Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Galils, Valmets and the R series

Notices

Old 08-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #141
ddnc
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 174853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
....,,The first production run will be sold through a Patreon-only deal, to be announced later. It's a major channel, we don't have a patreon.
What does that mean???^^^
I thought they would be available at first through Copper Custom???
ddnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #142
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 171780

Ya what ddnc said, also where did you get an FA Galil ACE?
Old 08-30-2017, 11:05 PM   #143
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

AKaholic #: 146752

Copper Custom and Military Arms Channel are going to offer the first ones for sale to the MAC Patreon supporters. It's a cool service that lets you back content creators you like for as little as $1 so they don't have to generate garbage on YT to stay monetized or accept shill money.

Copper made a purchase of the first run.

IWI demo of course. In this instance, at Big 3 East
Old 08-30-2017, 11:12 PM   #144
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Copper Custom and Military Arms Channel are going to offer the first ones for sale to the MAC Patreon supporters. It's a cool service that lets you back content creators you like for as little as $1 so they don't have to generate garbage on YT to stay monetized or accept shill money.

Copper made a purchase of the first run.

IWI demo of course. In this instance, at Big 3 East
So these won't be available to the general public unless you are a Patreon supporter or am I confused?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:29 PM   #145
mtnrider

AKaholic #: 180348

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnc View Post
So these won't be available to the general public unless you are a Patreon supporter or am I confused?
Yep, the first runs any way. You have to pay to play these days I guess.

It's going to piss some people off on here off that's for sure. I don't care if it's "only" a $1 per month, it's the principle. And nothing says he will offer them to the $1 level members? There are different levels of membership and he can make that offer only available to the top tiers if they want.

Edit: I just read his patron site. The $1 per month gets you nothing. Next tier up is $5 per month and again nothing say's he will offer them to you at that level.

Booo.

Last edited by mtnrider; 08-31-2017 at 10:48 PM.
mtnrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:42 PM   #146
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

Just the first sets. Unless Tim buys all the first production run we will also have them on our site etc. no worries guys - we will keep making them as fast as we can.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:57 PM   #147
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

AKaholic #: 162925

Quote:
Just the first sets. Unless Tim buys all the first production run we will also have them on our site etc. no worries guys - we will keep making them as fast as we can.
Not worried, just majorly disappointed in how you're doing this. Basically it looks like you're strung all of us along with teases to promote this since November of last year. Now that you finally have some for sale all of us that have followed this with great expectations get thrown under the buss and you arrange this, in my opinion, bogus "exclusive" first availability on an exclusive offering between you and CC. Really disappointed in you Horse. If CC needs to scam memberships for this Patreon deal he has he should have figured out something else. I see it as a big tarnish on you and Tim. Just sayin...
Old 08-31-2017, 11:00 PM   #148
mtnrider

AKaholic #: 180348

^ Bingo.

mtnrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:46 AM   #149
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

Not sure I follow.
IWI makes changes to rifles, we have to make changes to rail. This delays release. This has happened several times in the last two years. I also paused for the election fair enough. But not intentionally stringing anything along. I don't preorder, accept money or anyway put the end user at risk until things are ready to go. Yes this takes more time, yes it's frustrating for people who want to buy them, but it's also frustrating for me trying to sign off on designs, get production tooling, get approved blasting and anodizing process controlled vendors for everything we don't do, then do it all again in volume every time IWI changes something.

As for who gets what first, it's actually the way everyone does business, not being exclusive etc. When you make X parts and your vendors contact you and say I'll buy X number, they buy them. If they order Y, you have a surplus you can also sell.

If I make 50 AKML uppers and Atlantic buys 50 of them, I have to go make more before I can sell them. It's not manipulating anything. CC was the first vendor to contact us with an order for rails, so they get the first ones out the gate. Other will follow rapidly.

I hope to pick up the first production GAR-10MN from anodizing today to approve finishing quality/process/control and then we will ship them the first batch of GAR-10M's

I refuse to rush product to market and end up having to cut corners to do it.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #150
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Not sure I follow.
From the rest of that answer it's apparent you don't. Look I'll just wait until they're available to us peons and buy one if I like it and think it's worth it. Please don't try and dazzle me with anymore bs mumbo jumbo. Just keep making good stuff for a decent price and life will be good.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:41 PM   #151
chris514scott

AKaholic #: 189215

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-91 View Post
From the rest of that answer it's apparent you don't. Look I'll just wait until they're available to us peons and buy one if I like it and think it's worth it. Please don't try and dazzle me with anymore bs mumbo jumbo. Just keep making good stuff for a decent price and life will be good.

So it's Horse's fault that a distributor bought all of his first run? Once a distributor buys a product it's up to them how they sell it. Horse mentioned earlier in this thread that Copper Custom would receive the first shipment so I don't know why you're acting so surprised. If MAC and Copper want to help out the guys that support them first then so be it because it will be THEIR MERCHANDISE and they can sell if how THEY want it. If you really want one of the first ones pledge a Damn dollar and get one don't take it out on Horse. Before you say anything, YES a $1 pledge will get you access to MAC's early product releases and group/discount buys. I know because that's what I pledge and I have received the opportunity to purchase his deals.
chris514scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:40 AM   #152
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris514scott View Post
So it's Horse's fault that a distributor bought all of his first run? Once a distributor buys a product it's up to them how they sell it. Horse mentioned earlier in this thread that Copper Custom would receive the first shipment so I don't know why you're acting so surprised. If MAC and Copper want to help out the guys that support them first then so be it because it will be THEIR MERCHANDISE and they can sell if how THEY want it. If you really want one of the first ones pledge a Damn dollar and get one don't take it out on Horse. Before you say anything, YES a $1 pledge will get you access to MAC's early product releases and group/discount buys. I know because that's what I pledge and I have received the opportunity to purchase his deals.
Manufacturers and distributors can conduct their business any way they want, not an issue for me. CC/MAC can conduct their business any way they want, not an issue for me. I don't take advantage of paying "juice" to get early anything I just look for quality products at the best price I can find and to me the CC Patreon is just a gimmick to fund a pet project, doesn't interest me and never will. If I want to support something by my purchase I will and do which is why I buy a lot from AKOU. The issue for me is how the thread took on a life of its own over the last 11 months and generated a lot of interest to which Horse was the major influence. To me it just didn't set well that now that availability is almost here the first availability will be limited to buy "if" you pay the juice for it. The way this has turned out just makes me feel manipulated which I don't like and so voiced my opinion. You can spend your money any way you like, and I do the same, but if I think I'm being played I'm going to say so. I don't have any problem with the quality or price of RS products, I have many and will have many more. What I have a problem with is how this particular product came to life. I waited 11 months so far, and I'll just live with the wait until there is more market availability from another vendor who I'd rather deal with anyway. I'm really not that unhappy with the stock fore grip on my ACE anyway, but like others got swept up in the excitement the thread produced over time. I still need 4 or 5 more rail mounts anyway so I'll put the grip way on the back burner.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #153
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

...anyways
So my guess is that MAC will do a review video of the handguards as well since he's stated that he was going to do that in the past on the 5.56 ACE Rifle video as a 'release' for these new handguards at Copper Custom

Hopefully we see some pop up other places as well so that A) there's more competitions and availability, and B) RS's products get some more exposure
Old 09-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #154
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

It will be nice to finally see it mounted and what it looks like.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #155
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Manufacturers and distributors can conduct their business any way they want, not an issue for me. CC/MAC can conduct their business any way they want, not an issue for me. I don't take advantage of paying "juice" to get early anything I just look for quality products at the best price I can find and to me the CC Patreon is just a gimmick to fund a pet project, doesn't interest me and never will. If I want to support something by my purchase I will and do which is why I buy a lot from AKOU. The issue for me is how the thread took on a life of its own over the last 11 months and generated a lot of interest to which Horse was the major influence. To me it just didn't set well that now that availability is almost here the first availability will be limited to buy "if" you pay the juice for it. The way this has turned out just makes me feel manipulated which I don't like and so voiced my opinion. You can spend your money any way you like, and I do the same, but if I think I'm being played I'm going to say so. I don't have any problem with the quality or price of RS products, I have many and will have many more. What I have a problem with is how this particular product came to life. I waited 11 months so far, and I'll just live with the wait until there is more market availability from another vendor who I'd rather deal with anyway. I'm really not that unhappy with the stock fore grip on my ACE anyway, but like others got swept up in the excitement the thread produced over time. I still need 4 or 5 more rail mounts anyway so I'll put the grip way on the back burner.
91 does have a valid point, these were supposed to be on the shelves 6 months a ago. At this point I will most likely stick with the factory ones and besides the gun this was supposed to go on has been MIA for a year now. I've gotten NFA stamps back faster.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #156
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

Amen to that - I wish we had these on the market 6 months ago!

But then there would also be a lot of ticked off 5.56 and .308 people as IWI changed the HG design on those after we signed off on final designs.

It's a struggle to work with IWI Israel some times.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:32 PM   #157
Orders2

AKaholic #: 191149
Default Effect of IWI manufacturing changes

So.... is the RS Regulate Galil Ace handguard STILL going to be "caliber agnostic"? Or have those IWI .308 and 5.56 changes meant that there will have to be differing RS Regulate models to fit the differing calibers?

Don't really care, just want to be sure that whatever RS Regulate sells STILL well fits a circa mid-2016 Galil Ace 7.62x39.

Last edited by Orders2; 09-08-2017 at 09:33 PM. Reason: style
Orders2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #158
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Hell ya RS, apparently we'll see this debuted the first week of October
Old 09-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #159
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAK47 View Post

Hell ya RS, apparently we'll see this debuted the first week of October
Yeah but when can you realistically expect to purchase one with out the pay to play thingy?
Old 09-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #160
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Yeah but when can you realistically expect to purchase one with out the pay to play thingy?
Ya, you just have to wait until someone else sells it or wait for the pay to play bs to stop
Old 09-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #161
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

We will have some of the first batch on our web store as well. It will be available to anyone.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 AM   #162
GAR

AKaholic #: 193623

anything other than black in the initial run?
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:37 AM   #163
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAR View Post
anything other than black in the initial run?

No just black for the first ones. We have some samples of AK-300 Modular Side Mounts that we did up in type three hard anodized "coyote" that are very cool, but still not production ready, and eventually we will probably offer some in alternate cerakote. But first run is GAR-10M in black only.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #164
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

A full pic of it would be nice.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #165
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
A full pic of it would be nice.
Agreed x100. Don't see the reasoning behind partial pics.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #166
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Agreed x100. Don't see the reasoning behind partial pics.
Something about Midwest Industries stealing their idea, that and also "marketing"

Which, I mean really now, MI's stuff has been released, just put your full pics out already!!! Especially if the rail that ends at the gas block
Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #167
HK-91
Way out of box thinker

Quote:
Something about Midwest Industries stealing their idea, that and also "marketing"

Which, I mean really now, MI's stuff has been released, just put your full pics out already!!! Especially if the rail that ends at the gas block
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000
Old 09-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #168
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

I just realized how perfectly the top of the handguard runs next to the top rail
Old 09-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #169
ddnc
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I just realized how perfectly the top of the handguard runs next to the top rail
...and it rides higher covering the gas tube unlike the MI version but like the OEM version. I'm sure they will be pushing $200.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #170
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
...and it rides higher covering the gas tube unlike the MI version but like the OEM version. I'm sure they will be pushing $200.
Ya... damn it
Old 09-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #171
Orders2

AKaholic #: 191149

I would like to see some pix from up near the gas block.
Black is great.

Last edited by Orders2; 09-14-2017 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Add color comment.
Orders2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:12 AM   #172
Rudyelf

AKaholic #: 183663

Quote:
BS mumbo jumbo? Are you seriously dazzled by economics/business 101? Why would a business want to string along potential customers? I would understand delays because of something further up the supply chain (as is the case here, IWI's changes are well documented). I would also understand last minute changes to a drastic market swing, say MLok just came out and people were dumping KeyMod en masse. But that isn't the case here, since Horse said both versions were coming out from the start. A response to a competitor's product? MI, no offense, but on aesthetics alone...sorry MI. To hype up the product? This isn't a rap album. To test demand? It would have to be the shittiest forecast model ever.

Being upset at Horse for whatever a vendor, in this case CC/Mac wants to do is kinda dumb. Waiting for it to be available is the smartest thing. Always has been. But going through this thread, it is easy to spot the "instant gratification" crew. Same dudes that call the NFA branch every six weeks (or email Uncle Ted directly, SMH). Be patient people.

Horse, heads up on the next tantrum. When you disclose the MSRP. "For that price I'm just gonna get the Zhukov, looks better and works better. Whaa." Or "I'm so glad I got the MI." As for me, IF it is a bit pricier than what I expect...I'm just gonna wait, saving up for some cans and hopefully on APC9...and then maybe, pay attention to the Ace. And if it is priced where I expect, then I will get it and something else will have to wait. C'est la vie.
Rudyelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #173
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyelf View Post
BS mumbo jumbo? Are you seriously dazzled by economics/business 101? Why would a business want to string along potential customers? I would understand delays because of something further up the supply chain (as is the case here, IWI's changes are well documented). I would also understand last minute changes to a drastic market swing, say MLok just came out and people were dumping KeyMod en masse. But that isn't the case here, since Horse said both versions were coming out from the start. A response to a competitor's product? MI, no offense, but on aesthetics alone...sorry MI. To hype up the product? This isn't a rap album. To test demand? It would have to be the shittiest forecast model ever.

Being upset at Horse for whatever a vendor, in this case CC/Mac wants to do is kinda dumb. Waiting for it to be available is the smartest thing. Always has been. But going through this thread, it is easy to spot the "instant gratification" crew. Same dudes that call the NFA branch every six weeks (or email Uncle Ted directly, SMH). Be patient people.

Horse, heads up on the next tantrum. When you disclose the MSRP. "For that price I'm just gonna get the Zhukov, looks better and works better. Whaa." Or "I'm so glad I got the MI." As for me, IF it is a bit pricier than what I expect...I'm just gonna wait, saving up for some cans and hopefully on APC9...and then maybe, pay attention to the Ace. And if it is priced where I expect, then I will get it and something else will have to wait. C'est la vie.
Why would RS not release a full photo at this time? Their only competitor already played their hand, and as far as anyone who has seen the two products the RS stands alone in the looks department from what has been seen, why not tip the scales in your favor if someone is on the edge about it?

As far as price, if you can afford an ACE you can afford the handguards, but if it's not anything different from MI's in what it delivers, then how is a $60 swing in this case ($200 is purely hypothetical) justified for aesthetics alone? I'd like to see the entire handguard to know! Also, as a side topic, I along with others will want to see reviews as to how they perform

whether you like the response here or not doesn't matter, by Horse coming on here and talking directly with his customer base, however emotional some are, he's getting free info and suggestions from the very people who are interested in purchasing said product, we're a very niche and select market, so even though we're crazy at times, think of how much you can gauge your actual market here and think of how much one move can affect support, pretty smart to just engage at minimum, test the pulse of the consumer, and get a feel for what can sell and how it should sell-because even though your consumers are difficult, they are the ones who wield the monetary power

Last edited by MAKAK47; 09-15-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Removed insult
MAKAK47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #174
Horse
Veteran Member
Vendor

I was here for years as an enthusiast before I became a manufacturer and vendor. I know the value in the people here. It's not often you can see the direct pipeline.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #175
MAKAK47
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I was here for years as an enthusiast before I became a manufacturer and vendor. I know the value in the people here. It's not often you can see the direct pipeline.
I remember when you first came out with photos of your mount and I was blown away, but was worried it would come and go like other products and vendors had, really glad you did what you did, how you did it, and completely changed the market

I have one of your modular side rail mounts, love it

Keep up the good work, we know you deliver, we just really really wanna see this thing