Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Rifle Forums > AK-47s

Notices

Old 03-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #36
whispers
Internets Genius

AKaholic #: 173158

Bought two cases of new Croation mags. Tried several of them in my Romanian RH10 and Bulgarian SAM7R. Mags fit great in both rifles and feed perfectly with no filing or dremelling. Don't let a handful of guys on the internet convince you they're crap.
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #37
locknload
Master Tinkerer

AKaholic #: 155795

I was given a couple of them.

After messing with them so they fit, they do function, but...comparing them to surplus mags, the bodies are thin, top end specs are sloppy and the floor plate flanges are short/weak.

LL
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
locknload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #38
Rob Ski
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 173263

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispers View Post
Bought two cases of new Croation mags. Tried several of them in my Romanian RH10 and Bulgarian SAM7R. Mags fit great in both rifles and feed perfectly with no filing or dremelling. Don't let a handful of guys on the internet convince you they're crap.
I can only share feedback from our fans. Recently i had rush of emails with people complaining about those mags. Per emails, they were not fitting / working with: Arsenal rifles, WASR rifles and Vepr FM rifles.
I'm not sure why suddenly there is rush of complains about them. Maybe they are becoming more popular?
Anyhow, this is feedback i have from users - i don't own one, so i have no clue if those are isolated incidents or something else...but it was surprising to see complains piling up like this...just saying.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #39
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 5035

Great mags at a great price. Basically same as Yugo BHO. Minor fitting may be necessary but if one's shop skills or tools like a file etc., are missing then they may have fitment woes.
AKBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #40
whispers
Internets Genius

AKaholic #: 173158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ski View Post
I can only share feedback from our fans. Recently i had rush of emails with people complaining about those mags. Per emails, they were not fitting / working with: Arsenal rifles, WASR rifles and Vepr FM rifles.
I'm not sure why suddenly there is rush of complains about them. Maybe they are becoming more popular?
Anyhow, this is feedback i have from users - i don't own one, so i have no clue if those are isolated incidents or something else...but it was surprising to see complains piling up like this...just saying.
Hmmmm... sounds like we need your professional input Rob. Better get some of these mags in your hands. PM on the way ;-)
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #41
sectionchief

AKaholic #: 169391

I bought a few cases of them in November/December. I have not had any issues in any of them firing in WASR's.

Work better than my US Palm mags, so far.
sectionchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #42
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Minor adjustments may be needed. But as always if no tools or shop skills stick to retail that is plug n' play. At $5.25 a pop hard to brat even if one has to purchase a small file.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:04 PM   #43
Dave Williams
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 163660

Guy's please check your floorplates on these. They should not have much side to side wiggle. If they do they're going to fly off at the worst time. Just a heads up.
Dave Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:09 PM   #44
AKBLUE
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

Have not had that issue. If so use a locking pliers or vise to tighten down the floorplate folds,
Old 03-25-2017, 01:44 AM   #45
frankstang

AKaholic #: 172960

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknload View Post
I was given a couple of them.

After messing with them so they fit, they do function, but...comparing them to surplus mags, the bodies are thin, top end specs are sloppy and the floor plate flanges are short/weak.

LL
Exact same experience I had after buying a few when they first came out. If I remember correctly they were right around $10, a buck or two less than average surplus at the time.
Bought them, evaluated them, sold them.
frankstang is offline   Reply With Quote