The AK Files Forums

The AK Files Forums (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OBAMA IS SURPRISED VETS DON'T WANT TO PAY THEIR OWN MEDICAL (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52355)

Nitris 05-05-2009 06:38 AM

OBAMA IS SURPRISED VETS DON'T WANT TO PAY THEIR OWN MEDICAL

He is definitely speaking out the LEFT side of his mouth....

Isn't this the most ridiculous thing you ever heard? Read Obama’s quote in BOLD below. The man is a lunatic!! Assume it to be just another "change" the stupid voters of the USA made by electing him and then watch as he selects crooked and dishonest people to serve in his cabinet!! Snopes has nothing on the statement. When will our equally inept senators and legislators stop this crazy man?? Oh BTW, he supports health care for those who are in this country illegally and people who are notorious for abusing welfare ...

HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO LET THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES........WHAT AN EMPTY HEADED PERSON HE MUST BE....SEND THIS TO EVERYONE TO SHOW JUST WHAT HE THINKS OF OUR MILITARY WHO FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GET HURT PROTECTING OUR FREEDOM! I HAVE ANOTHER NAME FOR THIS CREATURE, BUT I'M TRYING TO STOP USING THAT WORD FOR HIM....IT IS NOT NICE....!

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans' private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty.

The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal. "Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.."

"I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood - just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans.”

He just doesn't get it.

festus 05-05-2009 08:06 AM

We need the source of the quote. Without a verified source it is meaningless.
Well, not meaningless, just not verifiable.

tdbrown1969 05-05-2009 08:12 AM

Nothing that comes out of this anti-American sack of shit suprises me anymore.He is a scum bag of the lowest order whose mouth starts spewing long before his pea size brain can engage.And yet we are considered domestic terrorist for our beliefs??The true terrorist lives in the white house,which I am suprised has not been painted another color beings how he hates the white man.td

sct1886 05-05-2009 10:40 AM

It is posted in enough places I would say it is valid. Snopes says B.S., if you can believe Snopes. I personally have seen Snopes say B.S. to public information POSTED on the Congressional web site. Snopes is left slanted and dubious at best.

mmckown 05-05-2009 11:01 AM

Snopes is LEFT period. I trust NOTHING they say about any political statements.

lsmurphy 05-05-2009 11:05 AM

This is old news anyway and nothing to discount the claims have been stated publicly since. And I did check snopes and they are full of shit however if you read snope they did NOT discount it entirely.

Scott

lsmurphy 05-05-2009 11:07 AM

BTW one must first READ, COMPREHEND, then put into CONTEXT information.

SCott

XSAPPER 05-05-2009 05:16 PM

No, you Du#*@$$ all the vets are glad to pay for there own medical care while you throw money at wall st. and automakers. Especially since you're not in the military anymore because of physical reasons caused by military service and can't get a job-because there are non to be found.

I wonder how few (if any) vets have any respect for this guy.

XSAPPER 05-05-2009 05:18 PM

Why doesn't he expect the bums on welfare to give up their check. You know maybe they could do something patriotic.

Black_Wolf 05-05-2009 05:19 PM

Jackass

drjarhead 05-05-2009 07:03 PM

Some of us are designated producers.
We have only one role and that is to give and give and give some more.

Others are designated consumers.
They are here to fulfill the govts designated purpose in simply taking more and more provided they vote for them.

Barry 05-05-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hussein
I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans.”

Wow! That line right there is about the most despicable garbage ever to flow out of a mouth! Why didn't that bastard just insult someone's mother instead?

Geist762 05-05-2009 07:45 PM

High Steppin' High-Yellow, Chitlin Lickin' Kenyan.

XSAPPER 05-05-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry
Wow! That line right there is about the most despicable garbage ever to flow out of a mouth! Why didn't that bastard just insult someone's mother instead?

New one on me! Putting your life on the line is selfish. Someone should tell the firefighters and police also. Because I guess he'd think they'd be selfish for expecting a pension if they became disabled in the line of duty.

tdbrown1969 05-05-2009 09:34 PM

Straight from the mouth of a guy who has never paid his own insurance or health care his entire life.Must be nice to think you are above everybody and are making great consessions to help the country by living in a rent free mansion,traveling the world for free,flying airforce 1 over manhatten for a photo shoot.Eating the finest foods tax payer money can buy.This guy is a first class peice of crap.I honestly have nothing good to say about him,td

Ding 05-05-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Others are designated consumers.
They are here to fulfill the govts designated purpose in simply taking more and more provided they vote for them.
tis how they BUY their votes,free stuff...keep votin,that'll learn em..

wish I had this guy in my foxhole,two goes in,one comes out.

Chrissy 05-05-2009 10:16 PM

http://www.boomspeed.com/castledoom/rolleyes.gif Wake me up when his administration is over

tedbo 05-05-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSAPPER
New one on me! Putting your life on the line is selfish. Someone should tell the firefighters and police also. Because I guess he'd think they'd be selfish for expecting a pension if they became disabled in the line of duty.

I sure hope that Obammie the Commie's security detail is aware of his ramblings.
I damn sure wouldn't want to be a member of his detail and have to possibly take a bullet for him and he tells ME that I need to pay for my own medical!

And NO, I am NOT threatening that POS! Alphabet boys,take a chill pill.
I see this as affecting not only the military but any and ALL federal agency members.
Sheesh! Such food for thought.

drjarhead 05-05-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by festus
We need the source of the quote. Without a verified source it is meaningless.
Well, not meaningless, just not verifiable.

People have already slammed Snopes.

However, per snopes.com the quotes were not actually 0bongo's but the substance was. IOWs, he proposed exactly that without some of the more volatile rhetoric.

Snopes is not 100% accurate but I think overall they try.
Are they biased?
Same as everyone, I suppose.

ScottD. 05-05-2009 11:23 PM

This is something I cant understand......a guy spends a few years in the Army and expects free health care for life? I understand if a guy is wounded....but free healthcare just because you are a service veteran? Yeah, thats the same kind of 'sense of entitlement' that is ruining America.

And just for those of you who dont know....Im on my 10th year of service.......If I get out now I still dont expect free health care.... free health care should be reserved for war wounded Soldiers who cannot hold a job that affords health care. None of this 15% percent disability for a sprained ankle or 10% because your knee hurts or because you think you were exposed to agent soilent green or whatever.

Am I getting off track here.....?????

drjarhead 05-05-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottD.
This is something I cant understand......a guy spends a few years in the Army and expects free health care for life? I understand if a guy is wounded....but free healthcare just because you are a service veteran?

One of the best posts I've seen you write here, ScottD.

The fact is that the VA provides free medical care only to those who fit specific criteria. Those criteria vary with income, which conflict you were in, the era you were in service, etc.
Unless it is for a "service connected" problem, they will tap any private insurance first, including medicare.

How do I know?
I was a VA doc for 3 years.

While I am at it, I will note the fact that some new vets to the VA came in with long lists of complaints, trying to get higher ratings for service connected problems and for disability. They knew how to play the system when they got there.

Consider the biggest assholes you've served with, the ones no one can stand, always malingering, etc--these people take up a LOT of VA resources.

I was always reminded of some of the jerks I served with when I met these types.

Quote:

Yeah, thats the same kind of 'sense of entitlement' that is ruining America.
I must say, I was really taken aback by the proclivity of vets to try to get disability and narcotics. Or more disability, more narcotics.

That said, the WWII vets I took care of were some of the finest men I've ever met, the best pts I ever had. I miss them dearly. As they died off my pt population was replaced with 40-60 year old deadbeats trying to score narcs and disability, or more of both. It became detestable. The gov't asshole bureaucrats turned the job into a hell also. Another subject for another time.

Quote:

And just for those of you who dont know....Im on my 10th year of service.......If I get out now I still dont expect free health care.... free health care should be reserved for war wounded Soldiers who cannot hold a job that affords health care. None of this 15% percent disability for a sprained ankle or 10% because your knee hurts or because you think you were exposed to agent soilent green or whatever.
That is the game and there are plenty of people here who have said when I pointed this out in the past. Vets should have everything, blah, blah, blah. Bullshit.

Such a mentality only enables losers and attracts them.
There are some who go into the military for no other reason then to feign injury or illness to get disability. They don't even make it through bootcamp sometimes.

90% of VA and SSDI disability is BS and that is being generous.
MO of the docs who sign off on that shit is low as it can get. I have noticed and awful lot of them are foreign docs, FWIW.
Their little way of destroying America? Perhaps.

FWIW, Agent Orange is a very big deal.
Much of the disability for exposure is BS though. Much of it is type II diabetes due to obesity. Viet Nam Vet? Say you had AO contact and bingo--service connected.
Then I have guys with what I think are clear cut AO issues and the VA just blow 'em off. Go figure.

FOR READERS:

If you are one of the losers on narcs and disability who typically rants at my posts, please just FO. Go start your own damn thread. I don't care how special you are and how you are one who really deserves disability and really need more and more narcotics. Just FOAD please. Do us all a big favor. Find a gutter with your name on it. I've seen and heard enough of your BS to last me 100 lifetimes and it is the EXACT same song and dance from EVERY one of you. I know who you are and what you are about as soon as I walk in the door and see you sitting there. Like I said, I've done it wayyy too many times. Many hundreds, at least, maybe thousands.

XSAPPER 05-06-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjarhead
One of the best posts I've seen you write here, ScottD.

The fact is that the VA provides free medical care only to those who fit specific criteria. Those criteria vary with income, which conflict you were in, the era you were in service, etc.
Unless it is for a "service connected" problem, they will tap any private insurance first, including medicare.

How do I know?
I was a VA doc for 3 years.

While I am at it, I will note the fact that some new vets to the VA came in with long lists of complaints, trying to get higher ratings for service connected problems and for disability. They knew how to play the system when they got there.

Consider the biggest assholes you've served with, the ones no one can stand, always malingering, etc--these people take up a LOT of VA resources.

I was always reminded of some of the jerks I served with when I met these types.

I must say, I was really taken aback by the proclivity of vets to try to get disability and narcotics. Or more disability, more narcotics.

That said, the WWII vets I took care of were some of the finest men I've ever met, the best pts I ever had. I miss them dearly. As they died off my pt population was replaced with 40-60 year old deadbeats trying to score narcs and disability, or more of both. It became detestable. The gov't asshole bureaucrats turned the job into a hell also. Another subject for another time.

That is the game and there are plenty of people here who have said when I pointed this out in the past. Vets should have everything, blah, blah, blah. Bullshit.

Such a mentality only enables losers and attracts them.
There are some who go into the military for no other reason then to feign injury or illness to get disability. They don't even make it through bootcamp sometimes.

90% of VA and SSDI disability is BS and that is being generous.
MO of the docs who sign off on that shit is low as it can get. I have noticed and awful lot of them are foreign docs, FWIW.
Their little way of destroying America? Perhaps.

FWIW, Agent Orange is a very big deal.
Much of the disability for exposure is BS though. Much of it is type II diabetes due to obesity. Viet Nam Vet? Say you had AO contact and bingo--service connected.
Then I have guys with what I think are clear cut AO issues and the VA just blow 'em off. Go figure.

FOR READERS:

If you are one of the losers on narcs and disability who typically rants at my posts, please just FO. Go start your own damn thread. I don't care how special you are and how you are one who really deserves disability and really need more and more narcotics. Just FOAD please. Do us all a big favor. Find a gutter with your name on it. I've seen and heard enough of your BS to last me 100 lifetimes and it is the EXACT same song and dance from EVERY one of you. I know who you are and what you are about as soon as I walk in the door and see you sitting there. Like I said, I've done it wayyy too many times. Many hundreds, at least, maybe thousands.

Doc I had an uncle that was one of those you talk about. Real POS was only in the Army 6 months. Never made it through basic, AWOL or in the brig most of the time. Got hurt fighting with MP's while they were trying to take him in (awol or d&d can't remember). Well he got discharged and drew a disability check the rest of his life. Couldn't stand him for many reasons, but this is the main one.

I spent 2 years reserve then 10 years active. Typical injuries while doing soldier things (broke ankle was worst), was exposed to nerve agent in Iraq. Went to the VA once right after I got out in 93 and haven't been back or drawn a dime off of them.

What do I want from my country? FREEDOM!

drjarhead 05-06-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSAPPER

I spent 2 years reserve then 10 years active. Typical injuries while doing soldier things (broke ankle was worst), was exposed to nerve agent in Iraq. Went to the VA once right after I got out in 93 and haven't been back or drawn a dime off of them.

What do I want from my country? FREEDOM!

:notworthy

My hat is off to you brother.
You do us nothing but honor.

fullautotogo 05-07-2009 08:19 AM

We can give SSI to someone for being an alcoholic, We can give wellfare to any lazy bastard out there, We can pay congressmen their salary for life after serving one term after selling us down the river, Yet a man(or woman) who fights and bleeds for their country has to pay for their healtcare?

Keep talking washington there is a shit storm coming your way! :mad_small

Blackmore 05-07-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjarhead
Some of us are designated producers.
We have only one role and that is to give and give and give some more.

Others are designated parasites.

Fixed. It was the story of the last election.