SWKS
GOOGL
EDIT
PHM
BAC
NTLA
CRSP
CELG

I sold my GM about 6 weeks ago and that was a mistake.
Sold my FL as that was a total bust. Expensive bust.
Not happy.

Those were my mistakes this year.
I made money on GM though. On all of my trades and then finally when I sold it. So I guess that wasn't that bad. Just thought I'd be able to re-enter at a lower price.

I got into the homebuilders a little.
Home inventories are down.
Hurricanes.
Etc.
So I thought I'd try 'em out a little.
I expect it to take awhile to realize a substantial profit.

I traded MU for a nice profit but it's still going up and it's not showing signs of slowing.

EDIT, NTLA and CRSP are my gene editing play.
Total spec.
May fizzle but if they take off, IOWs if gene editing pans out, they are going to skyrocket. Very cool stuff but very high risk. Not for the faint of heart.
I had my son pick up some.
Told him to just consider it gone.
Put the stock in the corner and ignore it.
It's a very small amount.
I have a little more and I bought all three of those involved with MIT and Harvard in the gene editing thing.

I'm not pushing it hard. Just want people to know what I'm thinking about them.

I sold a lot of my biotechs and pharma. They were up to 1/3 of my portfolio at one point but it's a small sector for me now.
They're likely not done going up yet but I took some profits.
Great share, I’m up 30% ytd and need to get more involved with my strategy but work has been so time consuming
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:42 PM   #982
drjarhead
MODERATOR and Mad Doctor

AKaholic #: 5952

IMO, stock market is currently in correction.

It's doing it by individual stocks.
Been seeing the trend for the last week or two.

Just MO.

drjarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:49 AM   #983
remauto1187
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 176620
Location: INDIANA (formerly Illinois) Cant imagine why I left there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjarhead View Post
IMO, stock market is currently in correction.

It's doing it by individual stocks.
Been seeing the trend for the last week or two.

Just MO.
I think you are half correct. Let me explain. I believe your first statement is exactly true except its been going on for around 2 months now. We are just starting to see the in your face evidence as you have noticed.
I also believe that we have a 50/50 chance of seeing the bubble finally burst in 2018. If I had to guess it will be after 2nd quarter of 2018. If job numbers continue on a downward trend (we know there will be Holiday layoffs reported in 1st quarter) and then 2nd quarter shows even worse results along with earnings going downward then the moons align. There is a vague chance that much of this could be cloaked and essentially put off the great hubba bubba burst until 2018 but Im poised for it in 2017.

The question is, what is going to happen with the rest of the world when it sees us going into another 2009 implosion. Whats the Trump group going to do? We all know war is great for business. Korea anyone? (I dont think we will attack because of the obvious fatality numbers in SK alone if it were to happen).

Summary: A mouse farts in Iraq gas goes up .35/Gal. A camel farts in Afghanistan and gas goes up .25/Gal. Both overnight. Trump throws shit back in rocketmans face and gas goes down .20/gal overnight. WTF! Crazy financial world we are in.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:02 AM   #984
Weaponmark
Curio & Relic
Vendor

AKaholic #: 176307

For you crypto fans, I think Bitcoin is going to have a major correction next month.

Its being driven up due to the upcoming forks. Investors are hoping to create some $ with multiple coins.

I will hold steady, even at a loss.

Want to save money building AND have the most authentic looking selector markings?

CLICK HERE!

LOOKING TO BUY: T2 OR T3 SOVIET THREADED AK47 BARREL

WTB APEX PURCHASED POLISH NSP3 SCOPE MARKED AKMSL PC00053 NrL-90058. It's out there!!!

Weaponmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #985
drjarhead
MODERATOR and Mad Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by remauto1187 View Post
I think you are half correct. Let me explain. I believe your first statement is exactly true except its been going on for around 2 months now. We are just starting to see the in your face evidence as you have noticed.
I also believe that we have a 50/50 chance of seeing the bubble finally burst in 2018. If I had to guess it will be after 2nd quarter of 2018. If job numbers continue on a downward trend (we know there will be Holiday layoffs reported in 1st quarter) and then 2nd quarter shows even worse results along with earnings going downward then the moons align. There is a vague chance that much of this could be cloaked and essentially put off the great hubba bubba burst until 2018 but Im poised for it in 2017.

The question is, what is going to happen with the rest of the world when it sees us going into another 2009 implosion. Whats the Trump group going to do? We all know war is great for business. Korea anyone? (I dont think we will attack because of the obvious fatality numbers in SK alone if it were to happen).

Summary: A mouse farts in Iraq gas goes up .35/Gal. A camel farts in Afghanistan and gas goes up .25/Gal. Both overnight. Trump throws shit back in rocketmans face and gas goes down .20/gal overnight. WTF! Crazy financial world we are in.
I agree that a stock by stock correction may have been going on longer. Seems to be picking up speed though.

I also expect a correction around the time frame you denote but nothing remotely close to the 2007 recession/bear market.
There's no big systemic threat to the US or world economy like there was in 2007. If that changes, MO on it will change.
Nor is there anything like an extremely overpriced market as there was in 1999. It is modestly overpriced at this point but with growth and interest rates where they are, it's okay for now.

I expect a solid correction in your time frame, however, followed by a continued run up prior to the next more severe correction or bear market.

Obviously a fluid situation though, so we all need to keep paying attention.

No big threats to global economic growth on the horizon.
Recent such events show that dips are short lived due to cash on the sidelines pouring in each time. I don't see that changing without something fundamental in the economy changing.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #986
Rev06
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 185972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponmark View Post
For you crypto fans, I think Bitcoin is going to have a major correction next month.

Its being driven up due to the upcoming forks. Investors are hoping to create some $ with multiple coins.

I will hold steady, even at a loss.
Bit Coin "derivatives" just started trading last week. I think zero hedge had an article on it. Could invest there if you have a strong conviction.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #987
Rev06
Curio & Relic

Well, we are not far away from my DJIA upper level price target of 24,000. The models I follow though get squirrely after that. They are calling for a "vertical" trading market, which is straight up then straight down, possibly due to an upcoming monetary crisis in 2018. I guess we'll see.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:46 PM   #988
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 181106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev06 View Post
Bit Coin "derivatives" just started trading last week. I think zero hedge had an article on it. Could invest there if you have a strong conviction.
Yeah, a couple started and the SEC evaluating an ETF offering now. Inside New Filings

Investment firm VanEck filed for an exchange-traded fund to invest in bitcoin derivatives in mid-August. Though VanEck acknowledged the riskiness of the product and believes that this digital currency is no match to gold as far as safe-haven status is concerned, the issuer could not overlook bitcoin’s monumental craze.

ETF Firm REX also planned a new fund that will invest in bitcoin-based derivatives. There are two products filed by REX, namely REX Bitcoin Strategy ETF and REX Short Bitcoin Strategy ETF. The ticker codes and expense ratios of those funds are yet to be disclosed.

Already trading the last few days is the Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC), which is designed to track the asset price but actually is trading at a significant premium compared with the underlying holdings. GBTC holds 174,174 bitcoins, according to the most recent regulatory filing.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:00 PM   #989
Rev06
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
Yeah, a couple started and the SEC evaluating an ETF offering now. Inside New Filings

Investment firm VanEck filed for an exchange-traded fund to invest in bitcoin derivatives in mid-August. Though VanEck acknowledged the riskiness of the product and believes that this digital currency is no match to gold as far as safe-haven status is concerned, the issuer could not overlook bitcoin’s monumental craze.

ETF Firm REX also planned a new fund that will invest in bitcoin-based derivatives. There are two products filed by REX, namely REX Bitcoin Strategy ETF and REX Short Bitcoin Strategy ETF. The ticker codes and expense ratios of those funds are yet to be disclosed.

Already trading the last few days is the Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC), which is designed to track the asset price but actually is trading at a significant premium compared with the underlying holdings. GBTC holds 174,174 bitcoins, according to the most recent regulatory filing.
Huh very interesting. Nice post. I bet some of the bigger players will be using these products to start hedging their massive gains.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #990
Jabes0623
Safe Space Lifeguard

AKaholic #: 173872

Apple reported today & absolutely crushed it.
Jabes0623 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #991
drjarhead
MODERATOR and Mad Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes0623 View Post
Apple reported today & absolutely crushed it.
Yes they did.

That's before the iphone X also.

My play on it is SWKS. 40% of their chips go to AAPL.

I was able to get that on the downside and I sold my AAPL awhile back. So far it's up decently but it has further to go.

QCOM is also an issue here but that's a long discussion.

APPL is bullying the shit out of QCOM and WDC currently.
It's interesting to watch how much clout they have around the world with regards to national govts.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #992
vwvectors
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 183221

Bitcoin pricing is going through the roof.
AAPL appears pretty serious about dumping the QCOM chips for their 2018 lineup.
vwvectors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:55 PM   #993
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwvectors View Post
Latest quote I saw was around $6600 for Bitcoin. Ethereum is running hot too.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #994
drjarhead
MODERATOR and Mad Doctor

Quote:
The problem for all of them is that QCOM has long term patent rights for the technology they all need.

