PDA

View Full Version : Zastava sporters are here.

Jim West
06-14-2009, 01:07 PM
review of my Zastava PAP (lots of pics!) - AK47.NET (http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=120162)

Not my thread.Very interesting.

LuzRD
06-14-2009, 01:11 PM
FINALLY!!!!! now where do i buy?

ak-dog
06-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Is anybody selling these???

Nitris
06-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Is anybody selling these???

if so who. and looks easy to convert. No bayonet lug also easy to fix I have a yugo gas block.

nalioth
06-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Gunjoker has seen a few.

Jim West
06-14-2009, 03:40 PM
You yugo folks,In pic 6. Is that a standard rear trunnion?I have little or no knowledge of yugo ak's.I just know I want one really bad.

nalioth
06-14-2009, 03:52 PM
You yugo folks,In pic 6. Is that a standard rear trunnion?I have little or no knowledge of yugo ak's.I just know I want one really bad.
As noted in the thread over there, better pictures have been requested of the rear block.

I think a lot of us are awaiting confirmation pix.

motorhead
06-14-2009, 05:08 PM
tap it for an ace stock. very cool. i wonder if santa will bring me one.

nalioth
06-14-2009, 05:10 PM
tap it for an ace stock. very cool. i wonder if santa will bring me one.
If it's the same as any other Yugo, there is already an Ace adapter for it.

The angle of the picture makes it hard to tell.

SGT. MAC
06-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Can't wait until someone starts reconfiguring these. Gorgeous looking AK. Anyone know of any plans to bring any other Zastava products into the US?

frtyfivsevnty
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I think I need one of these!

RG Coburn
06-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Hmm...Yugo with a rail. Nice.

FAL GRUNT
06-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Contacted EAA about getting one.

If/When it comes in i'll do a full review and if I do get one, I'll try for a full conversion this fall.

-myers

LuzRD
06-14-2009, 08:45 PM
in the link it says he bought that for $399. how many kits do i keep seeing for $375 ish? and those are a crap shoot as far as barrel
i found a couple local dealers on EEA's site that im going to inquire about these real soon!

lextech
06-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Appears to be a standard yugo rear trunion. 2 rivits, bolted on stock, top cover lock.

ambivolent
06-14-2009, 09:31 PM
i may look into getting one of these

panzertruppe
06-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Wow,

It even comes w/ A SINGLE STACK MAG..... JFC, can't these guys figure it out... WHO wants a farging single stack mag, GD it???????!!!!!!!!! The "F"s in Kommiefornia???? So making it hold a dbl stack mag would have made it LESS Fing appealing....

Piss off single stack mag gun making company... THERE!

panzertruppe

AKbarber
06-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Looks like a great deal to me. I plan on getting one in the near future.

panzertruppe
06-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I guess if you can hog out the mag well it's got a great ROI, but that's if you can.. Still can't figure out why it HAS to have a SINGLE stack mag??????????? What a waste on such a nice looking weapon....

panzertruppe

nalioth
06-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Still can't figure out why it HAS to have a SINGLE stack mag???????????
Ask your congresscritter "why?".

POTI
06-15-2009, 11:54 PM
I ordered one today they are all sold out and aren't expecting more to be approved :( The price was a little over 300

LuzRD
06-16-2009, 12:42 AM
POTI was that local or online? i havent gotten to a local dealer yet to ask about these, and im curious how everyone else is doing pricewise

POTI
06-16-2009, 12:57 AM
that was from a local EAA dealer. He called EAA and they said they got 1000 in and sold them all last Thursday.

FAL GRUNT
06-16-2009, 08:46 AM
As of yesterday the rep from EAA said they were still in stock...

I'll fax my FFL over today and give them a ring.

-myers

POTI
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
maybe they got more in? I was put on a list if they did so maybe mine is shipping out on monday. I will call them again and see.

AKBLUE
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Receiver and trunnion are slant cut ala MAK rifles.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7577/aaayugousa.png

FAL GRUNT
06-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Why! oh WHY!

Hmm... that puts a dampner on things.

Might buy one for "collectors" sake... but that sucks.

-myers

nalioth
06-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Why! oh WHY!

Hmm... that puts a dampner on things.

Might buy one for "collectors" sake... but that sucks.

-myers
No.

That's good.

They just cut the standard rear block at an angle.

Welding a collar back on it shouldn't be anything too traumatic.

Aesthetics aside, the Ace stock adapter will work with it.

FAL GRUNT
06-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Yea, but why? It was imported as a single stack sporting rifle. I never understood why the MAK's were done that way.

OTHER than to impose another difficulty to conversion.

