Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > Shotguns

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 PM   #106
Greg845

AKaholic #: 182057

Quote:
Originally Posted by codifier View Post
I dunno if that would end well. As I understand it the grip requires one to "choke up" on it towards the receiver, the adapter might bite you pretty good on anything above birdshot. Let us know how it turns out if you go that route.
https://www.voodootactical.net/shoot...ttachment.html

Something like this wouldn't be ok? Are you saying I could get some pinched me or jaming into my hand? I ask because I've never used an adapter like this before I'm pretty unfamiliar with using slings on shot guns or my rifles.

Last edited by Greg845; Yesterday at 11:37 AM.
Greg845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM   #107
smithy72
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187266

Yeah it is!! Mesa tactical is probably best quality out there. GG&G should be
worth looking at as well.
smithy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM   #108
codifier
Veteran Member
Contributor

AKaholic #: 170379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg845 View Post
https://www.voodootactical.net/shoot...ttachment.html

Something like this wouldn't be ok? Are you saying I could get some pinched me or jaming into my hand? I ask because I've never used an adapter like this before I'm pretty unfamiliar with using slings on shot guns or my rifles.
I am not sure having never tried it myself, but I believe that since it sits between your hand and the receiver and part of gripping the shockwave correctly is "choking up" towards the receiver your hand is going to be resting against it and when you shoot a stout load it would slam into your hand which could be painful.

Kind of waiting to see if someone else tries it first, but similar models or ones like this modded to have a sling all have a stud tapped into the end of the grip instead.

Quote:
All the power [the State] has is what society gives it, plus what it confiscates from time to time on one pretext or another;
there is no other source from which State power can be drawn. Therefore every assumption of State power, whether by gift
or seizure, leaves society with so much less power.

― Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy, the State
codifier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #109
Themagician1999
Contributor

AKaholic #: 166707

Interesting. Picked up my new Shockwave yesterday. Put it with the one I converted last year for a pic and discovered the "factory" version is about 5/16" longer. Not sure why they did that since the older version was already 26.5".

Themagician1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #110
smithy72
Contributor

AKaholic #: 187266

Quote:
Originally Posted by codifier View Post
I am not sure having never tried it myself, but I believe that since it sits between your hand and the receiver and part of gripping the shockwave correctly is "choking up" towards the receiver your hand is going to be resting against it and when you shoot a stout load it would slam into your hand which could be painful.

Kind of waiting to see if someone else tries it first, but similar models or ones like this modded to have a sling all have a stud tapped into the end of the grip instead.
Yeah your right about the grip, under recoil that plate will be painful.
smithy72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:59 AM   #111
jamf
jive ass mutha fucka

AKaholic #: 162754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagician1999 View Post
Interesting. Picked up my new Shockwave yesterday. Put it with the one I converted last year for a pic and discovered the "factory" version is about 5/16" longer. Not sure why they did that since the older version was already 26.5".

Mine's the same way, but my beads line up with each other when i hold em side by side, just a little more barrel on the factory one.
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #112
Libertarian Sheepdog

AKaholic #: 182589

Right from shockwave on adding a loop/swivel to the grip -

Quote:
Note that there is no predefined hole for a sling swivel stud on the Raptor Grip. This allows you to put your sling swivel wherever you want it on the grip–not just where we think it should go. Be sure to drill a 1/8″ pilot hole.
Seems simple enough.

Quote:
marty
November 23, 2015 at 10:33 am
Yes. Just drill a 1/8″ pilot hole. Thread in a wood-screw-thread-type sling swivel stud. And you’re off to the races. 🙂
It seems that the hardest part is going to be choosing between a two point or three point sling. A three point would allow it to be moved out of the way while working, while a two point is simple stupid. The three point would make it a lot easier to hip shoot, as well as absorbing some of the recoil.