MO is that eventually QCOM wins this fight but this could drag out for quite awhile.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #995
giantpune
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 188807

Quote:
Latest quote I saw was around $6600 for Bitcoin. Ethereum is running hot too.
Bitcoin blew past $7400 this morning. Ethereum, litecoin, and all the other cryptomonies are not making any big moves because everybody's dumping money into bitcoin. They're trying to get in before that fork later this month hoping they get free money when it forks.

Bitcoins up 925+% in the last 12 months. And don't forget that it forked a few months back. So any coins you had before that fork are worth over $8000 now (btc + bch).
giantpune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #996
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantpune View Post
Bitcoin blew past $7400 this morning. Ethereum, litecoin, and all the other cryptomonies are not making any big moves because everybody's dumping money into bitcoin. They're trying to get in before that fork later this month hoping they get free money when it forks.

Bitcoins up 925+% in the last 12 months. And don't forget that it forked a few months back. So any coins you had before that fork are worth over $8000 now (btc + bch).
I saw that last night Bitcoin surged over $7000. I keep waiting for the supposed crash the bankers say will happen but so far it just keeps climbing higher. Making bank on this ... took some off the table and now riding the wave on the "house's money" as it were. Just wish I got in a few years ago but still doing quite well. The "formerly" wealthy Venezuelans went to Bitcoin years ago under Chavez and it has saved them. They use bitcoin to buy food from Amazon and have it delivered.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-hel...id-starvation/
Old 11-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #997
Rev06
Curio & Relic

Quote:
I saw that last night Bitcoin surged over $7000. I keep waiting for the supposed crash the bankers say will happen but so far it just keeps climbing higher. Making bank on this ... took some off the table and now riding the wave on the "house's money" as it were. Just wish I got in a few years ago but still doing quite well. The "formerly" wealthy Venezuelans went to Bitcoin years ago under Chavez and it has saved them. They use bitcoin to buy food from Amazon and have it delivered.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-hel...id-starvation/
This is the best Bitcoin story I have heard yet. Doesn't get any more real than that.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:57 PM   #998
drjarhead
MODERATOR and Mad Doctor

Using the House's money on the bitcoin play is definitely the route to go.

I like the stories.
If I were younger I'd have made a play on it.
But I ain't touchin' it.

Tulips

LOL
I had to throw that in there!

I hope you guys make a shit ton of money on it.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #999
vwvectors
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjarhead View Post
The problem for all of them is that QCOM has long term patent rights for the technology they all need.

MO is that eventually QCOM wins this fight but this could drag out for quite awhile.
I think Apple will claim it has a share of those patents & perhaps Apple just buys QCOM out on “an offer they can’t refuse”.

I wonder if bitcoin will surpass 6 figures?

Last edited by vwvectors; 11-04-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #1000
drjarhead
MODERATOR and Mad Doctor

Quote:
I think Apple will claim it has a share of those patents & perhaps Apple just buys QCOM out on “an offer they can’t refuse”.

I wonder if bitcoin will surpass 6 figures?
On Friday, AVGO made an offer to buy QCOM. Price shot up, of course.

This would likely help fend off AAPL as the merged company would be about the size of INTC.

As it stands, AAPL isn't claiming any share of QCOM's patents and I don't see how they could. This has been ongoing for awhile now and to my knowledge that's not what they are claiming. They're saying that the manner in which QCOM obtains their royalties is improper.
They've got other companies, including INTC, suing QCOM as well as US agencies and foreign agencies ganging up on QCOM to screw them into the next century.

I trade and invest in all these companies so I've been keeping track to an extent.

In any event, at some point there will likely be a settlement. That might be next week or 3 years from now. Until then, AAPL and some other companies and withholding payments.
This is hitting QCOM's current earnings and making AAPL's look a little better.

AAPL was paying $10 per phone royalty to QCOM until they just stopped, sued QCOM and got various govt agencies to go after QCOM.

That's where it stands for now.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:26 AM   #1001
vwvectors
Bronze Contributor

Thanxs for the info doc.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:19 AM   #1002
Weaponmark
Curio & Relic
Vendor

Bitcoin holders, go check the market asap.

The segwit2x fork has been canceled. The market correction is happening NOW instead of the 16th as I previously stated due to the cancelation. Whatever the market was going to do the 16th happened yesterday.

Personally, I pulled BTC and moved it to ETH.

Want to save money building AND have the most authentic looking selector markings?

CLICK HERE!

WTB APEX PURCHASED POLISH NSP3 SCOPE MARKED AKMSL PC00053 NrL-90058. It's out there!!!