I'm gonna call today cause I haven't had a chance. They should have an account for my FFL set up by now.

I'll let you all know what I find out.

-myers

Swoopster
06-18-2009, 08:32 AM
FAL,

Is that stock an ambi or is it strickly set up for right handed shooters?

swoops

allesennogwat
06-18-2009, 09:20 AM
The Yugo buttstock attaches with a bolt through the center and no tang. If the replacement buttstock is made with an angle to contact the lower rear on the receiver, that should keep it tight in the receiver if there is a hole to thread a bolt. That's pretty how the fixed stock milled receiver Valmet are made wit the angle cut receiver.

panzertruppe
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Still a single stack mag machine...

Ugghhhhh.. I guess for little over 300 and some mill work, dbl stack, ay?

panzertruppe

FAL GRUNT
06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry guys, didn't have a chance to call today. Hopefully tomorrow.

Swoop, did alles answer your question? I'm not sure what your asking :)

-myers

LuzRD
06-18-2009, 11:58 PM
im pretty sure Swoop was asking if the cheekpiece is reversible (to benefit left handed shooters) or fixed in place for right hand shooters

and it "looks like" its fixed for correct/oops i mean right hand shooters :p

Swoopster
06-19-2009, 05:54 AM
yes cheekpiece and thumbhole setup. MAK sporters were set up for righties.

s...

FAL GRUNT
06-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Well, crap, I forgot that EAA closed at 4pm Eastern time so I wasn't able to call them.

-myers

Jaimenv
06-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I was going to order one, but gave up after realizing all the stuff that needs to be changed.

Once I saw the slant cut receiver :( that was it.

I am going to play "Buzzard" and wait for some one to screw their up and get it dirt cheap :).

nalioth
06-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I was going to order one, but gave up after realizing all the stuff that needs to be changed.

Once I saw the slant cut receiver :( that was it.

I am going to play "Buzzard" and wait for some one to screw their up and get it dirt cheap :).
The 'slant cut receiver' is an optical illusion.

It's the same rear block as any other fixed stock Yugo, save the "Klinton Kut"

As far as "all the stuff that needs to be changed", this is no different than a virgin WASR.

Jaimenv
06-19-2009, 08:21 PM
http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=120162&page=2

Go there about the 11 post, I may need new glasses.

Is that the "Klinton Kut" :).

Open up mag well, Tapco TG, Pistol grip, Stock, Flash or Break, hand guard. Looks like a bunch of stuff to me.

Might as well leave it virgin like a wasr. Like the guy's said just open the mag well and call it a day.

nalioth
06-19-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=120162&page=2

Go there about the 11 post, I may need new glasses.

Is that the "Klinton Kut" :).

Open up mag well, Tapco TG, Pistol grip, Stock, Flash or Break, hand guard. Looks like a bunch of stuff to me.

Might as well leave it virgin like a wasr. Like the guy's said just open the mag well and call it a day.
This is a "sporting" Yugo rear block. They just cut a standard rear block at an angle to be "sporting" (or whatever reason they came up with)
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3879/dsc0005kbo.jpg

This is a standard Yugo M70AB1, and you can see they just cut a small bit of material off the backside of the new import (in fact, the "sporter" pictured above has a Yugo military butt stock attached)
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6856/ak124hx4.th.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/i/ak124hx4.jpg/)

Jaimenv
06-19-2009, 11:29 PM
This is a "sporting" Yugo rear block. They just cut a standard rear block at an angle to be "sporting" (or whatever reason they came up with)
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3879/dsc0005kbo.jpg

This is a standard Yugo M70AB1, and you can see they just cut a small bit of material off the backside of the new import (in fact, the "sporter" pictured above has a Yugo military butt stock attached)
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6856/ak124hx4.th.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/i/ak124hx4.jpg/)

If you magnify the sporter picture and look at the trigger area you will see "P.A.P." on it.

The picture shows what a Zastava P.A.P. will look like with a regular Yugo stock and Pistol Grip on it.

nalioth
06-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I guess I'm not explaining myself too well.

The "slant cut receiver" is no impediment to using standard Yugo furniture back there.

This situation is unlike the Chinese slant cut receivers, which were actually designed with the slant, and need specific furniture (the Yugo P.A.P has just had a regular rear block cut at an angle)

Jaimenv
06-20-2009, 12:18 AM
At any rate Till Ironwood comes out with a stock that will make the rifle (Zastava P.A.P.) look right, there is no recourse but to keep the thumb hole stock, anyways it is a nice looking stock.

Like I said I am going to wait till some one converts their rifle so it can be had way cheaper than what it is now, due to it not being original and having improperly fitted parts (regular Yugo stock).

Slant/Angle sounds like the same to me.

The P.A.P. sort of looks like a Vepr at the rear receiver but with a steeper slant cut er.. I mean angle cut.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.robarm.com/VEPR%2520KTR%2520.223%2520RS.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.robarm.com/vepr_ktr.htm&usg=__i92HZezL6nDgzZtMBq6pQZjieko=&h=555&w=1607&sz=63&hl=en&start=7&um=1&tbnid=CjKtl-bVD-pPmM:&tbnh=52&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvepr%2Brifle%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGL L_enUS313US313%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

nalioth
06-20-2009, 01:31 AM
I think it'd be much cheaper to get a welder to stick a semi-collar on it.

Jaimenv
06-20-2009, 01:56 PM
http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=13147&st=0

Like Tromix did to the Saiga 100 in .30 06?

By the way that was a awesome conversion, great manufacturing skills.

FloridaAKM
06-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I would buy one of these just to add to my family of Yugo AK's. I have heard that the entire receiver from trunion to trunion was built for the single stack mags only. Milling out the magwell will include milling out the bottom of the front trunion along with the rivits that hold it together :( .

panzertruppe
06-20-2009, 10:12 PM
OHHHH GREATTTTT(roll "R"),

In my best Shrek voice... Jewst anewther sinkle stack akay wanna be(clip the be).... Yew can't beet thot can yeh.....

How about save all this debate and make one that looks like an AK, Holy Crap donkey, the real mccoy...

What was the single stack Romanian thing called??? So you take a pig, dress him up, send him to Yugoslavia, and VOILA, it's a fancy Yugoslavian PIG!!!! Now that's what I wanna spend my money on...

Looks nice, but hmph, just a fancy single stack yugo pig.... Unfortunately... I'd like to get excited too and I did till I saw the "single stack" word thingy come up...

JFC!

panzertruppe

Zx-10R
06-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Looks great and the price is right...10rnd mag is all I ever need as I do not spray and pray. Need to order one soon. Thanks for the info.

Jaimenv
06-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Looks great and the price is right...10rnd mag is all I ever need as I do not spray and pray. Need to order one soon. Thanks for the info.

Amen brother "Praise the lord and pass the ammunition"

allesennogwat
06-21-2009, 10:34 AM
If there is enough metal in the rear trunnion the buttstock may have enough support. You could make an angled shoulder piece to cap the buttstock like the metal piece above wooden pistol grips. I think instead of trying to cut the receiver, drilling the rivets and fitting an NDS Yugo fixed stock receiver would give a nice new high cap Yugo. It looks like the Yugo receiver has plates inside the magwell but I haven't seen one in person.

Black_Wolf
06-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Keep em.

I would rather have a nice fully evil M-70 built on a Spud.

The gay ass owner manual warning kills it for me.

Lysander
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Yea, but why? It was imported as a single stack sporting rifle. I never understood why the MAK's were done that way.

OTHER than to impose another difficulty to conversion.

I'm gonna call today cause I haven't had a chance. They should have an account for my FFL set up by now.

I'll let you all know what I find out.

-myers

It's because of the "Sporting Clause" in the 2nd Amendment.

FAL GRUNT
06-22-2009, 01:46 PM
It's because of the "Sporting Clause" in the 2nd Amendment.

:laugh_sma :D

not quite but funny non the less.

I didn't think that a slant cut receiver was on the import evaluation check list. Or at least the last one I saw it wasn't.

-myers

Lysander
06-22-2009, 02:28 PM
:laugh_sma :D

not quite but funny non the less.

I didn't think that a slant cut receiver was on the import evaluation check list. Or at least the last one I saw it wasn't.

-myers

Oh I was talking about importing a rifle with a single stack mag well with reinforcing plates as opposed to the real deal. After all, you don't need 30 round 'banana clips' to kill a dear, and even if you did, you can't hunt with an AK. Every politicians knows that.
:rolleyes:

Etek
06-22-2009, 10:13 PM
AMD-65
$57.00 Kit
$10.00 Flat

panzertruppe
06-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Overpriced Quasi-political crap,

There's always more than one way for a politician to skin a gun loving cat...

This is attempt #, hmmmmm, 1,000,000....??? I've lost count...

Haven't you????? I guess all guns are pretty, except the ones hidden under a political veil... Just have no use for an AK wannabe w/ a 10 rdr... Buy a 10 rdr for the AK you own... Hell, make it look like this thing...

panzertruppe

lsmurphy
06-24-2009, 11:15 PM
http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=13147&st=0

Like Tromix did to the Saiga 100 in .30 06?

By the way that was a awesome conversion, great manufacturing skills.
For this reason alone I became entirely disinterested.

Scott

http://forum.saiga-12.com/uploads/av-6.jpg (http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showuser=6)

TheAK47Militia
07-04-2009, 11:43 PM
It looks pretty but what a piece of crap! One person said on the review thread from the other site said "Slant cut, single stack and barrel turned down so it can't be threaded..." Now that just proves its garbage! Only people who are gonna by it are people that know nothing about AK's and just buying it cause it "looks pretty"..those people have to learn to do your research before buying an AK

TheAK47Militia
07-04-2009, 11:44 PM
The 'slant cut receiver' is an optical illusion.

It's the same rear block as any other fixed stock Yugo, save the "Klinton Kut"

As far as "all the stuff that needs to be changed", this is no different than a virgin WASR.
Well...WASR's suck!

ambivolent
07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
your ignorance shines brightly, all you are doing is regurgitating what you have read about the WASR i have one and guess what it dose not jam, i personally think its ironic that your SAR WAS the best thing ever till you got your yugo you tool do yourself a favour and just quietly leave here it will save yourself some face among the people here who actually know a thing or two about ak platorm weapons

SGT. MAC
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Looks like we are going to have a donnybrooke between two members. Getting my popcorn as we speak.

LuzRD
07-06-2009, 05:30 PM
my money is on ambivolent! he brought an AK AND tank!!!

ambivolent
07-06-2009, 05:37 PM
you dont wanna be messing with the tank LMAO

Lysander
07-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Well...WASR's suck!

There's that old saying "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.". Might I suggest you take it to heart? It wasn't that long ago that your SAR-1 was considered the "Bottom of the AK Barrel", so I'd watch my tongue were I you.

sniper47
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Well...WASR's suck!Considering I prefer pre-ban Chicom rifles, I might be inclined to agree with you but the fact is a WASR goes bang just as good as any of my Chicoms. The only diff is how much money you want to spend on an AK. JMHO.;)

mrkrinker
07-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Only people who are gonna by it are people that know nothing about AK's

well the price isnt bad

panzertruppe
07-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Money on a sow's ear made to look like a silk purse,

It's a gun, but it's an AK wanna be.... First pic is the gun w/ custom wood. The slant cut is the shortcut to their profit... If it was a well made "sporter"(whatever that is....???), this would look nice, not empty/unfilled/glaring for all to begin critiquing immediately.... And the wood would be nice from start too...

Just another "gun" mutant of an AK... I know this is a taste thing so pardon my ill opinion.... We need new prods that will serve a dual purpose...;) Look good AND fxn as a battle rifle... This just seems to be a "cheap" attempt to be exclusively of the first(which is hardly the AKs lot in life, a boutique wpn like the AR) and to much work to get in both from get go... But oh well, just a subjective "thang".....

And there's nothing wrong w/ loading 10 rds in a 30 round mag if you're not of the "spray and pray" crowd which I am not a fan of either.... You buy an AK, default is not spray and pray, although its builder and country of origin made it a default value. Can TRY and take the AK out of "crude", but can't take the "crude" outta the AK;)....

Own a ROMAK 74... Gas block or site is crooked, but shoots fine and only cost me 225.00... Shoulda bought a truck load of them then....

panzertruppe

drjarhead
07-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Agree panzer.
I wouldn't buy one but I know some who would. Their choice and I'm glad to at least see more builders of AKs.

As for the spray and pray bit:

IMO the advantage with semi-autos are twofold--

* rapid follow up shots

* rapid fire burst of 2-4 rounds on target.

I practice that and have for years. I can get fairly tight groups considering. The WWII studies bore out the advantages of "firepower" for supression and scoring more hits by utilizing this technique of firing on a mobile, advancing force and in suppression and scoring hits while in the assault.

Hence the move to assault rifles in the post WWII militaries around the world. Another development of warfare and tactics we can largely thank the germans for, the M1 Rifle notwithstanding.

At closer ranges, inside 50-100m I'll be firing bursts of semi-auto in rapid fire. I train it, I teach it.

Not sure if that qualifies as spray and pray or not. It does not to me. Use your sights and keep firing until the enemy is down. Put as much lead around them as possible and you will hit something if you are practiced. IMHO.

Weißer Wolf
07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
It's very beautiful..something nice to use for deer hunting.Only 344 bucks NIB!!...http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=G350210

mrkrinker
07-12-2009, 12:23 AM
It's very beautiful.

what a piece of crap! its garbage!

im confused, isnt this the same person? the "wasr's suck guy"?