Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #71
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170546

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyguy333 View Post
Seems like an overengineered solution to a problem that doesn't exist. For a red dot, is an RS Regulate not sufficient?
No.

Don't get me wrong, I like RS sidemounts and that's saying a LOT because I fucking despise sidemounts in general, but if I want to mount a conventional scope on an AK that's the only way to go, superb equipment.

But the Attero is cheaper, lighter, and no side-mount-clunkiness to deal with.
((DB)) Deplorable Basterd brigade #47
Dragynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #72
MattyZ28
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 175207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragynn View Post
No.

Don't get me wrong, I like RS sidemounts and that's saying a LOT because I fucking despise sidemounts in general, but if I want to mount a conventional scope on an AK that's the only way to go, superb equipment.

But the Attero is cheaper, lighter, and no side-mount-clunkiness to deal with.
Plus my side folder still side folds. Lol
MattyZ28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #73
TX-Zen

AKaholic #: 161660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragynn View Post
Zen, given the responses that followed, are you gonna try to say you were completely innocent of purposefully mindfucking these poor noobs with the string comment? Just look at what's going on now....sheesh....
Man don't drag me into this. I've done it before to check for canted gas blocks and whatnot

http://RussianOptics.net
TX-Zen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #74
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Zen View Post
Man don't drag me into this.
It was kinda tongue-in-cheek, sorry.

But I have to say I seriously doubt the value of "string-checking" a WASR.

Plus it will lead to heartbreak and noobs selling perfectly good rifles.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #75
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 183128

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyguy333 View Post
Seems like an overengineered solution to a problem that doesn't exist. For a red dot, is an RS Regulate not sufficient?
In a way it is, but variety of different setup or approach is not always a bad thing and it give people something based on their preference.
Personally I just don't think it's designed properly. I would have made it more like Parabellum top rail setup (the RSB portion) but with larger screw and possibly two screws.

And as for folders, imo it's a gimmick. I own 4 folders and don't used them (folding) or even have a desire to, even when transporting. Good telescopic stock is more then suffice for a rifle to be compact or even deployed in a vehicle.
Bacon&AlcoholDistributor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:40 AM   #76
Longshot725
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 168398

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyZ28 View Post
Plus my side folder still side folds. Lol
I've never tried an Attero, I'm sure it's the tits but my folder works just fine with the RS.
Longshot725 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #77
crang11

AKaholic #: 24567

My rifles with rails have RS, underfolders and ones that came without rails have Atteros. Variety is nice! They are both great. Kumbaya-
crang11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #78
MattyZ28
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot725 View Post
I've never tried an Attero, I'm sure it's the tits but my folder works just fine with the RS.
You never shot my AMD-65? And your folder is broken.... lol, doesn't it fold to the right?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:38 PM   #79
Longshot725
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyZ28 View Post
You never shot my AMD-65? And your folder is broken.... lol, doesn't it fold to the right?
Nope, never got to shoot your AMD-65, that weekend flew by.

And if it ain't RIGHT it must be WRONG.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
-Thomas Paine-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
...Go to hell. Enjoy the ban. Get tapeworm.

PTR 91-A3S Review///PTR 91 Sticky
Old 09-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #80
MattyZ28
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Nope, never got to shoot your AMD-65, that weekend flew by.

And if it ain't RIGHT it must be WRONG.

See, you're cheating. Though my AMD-65 could technically swing both ways.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:20 PM   #81
ugroza

AKaholic #: 183657

Started this thread to inform others of the flaw that i discovered, because no one seems to say anything about it.
It quickly fired up with name calling and made up accusations based on ones opinion.
Then somehow i became an owner of crooked WASR, even thought i never held one in my hands.
Now it calmed down to discussion about which way folder on AMD65 swings
ugroza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #82
MattyZ28
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugroza View Post
Started this thread to inform others of the flaw that i discovered, because no one seems to say anything about it.
It quickly fired up with name calling and made up accusations based on ones opinion.
Then somehow i became an owner of crooked WASR, even thought i never held one in my hands.
Fostech adapter, stormwerkz hinge and CNC Warrior Triangle stock. The stormwerkz hinge can be flipped to let the stock fold either way.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #83
sboone
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 179556

Quote:
Don't let him fool you, he's talking about which way his and swings but he's not really talking about the AMD HAHAHAHAHAHA

"When I die, I want to be buried 1" below the surface that way 1/2" of me can still poke up to say "hey there pretty lady."."
sboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #84
Longshot725
Curio & Relic
Contributor

The disparity of opinions about the Attero is stunning. Usually a piece of equipment gets universal praise or scorn here at The Files.

It doesn't appeal to me personally but my rifles have side rails.

I do know that it works as advertised on MattyZ28's rifle or he would not tolerate it.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:37 PM   #85
imacbo

AKaholic #: 4161

It seemed to mount up nice and tight on my Bulgy but I wont know for sure until tomorrow when I get to hit the range.
imacbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #86
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
The disparity of opinions about the Attero is stunning. Usually a piece of equipment gets universal praise or scorn here at The Files.
I know right? It's kind of like the cilantro of gun accessories.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #87
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
Srsly? You really think your WASR is 100% straight, no cant anywhere, everything lined up perfectly?

In truth, it's best you keep thinking that. Nothing wrong with that rifle. You start checking and you'll get upset, and then you'll sell a rifle that shoots fine despite what are actually normal flaws in the model.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:11 PM   #88
imacbo

Well my Attero mount seems to be ok. I shot 100 rds with it today with zero shift after getting zero. But I was not doing anything crazy just a little run and gun.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #89
ugroza

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacbo View Post
Well my Attero mount seems to be ok. I shot 100 rds with it today with zero shift after getting zero. But I was not doing anything crazy just a little run and gun.
Push it with a thumb to the left and right while watching your dot (or what ever you have mounted there). Does it shift and not return to zero like in my pics?
If no - you g2g.
If yes - get ready for Dragynn to dump a pile of emotional nonsense on you.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:43 PM   #90
imacbo

No it is solid, no shift by pushing on it. I did not do anything too tough just some run and gun.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:33 PM   #91
ugroza

Awesome, glad it works for you!
I dont see point of putting it under too much stress. It is a solid mount if it mounts properly. You are more likely to destroy your optic before you will do any damage to it.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:37 AM   #92
ugroza

I think i found solution to the issue, feel confident about it.
Used a screw from RS side mount instead of the provided roll pin. Updated original post with pictures.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:27 AM   #93
imacbo

Im glad you found something to make yours work. I have a question in the last pic it looks like your gas tube lever will hit the screw or is it just the angle of the pic.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #94
JerrySexton
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 162417

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacbo View Post
Im glad you found something to make yours work. I have a question in the last pic it looks like your gas tube lever will hit the screw or is it just the angle of the pic.
I'm pretty sure it will. Might try going left to right instead of right to left.
JerrySexton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #95
ugroza

Correct, it will, but i clean my rifles once in few years. Even then gas tube only comes off for rust preventive measurements if im somewhere in wet environment.
bigger deciding factor for me is that this mount is not cut evenly, including build in rear sights, and it sits a bit off to the side on my rifle. I removed picture of that due to all the whining, but ill post it here for reference to what im talking about.
So if i use screw to apply pressure from the right, that will align mount with the rifle. If from the left, it will be off to the side. Obviously rear sight will shift as well, so that is another bonus on top of everything else

Last edited by ugroza; 09-17-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #96
Dragynn
Curio & Relic
Contributor

Quote:
If yes - get ready for Dragynn to dump a pile of emotional nonsense on you.
ROTFL!! yeah kid, i'm totally crying in my beer over a clueless noob and his sloooooooow learning curve about AK's (cause that hardly ever happens..lololol).

Your RSB is not straight, most Wasr's aren't. There's a hundred ways to fuck up slightly when machining a piece like that, and Ivan+vodka means you will see all of them eventually.

Your pictures reveal that you've been taking the mount off and on, so i'm guessing you never loc-tited it in the first place, and i'd be willing to bet you didn't locate the nut properly before tightening it down either.

You do know roll pins come in many sizes right? Really really cracking up at the whole socket-head screw thing, not quite as funny as the one guy I saw using drywall screws, but you're getting there.

Problem is not the part, it's the operator. You clean your rifle "once in few years" is it? wow.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #97
case mouth

AKaholic #: 185886

Just got a "blem" rmr mount in mail today for amd 65. Didn't find a "blem" , mouted easy, lined up great, looks great. Super happy with FWIW.
case mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #98
plnkr

AKaholic #: 191185

Hi Guys,

Just got an Attero RMR mount for my SLR107FR. Fast shipping...I got it within a few days of my order.

I installed it per the video, and the mount and the plate with the nut both fit very snugly into their respective places on the sight block. Once the roll pin was placed and the screw tightened down, there was no perceivable play in any direction and everything appeared straight. I used blue loctite on the screws and torqued the RMR to 11 in/lbs and the mount to 18 in/lbs. The roll pin and screw/nut/plate attachments seem pretty solid.

I had a brief chance to sight it in. I first sighted in the irons to point of aim at 25 yards and had to back the front post out about a turn. The windage was pretty much dead on and arguably required only a tiny amount of adjustment.

I then sighted in the RMR to point of aim at 25 yards. The dot cowitnesses as it should on the front sight post in the lower 1/3, or maybe less, of the field of view.

I fired off a few mags and then checked again for tightness. All screws were still tight. I have a little concern that the heat from the sight block may weaken the blue loctite on the mount screw that attaches to the nut/plate, but it's pretty torqued down, and I marked it with a paint marker to show if the screw starts to back out.

So far, it seems like a good mount that fits the SLR and my purposes quite well. I wanted to still be able to fold my stock and didn't want to put my RMR over the gas tube with an Ultimak. I could see how a bigger sight cantilevered out on the mount might give others a concern, and if I were mounting a magnified optic I would probably opt for a side mount. For a red dot and especially the RMR it's a lightweight and compact package that should hopefully hold zero enough within a red dot's margin of accuracy.

The only thing lacking is the ability to QD the sight, but with the built in BUIS it shouldn't be too much an issue; and to make it QD would add bulk and likely raise the sight up higher altering the cheekweld and making a cowitness BUIS not possible. Overall, I'm happy with it and am considering another one for my underfolder.

Best

Last edited by plnkr; 10-03-2017 at 08:20 PM.
plnkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:18 PM   #99
rebelbadger

AKaholic #: 192816

Ok, I really like this idea, but tell me, do they make a mount to take a heavier optic? Maybe not a full blown scope but maybe a 3x red dot or something akin to that? I just cant justify the spending of 170 plus for the RS. Its a great product but far to expensive for my wallet. I'm not cheap just practical. And since I run a Npap, my options are limited.
rebelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:26 PM   #100
rebelbadger

I would also point out that the Sabrewerks is pretty sweet but with two drawbacks. 1. The cost, and 2. It must be installed by a gunsmith. Thats why Im hoping the Attero can handle a heavier optic then the tiny ones.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:36 PM   #101
ugroza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbadger View Post
I would also point out that the Sabrewerks is pretty sweet but with two drawbacks. 1. The cost, and 2. It must be installed by a gunsmith. Thats why Im hoping the Attero can handle a heavier optic then the tiny ones.
Dont see any in their store. Even if there was one id doubt it would be able to hold zero the way it is. I think its a bit too much weight for a roll pin to handle.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:48 PM   #102
rebelbadger

Thats what i was afraid of. To be frank there is no cost effective alternative out there for guys on a budget. You can get a RS product which is very expensive nearly 1/3 cost of the entire rifle, the Sabrewerks which again is even more expensive then the RS. or a TWS dog leg which is nearly the cost of the RS. Or, you go with an optic forward mount like the Ultimak which will make the use of a "scope" impossible. Its kind of s shit sandwich really. I currently just use a cheaper green dot and a UTG Pro quad rail which is very very bulky.