Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 06:53 AM   #106
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 173263

Guys, there is no point to fight between ourselves. Just spread the word and try to help your friends to spot problems ahead so they will avoid "kaboom " situations. Just watch those bolts - pre mature deformation is a dead giveaway.

Mishaco just said laud what most of us were suspecting. Whole situation is just sad.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:47 AM   #107
Maxbob
Banned

AKaholic #: 192926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Medium View Post
And THAT'S the problem. Idiots thinking that the RAS is in any way a representative of the AK. It is nothing but a cheap look alike, and giving the most prolific rifle of all time a poor reputation among dumbasses.

MAX, we've had words before. This time I'll simply tell you to go back to ARFCOM and tell everybody there that AKFILES sucks, and so does the whole AK "platform"

You are the weakest link....goodbye!

Oh and by the way,

Haha Tap, Rack, BOOM Muthafucka!!:rofl_sm al:rofl_sm al

Yes we have had words. Your the guy with little man syndrome aren't you ? Lmao
And that only happened cause that guy didn't clear his jam. Probly shooting ammo he reloaded. Just shows how much your input is valued. But hey, if I lived in a commie state I'd have a chip on my shoulder to. Personally, I think you just need laid.

Last edited by Maxbob; 09-13-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Maxbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:09 AM   #108
LXD55
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 177980

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG-em View Post
Most fuds will never put 500 rounds through their rifle, let alone 3000. This seems to be what Century is banking on.

For the rest of us who actually shoot, don't touch these pieces of shit.

Thanks for the post Ski.
In your post you show lack of thought. If you knew what a fud was you would know they would never own one. But hey gotta try and ..
LXD55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #109
soul rebel
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 167399

"Facts of the matter:
#1. Rob's word concerning AKs is Gospel"

Robski will be the first one to tell you that isn't the case.
soul rebel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 AM   #110
LXD55
Curio & Relic

Robski is 2 words. That is a case.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #111
gun papa
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 8912

Enough with the bullshit talk.

Too late of a reminder, on the belt off to the Grinder. papa
gun papa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #112
crotalus
Devil in Baggy Pants
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 183149

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaco View Post
Ouch, that might be going too far....I mean I don't like the RAS47 and find its defenders annoying, but comparing them with Hilary and her supporters? thats harsh man, harsh.
Before the election the RAS47 was triggering a lot of guys to come on here. It was really intense and I think that might be why we are "harsh". Someone spams your accounts on Facebook or Youtube for "harassment", repeatedly tries wrong passwords until your accounts are locked, etc...gets old. I've been told on more than one occasion and seen the same guy threaten to call law enforcement on others for disagreeing on the RAS47.

PSA has great customer service, CAI makes the highest quality AK rifles, the G3 is an archaic weapon, 5.45x39 is a dead caliber, and the Department of Veteran Affairs defines excellence.

Last edited by crotalus; 09-13-2017 at 09:00 AM.
crotalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #113
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 173263

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul rebel View Post
"Facts of the matter:

Lol, man, there are people on this forum who know more about AKs than i will ever know.
Seriously, i'm not a "guru" or anything like that. I'm just a trigger puller and i simply report what i'm seeing.
One of the big beneficiary factors is fact that AKOU has huge group of followers and people message me about their experiences all the time, so it is easy to spot patterns of failures and etc.
But i'm not an "AK whisperer" or anything like that. I study, i try to learn and share info so others can have this "joy" as well. That's it. If someone is looking for "AK guru" - that simply it ain't me...
Old 09-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #114
LXD55
Curio & Relic

yeah but you talk funny and have 3000 posts and make good videos and don't seem to run outta boolitts.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #115
Floivanus

AKaholic #: 191191

Quote:
Century sources raw/incomplete castings for the RAS47's front trunnion from a company in Korea. This company isn't a gun company (its not Daewoo or rather the new company that used to be Daewoo), but rather just a metal foundry that makes parts for all kinds of handtools and home appliances.
I have no idea of the grade or quality of the raw steel they begin with either. They've never talked about that and my source inside Century was never told.

Century does final machining here in the USA to form these castings into true trunnions. They use little to no testing to check for weak spots or air bubbles in the metal. They definitely do not X-Ray or Magnetic Particle testing
And there's nothing wrong with making money...but it shouldn't be your ultimate and final goal.
Tim at Military Arms owns a gunshop, as does Blaine with Atlantic. Of course they want to sell guns and make money....at the same time, i trust both to not sell something that is unsafe and/or a complete piece of shit. I trust them that if it came to it, they'd choose to loose money over selling a customer something they knew to be defective or bad. Also that they care more about gun rights and the 2nd than money.
Century would be miles ahead to just source raw bar stock here for the RAS47 parts, of appropriate type, and add a process or two to their manufacturing than waste money on cheap rough castings.

Also Atlantic and Copper Custom (Tim's shop) are run by enthusiasts who are pro 2A, anti NFA and enjoy firearms, much like AKOU, AKOU store etc. Support true 2A lovers and forget the rest. We all know what companies are run by anti-gun businessmen and Fudds
Floivanus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #116
Tankboy
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 183589

Quote:
Um, have you ever actually sat down and listened to Hilary talk for more than 5 minutes?
It starts to feel like you have a piece of trunnion lodged in your forehead.
You know, that pain right in your temple, that annoying one that just never seems to go away.

Century sources raw/incomplete castings for the RAS47's front trunnion from a company in Korea. This company isn't a gun company (its not Daewoo or rather the new company that used to be Daewoo), but rather just a metal foundry that makes parts for all kinds of handtools and home appliances.
I have no idea of the grade or quality of the raw steel they begin with either. They've never talked about that and my source inside Century was never told.

Century does final machining here in the USA to form these castings into true trunnions. They use little to no testing to check for weak spots or air bubbles in the metal. They definitely do not X-Ray or Magnetic Particle test.

The RAS47 situation is very simple. A company known for producing economy level firearms has tried to build an AK from scratch on as tight a budget as possible, at a time when it was being foreclosed on by a bank. Century has massive debts and is on many "shitlists" in overseas nations. In Russia....well, lets just say they pissed off the wrong people, and I mean people who think themselves above the law, because they essentially make the law there. I know this sounds dramatic, but there's more and things I wouldn't be comfortable mentioning online. Its enough to say Century has burned a lot of bridges in Eastern Europe.

Its an AK made cheap for a certain demographic of the US civilian sporting public. Obviously, not us and Century could care less about us as again--not their target demographic.

Really, why are we even continuing to talk about the damn thing in thread after thread? Rob showed us a long time ago its shit, and yeager really just confirmed that. That wasn't his intention, but he's ridiculous statement has only reconfirmed his a century mouthpiece and either a bumbling old man who can't count or a liar. There I said it. Those are the 2 alternatives. And yes it is ok to question Rob. We should always question methodology (in a respectful manner). It can only serve to increase our knowledge and someone like Rob's testing. The fact we can question AKOU, and they can reply back with actual answers and photos is what sets them apart from Yeager.

And Rob, don't feel bad that Century hasn't listened to you and Mel. They aren't interested in improving the RAS47. They are interested in increasing quarterly profits.

You know who is on Century's board? Hilary Clinton, Michael Moore, and Dian Feinstein....ok lol not really but honestly, its not gun people. Its businessman who could give two shits about the 2nd amendment, the AK "platform,' or the shooting public.
After 2008 and the gun business becoming so profitable, many people in the business world decided to invest in gun companies...again not because they love guns like we do, but because they saw a chance to make a quick buck. They could care less if they destroy the company and hurt people down the road, as they'll leave just as soon as they make their mint.
Ian at Forgotten Weapons has a great history of Colt Firearms, and in it he talks about what has been done to that company...how it was gutted and the name whored out in recent years. Its a great video and Chris Bartocci helped Ian with it, so check it out.
Anyway, that's what can happen to any gun company now, and the RAS47 is a product of just such a system and mentality.

They,
Don't,
Fucking,
Care,

About us, about their name, about the RAS47, about anything...except making money.

And there's nothing wrong with making money...but it shouldn't be your ultimate and final goal.
Tim at Military Arms owns a gunshop, as does Blaine with Atlantic. Of course they want to sell guns and make money....at the same time, i trust both to not sell something that is unsafe and/or a complete piece of shit. I trust them that if it came to it, they'd choose to loose money over selling a customer something they knew to be defective or bad. Also that they care more about gun rights and the 2nd than money.

And this is why Atlantic's WBP isn't crap and why the RAS47 is.

