PDA

View Full Version : KS47 discontinued??

Justin W
02-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Will the KS47 parts be coming back in stock on the PSA website? I purchased a lower receiver and have been trying to buy the rest of the rifle for a while now but it's always out of stock. I am wondering if PSA is discontinuing their KS47 now that DDI is going to be releasing their own version of the KS47. Is PSA done with their KS47? If not, can you please tell us when we might have some parts in stock?

Palmetto State Armory
02-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Thank you for your inquiry.

The KS47 is simply out of stock, and should be back before too long. I don't have an accurate ETA, but it will be back in stock.

Mattylight30
02-17-2017, 04:25 AM
Now that, that question was answered what's the story of your 1911s?

uncommonsense
02-20-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm curious about what type of blems one could expect for the $20 savings over a non-blem barreled receiver kit.

uncommonsense
02-21-2017, 02:18 AM
I have a few of PSA's upper and lower blems but only on one is the upper truly a blem... it's missing some picitinny numbers paint. I suspect selling blems at a discount price is a way to avoid having too many sales.

It sounds like you are talking about AR15 receivers. I feel like there's a lot more opportunity for blems I wouldn't like with the barreled AK receivers, namely goofy rivets.

I don't mind cosmetic defects in the finish, but if it's something more then I'd be more inclined to get the non-blem version.

I picked up a blem 9mm LRBHO AR15 lower and I can't tell what the blem issue is with it, so I know what you're saying about making more product accessible without it being a sale.

uncommonsense
02-21-2017, 02:57 AM
I was referring to these KS47 hybrid receivers that use AK mags
Ah, that makes sense. I wasn't paying attention and was thinking this thread was about the PS-AK47. :o:o

Aceshigh
02-21-2017, 08:23 AM
I'm curious about what type of blems one could expect for the $20 savings over a non-blem barreled receiver kit.

You should spend some time reading the threads on this forum.

Might be enlightening to see what people's statements have been.

uncommonsense
02-21-2017, 12:54 PM
You should spend some time reading the threads on this forum.

Might be enlightening to see what people's statements have been.
I've not been terribly interested in a 7.62x39 bolt with AR15 external dimensions, so I haven't taken a great deal of interest in this product. But I'll take your suggestion and take another look.

ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT
02-26-2017, 11:35 AM
I picked up a blem 9mm LRBHO AR15 lower and I can't tell what the blem issue is with it, so I know what you're saying about making more product accessible without it being a sale.

Assembled mine last night with a $29 Anderson lower kit from Primary arms. I am on the email list to get another one. I may buy 2.

jmano
03-05-2017, 01:28 AM
Not really wanting to start a new tread so asking here.

Is there any plans to include a bolt hold/release on the KS47? Or at lease a side charger like the Gibbz upper? Something that doesn't require the rear charging handle every time you run a mag dry.

repatriate
03-06-2017, 08:47 PM
I don't mind cosmetic defects in the finish, but if it's something more then I'd be more inclined to get the non-blem version. I picked up a blem 9mm LRBHO AR15 lower and I can't tell what the blem issue is with it, ...

I recently received a complete Blem PSAK 47 GB2. Has 2 or 3 minor imperfections on the finish. (See two pics.) Am content to have saved a few bucks. The safety makes a slight line (a semi-scratch, if it could be called that) that buffs 90% away by swiping the finger over the line made by moving the switch. Perhaps I'll run some sandpaper up under it to smooth out the lever's dimple. The one picture here of it is before running my finger over it, making it mostly disappear. I wonder if others have this trait? (The zoom in pics are unfair to the gun, so also attached one pic of the whole, albeit tiny because you can't upload a decent size pic.)

Justin W
03-21-2017, 02:32 PM
PSA, do you guys have a time frame when the KS47 10.5" classic pistol kit will be back in stock?