The AK Files Forums

The AK Files Forums (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   Circle 10 AK (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Molot 40 round surplus magazines. (http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309073)

mike88 05-21-2017 05:04 PM

Molot 40 round surplus magazines.

Received my order of 2 Molot 40 round mags couple of days ago. Both are good to go function wise. The cosmoline over paint was easy to remove. One had some rust and pitting , not severe, the other was rust free. I removed the paint from the pitted one, and polished the mag body with rouge on a cotton buff wheel. Oil coated now, should stop / mitigate further corrosion, If I purchase a slabside, all 4 Soviet types will be in possession. Waffle, Bakelite, Stamped Steel are now in possession. The Waffle aluminum is my favorite so far, noticeable weight difference compared to stamped steel. I function checked em all at the English Pit range in Vancouver Friday, all good to go. Also checked out the 2 Romanian purchased from a member here, good to go. The Grey leather pouch is in excellent shape, the mags look as if t6hey were never loaded until Friday. The Bakelite functioned flawlessly, also a member deal. Came with mold # 88, pretty cool of him to pick that one to ship.

mike88 05-21-2017 05:10 PM

Shipping time was very fast on this order, will use this outfit again for sure.

Circle10ak.com 05-22-2017 04:41 PM

Glad to hear you're happy with the purchase. We had quite a few of those Russian Molot mags that had rust/pitting out of the norm, so we pulled them temporarily to get them sorted. They're now sorted and listed appropriately.

mike88 05-24-2017 02:21 PM

Function, Russian manufactured, capacity40, spine stamps, 40 rounders are not that common, glad to find a supplier.

ohlongarm 10-12-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike88 (Post 4045846)
Function, Russian manufactured, capacity40, spine stamps, 40 rounders are not that common, glad to find a supplier.

Legions USA has some of the nicest Russian 40's I've ever seen,new unissued from the Tula factory according to markings,you'll never wear them out. Bought a few.

Babymufasa 10-14-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohlongarm (Post 4275329)
Legions USA has some of the nicest Russian 40's I've ever seen,new unissued from the Tula factory according to markings,you'll never wear them out. Bought a few.

Tips? Maybe molot?

TideAlum 10-16-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circle10ak.com (Post 4042063)
Glad to hear you're happy with the purchase. We had quite a few of those Russian Molot mags that had rust/pitting out of the norm, so we pulled them temporarily to get them sorted. They're now sorted and listed appropriately.

Do the mags still come as pictured on your website (rust, etc.)?

Circle10ak.com 10-17-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TideAlum (Post 4280498)
Do the mags still come as pictured on your website (rust, etc.)?

The pictures shown on the website are representative of the quality of magazines we have available. We have some that are in great condition but we still have quite a few with some minor to moderate rusting/pitting. Unfortunately do the nature of the magazines as well as the amount we have, we do not offer handpicking at this time.

As we have shown on Facebook with other customer supplied photos, the rusted magazines still clean up quite nicely.

If we start coming across more and more magazines that are not acceptable quality, we will pull the listing and adjust it accordingly.