PDA

View Full Version : Better of the Hungarian 20 round mags

AK-Rulz
07-06-2008, 12:19 AM
That was the best way I knew to put the header,,here's the question:
Has anyone ordered any 20 round Hungarian mags from AKparts or Centerfire Systems? AKparts has 20 rounders in brand new to new in wrap for $14.95 and CS offers new condition for $14.99 or 4 for $49.99. lol, yeah, it may seem "picky" but I was wondering if anyone else had ordered from either of these places and which way I should go. Any comments will be helpfull.

ty

David

dstorm1911
07-06-2008, 02:58 AM
never ordered from either but Awhile back I did import 600 of these mags all were new still in cosmoline, quality varied as some would need very minor filing as the lock tab would be a little tall or a lil rough, was no big deal for otherwise very high quality mags

XSAPPER
07-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I've bought several from centerfire, all were new (no cosmoline though). I bought a bunch when they were cheap and decided they were the best ak mags.

AK-Rulz
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Ok, first of all, dstorm, when the sh%t goes down, I wanna be around you, lol.
Now, XSAPPER, I've never ordered from CS but what caught me eye was this

4 pack @ $49.99 per 4 pack (+$35.00)

If that means $35 extra, per 4 pack, I'll just order from CTD @ $19.97 or @AK Parts for $14.95. I already have a few items I want from those 2 anyway.

I hope to FINALLY order the rifle from J&G Mon. They haved received the new FFL from local dealer, or its not in their system yet. Wish me luck.

David

single hook
07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
From everything i've read, Hungarian mags are parkerized,then painted, making them considerable more corrosion resistant than the other steel mags. I recently ordered a few Hungy 30 rounders from CDNN, and you can really feel the difference in the quality of the finish.

AKBuilder7255
07-09-2008, 03:37 AM
;) I had ordered the 4/pack of Hungarian 20rnd. Tanker mags from CFS and they were excellent in condition,..... if not new. :) They even came in a brand new E.German/4-cell ammo pouch. Also had the Hungarian arsenals' stamping marks along the back spine edges. :D Heavy Duty Mags........all the way around. What's nice about the 20rnd. Tanker Mags are obvious; To fill-em up,....without having to bust open another box of 20. :tongue_sm No loose rounds rattling around in a half empty box.......LOL.... I,...myself, am very fond of using the 20rnd. Hungarians and the Yugoslavian 30rnd/BHO Mags for all of my 7.62 AKM's,....not to mention my (flat-back) no spine Chicom Mags for my MAK90. Anyway,....I have ordered many times from CFS, and have always got excellent merchandise from them. As far as the other place you had mentioned, I have not, but.....heard alot of good reports and satisfied customers. Good Luck on what path you travel,......T.C. Ken in Pa. :cool_smal

AK-Rulz
07-11-2008, 02:15 AM
I just got my order from CTD today and I ordered one of thier Hungarian 20 rounders. It says "Unissued Condition" and it does look good, any of the "very minor scratches" could be from handling and storage. It was $20 and considering the other stuff I bought, it got here in 3 days and S&H wasnt bad at all. What worries me about CFS is where they have 4 mags @ $49 + $35. I'm assuming thats S&H and it so, it's be cheaper to order from CTD. I'm gonna call or e-mail CFS and make sure. I definetly want more of these mags. I'm still thinkin about an AMD next.
Oh, and ya know what sucks? Getting your ammo, mags, cleaning kit, etc in mail before rifle gets delievered. lol I'm hoping I can pick it up tomorrow(Fri).

David

Yugom5966
07-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I thought CFS had $9.99 flat rate shipping?

AK-Rulz
07-13-2008, 09:24 PM
If thats thier S&H, then Monday I'm all over that deal. I live in South MS, they're in KY, so it's not like a cross-country shipping. I've been pretty damn buys these last few days, so tomorrow(Mon) I'll call and if thats what they charge, I'll have 4 more mags. :cool_smal
It still confuses me of what the "+ $35.00" means?

David

AK-Rulz
07-22-2008, 11:16 PM
I ordered the 4 pack of Hungarian 20 rounders and the phone person said the (+35.00) isnt supposed to show up, it is a webmaster mistake. $14.99 + 35.00 = $49.99
, and I picked up another 100 rounds. The service was great and shipping charges was pretty good.
I can tell this hobby is gonna be addictive. lol

arakman
07-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Apexgunparts.com had them for 12.00 unissued sealed in grease. They were on backorder, but they got them in today. I don't know if they raised the price or not, but when I get them in I will give more info on condition

AK-Rulz
07-29-2008, 01:54 AM
I ordered the 4pk of 20 rounders & 100 rds of Wolf(which was $19.99) around 4:30pm CST Tuesday and it arrived about 5pm Friday. They even through in 2 old mag holders, I'm pleased with the merchandise and fast deliver.
Nest, I may check out that deal at apex, they good damn good, especially for long-term storgage.

David

Bascot
08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I prefer the 20 round Hungarian mags as well. I bought a couple from an ad in Shotgun News for about $14.00 ea., plus 3 more at a gun show for about the same. The shorter profile makes shooting from a prone position easier, and the whole thing looks smoother. I use them for both my tricked-out Norinco and a Romanian underfolder. I've got 5 of the Norinco "spineless" 30 round mags as well and about the same E. European (spined) mags for the WASR.

XSAPPER
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I got an e-mail from AIM surplus, they have a sale on 20 rounders. If you buy 5 (for $55) you get a free mag pouch.

tankdriver
08-24-2008, 01:17 PM
I got an e-mail from AIM surplus, they have a sale on 20 rounders. If you buy 5 (for $55) you get a free mag pouch.The web site does not show the free pouch, they do have them listed at $11.00 each if you get 5 or more. Did they send you a link for the free pouch?

Thanks

marsh762
08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
I just recieved my order from aim 5 mags plus pouch for $55.oo excellent quality just slight handling marks never apear to have fed any ammo through them pouch was a bit dirty but totaly sevicible great buy great service

XSAPPER
08-24-2008, 05:52 PM
The web site does not show the free pouch, they do have them listed at $11.00 each if you get 5 or more. Did they send you a link for the free pouch?

Thanks
I don't think so but let me check my e-mails and get back.

No link just order 5 for $55 and get free mag pouch. Doesn't say what kind of mag pouch.

tankdriver
08-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks