Go Back   The AK Files Forums > Vendor Discussion Forums > Arsenal Inc.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
StG58Freak
Banned

AKaholic #: 86051
Thumbs up ARSENAL Rocks

I'd just like to say that i really appreciate the fact that we have a company like Arsenal whom imports and builds high quality Kalashnikov firearms to feed my addiction.

I have owned several different models from the Arsenal line over the last 15 years or so and find them to be the Best Kalashnikov rifles my hard earned money can purchase. I've never had one problem with any of the rifles i've bought from Arsenal and i wouldn't think twice about going to war with an Arsenal AK in my hands.

I started this thread because i wanted to show my appreciation for Arsenal and their fine products. If you want to complain about the company Don't Do It in this thread !

I hear people knock Arsenal, most are guys whom can't afford their products or are to cheap to purchase an quality Kalashnikov. I for one hope that Arsenal keeps making quality AK's well into the future. We need companies like this, without them we are stuck with inferior products that i wouldn't bet my life on.

Keep up the great work Arsenal and Thank You !
StG58Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
samnev

AKaholic #: 161313

Quote:
Originally Posted by StG58Freak View Post
I'd just like to say that i really appreciate the fact that we have a company like Arsenal whom imports and builds high quality Kalashnikov firearms to feed my addiction.

I have owned several different models from the Arsenal line over the last 15 years or so and find them to be the Best Kalashnikov rifles my hard earned money can purchase. I've never had one problem with any of the rifles i've bought from Arsenal and i wouldn't think twice about going to war with an Arsenal AK in my hands.

I started this thread because i wanted to show my appreciation for Arsenal and their fine products. If you want to complain about the company Don't Do It in this thread !

I hear people knock Arsenal, most are guys whom can't afford their products or are to cheap to purchase an quality Kalashnikov. I for one hope that Arsenal keeps making quality AK's well into the future. We need companies like this, without them we are stuck with inferior products that i wouldn't bet my life on.

Keep up the great work Arsenal and Thank You !
+1
samnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
Enraged Gecko
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 156919

Total agreement
Old 02-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Whatsinaname181

AKaholic #: 160897

+1
Whatsinaname181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
77patriots
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 106007

they are the Anti-Century.....

+1 very fine products.... you get what you pay for, very solid
GOVERNMENT BY THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED

God please save our Constitutional Republic and the Rule of Law, and please pray for Peace
GOD BLESS AMERICA,GOD SAVE THE RULE OF LAW

The MEDIA Is a WEAPON of MASS DISTORTION

truth found here-http://whatreallyhappened.com/

YOU NEED: to see this/Share this: The most important history lesson
http://youtu.be/5hfEBupAeo4
Beware the dual citizen
Zohar 1160a
77patriots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
IanMor

AKaholic #: 643

I love mine. I have a machined receiver in 7.62 x 39. Forgive me for not remembering the number. I have a deficiency in recalling numbers.

Anyways, a buddy of mine had it first, and it came with the planet of the apes stock. He had me convert it (with the help of K-var) to a black synthetic NATO length buttstock and P.G. and a proper slant break. Now, I have had many nice AKM style rifles in my life. The only milled receiver I ever saw was a Polytech Legend underfolder. It was nice, but no where near as appealing to me as the Arsenal gun. Now, knowing my buddy like I do, I planted the idea deep in his head, that he should just leave it with me because he's going to sell it to me anyways.

Well, about a year later, after he had fired it once or twice, he calls me up. "Mac, you still want that AK"? "The milled one?" I said. "Yeah, which one did you think I was talking about?"... "Well I dunno, Rick. You have so many coming and going, I cant keep track". "Yer killin me, Mac. Do you want it or not?"

Needless to say, IT'S MINE and I am never letting it go!
IanMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
Disburse-Now
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 79142

IanMor - You probably have the SLR-95 - but that's a guess. Bulgarian 7.62X39 milled receiver rifle with Bulgarian polymer thumb hole stock. It is said that these were manufactured with Steyr Technology barrels and are supposed to be very accurate. Since you converted it, I am assumeing that it was to the K-Var offered milled stock set that you used when converting it. I have one also, but haven't yet converted it. Great rifle.
Arsenal is a worthy manufacturer. I only own two Arsenal rifles - direct from Bulgaria in fact, but they are great quality.
Disburse-Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
IanMor

Disburse,
Yes, that's the one!
I got a milled adapter tang, I think a pistol grip stud and nut and the stock set. It's been a while since I did the change over. Thanks for the reminders!

It was a very straight forward mod. I did not know they used Steyr technology on these. I find mine to be a nice accurate smooth running rifle with a sweet trigger pull (no slap).

Do you know what the Styer technological contribution was?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
Enraged Gecko
Curio & Relic

Cold hammer forged barrels. My SLR-101 has the same parts
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
IanMor

Thanks, Gecko. Good to know. This threads got me itchin' to get my Arsenal out this weekend! I have to do a function fire on a FAL I just finished building. ANd I'd like to verify the sight adjustments I just made on the AK too. This is just one more reason to prioritize getting out.

