Up to 60% Off Daily Deal Products. Palmetto State Armory
The Ultimate Gun Belt, US Made, Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping. Shop Now.
Gorilla Ammo Free Shipping when you order 10 Boxes or more.
Shop all the current Lone Wolf closeouts here

Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Handgun Forums > General Handgun Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How should you carry?
Off safe, round chambered 65 38.69%
On safe, round chambered 89 52.98%
Off safe, no round chambered 12 7.14%
On safe, no round chambered 2 1.19%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #71
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 185972
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Outer Limits
Posts: 4,903
Default

I carry it empty chamber w a neat little battery powered combo trigger lock on it. This thing is frickin AWESOME! You just spin the knob a few times back and forth and rack the slide and the lock flies right off.

LOL

I need to find a link to this (actual real) new trigger lock device. The video for it is all bad ass w a beard showing how fast he is at WORKING A COMBINATION LOCK when he needs the gun in a time critical incident.

And did I mention that it has a f-in battery?

Lol lol lol
__________________
Rev
Rev06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:34 AM   #72
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 137433
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt LakeCity, Utah
Posts: 2,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedTacoma View Post
Safeties are for nancies. And of course chambered while carrying AIWB!
That's known as the "Jenner Carry"!
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:51 AM   #73
El Trollo Mejor
Chorizo Picante
Contributor
 
El Trollo Mejor's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 186187
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Los Nopales
Posts: 3,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Teague View Post
Would somebody answer the phone?

The 1970’s are calling and they want their revolvers back...



Revolvers are still cool as shit and will kill bad guys dead. One of my most prized possessions is a 1970s era hand me down service six.
__________________


None of the above is legal advice, ese. All posts are the mere opinion of El Trollo. Think of abuelita before doing anything that might make you a criminal.
El Trollo Mejor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #74
c0dy33
Banned
 
AKaholic #: 158752
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 11,164
Default

I always carry with one in the tube. It'd be stupid not to. 21-foot rule...
c0dy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #75
Lane_H
TSSSICCAR
 
Lane_H's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182543
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ala-F'n-bama
Posts: 5,650
Default

unless i am reloading or cleaning it, my carry pistol/s are Hot and Ready- that is my "Safety"- knowing its hot, not just "Pretend" hot

fuck a Loaded Chamber Indicator- an empty gun will get you killed
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudburner View Post
Some people need to leave more often.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20
AL Kalash Group Thread^
Lane_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #76
Charlemagne
Curio & Relic
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 137433
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salt LakeCity, Utah
Posts: 2,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Teague View Post
Would somebody answer the phone?

The 1970’s are calling and they want their revolvers back...



Revolvers are better emergency guns than semi autos. They are reliable and low maintenance. In addition they have a manual of arms that is simple and intuitive yet safe.

Semi autos are a better choice if a person knows they are going into combat, especially if they are likely to be facing multiple opponents. Of course if a person knows they are going into combat a long gun (shotgun, carbine or full-sized battle rifle depending on circumstances) makes a better choice than a handgun.
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:40 PM   #77
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 253
Default

Most days I carry condition 3 since I do not live in a combat zone, I am not a cop, and its been many years since I left the USMC. The rule of thumb when I learned about a 1911 back then was more or less what I just said, and the training I learned from uncle Sam has not failed me yet.

However, if I have no choice and need to go to a high crime area, then I have carried condition 1, depending on if I am in a car, on foot, etc... risk assessment and situational awareness are key, along with training.

Before all of the "armchair extra-tactical, super Ninga, bionic operators" start screaming, I do practice removing my CCW (currently a 1911) from its holster and can go from condition 3 to ready to put a hole in something in about the same amount of time.

My advise is pulling the trigger should not be your primary response, avoid a bad situation if you can, if you cannot do that, then remove yourself quickly from the situation, having someone call you a few stupid names will not hurt you, if all else fails, remember, once you pull that trigger, you cannot take the bullet back and the odds are likely you will be arrested, put on trial, plastered all over the news what an evil #$%^& you are, and possibly go broke while trying to stay out of jail... and that is if you did everything correct and are 100% right, God help you if you are wrong...

Make your choices wisely, practice, be prepared...

In the end, its a matter of personal preference.

Just my 2 cents....

Last edited by flejl; 01-26-2018 at 10:52 PM.
flejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:56 PM   #78
Barth
Likes Suchkas
 
Barth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 168359
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Free Zone
Posts: 1,904
Default

Barth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:41 PM   #79
oakhandledsks
Curio & Relic
 
AKaholic #: 7249
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Orygun
Posts: 2,349
Default

Keister Stash, hot, safety off.
oakhandledsks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:56 PM   #80
JoeCorrado
FNG
 
AKaholic #: 193119
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Endless Summer
Posts: 747
Default

Plain and simple: I don't like safety's on carry guns and it's retarded to carry without one in the chamber. If you train to take your safety off prior to engaging the threat then you're the exception. No round in the chamber = organ donor.
__________________
I need a cheaper hobby...
JoeCorrado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:02 AM   #81
69Rebel
Building Helicopters for Mi General
 
69Rebel's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 179450
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SW WA
Posts: 5,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCorrado View Post
Plain and simple: I don't like safety's on carry guns and it's retarded to carry without one in the chamber. If you train to take your safety off prior to engaging the threat then you're the exception. No round in the chamber = organ donor.
Well, any organs that aren't perforated.
__________________
“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.”--William Pitt

That ain't a beer belly, son. It's a fuel tank for an ass-whoopin' machine.
69Rebel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #82
wsr
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172479
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Holly MI
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
Most days I carry condition 3 since I do not live in a combat zone, I am not a cop, and its been many years since I left the USMC. The rule of thumb when I learned about a 1911 back then was more or less what I just said, and the training I learned from uncle Sam has not failed me yet.

However, if I have no choice and need to go to a high crime area, then I have carried condition 1, depending on if I am in a car, on foot, etc... risk assessment and situational awareness are key, along with training.

Before all of the "armchair extra-tactical, super Ninga, bionic operators" start screaming, I do practice removing my CCW (currently a 1911) from its holster and can go from condition 3 to ready to put a hole in something in about the same amount of time.

My advise is pulling the trigger should not be your primary response, avoid a bad situation if you can, if you cannot do that, then remove yourself quickly from the situation, having someone call you a few stupid names will not hurt you, if all else fails, remember, once you pull that trigger, you cannot take the bullet back and the odds are likely you will be arrested, put on trial, plastered all over the news what an evil #$%^& you are, and possibly go broke while trying to stay out of jail... and that is if you did everything correct and are 100% right, God help you if you are wrong...

Make your choices wisely, practice, be prepared...

In the end, its a matter of personal preference.

Just my 2 cents....
So why do we have to be armchair extra blah blah blah blah blah....?
Does that make you a extra special clairvoyant Israeli double naught spy commando asassin? Because you can go from condition 3 to ready to put holes in “about the same time” ? Can you do it in about the same time with only one hand? Because if you have the time, space and availability of both hands you should probobly take your own advice and remove yourself from the situation
wsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:33 AM   #83
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 253
Default

WSR, do not believe anything I say, you are 100% correct...you know all....

Every person who choses to CCW has to make their own choices, based upon what they feel is right for them... they should never make a decision because an Internet forum said that is the way to do it....

Just be ready to handle the outcome for whatever decision you make, the results may last for the reminder of your lifetime ....

Last edited by flejl; 01-27-2018 at 11:40 AM.
flejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:11 PM   #84
wsr
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172479
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Holly MI
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
WSR, do not believe anything I say, you are 100% correct...you know all....

Every person who choses to CCW has to make their own choices, based upon what they feel is right for them... they should never make a decision because an Internet forum said that is the way to do it....

Just be ready to handle the outcome for whatever decision you make, the results may last for the reminder of your lifetime ....
That’s a hell of a non answer...I would say you should read and re read your last paragraph several times and take it to heart
wsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #85
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 253
Default

It's very simple, your noise is just not worth a response...
flejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:28 PM   #86
wsr
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172479
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Holly MI
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
It's very simple, your noise is just not worth a response...
And yet you did...passive/aggressively but you did LOL

why are you getting all upset? You are the one that started with the name calling of those who don’t agree with your silly choices
wsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:14 PM   #87
madmanmccoy
Curio & Relic
 
madmanmccoy's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 115894
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WISHIN' I WAS IN DIXIE... CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK..
Posts: 3,046
Default

If it's got a safety , use it saw two nitwits at a range years ago with one of those "Gov't. Model .380s....[380 size 1911] nitwit #1 dropped it, yup ,ended up pointed right at nitwit#2s foot ,luckily for them it was cocked&locked & probably that & the grip safety saved his foot......I left before any more hilarity ensued......

Never been a fan of Glocks & this incident reinforced THAT.....guy had a .40 glock , no idea which one , really small ,shortBBL , short 'grip'.....

Says : "Wanna try it?"

"Yeah" I proceeds to squeeze off round #1........ CLICK!
#2....CLICK!
#3........CLICK!
"Here, IDK if I'd want to bet my life on that one Bud"
"Kinda partial to Revolvers, I like to KNOW the SOB is gonna go off"
__________________
Be Without Fear in the Face of Your Enemies,
Be Brave & Upright,that GOD may Love Thee;
Speak The Truth Always ,
And Do NO Wrong:
Protect the Helpless Tho It Leads to your Death
madmanmccoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:54 AM   #88
Laufer
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 188070
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Lakeland TN
Posts: 963
Default

OP: I have no idea what is best for others, and what they do doesn't bother me.

My 'new' (used) Sig P229 .40 cal. and used CZ PO1 (9mm) are excellent guns, **Always carried loaded**.
Simply use the decocking levers, as we have done with our Makarovs (** Always carried loaded**).

Switching --Now-- to a totally different method is not for me (i.e. Israelis train with/carry empty chambers). No thanks. People behave according to habit patterns when reacting to Sudden, Terrible events.

Only one habit for me will be good enough for a while, and only carry the Sig, IWB.

Last edited by Laufer; 01-29-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Laufer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:32 PM   #89
Cowboys1
Veteran Member
 
Cowboys1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 188774
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hurst, Texas
Posts: 1,923
Default

I only have 1 DA/SA gun but it's a decocker not safety. CZ P-01. I carry with one in the chamber hammer down. If I did have a da/sa with a safety I'd carry cocked and locked. I thing it's pretty safe. Not only would the safety have to be disengaged but you'd also have the trigger pulled on accident. The odds of both happening I just don't see how it could if properly holstered.
Cowboys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #90
Aceshigh
Lt Topper
 
Aceshigh's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5008
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SCIF
Posts: 14,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
Revolvers are better emergency guns than semi autos. They are reliable and low maintenance. In addition they have a manual of arms that is simple and intuitive yet safe.
Agreed.

Better for women also in general IMHO. Most women will panic badly under duress, and
possibly limp wrist a shot, and stovepipe in a semi-auto. Zero risk in a
revolver, squeeze, squeeze.....

Only caveat to overcome is the hammer snaggin in their purse, but there's options for that.
My wife carries a 357 snub. I carry a Ruger LCR 357 summer carry in shorts

There's the added benefit of not dumping casings to chase either.
__________________


Quote:
Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort. John F Kennedy 1961

Last edited by Aceshigh; 01-29-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Aceshigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #91
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator
 
nalioth's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 5678
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 41,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Better for women also in general IMHO. Most women will panic badly under duress, and
Sexist pig

I think you meant to say "most people" instead of "most women".

An un- or undertrained person is far more likely to go fumblefingers when violently knocked outside of their comfort zone.



This is one reason training is so important.
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:01 PM   #92
savage
Senior Member
 
AKaholic #: 41960
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OK
Posts: 969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
Most days I carry condition 3 since I do not live in a combat zone, I am not a cop, and its been many years since I left the USMC. The rule of thumb when I learned about a 1911 back then was more or less what I just said, and the training I learned from uncle Sam has not failed me yet.

However, if I have no choice and need to go to a high crime area, then I have carried condition 1, depending on if I am in a car, on foot, etc... risk assessment and situational awareness are key, along with training.

Before all of the "armchair extra-tactical, super Ninga, bionic operators" start screaming, I do practice removing my CCW (currently a 1911) from its holster and can go from condition 3 to ready to put a hole in something in about the same amount of time.

My advise is pulling the trigger should not be your primary response, avoid a bad situation if you can, if you cannot do that, then remove yourself quickly from the situation, having someone call you a few stupid names will not hurt you, if all else fails, remember, once you pull that trigger, you cannot take the bullet back and the odds are likely you will be arrested, put on trial, plastered all over the news what an evil #$%^& you are, and possibly go broke while trying to stay out of jail... and that is if you did everything correct and are 100% right, God help you if you are wrong...

Make your choices wisely, practice, be prepared...

In the end, its a matter of personal preference.

Just my 2 cents....

I agree 100%, on the other side… If you ever have an accidental discharge within city limits God for bid the jury will not be instructed as to what you're sentence would be. They will find you guilty and the judge will give you a mandatory five years or something like that. If I go someplace that my situational awareness warrants me to - I will always chamber a round.
__________________
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" ~Samuel Adams

Molon labe!

Last edited by savage; 01-29-2018 at 11:09 PM.
savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:38 PM   #93
Lane_H
TSSSICCAR
 
Lane_H's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 182543
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ala-F'n-bama
Posts: 5,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage View Post
--
If I go someplace that my situational awareness warrants me to - I will always chamber a round.
so, you can use your "spidey" senses to tell when & where you are going to face a dangerous armed person?

joking asside--
i snipped the 1st part of your post, but really think about it..

--in ref to the very Slim possibility of a ND, its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudburner View Post
Some people need to leave more often.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20
AL Kalash Group Thread^
Lane_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:01 AM   #94
Rev06
Titanium Member
Bronze Contributor
 
AKaholic #: 185972
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: The Outer Limits
Posts: 4,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
Agreed.

Better for women also in general IMHO. Most women will panic badly under duress, and
possibly limp wrist a shot, and stovepipe in a semi-auto. Zero risk in a
revolver, squeeze, squeeze.....

Only caveat to overcome is the hammer snaggin in their purse, but there's options for that.
My wife carries a 357 snub. I carry a Ruger LCR 357 summer carry in shorts

There's the added benefit of not dumping casings to chase either.
And don't forget the ability to use down and dirty "contact" shots or shooting through heavy clothing without a semi-auto's risk of pushing the slide out of battery
__________________
Rev
Rev06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #95
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 253
Default

I am thinking the person that originally posted this thread had a need to get opinions on the topic, maybe they are new to CCW and do not have much experience or training... they may actually value sincere responses from people that have experience they do not.

There are allot of strong opinions on this, some people appear to make an honest attempt at an answer and provide the rational behind the thinking, some seem to just give an answer that makes you hope if they do have a license to carry, you hope they live far, far away...

I was fairly sure my original response would get jumped on by one or more of the people reading this thread that seem to have something to prove, at least to themselves and I was correct.

I still stand by what I said, under normal circumstances I carry with loaded mag, no round in the chamber unless I go to a bad area, then round in the chamber, hammer cocked, safety on. Under the "wrong set of circumstances", even the safety comes off and the finger is ready to cause a load noise.

Firearm safety is extremely important, and in the hands of an inexperienced person, a loaded weapon is more of a danger than an asset.

I do not carry a weapon just for fun, my wife has serious health issues and has limited mobility, this will significantly slow or prevent me from getting her away from danger, so I pay attention to what is around us and as I said previously, I practice, that cannot be said enough. I live in a low crime area, but have to take her into a bad area to help with the health problems and am very ware of how quickly things can go bad.

What practice means is more than just firing at a paper target, it means your draw from concealment, putting the weapon on target, engaging multiple targets, maneuver, cover, concealment, what situations to pull the trigger, and if needed, what situations you know you will have to take a bullet to protect what is dear to you and how you will respond.

For those that do not agree with my viewpoint, that is fine, you should conduct yourself in a manner that satisfies your needs, but understand just because it is right for you, it is not right for everyone else. In the end, I will do what is right for me and my family and I expect others will do the same, maybe some of what is said here will help some people, maybe it will not...

I read an earlier response in this thread that pointed to a very useful link, the concepts still apply today.

http://www.sightm1911.com/manual/Untitled-25.htm

Last edited by flejl; 02-02-2018 at 06:26 PM.
flejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #96
wsr
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172479
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Holly MI
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
I am thinking the person that originally posted this thread had a need to get opinions on the topic, maybe they are new to CCW and do not have much experience or training... they may actually value sincere responses from people that have experience they do not.

There are allot of strong opinions on this, some people appear to make an honest attempt at an answer and provide the rational behind the thinking, some seem to just give an answer that makes you hope if they do have a license to carry, you hope they live far, far away...

I was fairly sure my original response would get jumped on by one or more of the people reading this thread that seem to have something to prove, at least to themselves and I was correct.

I still stand by what I said, under normal circumstances I carry with loaded mag, no round in the chamber unless I go to a bad area, then round in the chamber, hammer cocked, safety on. Under the "wrong set of circumstances", even the safety comes off and the finger is ready to cause a load noise.

Firearm safety is extremely important, and in the hands of an inexperienced person, a loaded weapon is more of a danger than an asset.

I do not carry a weapon just for fun, my wife has serious health issues and has limited mobility, this will significantly slow or prevent me from getting her away from danger, so I pay attention to what is around us and as I said previously, I practice, that cannot be said enough. I live in a low crime area, but have to take her into a bad area to help with the health problems and am very ware of how quickly things can go bad.

What practice means is more than just firing at a paper target, it means your draw from concealment, putting the weapon on target, engaging multiple targets, maneuver, cover, concealment, what situations to pull the trigger, and if needed, what situations you know you will have to take a bullet to protect what is dear to you and how you will respond.

For those that do not agree with my viewpoint, that is fine, you should conduct yourself in a manner that satisfies your needs, but understand just because it is right for you, it is not right for everyone else. In the end, I will do what is right for me and my family and I expect others will do the same, maybe some of what is said here will help some people, maybe it will not...

I read an earlier response in this thread that pointed to a very useful link, the concepts still apply today.

http://www.sightm1911.com/manual/Untitled-25.htm

If you would have lead with that instead of the tuff guy name calling you probably wouldn’t have got made fun of
wsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #97
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 253
Default

There was no tough guy talk and I believe the observations in my first post are still 100% spot on.

I just expanded on the first response by adding in my personal reason for carrying and why I thought the thread may have been created in the first place.

Go back and read the entire thread and the responses, it is full of "locked ,loaded, no safety bravado." If an unknowing new to CCW person reads the responses they may think it is a great idea to carry in an unsafe manner. There are a few responses where someone tried to bring the tone of the thread back to a more sane place, but in most cases they get "a less than reasonable response."

My personal view is I could care less what Internet trolls think, If I did, then I most certainly should not be carrying a loaded weapon. However, I do care if someone asks for help or information and gets dumped on, that is what I saw in this thread so I responded accordingly.

Hopefully some of what I said will take root, if not, at least I tried.
flejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:24 PM   #98
Spook76
Moderator
 
Spook76's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161291
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
(snip)

Before all of the "armchair extra-tactical, super Ninga, bionic operators" start screaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
(snip)
There was no tough guy talk

My personal view is I could care less what Internet trolls think
Oh? Then why toss out names for your perceived opponents, then go on to mention how much you care about what "trolls" think? Pretty sure that's what WSR was referencing. I agree there's trolling, and some people don't deal well with debates, but you didn't exactly avoid some such replies by preemptively tossing out names.

Btw, the saying is supposed to go that you "couldn't care less", not that you "could".
__________________
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:43 PM   #99
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 253
Default

I see the armchair extra-tactical, super Ninga, bionic operators are upset....
flejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:49 PM   #100
Spook76
Moderator
 
Spook76's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161291
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
I see the armchair extra-tactical, super Ninga, bionic operators are upset....
So much for your obvious lie about "no tough guy talk." Responding to a civil, reasoned reply to your feigned innocence with more name calling isn't a good idea.
__________________
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #101
flejl
Member
 
AKaholic #: 306
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 253
Default

Read your response before you comment on what others have said.....

If you think anything I have written in this thread in any way remotely makes me a "tough guy", you have other problems...I stated where I learned to handle and operate firearms, that is all and it applies to the conversation.

What I see is a bunch of stupid responses to what seems to be a legitimate question, those do not seem to bother you, but my response to bad behavior does... very interesting....
flejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #102
Spook76
Moderator
 
Spook76's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 161291
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
Read your response before you comment on what others have said.....

If you think anything I have written in this thread in any way remotely makes me a "tough guy", you have other problems...I stated where I learned to handle and operate firearms, that is all and it applies to the conversation.

What I see is a bunch of stupid responses to what seems to be a legitimate question, those do not seem to bother you, but my response to bad behavior does... very interesting....
No...I simply tried to help explain what WSR seemed to mean by the comment. It's not you trying to be a tough guy solely due to your position; it was you suggesting others are (i.e. the names). I even said I agree there are trolls/people who don't deal well with debates.

Given that your reply to that civil response was to repeat the namecalling, foolishly suggesting I fit the description and was "upset", is itself a "stupid response".
__________________
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."--Robert Heinlein

"Never ask someone if they're from Texas. If they are, they'll tell you; if they aren't, there's no need to embarrass them.--Unknown wise observer
Spook76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #103
FOW1
Senior Member
 
FOW1's Avatar
 
AKaholic #: 180149
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NE OHIO
Posts: 586
Default

For carry, FNS9 and Shield; one in the pipe, no manual safety.
__________________
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." - Patrick Henry
FOW1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #104
wsr
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172479
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Holly MI
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
I see the armchair extra-tactical, super Ninga, bionic operators are upset....
Says the clairvoyant Israeli super naught commando assasin spy....lol
wsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #105
wsr
Member
 
AKaholic #: 172479
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Holly MI
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flejl View Post
Read your response before you comment on what others have said.....

If you think anything I have written in this thread in any way remotely makes me a "tough guy", you have other problems...I stated where I learned to handle and operate firearms, that is all and it applies to the conversation.

What I see is a bunch of stupid responses to what seems to be a legitimate question, those do not seem to bother you, but my response to bad behavior does... very interesting....
The fact that you think the level of millitary small arms training you keep touting is something special is hilarious...you are quoting training that is tailored to LCD
wsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The AK FIles