Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

Old 05-04-2018, 06:02 PM   #36
KernelKrink
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 2036

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg View Post
I have a mag like in your link, that I'm going to mail out to him. I'd rather see it go to a good home, then see it sit on my reloading bench.
I'm sure he will appreciate having the "correct" mag for his pistol, should up the value I would think. Dunno much about the collector value of these as they started making them in 1949 and just 30 years later in 1979 the 1 million serial numbered standard model rolled off the assembly line. Now THAT one has some value, it is in the NRA museum IIRC. Saw the thing in a gun rag when they made it, gorgeous engraving and white grips with the original red Ruger logo. (changed to black to honor Ruger's business partner Alex Sturm after Sturm died)

I do know used ones are hard to find around here, people who have them tend to keep them! When I was wanting to buy my first one, I looked for over a year before I found a standard model in the used gun case.
KernelKrink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #37
streetfighters

AKaholic #: 168255

I would love to get that puppy for $200.00. 6" barrel to boot and it will outlive you as well!
streetfighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #38
wanderson

AKaholic #: 170540

I have a 1964 MK I that’s been in the family since ‘65 or ‘66, it has NEVER been disassembled and still runs great. I’ve seen multiple videos on the takedown procedure but if it ain’t broke...

I do occasionally see the old MK I mags pop up on eBay, seem to run around $40 on average. Never seen a replacement zigzag spring for them so you take your chances. They’re slimmer than the new production MK mags, my new mags run fine but they drag a lot going in and out, making them hard to drop with that heel release.

Good pistols, they’re not hard to find in good condition for $250-$300 but the OP has the longer barrel which I don’t see often.
wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote