the urban and suburbs unless you have your own land. A shot of bleach in your piss buckets will keep them from stinking also.

"I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees." -Stéphane Charbonnier (1967-2015)
c0dy33 is online now   Reply With Quote