PDA

View Full Version : $8.50 shipping for $.99 roll pin

soul rebel
02-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Seriously, wtf? We're talking a $.99 roll pin here. $8.50 for ups ground is the only shipping option. :headbang:

AKme
02-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Try del-ton or brownells. They used to have cheap shipping (usps) for small parts.

timhogan427
02-18-2017, 04:48 PM
or just goto the hardware store. its just a roll pin.

Palmetto State Armory
02-18-2017, 05:26 PM
or add it to another, larger, order.

soul rebel
02-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately none of my local hardware stores have the right size. Ordered 100 from Amazon for about the same cost as buying one from PSA. Only needed one, but 100 was the smallest lot available. I buy a lot of from PSA, just very disappointed about the shipping costs on such a small item. Throw it in an envelope with a $.50 stamp.

CrusherDestroyer
02-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately none of my local hardware stores have the right size. Ordered 100 from Amazon for about the same cost as buying one from PSA. I buy a lot of from PSA, just very disappointed about the shipping costs on such a small item. Throw it in an envelope with a $.50 stamp.

Sounds like it wouldn't be a problem but for big shippers it is.

They should have just mailed it to free.

Dave Williams
02-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately none of my local hardware stores have the right size. Ordered 100 from Amazon for about the same cost as buying one from PSA. Only needed one, but 100 was the smallest lot available. I buy a lot of from PSA, just very disappointed about the shipping costs on such a small item. Throw it in an envelope with a $.50 stamp.

Could you maybe call them and order it on the phone? I'm sure they'd work with you. No need to send it in a box lmao

AyKay
02-19-2017, 09:13 PM
This is why I quit posting on boards like this years ago. Different decade.. same personality types.

Bye.

:cool_smal

rstrobel
02-19-2017, 09:18 PM
takes a lot of time to use bubble mailers and ship small orders. it simply isn't worth doing

it's much more efficient to use standard size boxes. if you're paying someone $10/hr to pack packages + payroll taxes + health insurance then you're really paying them closer to $20/hr. having them spend 5-10 minutes packing a 99 cent item the cheapest way possible is easily going to cost you 3x that in labor.

DemocracyEnaction
02-19-2017, 09:30 PM
Gotta pay someone to lick the stamp...does the earth cause you to spin on an offset axis?

Mebsuta
02-19-2017, 11:36 PM
They would probably go out of business selling individual roll pins with free shipping.

There are roll pin assortments with free shipping on ebay.

giantpune
02-21-2017, 02:25 PM
takes a lot of time to use bubble mailers and ship small orders. it simply isn't worth doing

it's much more efficient to use standard size boxes. if you're paying someone $10/hr to pack packages + payroll taxes + health insurance then you're really paying them closer to $20/hr. having them spend 5-10 minutes packing a 99 cent item the cheapest way possible is easily going to cost you 3x that in labor.
That extra effort on your part counts towards your customer service and could mean the difference between that customer coming back to place much larger orders in the future.

ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT
02-26-2017, 12:11 PM
Primary Arms sells little stuff and mails it.

oakhandledsks
02-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Seriously, wtf? We're talking a $.99 roll pin here. $8.50 for ups ground is the only shipping option. :headbang:

Not sure what level of gun tinkerer, shooter, collector, or whatever you happen to be, but those of us who have been in the game awhile have a constant list going of little things we need. Its best to buy a bunch of these little things at once or tie them in with a bigger order. If you really need some little item, and you are chomping at the bit to get it done you are going to get reamed a bit. Such is the way of things.

The worse is when you recently placed a larger order with a stack of little goodies you needed then realize 3 days later there is some $1 item you forgot to buy that you really need.

It happens.

NWcityguy2
03-03-2017, 08:31 PM
I buy small stuff like that off ebay, where shipping is free.

adam6955
03-04-2017, 03:28 PM
or add it to another, larger, order.

Or we will go elsewhere, and remember this level of "quality" customer service when deciding where to place our next larger order.