Go Back   The AK Files Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
block2221

AKaholic #: 32050
Default Turkish made Kral shotguns

Hey, anyone got any info on these shotguns? I saw a tactical 12 gauge on a Canadian website that "looks" pretty decent. I have to admit this name is new to me so I'm looking for any info, good or bad, on this company Kral.

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-Turkish-SG/...ion-index.shtm

Samual Adams 1775

block2221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
Etek
Curio & Relic
Contributor

AKaholic #: 2223

What's the price?

I'm a bit put off by my experience with Turkish firearms which was very very bad.
I had a TPK which was a copy of the PPKS. Outside finish was fine but internally it sucked.
The machining of the firing pin guide in the slide was so bad that it would at times pierce primers.
That was nothing.
The pin would jam up and the darn thing would discharge upon racking the slide and/or go full-auto.

So before you buy get a close look and do some more research.

Teddy Roosevelt

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system but too early to shoot the bastards. "

-C. Wolfe
Etek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
nalioth
Devil's Advocate & Moderator

AKaholic #: 5678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etek
I'm a bit put off by my experience with Turkish firearms which was very very bad.
As a counterpoint, Academy Sports & Outdoors is importing and selling the Sarsilmaz line of pistols (Turkish Cz75 clones) w/o any complaints being heard about them.

The same Turkish plant that makes these, also makes the "Armalite AR-24" pistols.

It ain't the hardware - it's the man using it.

Home | AK Files Custom Search | PicPaste | ImgDump | ☎ Nalioth
nalioth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
block2221

One of them is $349.00 and the other is $325.00 Canadian dollars. The currency converter lowers that about 25 bucks on each one for U.S. dollars.

Samual Adams 1775

Old 07-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
jlcasagranda

AKaholic #: 8101

I am wondering if there are any trade restrictions, as you can also find norinco m14's for a reasonable price also on some of the canadian sites but importation is impossible.
jlcasagranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
allesennogwat
Curio & Relic

AKaholic #: 3738

Charles Daly sells Turkish shotguns really cheap. Almost too cheap to think they have any quality. They have zero resale value and no way of getting replacement parts.

They might be decent quality but think of them as throw aways as I doubt you'll be able to get one repaired or sell it for much.

http://www.charlesdaly.com/fpump.asp
Old 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
block2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by allesennogwat
Charles Daly sells Turkish shotguns really cheap. Almost too cheap to think they have any quality. They have zero resale value and no way of getting replacement parts.

They might be decent quality but think of them as throw aways as I doubt you'll be able to get one repaired or sell it for much.

http://www.charlesdaly.com/fpump.asp
Excellent points. I think I'll reconsider after sleeping on it. Although it would have never been a first line of defense, it was just something more along the lines of a shotgun to play around with.

Samual Adams 1775

Old 07-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
g3shooter

AKaholic #: 12947

An ATF Form 6 would be required for importation of the shotgun.