Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 03:03 AM   #1
Jim in

AKaholic #: 188053
Default Dad films kids hilariously trying to figure out how a cassette works

Once again we see why Britons are the poster children for "there's a limit to intelligence, but absolutely no boundary whatsoever to stupidity."

I feel as though I should apologise [sp] for how their educational system has failed them, however it appears that, in this case at least, parenting is set to overcome this particular void in the youngsters knowledge in a very memorable fashion.

Ultimately parents must retake the responsibility of "teaching your children" from the indoctrination and deliberate failure to inform style of "education" if civilization is to survive.

Enjoy the funnay.

Quote:
Dad films kids hilariously trying to figure out how a cassette works

Quote:
The 39-year-old unearthed his old tape collection on a trip to his dads, and can be heard giggling in the background as his children,12-year-old Archie, 10-year-old Oscar and nine-year-old Grace, struggle to figure out how to use them.
Jim in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:47 AM   #2
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

Fake news. Everything YouTube is scripted.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:46 AM   #3
mike in pa

AKaholic #: 159261

Stupid Britts. No wonder they are being taken over by mooslims.
mike in pa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:54 AM   #4
SAVAGE11
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 158321

Theres a reason those morons drink warm beer!

((DB)) #69 BaconBalls
SAVAGE11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:56 AM   #5
panzertruppe
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 3934

Ok,

Just to be fair, or a devils advocate, yutes in America are candidates here too... Unfortunately...

I was just stunned how the fundamentals weren't there... 2 reels, the tape, the rotating wheels, vcr tapes from past on a tv show... Oh well, my kids have a box of junk in garage, full of stuff like this, whether they know what it's for or not... Man they can do some crazy stuff with it...

panzertruppe
panzertruppe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #6
pinakar
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 165735

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVAGE11 View Post
Other than because they make beer that doesn't have to be below 33 degrees to be tolerable..?
Old 09-13-2017, 08:46 AM   #7
paratrooper101
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 4790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
Fake news. Everything YouTube is scripted.
This.
paratrooper101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #8
Renov8
Pax Americana-Invicta

AKaholic #: 122038

Can you believe anything coming from any Left leaning SJW site? Its as fake as the day is long!

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"
JFK

"As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."
Renov8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #9
KernelKrink
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 2036

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVAGE11 View Post
Because they us Lucas Refrigerators?
KernelKrink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #10
ncreptile
Bill the Butcher for President
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 165174

Heh, now I'm feeling older. CDs were just starting to come around when I was a young kid.

Tell the girlfriend often that if we have kids they won't know wtf to do with a VHS tape.

I doubt this was scripted, it seems simple to us but the new generation has everything automated and small. So "listening to KISS on cassette" may literally translate in their minds to the cassette itself being the device.
ncreptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:59 PM   #11
giantpune
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188807

This doesn't make the kids stupid. The education system has not failed them. They just don't know how to use some old piece of technology. They've probably never seen an 8-track, either. Hell, I can probably count on 1 hand how many people I've met that know how to use a toaster from the 1700s. People get along fine every single day not knowing how old gadgets work.

It just means you're getting old and the shit you know is getting less important.
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #12
PorkEatingCrusader

AKaholic #: 183717

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike in pa View Post
Stupid Britts. No wonder they are being taken over by mooslims.
Yep
Old 09-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #13
BrianJ

AKaholic #: 158069

I have a friend who's kids did something similar but not nearly as clueless. They found an old Walkman and played with it for a while. When they told their folks about it they called it the "thing that plays square CD's"
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #14
Spook76

AKaholic #: 161291

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
This doesn't make the kids stupid. The education system has not failed them. They just don't know how to use some old piece of technology. They've probably never seen an 8-track, either. Hell, I can probably count on 1 hand how many people I've met that know how to use a toaster from the 1700s. People get along fine every single day not knowing how old gadgets work.

It just means you're getting old and the shit you know is getting less important.
Yes, it does...and...Yes, it has. They're not simply displaying a lack of knowledge about "old" technology; they're demonstrating a lack of critical thinking and mechanical reasoning. We're not talking about designing a solid-fuel rocket motor from scratch, and without some education. Looking through the holes in the wheels to view a music video? Wow...

Nobody had to show me how to use a record player, 8-track or cassette player...It's fucking obvious what goes where (especially as the respective slots/players for cassette and 8-track are labeled on the appropriate device, and only fit one way). One of those kids in the video thought he'd broken the cassette, because the tape went loose...Gee, tape spanning two wheels--maybe, just *maybe*, if you turn the wheels the right way, the tape might get tight, again.

There are reasons Idiocracy and jokes like "there's no button for that" were made, and it's not due to people today just not understanding "old" technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ View Post
I have a friend who's kids did something similar but not nearly as clueless. They found an old Walkman and played with it for a while. When they told their folks about it they called it the "thing that plays square CD's"
Hey, at least they could grasp that the "square CDs" go into a device intended to play them...That's far better than what's shown in the OP's video...lol
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #15
RunsWithScissors
3.5" of semi-automatic murder penis

AKaholic #: 162236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook76 View Post
Yes, it does...and...Yes, it has. They're not simply displaying a lack of knowledge about "old" technology; they're demonstrating a lack of critical thinking and mechanical reasoning. We're not talking about designing a solid-fuel rocket motor from scratch, and without some education. Looking through the holes in the wheels to view a music video? Wow...

Nobody had to show me how to use a record player, 8-track or cassette player...It's fucking obvious what goes where (especially as the respective slots/players for cassette and 8-track are labeled on the appropriate device, and only fit one way). One of those kids in the video thought he'd broken the cassette, because the tape went loose...Gee, tape spanning two wheels--maybe, just *maybe*, if you turn the wheels the right way, the tape might get tight, again.

There are reasons Idiocracy and jokes like "there's no button for that" were made, and it's not due to people today just not understanding "old" technology.

Hey, at least they could grasp that the "square CDs" go into a device intended to play them...That's far better than what's shown in the OP's video...lol
RunsWithScissors is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #16
Spook76

AKaholic #: 161291

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunsWithScissors View Post
Lol, if anything, I might give that kid some credit for finding an alternate method of getting the block in the tub.
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #17
GuzziMike
DEPLORABLE

AKaholic #: 159432

Well, they are on their way to Engineering Skool....

---

PALMS 7.62-39: Though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for I wield a mighty AK, and I'm Reckoning to Go Medieval on thy Marxist Demons

GuzziMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:47 AM   #18
freakazoid

AKaholic #: 162555

These kids eventually figured out how things work, of course they started with the device first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk_vV-JRZ6E

Is that what the Brits call the AUX cable, treating it as an initialism instead of an acronym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunsWithScissors View Post
LOl That kid is going places. Technically he isn't even wrong, he put the square block through the square hole.
freakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:57 AM   #19
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 3738

Schools use equipment that is 50 years old.

I just bought a new car that doesn't have a cassette player, only a CD player.

I bought a new car only a few years ago that had a cassette player.

Cassettes are still about the easiest and cheapest way to make recordings, without all of the software hoopla.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #20
katb
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 179861

This kind of stuff happens here in the USA also. I know some young kids and they do lack simple trouble shooting skills. The ability to match shapes like that gif above escapes them. Yes I have watched one kid fumble with a m14 mag while trying to get it into a AK.

Many parents just do not put in any effort with their kids to undo the shit the schools are doing.
katb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #21
Claymore
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 186415

Kids don't even know who John Wayne was...

they are ignorant of "old" technology, have no clue about 8 tracks, cassettes, circular dial phones, and manual can openers.

But they sure know how to use a smart phone or xbox.

John 14:6

DEATH TO ANTIFA!
Claymore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #22
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 3738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Kids don't even know who John Wayne was...

they are ignorant of "old" technology, have no clue about 8 tracks, cassettes, circular dial phones, and manual can openers.

But they sure know how to use a smart phone or xbox.
My phone is rotary phone.

A woman knocked on the door one day and asked if she could use the phone.

She wasn't super young, but a bit younger than me.

I watched her use the phone, just to make sure she didn't make some expensive international call.

She looked at the phone and gave me a look.

I don't know if it was the type of phone or she she didn't like me watching her use the phone.

Her call was local and went through alright.

The rotary phone works with the fiber optic service I have now.

Somebody on the internet complained about those black bx VOIP services when his mother couldn't call the police using 911 and called him to call the police.

I have the police, fire and utility numbers all right next to the phone.

Who doesn't keep the non-911 numbers available?

Couldn't his mother figure out how to call the police without 911?

Maybe look up the number if needed.

I can dial a rotary phone faster than a touch tone phone because my finger, "knows" where the numbers are.

I have to really look at a touch tone phone to pick the numbers.