PDA

View Full Version : WTK Sling attachment

cobra69
04-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Ok, so here is m y question........I have a couple AK slings was able to attach one to a rifle and not sure if it is the correct way. How the heck do you attach the sling to the loop on the buttstock? all my slings only have the one metal clip and a buckle at the other end. I was able to get one sling through the buckle in order to snake it thru the loop ion the buttstock.........man-o-man was it hard. this can't be the right way to do it. Anyone post up pics of there slings for me please so i can see how you attached your sling.

cobra69
04-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Awe, come on guys..........help a brother out. It's probably so simple its stupid, I'm just not seeing it. I know I'm gonna hit myself in the head when somebody shows me how to do it.

drjarhead
04-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Oh boy....

Okay.
Lay the sling down along the rifle just the way you would expect it to go. The sling is looped just as it goes on.

Take notice of how it is laid out

undo the sling and leave the loop on

run the clip end through and slide through the loop, then the metal on the other end

Make sure it all loks right

clip onto the sling loop up front--you have to sort of twist it over the top and slide it on backwards.
--I use a tape wrapped needle nose to prevent damage but it is going to wear the finish off anyhow.
You could also just twist it through and then pull back while forcing the prong down.

Bad terminology but that is how it should go.
Easy to imagine if yo ahve one in front of you