View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #285
SAIGA 5.45
Old Dirty Bastard of the Files

AKaholic #: 174648

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalus View Post
This isn't a real "meditation", it's backed by science. So there isn't any myth to it like with Buddhism or Hindu/Yoga stuff. It reminds me of Tummo meditation but uses cold temperature to raise metabolic rate and unload epinephrine, dopamine, testosterone, etc. With stretching, and exercise without air in the lungs after cyclic controlled hyperventilation, instead of mantra's and all the other religious/spiritual stuff thrown in.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4034215/

"Voluntary activation of the sympathetic nervous system and attenuation of the innate immune response in humans."

Where I've seen such a rapid improvement on my health and the ability to do more then I was before I'm a lot more open to different ways of going about it. I noticed that once I started the Wim Hof method my diet/cravings changed. I stopped losing blood through digestion which is really nice.

One thing I have really started doing for recovery is a 10-15 minute cold shower after workouts, really helps get that lactic acid out of the muscles and speed up recovery.

And as hot as it is I quite enjoy it now so if shtf I am good to go, who needs hot water anyway.

The next Miss America will be David Hogg- Owen Benjamin.
SAIGA 5.45 is online now   Reply With Quote