Old 11-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #1003
BULL

AKaholic #: 184045

Buy lead, lots of lead.
.22 LR
7.62x39
9mm
Any other flavor
Store in sealed ammo cans with desiccant
BULL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:03 AM   #1004
Weaponmark
Curio & Relic
Vendor

Bitcoin is continuing to fall, and in a twist of events, an earlier fork, Bitcoin cash is KILLING it. Up 133% as of this writing. The word is Bitcoin cash might replace what is currently referred to as Bitcoin. I moved the recently placed etherium over to Bitcoin cash it should continue to climb over $2,000, maybe even in the next few hours.

CLICK HERE!

Old 11-12-2017, 03:56 AM   #1005
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Quote:
Bitcoin is continuing to fall, and in a twist of events, an earlier fork, Bitcoin cash is KILLING it. Up 133% as of this writing. The word is Bitcoin cash might replace what is currently referred to as Bitcoin. I moved the recently placed etherium over to Bitcoin cash it should continue to climb over $2,000, maybe even in the next few hours.
Most of us who already have Bitcoin already have Bitcoin Cash. Anyone who held Bitcoin at the time Bitcoin Cash was created became owners of Bitcoin Cash. This means that Bitcoin holders as of block 478558 (August 1st, 2017 about 13:16 UTC) have the same amount of Bitcoin Cash as they had Bitcoin at that time. If your Bitcoins are stored by a third party such as an exchange, then you must inquire with them about your Bitcoin Cash.

Any transactions that occurred after the August 1st ledger split are completely separate between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. This means any Bitcoin acquired after the split does not include any Bitcoin Cash, and any Bitcoin Cash does not include any Bitcoin.

I see a couple trading platforms like Forex.com are already trading Bitcoin Cash on it's platform. Have one friend trading there but I am going to watch this a bit more. Was going Ethereum but Bitcoin Ccash looks more interesting and more platforms to service the trade.

Last edited by Black Blade; 11-12-2017 at 05:41 AM.
Black Blade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #1006
rcm1201

AKaholic #: 165990

Quote:
Classic manipulation. Like Blade said, most with Bitcoin already have the Bitcoin cash so a nice hedge
rcm1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #1007
rcm1201

A good explanation of what happened the past couple of days:
https://pastebin.com/iH8K7gMv

Quote:
Summary of events, Bitcoin vs. Bitcoin Cash:

--- The Set-up

* It's easy to mine Bitcoin in China - from chip production to cheap electricity – creating a huge concentration of mining power in its territory.
* This mining power slowly accumulated and concentrated into a few hands, partly due to government intervention. It's hard to make money in China without the authorities noticing.
* These hands, we’ll call them "Jihan" as a code name also belonging to one of their leaders, decided that with so much mining power, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t have more significant control over the currency itself.
* They created a new currency, Bitcoin Cash, which purportedly deals with one of Bitcoin’s classic pain points - its inability to scale up and support the increasing throughput on the net.
* The way they tried to achieve this relies on a further concentration of mining power and network control - foregoing some of Bitcoin’s defining characteristics as a decentralized currency.
If anyone has any doubt about this move not being cold and cynical, remember this: Bitcoin Cash is not going to be as decentralized as Bitcoin, and its creators know this full well.

--- The Propaganda

* After Cash was issued as a split from Bitcoin, Jihan and his friends waited until anyone who wanted to sell and get rid of the currency does so. The price collapsed, and most of the larger crypto community ignored the coin.
* The Chinese miners were instructed to continue mining the coin, even at great financial loss, to support a pretension of value and use, minimally sustaining its life. When the price troughed, those who were in the know about the plan accumulated it in large quantities.
* Our plotting friends waited for the Segwit X2 split. They knew there would be a lot of confusion, that Bitcoin's mining power would be split between the two networks, and that the scaling and fee debate would be at the front.
* The split did not come, but the machine was already calibrated and ready. The scaling debate raged on, with those who do not understand the mechanisms enabling Bitcoin to work in a decentralized manner accepting Bitcoin Cash as a real alternative – all as part of the planned PR campaign. If “Bitcoincom says it’s true, it must be so!

