Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > Optics

Notices

Old 02-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #36
Murphy's Law

AKaholic #: 181621

Never forget, you get what you pay for when going for quality in regards to optics. The price difference from a Vortex vs. Nightforce is (as I'm sure you're well aware) night & day. However, few don't like to shell out more for optics then they have invested in the rifle itself.
Murphy's Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #37
Fade2Blk
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 176726

I used the warranty a while back as my Vortex red dot shit the bed. I couldn’t believe how fast it showed up repaired in my mailbox. I must agree with op and just drop coin on NightForce FTW.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #38
nofreetime
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 180281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy's Law View Post
Never forget, you get what you pay for when going for quality in regards to optics. The price difference from a Vortex vs. Nightforce is (as I'm sure you're well aware) night & day. However, few don't like to shell out more for optics then they have invested in the rifle itself.
Depends on which the Nightforce the NXS, and SHV are just low end NF scopes and glass quality is poor for the money you're better off with a PST Gen 2 the glass is about the same. The ATACR's are meh so so if you want to experience what real glass quality looks like you need to get yourself a NF Beast, Schmidt & Bender PMII, Tangent Theata, Leupold MK8, or Kahles K series scope. But like you say few are willing to spend the money.

Last edited by nofreetime; 02-13-2018 at 01:01 AM.
nofreetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 AM   #39
adam6955
Contributor

AKaholic #: 175102

Well on the OPs suggestion I just bought a Gen 2 LOL. Cost me about $700 so I am not too upset if it sucks.

"If we fail to prepare, we prepare to fail."

"They who can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
adam6955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #40
wade2big

AKaholic #: 188836

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofreetime View Post
Depends on which the Nightforce the NXS, and SHV are just low end NF scopes and glass quality is poor for the money you're better off with a PST Gen 2 the glass is about the same. The ATACR's are meh so so if you want to experience what real glass quality looks like you need to get yourself a NF Beast, Schmidt & Bender PMII, Tangent Theata, Leupold MK8, or Kahles K series scope. But like you say few are willing to spend the money.
Im sure the high end scopes you listed are a notch above but as long as the scope tracks true and man can see his target then it can be hit. Nightforce shv glass is very good. I have one. I dont think any more clarity If possible would increase my hit percentage.
wade2big is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #41
nofreetime
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade2big View Post
Im sure the high end scopes you listed are a notch above but as long as the scope tracks true and man can see his target then it can be hit. Nightforce shv glass is very good. I have one. I dont think any more clarity If possible would increase my hit percentage.
My bad I didn't mean to come across that way to you.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #42
Thunderhorse
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 172770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy's Law View Post
It depends on which products you are comparing. A PST doesn't compare to a Nightforce, a Razor or AMG does
Thunderhorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #43
wade2big

AKaholic #: 188836

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofreetime View Post
My bad I didn't mean to come across that way to you.
You didnt come across wrong to me. Maybe i should be sorry that I came across wrong to you. Its the nature of written communication. No tone or body language to get the correct context.

I agree with what you said. I just think if you can identify the target then the scope for all practical purposes has enough clarity. In other words, tracking and durability should come before clarity up to a certain point.
wade2big is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #44
nofreetime
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade2big View Post
You didnt come across wrong to me. Maybe i should be sorry that I came across wrong to you. Its the nature of written communication. No tone or body language to get the correct context.

I agree with what you said. I just think if you can identify the target then the scope for all practical purposes has enough clarity. In other words, tracking and durability should come before clarity up to a certain point.
You didn't. But it's not a NF thread, it's not a NF SHV vs Schmidt and Bender thread, and it's not a Vortex vs NF thread. If those are things you wish to discuss you should go and start another thread. The post you've quoted was a response to someone else.

Last edited by nofreetime; 02-13-2018 at 12:57 PM.