Century knows their guns are defective and even dangerous, and just doesn't care. They have lawyors on staff and most gun owners do not, and they know this too.
+1 I always looked at Century AKs as Toy's R Us guns lol.
Tankboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #117
soul rebel
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 167399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ski View Post
Lol, man, there are people on this forum who know more about AKs than i will ever know.
Seriously, i'm not a "guru" or anything like that. I'm just a trigger puller and i simply report what i'm seeing.
One of the big beneficiary factors is fact that AKOU has huge group of followers and people message me about their experiences all the time, so it is easy to spot patterns of failures and etc.
But i'm not an "AK whisperer" or anything like that. I study, i try to learn and share info so others can have this "joy" as well. That's it. If someone is looking for "AK guru" - that simply it ain't me...
You are the man, Rob! Keep up the great work. Enough of the bullshit talk.
soul rebel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:21 PM   #118
mishaco

AKaholic #: 190226

Going to be doing a video later today on a Polish PMKM we slapped together in about an hour using a kit from Arms of America. Nothing fancy; matching 1967 dated, blued finish, and yes on one of the dreaded (lol) Morrissey receivers as its what I had laying around. Childers are great but waiting 4-6 weeks for one really slows things down.

Simple & easy, and cost about $700+labor to complete. Mostly just did a couple for fun....you know fun, that thing we used to have with AKs before they became so vastly popular here in the USA and so many people became super-serial about them.

I miss fun.

And Rob is 100% right. I live in Arkansas and came originally from just about the fuddiest little town you're going to find. the AK is the fud's 21st century replacement for the double barreled shotgun. I guess we all grew up watching Red Dawn? hehe

And I also 100% agree, we don't need to fight amongst ourselves. there are plenty of liberal Social Justice Warrior boards we can go troll if just looking for a fight.

At the end of the day, I think (hope) all here are Pro-2nd, Pro-AK, and Pro-...well just liberty to do whatever the hell we want just as long as it doesn't impact our fellow citizens' rights to do the same.
I believe firmly that this nation was founded with the principle of live & let live...well that and 'slavery is ok'...but hey, the founding Fathers weren't perfect saints and we got things right....eventually.
And hey, it took guns to fight for the right there too. So I say they've done a lot of social good....there's your initial argument for that SJW board. Go forth and annoy Hilary supporters! (and blow their assholes.....blow them out I mean....not the other kind of blowing.....unless that's your thing, in which case, I judge not!)

Have a good day folks, I'm off to work.
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #119
voron
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 174098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxsmart View Post
I snapped a crappy $1.49 Harbor Freight wrench once, and the course cast metal looked just like those broken trunnions. Seriously, the RAS47 is to the AK what Pittsburgh® is to hand tools.
agreed, but BUT the coolest thing about Harbor Freight cheap ass chinese line of Pittsburgh tools is the fact that you broke it, you walk into the store and they give you a new one. NO questions asked.

ask me how I know

as far as this bullshit goes, i dont even know why on earth anyone would buy us made ak, when the real deal is still around.

i had no clue they were calling it GOLD STANDARD. its century, after-all............

BAN SIG 2017
voron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #120
Extra Medium
Dis Member

AKaholic #: 188133

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul rebel View Post
"Facts of the matter:

Although he is quite modest. Can you think of any non factual information he has published? Can you think of any time he has been dishonest? He may not be the walking encyclopedia that Misha or GP is, but he has never steered anybody wrong.

Like I said, Gospel.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #121
Extra Medium
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbob View Post
Yes we have had words. Your the guy with little man syndrome aren't you ? Lmao
And that only happened cause that guy didn't clear his jam. Probly shooting ammo he reloaded. Just shows how much your input is valued. But hey, if I lived in a commie state I'd have a chip on my shoulder to. Personally, I think you just need laid.
You're the guy who said this:

Quote:
Wow. Thanks Rob.

But as Yeager said one time, if you pull the trigger and it still goes bang, is there really a problem ? It might not deform anymore and shoot another 3000 rounds. Just saying
You have no clue wnen it comes to the worlds most prolific rifle, so you should just stick to playing with your lego gun.

You're also the guy that stops by to stir the pot occasionally with a remark you know will get people riled up. You're not worth my time. But.........

That AR sure looked like it was cleared to me. Wouldn't have fired if it wasn't. Tap rack boom.

Reload? Maybe but more likely not. Neither of us will ever know.

Anyway, I'm quite content in my so called commie state. But you have no clue where I am so I'll just say your assumptions are incorrect. While there's more to do where I live than cow tipping, It is by no means a Commie state.

Ya know, I've met some pretty decent people from Kansas, but you couldn't pay any of them enough to move back there. Have fun at the Dairy Queen parking lot this weekend, as I know that is the absolute epitome of a good time in Kansas.

BTW, I was busy getting laid as you were writing you silly reply. Have a nice day.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #122
praxidike

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:
Although he is quite modest. Can you think of any non factual information he has published? Can you think of any time he has been dishonest? He may not be the walking encyclopedia that Misha or GP is, but he has never steered anybody wrong.

Like I said, Gospel.
Something about a Bosnian AK comes to mind
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #123
Fire4Effect
Tap, rack, bang

AKaholic #: 181925

So why no class action lawsuit yet? Same goes with I.O.? Surely there is some lawyers out there that want a pay day.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #124
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 182849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
So why no class action lawsuit yet? Same goes with I.O.? Surely there is some lawyers out there that want a pay day.
I assume no blood, Century gives him a new rifle, everyone is happy.....
64890 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:09 PM   #125
Maxbob
Banned

Quote:
You're the guy who said this:

You have no clue wnen it comes to the worlds most prolific rifle, so you should just stick to playing with your lego gun.

You're also the guy that stops by to stir the pot occasionally with a remark you know will get people riled up. You're not worth my time. But.........

That AR sure looked like it was cleared to me. Wouldn't have fired if it wasn't. Tap rack boom.

Reload? Maybe but more likely not. Neither of us will ever know.

Anyway, I'm quite content in my so called commie state. But you have no clue where I am so I'll just say your assumptions are incorrect. While there's more to do where I live than cow tipping, It is by no means a Commie state.

Ya know, I've met some pretty decent people from Kansas, but you couldn't pay any of them enough to move back there. Have fun at the Dairy Queen parking lot this weekend, as I know that is the absolute epitome of a good time in Kansas.

BTW, I was busy getting laid as you were writing you silly reply. Have a nice day.
I do have a clue where you live. And I'm pretty sure you can't even have suppressors. Lol. That must suck. Especially for such a big time shooting guru like yourself.
It's Ok, I can shoot off my families Catepillar Combine that's worth more than everything you own next to our cattle with our cans. I won't reply to your stupid liberal comments anymore, you make everyone feel dumber
Old 09-13-2017, 03:40 PM   #126
Extra Medium
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxidike View Post
Something about a Bosnian AK comes to mind
Ok ok. You win. I'll never believe Rob again.

I guess he's just a fricken wasr shill.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #127
xbtgnowtytan

AKaholic #: 186611

xbtgnowtytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #128
Extra Medium
Dis Member

Quote:
I do have a clue where you live. And I'm pretty sure you can't even have suppressors. Lol. That must suck. Especially for such a big time shooting guru like yourself.
It's Ok, I can shoot off my families Catepillar Combine that's worth more than everything you own next to our cattle with our cans. I won't reply to your stupid liberal comments anymore, you make everyone feel dumber
Incorrect again, but keep trying. I'm getting a nice chuckle out of it. Must be nice to live off your parents though. Me, I've been making my own way since I was 16. Have fun with daddy's toys!
Old 09-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #129
Maxbob
Banned

I will. It's nice to come from a good Catholic family that cares about taking care of our children from generation to generation. Guess it's why so many realize we are better
Old 09-13-2017, 04:06 PM   #130
wormraper

AKaholic #: 192990

Boys boys. You're both pretty. So kiss and make up
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #131
praxidike

AKaholic #: 191101

Quote:
Incorrect again, but keep trying. I'm getting a nice chuckle out of it. Must be nice to live off your parents though. Me, I've been making my own way since I was 16. Have fun with daddy's toys!
Quote:
I will. It's nice to come from a good Catholic family that cares about taking care of our children from generation to generation. Guess it's why so many realize we are better
Whatever happened to Rob's word being gospel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ski View Post
Guys, there is no point to fight between ourselves
praxidike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #132
Extra Medium
Dis Member

Quote:
So now you think you're better than us not fortunate enough to be born into money in the middle of nowhere? Between that and your ignorant comments about aks, you're not gonna make too many friends here.

An elitist from Kansas. Now I've seen everything.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #133
Extra Medium
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxidike View Post
Whatever happened to Rob's word being gospel?
It is, when regarding aks. It's fun to bicker and argue on here, but when it comes down to it, were a pretty united bunch. Truce? Or do I have to comment on your ass?
Old 09-13-2017, 08:14 PM   #134
Maxbob
Banned

Quote:
So now you think you're better than us not fortunate enough to be born into money in the middle of nowhere? Between that and your ignorant comments about aks, you're not gonna make too many friends here.

An elitist from Kansas. Now I've seen everything.
There is a lot of good people on here. Will make lots of friends. You on the other hand, you are rude and inconsiderate. I'm sure many people don't care for your negativity. Oh, and I have no doubts I am better than you.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:33 PM   #135
RF57
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

AKaholic #: 162727

Quote:
And THAT'S the problem. Idiots thinking that the RAS is in any way a representative of the AK. It is nothing but a cheap look alike, and giving the most prolific rifle of all time a poor reputation among dumbasses.

MAX, we've had words before. This time I'll simply tell you to go back to ARFCOM and tell everybody there that AKFILES sucks, and so does the whole AK "platform"

You are the weakest link....goodbye!

Oh and by the way,

Haha Tap, Rack, BOOM Muthafucka!!:rofl_sm al:rofl_sm al
Hey... We should start a thread titled " Another S&W Sport bits the dust".

I can contribute. Blown up on factory Federal 223. It was such a great rifle for the first 700 rounds though.

RF57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:28 PM   #136
boutcha
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 172420

^narly

My cousin just bought an MP a few months ago.

NOS Chinese Spiker Set, NOS Stock, Spiker Kit
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326214
IWD Chinese Spiker Stock Set, New, Extra Lower $225
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...98#post4183298
Hungarian IWD Stock Set
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319273
boutcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:03 PM   #137
Extra Medium
Dis Member

Quote:
There is a lot of good people on here. Will make lots of friends. You on the other hand, you are rude and inconsiderate. I'm sure many people don't care for your negativity. Oh, and I have no doubts I am better than you.
Oh I seriously doubt you will. You are a genuine snob. Quite contradictory to the majority of humble people I've known over the years from Kansas. I guess the anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in all of us.

The only negativity you've seen from me is pointing out the fact that inferior rifles like the RAS and C39 give newcomers (and dumbasses) an incorrect impression of the durability of AK rifles in general. Not to mention of the capability of US manufacturing to copy such a simple and effective design. I may use a few curse words here and there, but that in no way makes me inconsiderate.

You come on to a forum focused on AKs (which you seem quite ignorant about) and spout about how low end ARs never blow up in your face. Do you also go onto Dodge Viper forums and tell them how superior Corvettes are? I will continue to call you out every time you do this.

Now let's get to the heart of the matter:

You claim to be better than me because you come from a Catholic family with money. Let me tell you something pal, there is no pre written recited prayer, Priest, Bishop, or Marxist Commie Pope who can grant you forgiveness or everlasting life. Nor will any amount of inheritance you receive. That honor belongs to Christ and Christ alone. I suggest skipping the pageantry, the vain repetition, the worshiping of mortal men, and trying to start a personal relationship with God from your own heart, not reading from a pre scripted card.

So continue bragging on how much "better" your possessions, your farm, and your perverted religion make you. You have no idea who I am, where I come from, what I've been through, or what I believe. See, I don't judge my worth upon my bank account or other worldly things such as how much money my family has made. When we stand judgement in front of our maker, we'll see exactly who's "better".
Old 09-13-2017, 10:38 PM   #138
wormraper

AKaholic #: 192990

I wouldn't worry about him Extra Medium... he's known as an obnoxious troll over on Arfcom too.
wormraper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #139
mishaco

AKaholic #: 190226

Well, I've been working for the last 11 hours..whats been going on with all you'ns here?
mishaco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:53 PM   #140
chewbacca_chump29

AKaholic #: 180913

Quote:
No, what you said was:

Which clearly questioned the circumstances of Rob's info and in turn, [Ilikely not meaning to[/I], but in fact did, question the integrity of his post.

Then doubled down with:

Facts of the matter:
#1. Rob's word concerning AKs is Gospel.

#2. The tRASh 47 has proven over and over and over and over again to be garbage.

Why would you question the great Robski? He doesn't need to provide any more info. This is just another example to throw on the pile of blown out sub standard AK look alikes Century is flooding the market with while throttling the importation that the have a virtual monopoly on.

No further explanation of circumstances is necessary in this case. If it was an Arsenal, or a VEPR, or pretty much any other rifle that has a decent reputation, more details would be obligatory. But for a RAS? It's just another piece of garbage on the heap.
I agree with you that Robs word about AKs is gospel. He has done so much for the AK community. Rob is the fucking man. Hell when Rob does a push up, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
chewbacca_chump29 is offline   Reply With Quote