--- The Manipulation

* In recent days, since the news of Segwit X2’s demise, the price of Bitcoin was expected to decline. With the value of the S2X coin, previously factored into Bitcoin, priced between $1000-2500 in future contracts, evaporating, it was only a matter of time. To push this along, a timed sale of Bitcoin, from the huge stock available to the conspirators, struck the market in force.
* The people involved have tremendous financial power. Just as it was easy to push the price of Bitcoin down, such was it easy to pump the price of Cash up.
* Concurrently, massive Chinese mining power has switched to work on Cash; at present, hashrate is almost equal between the two networks. Meanwhile, the missing mining power for the Bitcoin network has made it much slower.
* The Bitcoin network is also undergoing a spam attack. Anyone trying to send Bitcoin is forced to wait long hours even using high fees; there’s now a queue of more than 100,000 transactions awaiting approval.
* Many Chinese exchanges are listing BCH, Bitcoin Cash, for trading against Altcoins as the base currency in an attempt to make it the new standard, as BTC has been to date in all exchanges.
* Anyone who sees and experiences the above, all the while seeing the enormous and rapid price change, gets struck with FOMO and hurries to buy Bitcoin Cash.
* The price increases, Jihan and his group of friends cash out making ridiculous profits after having spent many resources on this plan for the better part of 2017, and laugh in everyone’s faces.

In a few hours, Bitcoin Cash’s mining difficulty will increase fourfold; To still be profitable to mine, Cash will need to be priced at a minimum of 40% of Bitcoin. It will be interesting to see what the miners do at that point, when Bitcoin becomes more profitable to mine again. One po
ssibility is that this will mark the end of the pump and everything returns to normal (although it is doubtful that Bitcoin price will continue increasing any time soon), but it is also possible that the strong reaction by the market and community may lead to a situation sustainable enough to lead the manipulators, who perhaps were initially only interested in a masterfully coordinated pump & dump, to try and take the reigns all the way and push their centralized Bitcoin onward. Someone did pay more than half a Bitcoin for a silly clone of it today, after all.

Bitcoin does not have a mechanism for quick mining difficulty adjustments, common today in most of Alts (and soon in Cash). If miners continue abandoning it, the network will be sluggish, or even paralyzed completely, for months ahead and until the next automated difficulty update. This is the nightmare scenario of this attack – a slow death to Bitcoin while a currency that looks like it to most, but is actually controlled by a handful of conspirators (or the Chinese government?.. ) takes the lead.

Our white-horse knights coming to the rescue may be Wallstreet traders, who've been looking for a way to enter Bitcoin and financially take control over the currency. They an infinite capacity to buy Bitcoin, and will be happy to take it from anyone lost to the propaganda. They’ll give a fight to the Chinese, and perhaps save the fate of the decentralized currency. And while it’s not clear which of these two forces is more of a bad-guy in our usual stories, at least the Americans will support the real coin.

However, as befits a decentralized currency based on the good will of a community spread worldwide, the real way to prevent this catastrophe is to spread the above information. It is your duty to ensure that everyone understands that this is ugly manipulation, a hijacking of one of the most beautiful things happening in the world in recent times, and to explain in all directions why Bitcoin Cash, is not, and will never be, a real substitute for Bitcoin.

By Dor Konforty, CEO and founder at Synereo
Old 11-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #1008
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Interesting theory ... still have some in Bitcoin, holding the Bitcoin Cash and diversified some recently sold Bitcoin into cash, Ethereum and Litecoin (last night). Will watch and see what develops, At this point have taken profits and playing with "house money" for now. Maybe should Bitcon fall below $5,000 but who knows if it will. May bite the bullet and pull the trigger on more Bitcoin if it stabilizes from here. Currently Bitcoin has apparently recovered again and holding strong.

My "cold storage" I use MyCelium but fees have gone up so looking at Breadwallet as an alternative ... maybe Copay. Anyone have any ideas? Also may just bag Coinbase and go direct GDAX to cut fees further. Just floating some ideas ...
Old 11-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #1009
rcm1201

I only purchase on GDAX because of the fees. It is Coinbase's sister company. I then move Ethereum or Bitcoin to Bittrex to buy some alt coins (NEO, OMG, ARK). My main stash is Ethereum and I store it on a Nano LEdger S
Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM   #1010
Black Blade
Curio & Relic

Killing it with Bitcoin! Up over $8200 last couple days and now back down to $7900but still up nearly 50% in the last week and a half. Still added some GBTC a couple weeks ago to one of my IRA accounts as a potential hedge - added quite a bit of paper gains in the process. Could get interesting but along for the ride for now. Can you say "Roller coaster"?

Also added some MLPs and Trusts like MVO, SJT and BPL. May add more to the pile of physical silver soon.
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM   #1011
drjarhead
MODERATOR and Mad Doctor

S&P is bumping up against 2600 resistance.

2700 is not too far away now.
My expectation is that we get to about that before the market pulls back some.

That said, nothing seems to be able to pull this market back substantially.

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM   #1012
Jabes0623
Safe Space Lifeguard

AKaholic #: 173872

Goldman Sachs is bullish for next year, predicting 11% gains.

May be time to sell lol.
Jabes0623 is online now   Reply With Quote