PDA

View Full Version : So what does PSA consider "the life" of the rifle?

Thumper5102
05-13-2017, 10:30 PM
The question I have, I would imagine others might have when it comes to PSA's warranty on their rifles/barreled receivers.

What does PSA consider the Life of the rifle? Is it until the barrel is shot out or?

Reason being is because unfortunately, despite being told I would get a forged carrier by multiple people there as PSA, the person who is now handling my case says, that is not an option since they (the bolt carrier) is fitted individually to the receiver and gas tube. So, if I have a problem with the bolt carrier or bolt, how is the life time determined?

What are things which will void this warranty? Yes I read the warranty policy. Typically on the bolt I disassemble it to clean it from time to time, being that your assembly team "staked" the pin into the bolt, would removing it be considered a modification? If I don't remove it, is that considered neglect if it fails due to insufficient cleaning?

Thank you in advance.

Vance
05-14-2017, 05:29 PM
How often are you stripping your bolt? I haven't done it once on my sar1 in over 6k rounds and haven't had a malfunction yet.

Thumper5102
05-14-2017, 10:48 PM
How often are you stripping your bolt? I haven't done it once on my sar1 in over 6k rounds and haven't had a malfunction yet.

I haven't had to, on an AK yet, though, I strip the bolts on my AR after 500 rounds. Doesn't mean that I won't ever have to on the AK. If I have an extractor break whatnot, I'd rather just put a new extractor on myself rather than send the kit back for replacement.

plastikman47
05-15-2017, 10:32 AM
That is a crock of shit. If they are telling you that, then it's likely because they just don't want to replace it. I think there was a small window of opportunity when they first came out to get a replacement and after that it was pretty much "lol no, sorry".

Those of us that bought it within a certain period had to send in the receivers to get new carriers matched to them (with matching serials).

You should be able to swap carriers from one rifle to another.
Why do I say this? You can buy the forged carriers by themselves now!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psak-47-forged-bolt-carrier-assembly-with-stainless-steel-piston-516445944.html