PDA

View Full Version : PSAK-47 Zhukov Permanent? How to replace Magpul?

AKSavage
02-03-2018, 07:33 AM
I picked up a PSAK-47 Zhukov, with Zhukov fore end and stock.

Is the handguard retainer cut for the fore end? Can I install a different fore end without modification?

What style of fore end and stock should I look for? I think I want wood instead.

mauser416
02-03-2018, 06:21 PM
I believe the retainer is removed. If you look at the installation instructions for the Zhukov on the Magpul page they indicate that the retainer must be permanently removed. A chassis is then mounted on the barrel and the fore arm mounted on to the chassis. I would expect this to be the case for the PSA.

I do not know that anyone makes a wooden fore arm which would fit onto the chassis but you may be able to find a cheap wooden one someplace to see if you can mod it to fit

AKSavage
02-04-2018, 04:43 PM
PSA - can you tell me for sure if the handguard retainer is gone or not?

What style of stock and fore arm should I look for? Standard AKM pattern?

Corpsegrynder
02-04-2018, 05:56 PM
They do cut the retainer off. I'm running a bolt on from CSS. It seems to be holding up.

AKSavage
02-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Lame. If I had known that, I would have gone with the Magpul AKM foreend.

STL_akar15
02-05-2018, 08:14 PM
I like the Zhukov - U handguard better then the full length Zhukov handguard. The Xhukov-U is about 1.5" shorted and used the same mounting bracket and allows the use of a cleaning rod. If you absolutely want an AKM handguard you can order this.
https://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/AK47_Saiga_Rifle_Hand_Guard_Retainer_Bracket_p/css-bracket-ak.htm