The more I find out about my Arsenal rifle, the more I love it. I still cant quite warm up to the synthetic stocks though. I'd love to get some nice wood on it sometime. Does any one know what wood I could use?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
Enraged Gecko
Curio & Relic

K-var sells arsenal milled furniture, but it's usually sold out. just be on the lookout and get the real thing
Old 03-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
Dirt Diver
Infidel MF'r

AKaholic #: 71904

I'm on board with the love for Arsenal. I have the SGL20 with the K-Var OD green NATO furniture and an OD green Hogue pistol grip and the look is beautious!!! Also have a Weaver Classic 10x.

Some of you may think I am whacked in the brain pan; but, I just put my order in for the new SLR106-UR pistol with the side scope rail. It's a lot of cash. I am considering selling my DRACO to partially fund it. Yet, I may not....bwwwwaaaaahhahahahahh

The SLR95 is also one sweet rifle. I got to handle one in perfect condition at my local gun shop. The single stage trigger is nice. I do like two-stage for safety and accuracy.

BAM!!!

Ann Coulter

Last edited by Dirt Diver; 03-02-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Dirt Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #13
Bill Browning

AKaholic #: 161771

Ive had a couple and wish I had kept them. Fine weapons.
Bill Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
inhiliator5000

AKaholic #: 157615

I picked up my first arsenal in February.

SGL-21.

I LOVE IT.

The rifle is perfect in every way.

I've owned 2 century built AK's in the past, so i definitely have something to compare it too.
inhiliator5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
im_n2_vws

AKaholic #: 157131

+1 Arsenal Inc. Heres my sgl2161 with Hogue grip, Arsenal Inc russian sling. Russian Izzy bakelite 30 rd mag and unissued russian bayonet.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
Scott7891

AKaholic #: 58999

I have a SGL-21-94 and 31-94 being sent to my FFL for me. Can't wait to get them both
Scott7891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
DSAPT9

AKaholic #: 87480

After a couple thousand rounds I got bored so I panted my SGL 20. Love these guns.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
cgp
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 157920

I still think they are overpriced but after a few Saiga conversions, I've come to appreciate the value and authenticity (FWIW) of an Arsenal build. Quality parts and as correct as you can get. Their paint job still sucks.

SGL 31-84

SA-M7

SLR-107F

SLR-105
cgp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
cgp
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

AKaholic #: 157920

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
Thanks, Gecko. Good to know. This threads got me itchin' to get my Arsenal out this weekend! I have to do a function fire on a FAL I just finished building. ANd I'd like to verify the sight adjustments I just made on the AK too. This is just one more reason to prioritize getting out.

The more I find out about my Arsenal rifle, the more I love it. I still cant quite warm up to the synthetic stocks though. I'd love to get some nice wood on it sometime. Does any one know what wood I could use?
Ironwoods Designs. Matt's got the good stuff.
cgp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
themaxx76
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 156234

Here's my new SGL-21. I love this rifle. It's fit and finish are awesome and it's a tackdriver on the range.

themaxx76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
FullAssault
☆ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ☆

AKaholic #: 154920

I've had meny AK but I have never LOVED an AK till i got my SGL-21, It's accurate, everything is straight and its well made. She getting ready to get the AK 100 stock conversion!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #22
Whatsinaname181

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgp View Post
I still think they are overpriced but after a few Saiga conversions, I've come to appreciate the value and authenticity (FWIW) of an Arsenal build. Quality parts and as correct as you can get. Their paint job still sucks.

SGL 31-84

SA-M7

SLR-107F

SLR-105
Hey nice stick!

Everyone keeps saying their paint job sucks, well... you wanted authenticity, its the same one they use on their service rifles!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #23
IanMor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgp View Post

Paint job, agreed. I intend to park mine sometime. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I like the fact the FCG is shit hot and tight as hell, I dont have to worry about soft parts wearing out, MIM parts breaking, having it develop "math problems" while shooting at the range. The rifle is smooth, durable and accurate. Compared to other AKs... Yeah, it's expensive, but that assumes other AKs compare to an Arsenal Rifle.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #24
evilblackgunsrfun

AKaholic #: 162295

I really like my Arsenal SGL-21-71, one of my favorite rifles.
Sorry for the crappy pic, need new camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arsenal.jpg (30.9 KB, 11 views)
evilblackgunsrfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
Whatsinaname181

Shes gonna look perdy with that wood.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #26
sqhammer
Veteran Member

AKaholic #: 159034

My first AK was CAI polish 1960. Good rifle, but....eh. I then p/u a SGL31 and wow. I own 3 SGL's in various iterations and an SA-M5 & they'd go to war with me before any AR. I only wish SLR's were Kal. legal. I sing their praises every time I pull the trigger.
sqhammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #27
post-apocalyptic
magnificent bastard

AKaholic #: 63983

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMor View Post
Paint job, agreed. I intend to park mine sometime...
They're parked under the paint.

I love my Arsenal SGL rifles. They're some of the very best Kalashnikovs that've ever been available on the US market.

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
post-apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote