PDA

View Full Version : PSA addresses AK questions

Pages : [1] 2

Palmetto State Armory
02-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Good Morning,

We saw the complaints Monday morning about the proper carrier being in the AK receiver and QC complaints. We spent Monday afternoon and Tuesday investigating the issues and coming up with solutions to the problems. We want everyone to know that as we stated earlier, we are a “satisfaction guaranteed or your money back company”.

Carrier in the AK receiver- So far we have sold approx. 350 AK kits. We looked at our receiving reports vs on hand inventory and believe that of the 350 sold, up to about 120 had cast carriers in them. The rest had a forged carrier. This is why some customers are saying their carrier looks great and others are complaining. If you believe that you have a cast carrier please e-mail your order number and serial number to akcs@palmettostatearmory.com and we will send you a call tag for your cast one and a forged carrier to replace the one you have now. This is simply a sign of good faith to everyone who has already put their faith and business with us. It will take us about a week to ship your new carrier out as our next shipment comes back from the coater the middle of next week. We hope you enjoy the complimentary upgrade.

New AK Receiver Models- This week we are revamping our AK receiver line to line up to have similar pricing levels as our AR line. The 3 tiered method has done well in the AR15 market for us and we are going to use it on the AK side as well.
1. Freedom AK receiver- Retail $399.99 ($379.99 Blem)
a. Billet Bolt
b. Billet Trunnion
c. Cast Carrier
d. 4150 Nitrided Barrel
2. Premium AK Reciever- Retail $469.99 (449.99 Blem)
a. Hammer Forged Bolt
b. Hammer Forged Trunnion
c. Hammer Forged Carrier
d. 4150 Nitrided Barrel
3. CHF Barreled AK Reciever- Retail $549.99 (529.99 Blem)
a. Hammer Forged Bolt
c. Hammer Forged Carrier
d. Hammer Forged Barrel

The new 3 tiered structure will be posted today. The Freedom and Premium will be in production ASAP. The CHF will follow shortly.

QC Issues- We had some customers that have complained about various issues. From what we can tell most of the issues come from a series of older recievers that were assembled on prior tooling. Our current tooling has QC checks built in. These older ones are the genesis of the problems. Each one of these issues was looked at in detail and a fix put in place. If you have experienced one of these issue please e-mail us at akcs@palmettostatearmory.com and we will send you a call tag. We guarantee your satisfaction or you money back. Please keep in mind that small cosmetic blemishes may be visible on "blem sales" but this will in no way effect the functionality of the firearm.

As a general note I would like to explain PSA as a company and what we are doing. The AK value chain is spread over a number of departments and hundreds of people and machines. If we are going to give you an accurate answer it will take us some time to do research across the value chain and determine the cause not just the symptom. If there is an issue, IM or e-mail us and we will take care of it.

Please understand that we will always take care of you. We are the biggest advocates for the AK consumer in the country, we are your advocates as well! One of our biggest goals was to make the AR affordable for the hard working American citizen. We could charge higher margins, but that would take the platform out of the financial reach of some individuals and we wanted it to be affordable to all. The more freedom owned by our citizens, the better off we all are. We are applying the same model to the AK. Everyone should be able to afford to build a quality AK and our hope is that you choose a PSA because you believe in us as much as we believe in you!

We appreciate your business,
Jamin

Martensite
02-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Carrier in the AK receiver- So far we have sold approx. 350 AK kits. We looked at our receiving reports vs on hand inventory and believe that of the 350 sold, up to about 120 had cast carriers in them. The rest had a forged carrier. This is why some customers are saying their carrier looks great and others are complaining. If you believe that you have a cast carrier please e-mail your order number and serial number to akcs@palmettostatearmory.com and we will send you a call tag for your cast one and a forged carrier to replace the one you have now. ...We hope you enjoy the complimentary upgrade.

1. Freedom AK receiver- Retail $399.99 ($379.99 Blem)
a. Billet Bolt
b. Billet Trunnion
c. Cast Carrier
d. 4150 Nitrided Barrel

So the $399 kit was always supposed to have a cast carrier even though it was reputed to be identical to Robski's rifle...just in kit form? I think this was deceptive advertising or a just a HUGE misunderstanding by lot of those on this Forum that purchased these kits.

KrinkovMan
02-08-2017, 12:04 PM
So the $399 kit was always supposed to have a cast carrier even though it was advertised as being identical to Robski's rifle...just in kit form? I think this was deceptive advertising or a just a HUGE misunderstanding by lot of those on this Forum that purchased these kits.

I agree from the shot show video from rob they said all billet "NO CAST" and said the price. Now it looks like we are going to get cast for the "great price" that made a lot of people interested in this product.

Sn1p3r_1
02-08-2017, 12:13 PM
3. CHF AK Reciever- Retail $549.99 (529.99 Blem)

CHF AK receiver = Milled right?

Palmetto State Armory
02-08-2017, 12:17 PM

Description clarified.

CHF Barreled AK receiver

bda
02-08-2017, 12:19 PM

I think the CHF is meaning the barrel in this case. Nevermind already answered.

02-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Thank you Jamin.

OnTop
02-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Your company lied/deceived and you came out saying you will replaced those cast carriers as "...good faith to everyone...", fuck that!

How about the matching serial numbers, as "good faith to everyone", will you also engrave those too?

BTW, your response is like a slap in the face to those barreled receiver buyers (including me with a POS falling apart NON-BLEM kit). Email was sent yesterday morning and no reply yet.

Again, do not mention "good faith to everyone" for your mistake!

OT

AKme
02-08-2017, 12:38 PM
will getting a different carrier cause head spacing issues? will you guys be etching the replacement carriers with the proper serial number? will the piston be riveted to the carrier instead of roll-pinned?

DOS AK's
02-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Option 2 and 3, is this the DDI hammer forged product line?

Those are three nice option lines at different price points. Hopefully round two goes smoother for you guys. We want you to succeed, but that cast bolt was a major fuckup. Glad to see you taking care of it.

KrinkovMan
02-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Yea I am for sure out on these, I almost broke out the credit card when they kept popping up back in stock. But after all this I feel like it was kind of a bait and switch tactic.

AKme
02-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Your company lied/deceived and you came out saying you will replaced those cast carriers as "...good faith to everyone...", fuck that!

How about the matching serial numbers, as "good faith to everyone", will you also engrave those too?

BTW, your response is like a slap in the face to those barreled receiver buyers (including me with a POS falling apart NON-BLEM kit). Email was sent yesterday morning and no reply yet.

OT

this!

nalioth
02-08-2017, 12:47 PM
will getting a different carrier cause head spacing issues?
The bolt carrier has nothing to do with headspace.

TheBohunk
02-08-2017, 12:49 PM
I find it hard to believe that PSA didn't know they were going to do a tiered system long before the problems started arising. Why not be up front from the get go?

This kinda stinks.

Highpower
02-08-2017, 12:52 PM
What a bunch of fucking whiners! They said they would replace the cast carriers.

Palmetto State Armory
02-08-2017, 12:52 PM
will getting a different carrier cause head spacing issues? will you guys be etching the replacement carriers with the proper serial number? will the piston be riveted to the carrier instead of roll-pinned?

There should be no headspace issue with the carrier.

The carrier will be laser engraved with the serial as original, and the piston will be riveted.

deadduck357
02-08-2017, 12:54 PM
A bit deceptive/confusing on the rollout with these receiver kits. Some will be pissed but it looks like PSA is willing and going to make things right.

I held off buying one because I've learned that anything new from any company can have discrepancies. Live and learn. I will probably buy a PSA at some point when everything gets running smooth.

AKme
The bolt carrier has nothing to do with headspace.

thanks. being a newb, i wasn't sure

hoevito
Are the CHF barrels going to be Nitrided or chrome lined?

Also...any plans for any milled receiver lines in the future?

AKme
02-08-2017, 12:55 PM
There should be no headspace issue with the carrier.

The carrier will be laser engraved with the serial as original, and the piston will be riveted.

thanks for the info

Palmetto State Armory
02-08-2017, 12:56 PM

Those are three nice option lines at different price points. Hopefully round two goes smoother for you guys. We want you to succeed, but that cast bolt was a major fuckup. Glad to see you taking care of it.

These are PSA developed products. We are replacing the carriers, not the bolts.

giantpune
02-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Is there an easy way to tell which bolt carrier we received? I can't tell the difference between cast and forged just by looking at them.

mattvon
02-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Email sent. Thank you for making this right for those of us who have had issues or were shipped the wrong part.

plastikman47
02-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Interesting. Had I known this was the "freedom" line, I may have waited for the higher end stuff. No biggie though. I just sent ya'll an email for the carrier upgrade (thanks!).

mengra1
02-08-2017, 01:10 PM
So let me understand this.

Intro with cast carriers roll pinned then lie to robski and the rest of us saying all forged.

Then release a low price point with the promise and don't back it up initially.

Long after the shitstorm you caused, you say in good faith Youre upholding your original promise after Youre called out even though the only reason you sold the 350 kits was on the review robski made without the same shit cast carrier?

Then you initiate damage control because we aren't all morons but some of us are now stuck with your AK parts kit to complete the barreled receiver we no longer have faith in,

And at the same time now create a tier system to charge more for the originally promised forged parts?

Sounds great-not.

Way to flip it around on us and not accept anything but honor returns on your initial promise.

Bring on Riley defense review. My kits for sale.

bd8604
02-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Email sent. Thank you for making this right for those of us who have had issues or were shipped the wrong part.

You weren't shipped the wrong part, the 379/399 were supposed to always have cast carriers, look at the pricing layout in the 1st post. They got nailed on a bald-faced lie and are now upgrading your shit to dig out of the hole.

I'm wondering when the super secret handguards will be released so all of you can use the 2nd retainer cut.

PSA, y'all are some shady people but your deals are so good when things go right. Absolutely a love/hate relationship.

GREYSTAR
02-08-2017, 01:17 PM
My guess is the tier system is just a way to get rid of the cast carriers that will be returned.
I can say that if they replace my carrier with the one that I was expecting, I can live with the other issues. Email Sent

TX_1821

OT

This guy gets it.
Like you already OP, saying it how it is:notworthy
They pretty much lied to everyone saying it's the same as their current ak, minus being assembled and shit.
Plus used rob ski for free advertising, then do the magic bait & switch.
Nothing to see here, just some good ol' plain Capitalism! lol

Good thing I waited.
Gotta let the pawns go first:wink_smal

vellnueve

The bolt isn't cast.

plastikman47
You weren't shipped the wrong part, the 379/399 were supposed to always have cast carriers, look at the pricing layout in the 1st post. They got nailed on a bald-faced lie and are now upgrading your shit to dig out of the hole.

I'm wondering when the super secret handguards will be released so all of you can use the 2nd retainer cut.

PSA, y'all are some shady people but your deals are so good when things go right. Absolutely a love/hate relationship.

We looked at our receiving reports vs on hand inventory and believe that of the 350 sold, up to about 120 had cast carriers in them. The rest had a forged carrier. This is why some customers are saying their carrier looks great and others are complaining.

Sounds to me like some got them, some didn't, even though we all bought the same kit. So someone got the wrong part, regardless.

rstrobel
02-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Regarding the double handguard retainer notch that appeared on some kits but not all kits:

This was described to us as a new feature and yet most reported that their handguards would not install in either notch.

Will you continue to cut double handguard retainer notches in some barrels? If so, can we request a barrel that does not have the double cut?

KrinkovMan
02-08-2017, 01:25 PM
So let me understand this.

Intro with cast carriers roll pinned then lie to robski and the rest of us saying all forged.

Then release a low price point with the promise and don't back it up initially.

Long after the shitstorm you caused, you say in good faith Youre upholding your original promise after Youre called out even though the only reason you sold the 350 kits was on the review robski made without the same shit cast carrier?

Then you initiate damage control because we aren't all morons but some of us are now stuck with your AK parts kit to complete the barreled receiver we no longer have faith in,

And at the same time now create a tier system to charge more for the originally promised forged parts?

Sounds great-not.

Way to flip it around on us and not accept anything but honor returns on your initial promise.

Bring on Riley defense review. My kits for sale.

Yes exactly how I see it, they pumped up the hype with the shot show video rob posted which is what got me super interested thinking I could buy great quality for a good price. Now when it all comes out they hit us with a bait and switch and now want to offer less quality for the same price... for 399 i get something that was supposed to be all billet watch the video and the rep says "NO CAST" parts. I can buy the Riley Defense complete gun for 499 and get a complete USA made AK with straight sights and honest advertising with no bait and switch marketing.

bamajosh
02-08-2017, 01:32 PM
So if I ordered this rifle http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psak-47-gb2-classic-polymer-rifle-516444663.html, which of those 3 tiers should I be expecting? My rifle will be coming in today to my FFL. If I don't have the same rifle as what Rob Ski got, do i also get to send it back for the same rifle as Rob Ski? The only reason i purchased the rifle was based on his review and 5000 rd test. I am already feeling I should have ordered an Arsenal.

Ez556
02-08-2017, 01:43 PM
So if I ordered this rifle http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psak-47-gb2-classic-polymer-rifle-516444663.html, which of those 3 tiers should I be expecting? My rifle will be coming in today to my FFL. If I don't have the same rifle as what Rob Ski got, do i also get to send it back for the same rifle as Rob Ski? The only reason i purchased the rifle was based on his review and 5000 rd test. I am already feeling I should have ordered an Arsenal.

This is a very valid question. Is this tier system limited to the barreled receivers or will it be applied to the complete rifles as well? What's the current tier of the complete rifles? Obviously all the barreled receivers are tier 1. I believe my complete has a cast carrier but I bought it circa 2016.

Largesfc
02-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Well this went to shit pretty fast!!!

Ez556
02-08-2017, 01:49 PM
I must say I do like the idea of the system and I wouldn't mind getting one of the tier 2 rifles next year, but it was carried out in an irresponsible and dare I say deceptive manner. It doesn't affect me much, but I know you guys lost the trust of many on here, especially the ones who bought a barreled reciever.

Fire4Effect
02-08-2017, 01:51 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/3B15B686-08F4-4FC1-94EA-EB91071398B4_zpsugbv46va.jpg

Can you explain how something like that gets shipped.

Bosniac
02-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Screw PSA. That is all. I'm never going to spend another penny with them. Believe me.

mengra1
02-08-2017, 01:53 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/3B15B686-08F4-4FC1-94EA-EB91071398B4_zpsugbv46va.jpg

That looks like dogshit. I feel bad looking at it. I didn't even sell you that and I feel bad. PSA has nothing to defend that garbage. And here we are badmouthing IO. PSA you just made a RAS47

Fire4Effect
02-08-2017, 01:58 PM
It's not mine, but rather just a picture from the other thread. I felt it needs an explanation from PSA though. I was interested in PSA's AK offers until I saw that picture.

iajtywu
02-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Can I get my cleaning rod back from when I had to send my AK in for a new reciol spring please?

pre1989
02-08-2017, 02:03 PM
I have been a fan of the PSA stuff cheep and it normal worked

But I have been eying this stuff for a while and that is not going to be a sale

Yes the pricing is a good idea but how the roll out was handel ie a lot of us being pigs for testing was not handle right

I am happy you are trying to fix it but it seems it should not have happen in the first place

mengra1
02-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Literally PSA mergers with DDI and learned nothing from their mistakes. Liars share two things, no credibility and no need for mention . bring on Riley defense

AKme
02-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Yes exactly how I see it, they pumped up the hype with the shot show video rob posted which is what got me super interested thinking I could buy great quality for a good price. Now when it all comes out they hit us with a bait and switch and now want to offer less quality for the same price... for 399 i get something that was supposed to be all billet watch the video and the rep says "NO CAST" parts. I can buy the Riley Defense complete gun for 499 and get a complete USA made AK with straight sights and honest advertising with no bait and switch marketing.

yep!

2:20 ish on in the video is key. dont know how to post the actual video
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c_r0voFJ2vY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TideAlum
02-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Everyone jumped my ass when I asked why they had so many blem kits in the first place. Deception at it's finest. Sorry you guys got played. Hopefully they make this right, ASAP!

irierider
02-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Can't wait for the stupid cheap prices those CHF kits will hit when you get them going. I love those PSS daily deals, they're insane!

jekbrown
02-08-2017, 02:09 PM
As much as I'd like to join the mob mentality, I'm chalking this up to growing pains. PSA is simultaneously getting into manufacturing a completely new (to them) product line AND merging with a company that did similar stuff. Is it lame that some crap products were shipped? Yes, of course it is...I'm just saying that there are often bumps in the road like this in situations like this. I have bought a lot of stuff from PSA and I have confidence that eventually everything will be sorted out.

What I would like to see, prior to ordering, is a robski test of all 3 grades with side by side before/during/after detailed comparisons. I actually like the 'tiers' system of selling gun kits and would be interested in seeing the results.

KrinkovMan
02-08-2017, 02:10 PM
yep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_r0voFJ2vY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c_r0voFJ2vY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Palmetto State Armory
02-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Palmetto State Armory is proud to say that the AK featured in a the AK Operator Unions 5000 round torture test featured a cast carrier. This seems to be a point of a question in regards to the production of our rifle kits. The base model will continue to feature this style carrier and we are confident in its ability and quality. PSA has always stood behind its product with a lifetime warranty and will continue to do so.

The upgraded features will be available soon to appeal to the requests made by some of our customers. The offer to replace previously purchased carriers is simply PSA making sure that all of our amazing customers 100% understand what they are receiving! PSA is proud of our results in the AKOU 5000 torture test and will continue to sell that exact same gun at $699 and the barreled receiver with a cast carrier, billet trunnion, and billet bolt at $399!

KrinkovMan
02-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Palmetto State Armory is proud to say that the AK featured in a the AK Operator Unions 5000 round torture test featured a cast carrier. This seems to be a point of a question in regards to the production of our rifle kits. The base model will continue to feature this style carrier and we are confident in its ability and quality. PSA has always stood behind its product with a lifetime warranty and will continue to do so.

The upgraded features will be available soon to appeal to the requests made by some of our customers. The offer to replace previously purchased carriers is simply PSA making sure that all of our amazing customers 100% understand what they are receiving! PSA is proud of our results in the AKOU 5000 torture test and will continue to sell that exact same gun at $699 and the barreled receiver with a cast carrier, billet trunnion, and billet bolt at $399!

I dont think that is the issue, Watch the video i just posted with a representative of your company who told us all at the 2:20 mark that we will be getting MILLED ALL BILLET NO CAST parts in the gun, Rob even emphasizes about the MILLED ALL BILLET components.

OnTop
02-08-2017, 02:16 PM
That looks like dogshit. I feel bad looking at it. I didn't even sell you that and I feel bad. PSA has nothing to defend that garbage. And here we are badmouthing IO. PSA you just made a RAS47

You should have seen my facial expression along with WTF, OMFG, etc... when I inspected it. Yes, I am the lucky winner of that dog shit and the funny thing is I paid extra for the NON-BLEM one.

I purchased it due to the video from Rob Ski and the info from PSA rep Shot Show 2017. If PSA is giving my money back, is it also reasonable for them to pay all associate fees (shipping, FFL transfer fee and 8.15% sale tax. Yes, in the great state of NV, the FFLs are required to collect sales tax for transfer).

Email sent again. Waiting for the reply.

OT

mengra1
02-08-2017, 02:20 PM
You should have seen my facial expression along with WTF, OMFG, etc... when I inspected it. Yes, I am the lucky winner of that dog shit and the funny thing is I paid extra for the NON-BLEM one.

I purchased it due to the video from Rob Ski and the info from PSA rep Shot Show 2017. If PSA is giving my money back, is it also reasonable for them to pay all associate fees (shipping, FFL transfer fee and 8.15% sale tax. Yes, in the great state of NV, the FFLs are required to collect sales tax for transfer).

Email sent again. Waiting for the reply.

OT

Jeez... Deceptive marketing and openly lying to their customers won you that beaut....funny they say robs carrier was the same....don't remember it looking like yours....

KrinkovMan
02-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Rob Ski
"Let me make this clear, this is the gun we tested?"
Palmetto state Rep
"absolutely"
Rob Ski
" So this is a Milled Bolt, Milled bolt carrier and everything?"
Palmetto state Rep
"I saw some people commenting on your facebook live asking, There are NO CAST PARTS on this everything is to the spec that you ran through your 5k rounds test"

GuidoFL
02-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Is there an easy way to tell which bolt carrier we received? I can't tell the difference between cast and forged just by looking at them.

Excellent question ! Or will the serial numbers tell which is which ?

bamajosh
02-08-2017, 02:25 PM

Yet your rep at SHOT show said , "There are no cast parts".

OnTop
02-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Jeez... Deceptive marketing and openly lying to their customers won you that beaut....funny they say robs carrier was the same....don't remember it looking like yours....

Did you see the picture of the magazine latch pin that came out just for trying out the mags? Priceless!

OT

mengra1
02-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Did you see the picture of the magazine latch pin that came out just for trying out the mags? Priceless!

OT

I did...pistons that don't seat properly, carriers that don't close, barrel in mels rifle pressed in off center so badly the sights can't be zeroed

RockyTop1911
02-08-2017, 02:32 PM
I dont think that is the issue, Watch the video i just posted with a representative of your company who told us all at the 2:20 mark that we will be getting MILLED ALL BILLET NO CAST parts in the gun, Rob even emphasizes about the MILLED ALL BILLET components.

Boom!

bamajosh
02-08-2017, 02:35 PM
I am still not seeing the new tiers on PSA's website.

Ez556
02-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Palmetto State Armory is proud to say that the AK featured in a the AK Operator Unions 5000 round torture test featured a cast carrier. This seems to be a point of a question in regards to the production of our rifle kits. The base model will continue to feature this style carrier and we are confident in its ability and quality.

This answers my question, I'm happy with it too so far and it survived Robs test. I think a lot of this comes from unintentionally lazy conversation from people. When they say "no cast parts" people take it as none what so ever, when the person speaking meant "no cast parts-that-people-have-been-complaining-about-not-being-forged". EVERYTHING doesn't need to be forged, imports have cast rear trunions. As long as the front trunion and bolt are not cast and the other stuff holds up it's good for me.

AKme
02-08-2017, 02:37 PM
has anyone got an email back from PSA after requesting a replacement carrier? i haven't. i assumed that if they had this all planned out like it says in the OP, they would have someone with the sole responsibility to respond to these emails and get shit squared away ASAP.

bd8604
02-08-2017, 02:39 PM
PSA is simultaneously getting into manufacturing a completely new (to them) product line AND merging with a company that did similar stuff.

What short memories people have....

This is not "new" to PSA. The PSA AK has been around for nearing two years IIRC. They got caught in a storm over clear-as-mud answers about cast parts on the gen1, followed by a recall for headspace issues, and many people had a bunch of other issues with them.

People are giving them a pass on these gen2 issues as if this is the first time they've ran into a big heaping pile of issues with an AK roll out.

DDI has nothing to do with this situation.

PSA has done "similar stuff" well before the DDI merger. History of pulling shady shit with their AR line is well documented. Lots of non-milspec parts being sold as being mil-spec, etc. Ultimately for 95% of us it doesn't matter, the receivers, bolts or the gas keys will still work just the same and most will be totally oblivious to it and go on to enjoy their "milspec" rifle parts for many years. It's a documented history of bait & switch and reaching for subpar parts when demand dictates without any forewarning or discount to the consumer.

They generally are well worthwhile even when not exactly as advertised. They probably more than any other company pushed open the door of reliable budget oriented ARs. The naivety and excuse making of some here is gross however.

AKme
02-08-2017, 02:39 PM
This answers my question, I'm happy with it too so far and it survived Robs test. I think a lot of this comes from unintentionally lazy conversation from people. When they say "no cast parts" people take it as none what so ever, when the person speaking meant "no cast parts-that-people-have-been-complaining-about-not-being-forged". EVERYTHING doesn't need to be forged, imports have cast rear trunions. As long as the front trunion and bolt are not cast and the other stuff holds up it's good for me.

if you look at robs video review he has pictures of his carrier and it does NOT look cast. mine looks nothing like his either.

6:09 in the video for robs carrier
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ULWb-83QW_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ke4yzn
02-08-2017, 02:58 PM
The bolt isn't cast.

Seems there are some people who don't know the differance between a bolt and a bolt carrier.

XENOMORPH
02-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Yet your rep at SHOT show said , "There are no cast parts".

That "rep" is the managment!

Neanderthal
02-08-2017, 03:18 PM

Please explain how Rob Ski's carrier looks nothing like the "cast" carriers show in this and the other thread then? I call BS.

Here's some screenshots of Rob's carrier.

https://i.imgur.com/VJNsJ4Y.png

https://i.imgur.com/p80Jz2i.png

https://i.imgur.com/A2phbrs.png

Largesfc
02-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Its not the cast part its the misinformation.

XENOMORPH
02-08-2017, 03:28 PM
"QC Issues- We had some customers that have complained about various issues. From what we can tell most of the issues come from a series of older recievers that were assembled on prior tooling. Our current tooling has QC checks built in. These older ones are the genesis of the problems. Each one of these issues was looked at in detail and a fix put in place. If you have experienced one of these issue please e-mail us at akcs@palmettostatearmory.com and we will send you a call tag. We guarantee your satisfaction or you money back. Please keep in mind that small cosmetic blemishes may be visible on "blem sales" but this will in no way effect the functionality of the firearm."

So what? we got gen1 leftovers takin up space in your wherehouse, and you are only now putting in qc checks wtf....

Please explain how Rob Ski's carrier looks nothing like the "cast" carriers show in this and the other thread then? I call BS.

Here's some screenshots of Rob's carrier.

Ill eat my shoe if thats cast..... :rolleyes:

RadScorpius
02-08-2017, 03:32 PM
So far every All US Made AK has turn into clusterfucks, I don't have much faith left now, and PSA was just restore that faith last year.

Lol, looks worse than the T-34 cast turrets made by Stalingrad factory during the middle of the German siege and Blitzkrieg of 1942.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YfTq8LAQAXQ/VXeb_QS2tWI/AAAAAAAAG_g/d_AyXMix7Ek/s1600/turret.jpg

XENOMORPH
02-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Its not the cast part its the misinformation.

100%

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Some thick motherfuckers in this thread.

They clearly said they are NOW implementing the tier system.

No misinformation idiots, as they will replace carriers that should not have gone out - and from here on out - it will be a tier system.

Fuck sakes already. I also wonder how many complaining - even have a fucking PSA setup....

That said.....how about you let them do what they say, which is make it right, I know a lot of companies that would have told people to kick rocks...

So good on PSA.

Fuck sakes.

A company stands behind their product, and the morons among us - still want to whine, and talk shit as they cannot read and comprehend what they are reading.

All I know is I have bought dozens of times from them - and will continue to do so.

Refreshing to see a company trying to set things straight and satisfy their customers.

Neanderthal
02-08-2017, 03:45 PM

No misinformation idiots, as they will replace carriers that should not have gone out - and from here on out - it will be a tier system.

Fuck sakes already. I also wonder how many complaining - even have a fucking PSA setup....

That said.....how about you let them do what they say, which is make it right, I know a lot of companies that would have told people to kick rocks...

So good on PSA.

Fuck sakes.

A company stands behind their product, and the morons among us - still want to whine, and talk shit as they cannot read and comprehend what they are reading.

All I know is I have bought dozens of times from them - and will continue to do so.

Refreshing to see a company trying to set things straight and satisfy their customers.

They wouldn't have to replace parts and try to justify their shit right out of the gate if only they were honest in the first place. They lied about what it was and are now paying for that. Is honestly really too much to ask for?

genxgixxer
02-08-2017, 03:46 PM
That fat pOS PSA rep lying to Rob like a Sham Wow snake oil salesman...clearly Robs carrier is not cast, and they built these kit rifles with shit cast carriers to maximize profit. Super unethical and shady, i feel bad for those who bought these POSPSA abominations.

XENOMORPH
DIRECT QUESTION:

If robs test rifle had a cast carrier,and the 399 kit was always supposed to have a cast carrier.
Why did "adam" say they where the same and no cast parts.
And over the last couple months every article review and and youtube review i could find (and i looked at all of them) say the trunnion, bolt and carrier on gb2's were milled from a billet block?

jekbrown

This is not "new" to PSA. The PSA AK has been around for nearing two years IIRC.

Sorry for the confusion in my lingo. In my mind 2 years ago is 'new' at making a new type of rifle, especially AKs. The commies have been doing it for 60+ years and they are the standard. That's a long time to iron out the kinks. I'm not making excuses for any misrepresentations made by reps at SHOT or anywhere else, I'm just expressing my opinion that these specs issues will likely be resolved and, once they are, I'll probably buy one. Like a lot of people here I have quite a few 'spare parts' for AKs, so I like that I can buy a barreled receiver that is US made (suck it 922!) AK and 'use up' some of that imported surplus 'stuff' and make a fun shooter out of it.

They generally are well worthwhile even when not exactly as advertised. They probably more than any other company pushed open the door of reliable budget oriented ARs. The naivety and excuse making of some here is gross however.

That is generally my opinion of PSA. I've never had an issue with their premium AR BCGs personally, but otherwise I think of their ARs like I do Radical Firearms ARs. Cheap range guns. Nothing wrong with that. Most of us have a couple of 'business guns' and all the rest are 'toys' anyway. That said, considering their history, they should be very very specific, and honest, when it comes to these AK parts. What kind of materials are used, what kind of manufacturing processes, what kind of compatibility issues there are, all of it. I'm not disagreeing with any such sentiments.

RadScorpius
02-08-2017, 03:51 PM

So good on PSA.

Fuck sakes.

They did ship cast parts with this batch without mentioning the tier system. Sounds to me like they wanted to maximize profit on some units and hope nobody notices it.

Largesfc
02-08-2017, 03:54 PM
That is misinformation or an outright lie!

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 03:55 PM
They wouldn't have to replace parts and try to justify their shit right out of the gate if only they were honest in the first place. They lied about what it was and are now paying for that. Is honestly really too much to ask for?

They had an issue where old shit got mixed in.

And what did they do about it....oh wait they came here, admitted it and are replacing them.

You don't get much more honest than that.

They did ship cast parts with this batch without mentioning the tier system. Sounds to me like they wanted to maximize profit on some units and hope nobody notices it.

Because they have NOW, as in NOW - decided to tier it out.

You miss that part of their post?

As apparently everyone else did.

But go on, you and the rest - burn down a company trying to do the right thing.

Brilliant....

That is misinformation or an outright lie!

Probably because NO cast parts were supposed to be there and going out...

Which is why they are now replacing them, for anyone who mistakenly got one.

So......there is that.

Neanderthal
02-08-2017, 04:01 PM
They had an issue where old shit got mixed in.

And what did they do about it....oh wait they came here, admitted it and are replacing them.

You don't get much more honest than that.

Brilliant....

And also came here and claimed that Rob's AK used in the test was a cast carrier. You're saying that this is cast and the same carrier as used in the others? Uh-uh.

RadScorpius
02-08-2017, 04:04 PM

Brilliant....

Problem is not what they do NOW, but what they did before when they first released them. Those who bought them weren't being told anything about different level of parts, including me. We bought it thinking it will have non-cast parts. What would have happened to all of us if no one noticed? Deal with it?

XENOMORPH
02-08-2017, 04:04 PM

So......there is that.

Read the first post statement, they are saying yes they were supposed to be cast but if your not happy we will "upgrade you" they are now saying robs carrier was cast also...
Read it carefully they are wording carefully, what the statement really says is it was always supposed to have cast some accidently got forged ones and from now on the 399 kits will always have cast.

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 04:11 PM
I think what we have here, is a company that launched something and rolled it out too fast - and with that comes all the problems being seen.

But unlike most companies - I am glad they are making it right.

And that is the bottom line. Quit any bullshit, real or perceived, and just make it right.

Since they are making it right - that's all I care about.

Beating them, berating them and all the rest is just noise making as someone has nothing else to do in their life.

That's my point lads.

And the tier is new, if someone misidentified something or mis-spoke to save their own hide, well it happens. But now the company is involved and making it right.

Again...that's the bottom line for me.

All I care is that they make it right for the members here who actually did buy one and got a crap carrier. So long as that happens and there is clarity going forward, than I am good with it.

rbox1064
02-08-2017, 04:37 PM
yep!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c_r0voFJ2vY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whelp I was thinking "lying and deceptive" was strong language until I rewatched that! :huh_small

4mula
02-08-2017, 04:39 PM
I think what we have here, is a company that launched something and rolled it out too fast - and with that comes all the problems being seen.

And that is the bottom line. Quit any bullshit, real or perceived, and just make it right.

Beating them, berating them and all the rest is just noise making as someone has nothing else to do in their life.

That's my point lads.

And the tier is new, if someone misidentified something or mis-spoke to save their own hide, well it happens. But now the company is involved and making it right.

All I care is that they make it right for the members here who actually did buy one and got a crap carrier. So long as that happens and there is clarity going forward, than I am good with it.

Beating and berating a company is a good way of running it off and them not wanting to work with people.
Some people dont get how lucky the AK community is that a manufacturer like PSA is willing to even bother with a place like AKFILES.
When new products come out in any industry theres always 'fuck ups' everybody knows that. Those fuck ups are mainly growing pains.
PSA is trying to make right one of them by shipping out a replacement product.
Now some people no matter what will go on with a rant berating away no matter what, but its not going to accomplish anything and possibly make things worse. Remember, nobody wants to deal with asshole, being 'nice' will always get you further.

xbtgnowtytan
02-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Did anyone here question why a VENDOR SUPPLIED rifle as opposed to a off-the-shelf rifle was used in AKOU PSA 5000 round test?

Even though I know the answer, it still shows just how smart people are here to not even question why vendor supplied guns are allowed to be used in tests. Not a chance that they'll send a creampuff and thoroughly inspected rifle to a man who's feet are kissed and who can make or break a company's rep.

No testing should be done on a vendor supplied ( and probably inspected before it leaves the factory ) rifle. It's just not good common sense and begs for dishonesty.

Century, IO, are sons of bitches for dishonesty but really don't care as they will sell all they produce. No one here would have been silent if AKOU got a rifle directly from them to test. So why was there such deafening silence when PSA and DDI sent AKOU rifles for testing.?

You tell me.

akdaddie
02-08-2017, 04:42 PM
The Mighty WASR wins again!!!

IJDM
02-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Love PSA ARs, have a couple. Was in their main store yesterday almost whipped out the CC on the polymer AK but decided to wait a couple days. Glad I did. Sorry, this is the second round of fuckery with PSA AKs. I'll stick with my couple of Yugos and save a little longer for an Arsenal.

DoorKicker
02-08-2017, 05:08 PM
I have two nice Chinese built preban AKs. One AKM and one underfolder. I didn't need nor want another AK but the idea of assembling my own quality US manufactured AK sounded appealing to me.
The videos helped me make up my mind that PSA was the answer. Here is a guy that is widely know for his knowledge of the AK47 rifle, and a representative from the manufacture making a video, you really have no reason to question what they are saying.
However, it has been nothing but a head ache for me since I order my kits. I have been assured that it is going to turn out right in the end.
I am somewhat hopeful but we shall see.

I think PSA would do better by admitting their mistake and doing everything they can to fix it, than they would by trying to shift blame and offering to fix the buyers misunderstanding. "In good faith"

The guy from PSA in the video either knowingly lied. Or he is not knowledgeable enough about AKs to be selling them at SHOT show or on videos... Either way, it is certainly not a misunderstanding on the part of the buyers...

DoorKicker
02-08-2017, 05:21 PM

So......there is that.

no because she said that cast parts will be in the lowest tier AK from here on out
PSA always did and still intends to use some cast parts. According to what I am reading

Johnny Gunz
02-08-2017, 05:23 PM
These are not left over Gen. 1 parts as far as I can tell. The Gen. 1 carriers had a different finish and were riveted, as well as not appearing to have a soft tail. I would guess the story as given is correct, and these were budget parts meant for something current or new.

One thing curious is a post on Arfcom which said one was shipped without a front sling loop. I thought that was fixed on Gen. 1.5? Did these all come without the HG retainer loop?

Aceshigh
02-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Here's my VERY specific inquiry in the Palmetto State subforum.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294727

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017/01/17/deal-day-palmetto-state-armory-releasing-sub-500-ak-47-kit/

When do these debut ???

Are these 100% manufactured in the USA and the same basic rifle that AK
Operators Union did the 5,000 round test on and passed with flying colors ??
Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes, the kit is the unassembled version of the rifle Robski tested. It is assembled from all-new US-made components.

So I'll let everyone else read that and determine their own final judgements.

Gaddywack
02-08-2017, 05:31 PM

That's my point lads.

Voice of reason. Thank you. If you bought one and it was a lemon you have skin in the game. If not, use one of the other dozen threads on this topic to bitch about how you will never spend another nickel at PSA. Some of us are actually trying to sift through the noise and make an educated decision on what we should do with our rifles.

Yes, PSA screwed the pootch on this roll out. I think they know that by now. But they are trying to make it right. Any of you have a wife/girlfriend that constantly nags you about the mistakes you made in the past.......sound familiar.

Aceshigh
02-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Palmetto State Armory is proud to say that the AK featured in a the AK Operator Unions 5000 round torture test featured a cast carrier. !

This was never revealed in any forum threads or testing.

This is why there's alot of suspicion regarding how this rifle was sold.

Everyone was led to believe this rifle used billet steel parts......in every thread.

IN fact, I'd love to see a thread post that revealed it was a cast carrier .......

Dwe
02-08-2017, 05:47 PM
So...
We at AK files, who believed PSA when they said "No cast parts" bla bla bla, order and get our kits and find the many issues as documents on multiple threads on this board.
Then finally after the shitstorm PSA finally admits to a cast carrier to which they then roll out a three tiered kit so that it would seem those who actually got the correct BCG's got a bonus and those of us who finally get what we thought we paid for in the first place, has now somehow turned into. "Enjoy the upgrade". And then we find out how proud PSA is in claiming that the 5000 round test rifle actually had a cast carrier???
This is priceless! You can't make this shit up!
So here is my question. What happens to all the good folks out there that bought the
Kits that don't read the files? I'm sure that in the spirit of honesty PSA will then contact all
Who got Cast Carriers in their kits and offer to upgrade them as well... Right?
I mean in an effort to be the stand up company they are claiming to be.

DoorKicker
02-08-2017, 05:51 PM

Really? Really? REALLY??? Have you watched the video and compared a Cast vs Forged carrier?
PSA, stop while you are way behind. Fix the problem and quit trying to shift blame to the customer. Your actions are making it hard for anyone to continue to have faith in your company

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 05:52 PM
no because she said that cast parts will be in the lowest tier AK from hear on out
PSA always did and still intends to use some cast parts. According to what I am reading

Not according to what they just posted.

And 3 posts............since 2013.

Interesting - 3 year old member, whose only posts are in this thread.

Did anyone here question why a VENDOR SUPPLIED rifle as opposed to a off-the-shelf rifle was used in AKOU PSA 5000 round test?

Even though I know the answer, it still shows just how smart people are here to not even question why vendor supplied guns are allowed to be used in tests. Not a chance that they'll send a creampuff and thoroughly inspected rifle to a man who's feet are kissed and who can make or break a company's rep.

No testing should be done on a vendor supplied ( and probably inspected before it leaves the factory ) rifle. It's just not good common sense and begs for dishonesty.

Century, IO, are sons of bitches for dishonesty but really don't care as they will sell all they produce. No one here would have been silent if AKOU got a rifle directly from them to test. So why was there such deafening silence when PSA and DDI sent AKOU rifles for testing.?

You tell me.

I am not aware of anyone, supplied a rifle for testing (as are nearly ALL reviewers) that is not supplied a weapon directly by the company....

Read any firearm magazine - they get their weapons right from the manufacturer.

bda
02-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Regarding the double handguard retainer notch that appeared on some kits but not all kits:

This was described to us as a new feature and yet most reported that their handguards would not install in either notch.

Will you continue to cut double handguard retainer notches in some barrels? If so, can we request a barrel that does not have the double cut?

At this point I would prefer one with NO cut because I feel that I would be better served to make my own groove. At least then I know it would be my fault if the hand guard doesn't fit. The one that I received with both cuts on the barrel still didn't even come close.

XENOMORPH
02-08-2017, 05:58 PM
https://youtu.be/lKwaFV0TKM0

Another.....

"We are not doing castings, everything is forged or billet" 2:15 mark

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 06:01 PM
https://youtu.be/lKwaFV0TKM0

Another.....

"We are not doing castings, everything is forged or billet" 2:15 mark

You reckon that's why they are apologizing and exchanging carriers at this moment?

But do kick them when they are down, and trying to do the right thing.

good grief.....how about you let them make it right to those who have issues, before you try and run them out of business.

slapshut
02-08-2017, 06:07 PM
The panic is over.

Brasky
02-08-2017, 06:08 PM
I'm glad I didn't order one even though I had one ready for checkout. I would have been extremely disappointed receiving a cast carrier. Those don't belong on an AK IMO

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 06:11 PM
I'm glad I didn't order one even though I had one ready for checkout. I would have been extremely disappointed receiving a cast carrier. Those don't belong on an AK IMO

I don't believe in cast anything, when it comes to Trunnions, Bolts, Carriers.

But I see another company is selling cast parted AKs...and the lads are lined up for them.

Rob Ski
02-08-2017, 06:15 PM
I am not aware of anyone, supplied a rifle for testing (as are nearly ALL reviewers) that is not supplied a weapon directly by the company....

Read any firearm magazine - they get their weapons right from the manufacturer.

I actually purchase most of the rifles for reviews, but as it was stated, both PSA and DDI were supplied by them.

As for DDI - this end up in total disaster for DDI, since their sales hit the wall after the extractors fails and month later company was absorbed by PSA...

As for PSA rifle, they got whacked on initial quality which resulted in production fix for threads on barrels and some smaller stuff (hand guards retainers and etc).

At the end of the test, rifle was give away to one lucky fan (Charles from KY), who, to this day, is using it without any issues...

XENOMORPH
02-08-2017, 06:15 PM
You reckon that's why they are apologizing and exchanging carriers at this moment?

But do kick them when they are down, and trying to do the right thing.

good grief.....how about you let them make it right to those who have issues, before you try and run them out of business.

I fail to see how showing supporting facts is kicking them while they are down.

Do you have skin in this game? Have you spent your money on this kit? Cause i do and have. I had to buy it twice after they lied to me and canceled my first order. If not move along from these threads yourself.

I still think you need to read the first post statement carefully and compare to what has happened here...

Cowboys1
02-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Ptac Line - https://cdn.classicfirearms.com/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/521x154/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/m/amdrifle3.png

Freedom Line -
http://i60.tinypic.com/1jw428.jpg

Premium Line -
http://www.k-var.com/shop/images/D/SLR-107R_B.jpg

Big Mean Monster Line -
http://www.k-var.com/shop/images/D/FM-AK47-11_B.jpg

:D:laugh_sma

Gaddywack
02-08-2017, 06:25 PM

Glad I did order one. I got a heck of a 4150 nitrided barrel beater AK for $400 with a lifetime warranty.

Mel64D
02-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Really? Really? REALLY??? Have you watched the video and compared a Cast vs Forged carrier?
PSA, stop while you are way behind. Fix the problem and quit trying to shift blame to the customer. Your actions are making it hard for anyone to continue to have faith in your company

Robs
https://i.imgur.com/hnD9nOB.png

Mine
https://i.imgur.com/DppdKWy.jpg

Cowboys1
02-08-2017, 06:28 PM
My last post is all in good fun. I believe PSA will fix their issues and they do have great customer support based on my limited experience. I just hope PSA is extra careful with QC and advertising in the future.

Ez556
02-08-2017, 06:30 PM
And also came here and claimed that Rob's AK used in the test was a cast carrier. You're saying that this is cast and the same carrier as used in the others? Uh-uh.

I do believe that is cast, just a better casting than some of the other carriers posted. I bought mine during Robs test and my carrier is definitely cast, but again it looks MUCH better than other carriers posted here. Just look at the texture and the edges and radius', it look like a casting to me.

Dragynn
02-08-2017, 06:31 PM

FUCKING A RIGHT IT DOES!!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lww7eoOrma1ql0r06o1_500.gif

fuckin cast parts and rampant nitride faggotry is NOT MAGA!

:the_finge

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 06:32 PM
I actually purchase most of the rifles for reviews, but as it was stated, both PSA and DDI were supplied by them.

As for DDI - this end up in total disaster for DDI, since their sales hit the wall after the extractors fails and month later company was absorbed by PSA...

As for PSA rifle, they got whacked on initial quality which resulted in production fix for threads on barrels and some smaller stuff (hand guards retainers and etc).

At the end of the test, rifle was give away to one lucky fan (Charles from KY), who, to this day, is using it without any issues...

Yeah I was speaking on the general practice, as observed amongst writers/reviewers for the rags.

And I entered that giveaway, least I think I did.

Hope to see you soon reviewing the new offering from Atlantic, as per the other thread.

OnTop
02-08-2017, 06:33 PM
They still haven’t reply to my emails (2) yet (sent to two different support addresses): Here are some of the problems on my NON-BLEM barreled receiver (too lazy to describe them and there are more than posted). Waiting on the return tag/label.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/75A401AF-5F5B-4508-BC4E-90A5605F72C2_zpsgynr0oqj.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/75A401AF-5F5B-4508-BC4E-90A5605F72C2_zpsgynr0oqj.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/F4AC52C0-FA55-49EA-83C4-E60D34DCB328_zps7yph7df8.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F4AC52C0-FA55-49EA-83C4-E60D34DCB328_zps7yph7df8.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/F4AC52C0-FA55-49EA-83C4-E60D34DCB328_zps7yph7df8.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F4AC52C0-FA55-49EA-83C4-E60D34DCB328_zps7yph7df8.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/F8B48657-5568-4809-8B30-CACF35F4118D_zpsvhjhh4sg.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F8B48657-5568-4809-8B30-CACF35F4118D_zpsvhjhh4sg.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/02EB1380-E709-4DC4-AB14-863B50231673_zpsdwlzrh3p.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/02EB1380-E709-4DC4-AB14-863B50231673_zpsdwlzrh3p.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/4FCFFF1F-DF68-4BA3-8BE5-394451F52741_zpsondyiazi.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/4FCFFF1F-DF68-4BA3-8BE5-394451F52741_zpsondyiazi.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/7E84BEDD-C310-4E7E-BDBB-3FB7CB64E2C9_zpsswuxh5dk.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7E84BEDD-C310-4E7E-BDBB-3FB7CB64E2C9_zpsswuxh5dk.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/DB8B3A4F-B59A-4498-8B42-EB0A7454ECF5_zpsugcfv2rs.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DB8B3A4F-B59A-4498-8B42-EB0A7454ECF5_zpsugcfv2rs.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/05AA8A09-EEAE-4C1E-98A4-22BC95D11A1C_zpssul5zo9p.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/05AA8A09-EEAE-4C1E-98A4-22BC95D11A1C_zpssul5zo9p.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/3B15B686-08F4-4FC1-94EA-EB91071398B4_zpsugbv46va.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3B15B686-08F4-4FC1-94EA-EB91071398B4_zpsugbv46va.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/E2002B6D-B7C6-4C39-84BC-7410F5124EA6_zpsemy8m4ek.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/E2002B6D-B7C6-4C39-84BC-7410F5124EA6_zpsemy8m4ek.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/9E86E891-485F-4530-A9CE-2F28A82CF0E0_zpsq3cqiplk.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/9E86E891-485F-4530-A9CE-2F28A82CF0E0_zpsq3cqiplk.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/643FEF01-368F-477B-AD5A-962E83E428D1_zps9rou6szd.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/643FEF01-368F-477B-AD5A-962E83E428D1_zps9rou6szd.jpg.html)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Titeo2k6/Mobile%20Uploads/F13A9BFA-AA33-4881-B7F7-867CD3279035_zps3adj21qg.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/user/Titeo2k6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F13A9BFA-AA33-4881-B7F7-867CD3279035_zps3adj21qg.jpg.html)

OT

Mel64D
02-08-2017, 06:35 PM
My carrier tail (hammer cocking cam) only had about 100 rounds on it.

But it looked like it was never touched. The hammer had a gouge in it though. Not much but it was taking more of a beating than the carrier tail.

TX_1821
02-08-2017, 06:36 PM

Nice find there mate!.
http://i.imgur.com/sJ4RpE4.gif

PSA's responses so far are like this Lmao:clown:

http://i.imgur.com/zjzPra9.gif

phase1
02-08-2017, 06:36 PM
I don't trust, Palmetto State LIARmory

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 06:37 PM
I fail to see how showing supporting facts is kicking them while they are down.

Do you have skin in this game? Have you spent your money on this kit? Cause i do and have. I had to buy it twice after they lied to me and canceled my first order. If not move along from these threads yourself.

I still think you need to read the first post statement carefully and compare to what has happened here...

All your doing is ranting...and raving, about something that will be fixed - if you even have an actual issue with yours.

That said - don't come on here, and run your mouth on a public forum, than try to play the skin in the game routine. I realize your a noob - but you are barking up the wrong tree.

Also, so you paid over 700.00 for yours?

If not - you didn't pay twice.

And the only statement that matters is - that they are correcting it, and making it right with the membership here.

Anyone who has been around the AK game - knows that's a fucking rarity. I have many would be offerings that shit the bed - and customers were basically told to go pound sand.

Ez556
02-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Robs
https://i.imgur.com/hnD9nOB.png

Mine
https://i.imgur.com/DppdKWy.jpg

Mine is definitely cast, bought circa Robs test and mine does not have that parting line.

http://i.imgur.com/bsHryVF.jpg

Mel64D
02-08-2017, 06:40 PM
...oh, and the muzzle gap cleared itself up later. I twisted it a little harder and it went. Guessing maybe a slight bur in either the muzzle or brake threads. Didn't notice one though.

02-08-2017, 06:40 PM

No Cheetos for you!

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Quality control - and cast parts = demon of the American AK....

XENOMORPH
02-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Mine is definitely cast, bought circa Robs test and mine does not have that parting line.

Now IF they are both cast that begs another question, why were they changed if yours and robs era ones did so well? Cause they are not the same..the cuts are way different

DoorKicker
02-08-2017, 06:43 PM
These are not left over Gen. 1 parts as far as I can tell. The Gen. 1 carriers had a different finish and were riveted, as well as not appearing to have a soft tail. I would guess the story as given is correct, and these were budget parts meant for something current or new.

One thing curious is a post on Arfcom which said one was shipped without a front sling loop. I thought that was fixed on Gen. 1.5? Did these all come without the HG retainer loop?

That is my rifle and post about the missing front sling loop. CS at first didn't know what I was talking about, and then after putting me on hold several times said she was looking for that piece in the system so she could send it to me.
I said I didn't want it sent to me and have to remove the front site and gas block "That's why I bought PSA kit" I don't have the desire to get that far into the build.
I offered a solution to them and they flat out rejected it. We will see how they fix yet another one of their mistakes. maybe that was my misunderstanding as a customer in believing that my AK would have a front sling loop...

Mel64D
02-08-2017, 06:45 PM
@EZ556

Then yours and Rob's are a much nicer (expensive) casting.

Neanderthal
02-08-2017, 06:47 PM
PSA double-dipped the queso, stole my favorite dog, and got my sister pregnant. Bastards.

XENOMORPH
02-08-2017, 06:52 PM
PSA double-dipped the queso, stole my favorite dog, and got my sister pregnant. Bastards.

:rofl_smal

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 06:58 PM

And apparently - charged some DOUBLE....

LMAO

billydonk
02-08-2017, 06:59 PM

Second this guy, Nice to get a response from PSA.

I can't fault a mistake- god knows I've made them before....

DoorKicker
02-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Not according to what they just posted.

And 3 posts............since 2013.

Interesting - 3 year old member, whose only posts are in this thread.

So what exactly are you trying to imply? That I am here on behalf of PSA???

Read all 4 or 5 of my posts and you will realize that is not the case. Even in this post that you quoted, I am not in favor of what PSA has done.
The post I quoted said they were happy that PSA never intended to use cast parts and I pointed out that yes they had every intention to use cast parts, and still plan to use cast parts in the future. Please show proof (Posts or video) that proves your point otherwise...

I mainly post on ARF under the same name.

But on all the forums I belong to combined, to include ones about guns or boats or trucks, I don't have 20k plus posts....

Ez556
02-08-2017, 07:09 PM
@EZ556

Then yours and Rob's are a much nicer (expensive) casting.

My thinking exactly. Obviously Robs carrier and my carrier are completely different than the carrier in post #40, but I think that people are jumping on the "ROB GOT A CUSTOM BUILT RIFLE, HIS CARRIER IS FORGED AND PALMETTO STATE IS LYING! BURN THEM!" wagon a little too fast. I have no doubt it's cast, we all know cast carriers can pass the test (WBP IIRC). The question is why are mine and Robs carriers so different than current production.

Cowboys1
02-08-2017, 07:10 PM
If this is true, it's best for me to take Robski videos with a grain of salt, seriously I'm starting to question a lot now.

Don't blame Rob. Rob has been 100% honest so far as I can tell. He never said PSA didn't supply the rifle. In fact he said they and DDI both supplied the rifle to him. But yes the best way to do a test is just order a random one and see what shows up because that's what the rest of us will have to do.

phase1
02-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Now I know what it feels like to find out santa clause doesn't exist, smh.

John A.
02-08-2017, 07:16 PM
has anyone got an email back from PSA after requesting a replacement carrier? i haven't. i assumed that if they had this all planned out like it says in the OP, they would have someone with the sole responsibility to respond to these emails and get shit squared away ASAP.

I asked for a Return Authorization about my midlength AR barrel that had a port drilled too small years ago.

I never got a reply from you. They never picked up the phone as I tried to call multiple times, they wouldn't return emails, and ultimately they didn't post my honest and fair review of the product either.

That's the PSA that I've come to know.

And now that I know that PSA is getting replies in a topic they started, I'm willing to risk a hijack telling them about it just so they know that I remember, and don't appreciate how I was treated and why I don't buy from them because I had no way of resolving it with them when it happened.

You can't honestly sit there and say you're a dedicated customer satisfaction guarantee company when you won't even respond to emails about a legitimate problem when it happens.

I suspect the only reason why you are responding now is you've invested a lot of time and money into an AK line, and this is the most effective way to try to save face (which as you can probably see from many of the replies, are not really going over too well).

Instead of calling it tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3, how about something like this would work better.

stuff that probably isn't going to work right

stuff that might work right and

stuff that's supposed to work right

Should just change your business name to hesse jr. or something.

And in case you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irgZ9bFovLc

And now, my hatchet is buried.

Good day.

Mel64D
02-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Now I know what it feels like to find out santa clause doesn't exist, smh.

WHAT!?

You take that back, right now mister!

bda
02-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Somewhere DDI is reading these threads going "Whew!! Glad it's not me this time."

Mel64D
02-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Somewhere DDI is reading these threads going "Whew!! Glad it's not me this time."

Maybe Dave Fillers sabotaged them to take the heat off??? :angel_sma

Rob Ski
02-08-2017, 07:20 PM

You tell me.

Like in other thread i had to post my receipts to show you my non existing huge "discounts" i'm getting on guns i'm purchasing for reviews to prove my point. This is ridiculous.
Never mind that fucken ammo costs more than those guns.
Fk this shit. It never ends with you guys and your conspiracy theories.

I get it you are fucken hurt about RAS47 review, but for fuck face, you just don't know when to stop.
You don't like my work, i get it, knock yourself out, open your own youtube channel and have fun.

Now i'm fucken done with this shit.

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 07:22 PM
So what exactly are you trying to imply? That I am here on behalf of PSA???

Read all 4 or 5 of my posts and you will realize that is not the case. Even in this post that you quoted, I am not in favor of what PSA has done.
The post I quoted said they were happy that PSA never intended to use cast parts and I pointed out that yes they had every intention to use cast parts, and still plan to use cast parts in the future. Please show proof (Posts or video) that proves your point otherwise...

I mainly post on ARF under the same name.

But on all the forums I belong to combined, to include ones about guns or boats or trucks, I don't have 20k plus posts....

We have a lot of trolls that come about, or those who are banned, who have backup accounts.

It always looks odd when a many years old account - becomes active.

That was my point - but no worries, I am sure your IP is already being looked at.

As for PSA - I don't give a shit where you stand on it.

As for Posting - I also don't give a shit how many posts you do, or don't have, across the net.

TX_1821
02-08-2017, 07:28 PM

Lmao, damn!:D
You made my day there I tell you!

http://i.imgur.com/GhYHmcU.gif

DDI is feeling like the last guy that tossed it!
http://i.imgur.com/d9qsoMB.gif

DDI
02-08-2017, 07:30 PM

Yea, I watch it all. This is how I see it, they fucked up, they told you they fucked up, they said they would make it right. I am not sure how much more you want. Again, is IO here, is Century here? No, they are not. DDI and PSA are still here, taking our licks like men do, not hiding in the corner pissing our pants. What we are going to do is learn, learn not to make the same mistakes again and learn to be better at what we do and seek constant improvement.

OnTop
02-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Back on topic, when is PSA is going to reply to my email?

OT

rbox1064
02-08-2017, 07:34 PM

This is not "new" to PSA. The PSA AK has been around for nearing two years IIRC. They got caught in a storm over clear-as-mud answers about cast parts on the gen1, followed by a recall for headspace issues, and many people had a bunch of other issues with them.

People are giving them a pass on these gen2 issues as if this is the first time they've ran into a big heaping pile of issues with an AK roll out.

DDI has nothing to do with this situation.

PSA has done "similar stuff" well before the DDI merger. History of pulling shady shit with their AR line is well documented. Lots of non-milspec parts being sold as being mil-spec, etc. Ultimately for 95% of us it doesn't matter, the receivers, bolts or the gas keys will still work just the same and most will be totally oblivious to it and go on to enjoy their "milspec" rifle parts for many years. It's a documented history of bait & switch and reaching for subpar parts when demand dictates without any forewarning or discount to the consumer.

My thinking exactly. Obviously Robs carrier and my carrier are completely different than the carrier in post #40, but I think that people are jumping on the "ROB GOT A CUSTOM BUILT RIFLE, HIS CARRIER IS FORGED AND PALMETTO STATE IS LYING! BURN THEM!" wagon a little too fast. I have no doubt it's cast, we all know cast carriers can pass the test (WBP IIRC). The question is why are mine and Robs carriers so different than current production.

A cast part can then be machined and it takes an expert to verify which is which...

slapshut
02-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Hey, lets sell all those parts that we made while we were trying to figure out how to make parts.

TX_1821
02-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Yea, I watch it all. This is how I see it, they fucked up, they told you they fucked up, they said they would make it right. I am not sure how much more you want. Again, is IO here, is Century here? No, they are not. DDI and PSA are still here, taking our licks like men do, not hiding in the corner pissing our pants. What we are going to do is learn, learn not to make the same mistakes again and learn to be better at what we do and seek constant improvement.

http://i.imgur.com/KyIaD1Z.gif.....

phase1
02-08-2017, 07:42 PM

Like in other thread i had to post my receipts to show you my non existing huge "discounts" i'm getting on guns i'm purchasing for reviews to prove my point. This is ridiculous.
Never mind that fucken ammo costs more than those guns.
Fk this shit. It never ends with you guys and your conspiracy theories.

I get it you are fucken hurt about RAS47 review, but for fuck face, you just don't know when to stop.
You don't like my work, i get it, knock yourself out, open your own youtube channel and have fun.

Now i'm fucken done with this shit.

Please don't stop your reviews, I've been watching since you had 15k subs... I bought my first ak after watching your vids...

TX_1821
02-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Hey, lets sell all those parts that we made while we were trying to figure out how to make parts.

http://i.imgur.com/0lTDHKb.gif

http://i.imgur.com/cAgO0NV.gif

http://i.imgur.com/5oOUXS8.gif

Dwe
02-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Please don't stop your reviews, I've been watching since you had 15k subs... I bought my first ak after watching your vids...

I totally agree
RobSki, Please don't stop. Your voice is one of the few I really trust!

Neanderthal
02-08-2017, 08:00 PM

I don't think it's as much that, as their quality control is slipping. It looks like their earlier offerings (like Rob's) were much more refined than what they are rolling out now.

RadScorpius
02-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Ptac Line - https://cdn.classicfirearms.com/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/521x154/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/m/amdrifle3.png

Freedom Line -
http://i60.tinypic.com/1jw428.jpg

Premium Line -
http://www.k-var.com/shop/images/D/SLR-107R_B.jpg

Big Mean Monster Line -
http://www.k-var.com/shop/images/D/FM-AK47-11_B.jpg

:D:laugh_sma

I LoL'ed. Great line up though.

Rob Ski
02-08-2017, 08:02 PM
I totally agree
Please don't stop. Your voice is one of the few I really trust!

I'm not stopping, i'm just done with responding to xbtgnowtytan because this is like talking to the wall.
No matter what i say or do, he always picks on some stupid shit.

DDI
02-08-2017, 08:06 PM
I'm not stopping, i'm just done with responding to xbtgnowtytan because this is like talking to the wall.

Is he the guy in his moms basement eating cheetoes?

Yoshikuru
02-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Still waiting on PSA to answer my email. This is the bolt carrier that I received from them with my NON-BLEM barreled receiver:

http://i.imgur.com/7P4TcqV.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/d0cHq1W.jpg

Notice anything strange? And no, that is not the serial number of my rifle, hiding under the sloppy conceal job.

I shared this with PSA via private message, and to their credit they responded promptly that my kit should have been marked as a blem, and that they would process a refund if I wished. However, I have not heard from them since making my request yesterday.

That is a 'Star' symbol, followed by USA and a 4 digit serial that does not match the kit.

Just a Citizen
02-08-2017, 08:09 PM

Buy a arsenal or a wasr or other imported gun.

pcc
02-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Robski, I hope you realize that IMO you are the final word on whether a lot of us guys buy a particular rifle you have tested or not. I think that these companies are putting more weight in your T&E, so your channel will only become larger and you will become more powerful in AK community.

I know I will not purchase another AK unless you have ran it through the gauntlet and signed off on it.. Thanks for spending your $$ and taking the time to do it.

Neanderthal
02-08-2017, 08:12 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing. *Crunch*

AKme
02-08-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm not stopping

Good! I love your videos. I found your channel right before this last election when I was looking at AK's for the first time.

xbtgnowtytan
02-08-2017, 08:17 PM

No.

She's 89, suffering from Alzheimer's and does not even know who I am, or any of her other children.

Mandaree36
02-08-2017, 08:18 PM

Ignore him - he is a moron.

I have watched all your videos, you don't take it easy on anyone's shit, and you give real world reviews. I have seen people come and go, trying to do what you do - and didn't care for most of them. You....I like. You just keep doing your thing, because you are doing it right.

That said, he is probably just jealous of you, or an asshole........or both. :wink_smal

LegioRomanus
02-08-2017, 08:19 PM

This reminds me of the girl friend I had in high school who was terrible at sex.

She apologized to me and said she would learn from her mistakes and do better in the future in the sack.

She may have later become a good lay.

But I don't know.

I had moved on by then to another girl who knew what she was doing and didn't make mistakes.

DDI
02-08-2017, 08:23 PM
This reminds me of the girl friend I had in high school who was terrible at sex.

She apologized to me and said she would learn from her mistakes and do better in the future in the sack.

She may have later become a good lay.

But I don't know.

I had moved on by then to another girl who knew what she was doing and didn't make mistakes.

Come on, any sex in high school was good. Make up a better story.

phase1
02-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Robski, I hope you realize that IMO you are the final word on whether a lot of us guys buy a particular rifle you have tested or not. I think that these companies are putting more weight in your T&E, so your channel will only become larger and you will become more powerful in AK community.

I know I will not purchase another AK unless you have ran it through the gauntlet and signed off on it.. Thanks for spending your $$ and taking the time to do it.

This ^ , I've seen some stuff where it was in his best interest not to be 100% honest but he did it any way. I can't say the same for others, period.

mengra1
02-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Im not a blind Robski fanboy and buy everything he blesses but I can say this:

When I first starting buying AKs it is obvious now to me that I knew nothing of them. I learned alot just by watching his videos; not just about the product he was destroying without remorse, but about AKs in general.

For the average guy who wont search the internet to study every bit of AK literature he can (which is me now) Robs videos are a diamond in the rough that is bullshit reviews on Youtube that led me to a RAS47 after they first came out.

Ive come a long way since then and its because I put some effort into reading on the rifles he has reviewed for us. Its made a world of difference in me picking up a rifle and knowing what it can do even if I don't ever subject it to such myself.

Im disappointed with PSA, but only because of the perceived deception which was maybe not even intentional. I would buy a complete rifle but no more a kit. Doesn't mean I won't support other things they make. My freedom AR is great, and my old palmetto parts kit is filled with good parts.

bear1
02-08-2017, 09:07 PM
the way I see it they ddi and psa are making good on there mistakes you don't see that from century or io doing that.

TX_1821
02-08-2017, 09:16 PM
^IDK about that new member.... -_-

-This is how I see this thread with PSA outright wrongfully advertising, to get people's money any way possible. (Then it's all okay, I don't think so)

-Plus exploiting Rob and his free advertising, lying outright in kit built video
(Sure it's the same rifle)

http://i.imgur.com/0qehEUP.gif

http://i.imgur.com/wZObNic.gif

http://i.imgur.com/f3BfI44.gif

http://i.imgur.com/57glrbA.gif

RockyTop1911
02-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Im not a blind Robski fanboy and buy everything he blesses but I can say this:

When I first starting buying AKs it is obvious now to me that I knew nothing of them. I learned alot just by watching his videos; not just about the product he was destroying without remorse, but about AKs in general.

For the average guy who wont search the internet to study every bit of AK literature he can (which is me now) Robs videos are a diamond in the rough that is bullshit reviews on Youtube that led me to a RAS47 after they first came out.

Ive come a long way since then and its because I put some effort into reading on the rifles he has reviewed for us. Its made a world of difference in me picking up a rifle and knowing what it can do even if I don't ever subject it to such myself.

Im disappointed with PSA, but only because of the perceived deception which was maybe not even intentional. I would buy a complete rifle but no more a kit. Doesn't mean I won't support other things they make. My freedom AR is great, and my old palmetto parts kit is filled with good parts.

It's amazing what research and reading can do for the human brain.

Mathiaszegreat
02-08-2017, 10:08 PM
$399 x 350 kits sold = $140,000

MAKAK47
02-08-2017, 10:17 PM
At first I thought this thread was going to backfire because it was posted on the AK files, the shark tank of the gun world with the worlds saltiest water

And then I was right

Best part is PSA making it 100x worse

Dwe
02-08-2017, 10:18 PM

$140k minus cost =small profit for the shitstorm it caused and damage done to
the company trust.

bounce19712
02-08-2017, 10:26 PM
I wonder what the PSA daily deal is today

http://palmettostatearmory.com/daily-deals-new.html

crotalus
02-08-2017, 10:31 PM

He does have one actually...It's a bunch of video's on fish tanks. Shit you not.

jlhenry55
02-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Has anybody got a response back from PSA yet? I just sent my request but I figure some of you guys probably sent it within 5 minutes of this post starting.

Bosniac
02-08-2017, 10:32 PM

Honestly, that's not really a lot. From $140,000 they're maybe making $40,000 when you factor in the profit margin.

Mathiaszegreat
02-08-2017, 10:34 PM
$140k minus cost =small profit for the shitstorm it caused and damage done to
the company trust.
Yes, that's what I was thinking, doesn't seem like a huge amount of money for all they are going through, 20% profit? Maybe 30%?
But weigh that against the cost of settlement for the poor guy whose cast bolt carrier causes a catastrophic failure

flyguyeddy
02-08-2017, 10:39 PM
But weigh that against the cost of settlement for the poor guy whose cast bolt causes a catastrophic failure

Cast CARRIER not bolt.

Mathiaszegreat
02-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Yep caught that right after I hit post

mengra1
02-08-2017, 10:42 PM
The daily deal will be cast carriers. Not even playing devils advocate here but if they want to sell them cheap its good to have a couple extra carriers lying around.

Dwe
02-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Has anybody got a response back from PSA yet? I just sent my request but I figure some of you guys probably sent it within 5 minutes of this post starting.

Nope. No response as of yet.
Not surprised though. It's one thing to say your gonna do something.
It's yet another to follow thru. Your call tag in in the mail...;)

Yoshikuru
02-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Nope. No response as of yet.
Not surprised though. It's one thing to say your gonna do something.
It's yet another to follow thru. Your call tag in in the mail...;)

Still waiting here as well

marcus5
02-08-2017, 10:55 PM
I emailed them also. I got one of the cast bolt carriers and my lower hand guard want close and lockup.

OnTop
02-08-2017, 11:01 PM
I emailed them yesterday and today, no response. My whole barreled receiver needs lots of repairs or replacement. I am going to give them a chance to make it right but they need to reply and follow thru.

OT

plastikman47
02-08-2017, 11:15 PM

3 emails since Friday and zero response, so that's nice.

Abaddon_GC
02-08-2017, 11:16 PM
So Rob Ski's AK had a CAST carrier? Really!? So A: why would you say there were no cast parts in the kit. and B: If there WAS supposed to be a cast carrier in the kit, why were some kits sent out with billet carriers?

And C: Do these carriers look at all the fucking same to you?

Give me a fuckin' break. One minute you say "no cast parts" then the next you say "oh it was supposed to be cast!" AND THEN you say "anyone who ACCIDENTALLY got a cast carrier send it to us and we'll replace it"

So one way or another you're fuckin lying, you got everyone here hyped up about getting an AK as good as the one Rob Ski got for only ~400 bucks, and then once everyone buys them and realizes "hey these aren't at all the same thing" you come out and say "OH THAT'S CAUSE WE ARE USING A TIERED SYSTEM!" and tell everyone that the kit they thought they were buying is actually 100$ more!

I just can't even guys, I just can't fuckin' even.

mengra1
02-08-2017, 11:36 PM
So Rob Ski's AK had a CAST carrier? Really!? So A: why would you say there were no cast parts in the kit. and B: If there WAS supposed to be a cast carrier in the kit, why were some kits sent out with billet carriers?

And C: Do these carriers look at all the fucking same to you?

Give me a fuckin' break. One minute you say "no cast parts" then the next you say "oh it was supposed to be cast!" AND THEN you say "anyone who ACCIDENTALLY got a cast carrier send it to us and we'll replace it"

So one way or another you're fuckin lying, you got everyone here hyped up about getting an AK as good as the one Rob Ski got for only ~400 bucks, and then once everyone buys them and realizes "hey these aren't at all the same thing" you come out and say "OH THAT'S CAUSE WE ARE USING A TIERED SYSTEM!" and tell everyone that the kit they thought they were buying is actually 100$ more!

I just can't even guys, I just can't fuckin' even.

Best post in this entire thread. End of story.

SuperTacOperator44
02-08-2017, 11:56 PM
Sigh...this thread is so typical for the Files lately isn't it. Here's a company trying to do the right thing and tell us about some mistakes they made and owning up to them and you got people here bitching like 16 year old girls that are PMSing.
You ever seen shit companies like I.O. or Century Arms ever do that ? No of course not because they don't actually give a shit.

I for one am glad PSA has taken the time to come here and share their insight into new products and past issues with us. Good on you PSA.
Hope you keep the US made AK market flooded with a good product and run these other idiots out of town. And all their shills with them.

4mula
02-09-2017, 12:07 AM
I for one am glad PSA has taken the time to come here and share their insight into new products and past issues with us.
Threads such as this dont give them much incentive to keep coming around.

MXGreg
02-09-2017, 12:15 AM
I read every post in this thread.....and I don't even have a PSA AK. I do have four of their ARs, two 5.56 and two 7.62x39.

The first 7.62x39 AR I got from then had a front sight that was canted to the left. Could not adjust the rear sight enough to get on target. Called them up, explained what was up, and had a return shipping label in my email before we were off the phone. Sent it to them and received it back with a new barrel assembly that was spot on. They also sent me a spare bolt for my trouble.

From my experiences, PSA is a good company. They will take care of those of you that have problems with their products and fix any issues you may have.

Those of you that are here just to pile on and bitch, you will always have problems, and nobody can fix that.

Dave Williams
02-09-2017, 12:30 AM
Ugh...this thread......

I wasn't going to say anything but now I feel I must. If you've been following the other two threads about all the issues you can see my kit and what issues I had, I'm not going to rehash that.

I do want to say that some of you (not naming names, you know who you are) are missing the point here entirely.

PSA has straight up lied to us. They have covered shit up and hoped it would just all go away and/or be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

The video evidence shows very clearly how they said for $399 you are getting the exact same rifle as our fully assembled rifle with NO CAST parts....etc.... that has been clearly demonstrated. No two ways about that.

They have NOT addressed that. Now they come up with a tier system while at the same time claiming that the carrier in Rob's gun was cast......Whatever. Do they think we are complete fucktards? I know I'm not. And I can not stand to be lied to. If you break my trust, it's broken. They can never gain that back.

I'm not saying PSA is a terrible company. I'm not saying all their products suck. I want them to succeed. I really honestly do. But for me I have no confidence in their AK and I don't want any part of it.

I think they have seriously mishandled this entire thing and they are now dealing with the aftermath. They should have just been open and honest and stated that they fucked up. I'm happy they are making things right, that is a good thing and I'm getting a full refund, but I'm still out $50 bucks for the shipping to me and my FFL fees. No problem, I'll eat it. Lesson learned. Don't jump. Be patient, do more research and see how things play out.

I am and will remain however very upset about being lied to by PSA regarding the stated quality of these kits when they knew 100% they weren't what they said they were. For that there is not forgiveness until they own up to it, and as far as I'm concerned I won't be spending my hard earned money with them again.

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 12:53 AM

Best post in thread. :D

Let's try to keep it civil, guys. I understand why everyone is pissed. I know I would be.

I've gone through some of this.

Someone answer me this:

Is PSA refusing to refund money?

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Okay, question answered in post just above mine.

Refunds offered.

It would be good of them to eat the shipping, at least.

Going to cost them far more in the long run.

Someone fill me in if I am missing something.

this is a long thread.

DoorKicker
02-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Ugh...this thread......
I wasn't going to say anything but now I feel I must. If you've been following the other two threads about all the issues you can see my kit and what issues I had, I'm not going to rehash that.
I do want to say that some of you (not naming names, you know who you are) are missing the point here entirely.
PSA has straight up lied to us. They have covered shit up and hoped it would just all go away and/or be swept under the rug and forgotten about.
The video evidence shows very clearly how they said for $399 you are getting the exact same rifle as our fully assembled rifle with NO CAST parts....etc.... that has been clearly demonstrated. No two ways about that.
They have NOT addressed that. Now they come up with a tier system while at the same time claiming that the carrier in Rob's gun was cast......Whatever. Do they think we are complete fucktards? I know I'm not. And I can not stand to be lied to. If you break my trust, it's broken. They can never gain that back.
I'm not saying PSA is a terrible company. I'm not saying all their products suck. I want them to succeed. I really honestly do. But for me I have no confidence in their AK and I don't want any part of it.
I think they have seriously mishandled this entire thing and they are now dealing with the aftermath. They should have just been open and honest and stated that they fucked up. I'm happy they are making things right, that is a good thing and I'm getting a full refund, but I'm still out $50 bucks for the shipping to me and my FFL fees. No problem, I'll eat it. Lesson learned. Don't jump. Be patient, do more research and see how things play out.
I am and will remain however very upset about being lied to by PSA regarding the stated quality of these kits when they knew 100% they weren't what they said they were. For that there is not forgiveness until they own up to it, and as far as I'm concerned I won't be spending my hard earned money with them again.

I still hold out some hope that PSA will get this fixed but feel like the explanation given so far has only hurt their position. And honestly does little to ensure me that they will make right on this situation. I have been a very loyal customer of PSA and have had positive experiences so far, but I have also never seen anything remotely near what has been presented here and on other sites as representation of a company trying to deceive and then conceal/ explain away their mistakes. It really is unbelievable

Not saying there have not been other companies that have done similar things, I just haven't seen/experienced it myself.

and then we have dimwits like ManChildwithdiarrhea-of-the-mouth36

WTF is he adding to the conversation? He doesn't even own one of the rifles, he is just here to up his post count...SAD really

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 01:01 AM
Stop with the personal insults and name calling.

I really do not want to have to lock this thread.

DoorKicker
02-09-2017, 01:01 AM
Okay, question answered in post just above mine.
Refunds offered.
It would be good of them to eat the shipping, at least.
Going to cost them far more in the long run.
Someone fill me in if I am missing something.
this is a long thread.

I was told very simply NO REFUNDS once delivery from FFL has been taken.
This was from CS manager's mouth, not from CS rep.

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 01:07 AM

Okay, thanks.

Chill, guys.

I don't see this as acceptable either.

PSA, what is your reason for refusing to do so or finding some other way of making this right?

Full refunds or maybe an inducement for people's trouble IF they are willing. Forged carrier and a couple of mags, or something????
Maybe a set of handguards or a discounted stockset?

Would anyone be happy with something besides a full refund??????

Talk to me, guys.

PSA?
You're stirring up a hornet's nest. Not a good idea.

IanMor
02-09-2017, 01:28 AM
Well... If I were to act on this thread and all the report post I have gotten and reviewed further than my time and patience allow, I see about a half a dozen dick-swingers in this shit-bird thread who could use a ban.

After this board trying to recover from the last bout of epic banning I think it best to move this Cleveland Steamer to DB...

Da Fuq, guys?

OnTop
02-09-2017, 01:30 AM
Okay, thanks.

Chill, guys.

I don't see this as acceptable either.

PSA, what is your reason for refusing to do so or finding some other way of making this right?

Full refunds or maybe an inducement for people's trouble IF they are willing. Forged carrier and a couple of mags, or something????
Maybe a set of handguards or a discounted stockset?

Would anyone be happy with something besides a full refund??????

Talk to me, guys.

PSA?
You're stirring up a hornet's nest. Not a good idea.

I'll be happy if they're going to give me a replacement for my POS falling apart NON-BLEM barreled receiver (I am pretty sure I am the winner of the crappiest one). Emailed them twice and no reply yet. Very simple solution for me:
1. Send me a return label.
2. Send me a replacement barreled receiver (a good non-blem one of course).
3. Oh yet, they have to eat all the shipping fees too.

That's all.

OT

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 01:38 AM
A FULL refund is fair for those who won't settle for less.

That's MO, FWIW.

It's going to be far more costly in the long run than to give them.

Dwe
02-09-2017, 01:52 AM
A FULL refund is fair for those who won't settle for less.

That's MO, FWIW.

It's going to be far more costly in the long run than to give them.

Appreciated the opinion.
I'm good with repairs to my canted front sight , extractor and a replacement carrier with PSA paying for shipping both ways.

Dave Williams
02-09-2017, 02:30 AM

They offered me a full refund.....

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj588/davelwilliams71/Screenshot%20123_zps6tfajq7w.png (http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/davelwilliams71/media/Screenshot%20123_zps6tfajq7w.png.html)

rstrobel
02-09-2017, 02:41 AM
Call them and you'll make progress. They are overwhelmed with emails usually, probably even worse with this debacle. Expect to wait on hold for a while. I had an issue with an order recently and waited on hold an hour but the rep I spoke with was great

ksbsnowowl
02-09-2017, 03:55 AM
I've seen some stuff where it was in [Rob Ski's] best interest not to be 100% honest but he did it any way.

Can you give an example?

Not doubting at all; I'm just failing to come up with one.

ninjamateo
02-09-2017, 04:26 AM
How many times does this have to happen to us from US made AK manufacturers before people learn to stop until they straighten their shit out?

I'm stickin' with imports.

mattvon
02-09-2017, 09:47 AM
In the interest of keeping this thread on topic, I've had no response to my email requesting a replacement carrier. Has anyone else heard back from PSA?

SAIGA 5.45
02-09-2017, 10:18 AM
In the interest of keeping this thread on topic, I've had no response to my email requesting a replacement carrier. Has anyone else heard back from PSA?

How long ago did you send it, PSA's customer service seems to be spotty sometimes.

mattvon
02-09-2017, 11:34 AM
I emailed them yesterday morning. Pleasantly surprised to receive this an hour ago:

Matt,

Thank you for your purchase.

Replacing the carrier will not affect head space, and the carrier will be serialized to your receiver.

You will receive a call tag shortly for your carrier. Please pack it up and ship it back using the provided shipping label.

We will send out the replacement carrier when we receive your old carrier.

Thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Joe Weir
Palmetto State Armory

jlhenry55
02-09-2017, 11:38 AM
That is encouraging.

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Yes, that would be good and will make most people happy, I expect.

PSA has always had a good reputation and I see they want to keep it.

Dwe
02-09-2017, 11:43 AM
I got a good response.
Ther said they will fix my issues or give me a refund.
My choice!

OnTop
02-09-2017, 04:05 PM
PSA (Joe Weir) replied to my email. Still waiting on a return label.

ETA: Received the label. Will be in the mail soon (today).

OT

Dragynn
02-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Ya know, old Mikhail is laughing his ass off in his grave.

American companies used to be the hallmark of quality manufacturing. Today all they do is try to build shit as cheaply as the Chinese, and make it to wear out as quickly as possible so you have to keep buying it over and over. And if you do that, if you fuck the consumer in epic fashion and make a huge profit doing it, then you are one of the "smart and successful" guys. So every entrepreneur is always looking for the next way to make or import the most ridiculously pathetic cheap crap and sell it for a premium price, that's how you get rich in America today.

So for 70 years American gun manufacturers have looked down their collective nose at the AK as being that stupid cheap simple commie rifle, hilarious considering all the decades now they have been extolling the virtues of the AR as being sooooooo much better while spending all those decades furiously pumping out parts and changes desperately trying to make it a tenth as reliable as an AK.

Now in the last few years, AK prices have soared out of control....and as soon as that happened the gun makers shit themselves, WTF? People will pay a thousand bucks for that RIDICULOUS SIMPLE HUNK OF SHEET METAL?? HAHAHA! DUMBASSES! HELL, WE CAN MAKE THOSE THINGS, NOTHING TO 'EM!

So they go after it with gusto. And the result is disaster. Because they're not very smart after all.

A buncha guys bolting AR parts together does NOT make them engineers or designers. Zero chance they truly understand the AK design, which is a marvel still of simplicity but also complexity though that may sound contradictory. A very small number of total parts with many parts serving multiple duties, redundancies built in to assure reliability. The more you really get to know AK's, the more the brilliance of the design reveals itself. And truly it isn't that hard to make one, if your goal is to do it right like the combloc manufacturers do.

I can just see all these idiots, at Century, I.O., PSA, in their meetings regarding materials and manufacturing, a whole lotta "oh we can skip that step, oh that's overkill, we can use cheaper steel, they don't need chrome-lined barrels, heat-treat? oh hell no, hey can we get that guy on the phone that had the 1000 blem out-of-spec cheap barrels they were just gonna melt down and tell them we'll take 'em? Forging? BWAHAHAHA, i'm too fucking sure, if they're so stupid they like these rifles more than AR's they are too stupid to know or appreciate the difference. Hey somebody check Alibaba for cheap cast AK parts in bulk."

That there is the truth of the matter. The only reason all these guys are making AK's is because they thought they could make them for 150 bucks and sell them for 600-1000 and more. And they still have no idea why it's not working out. :rolleyes:

It's biting them all in the ass now, and rightly so. fuck 'em. I just bought another combloc AK, 500 bucks and it has none of the issues pictured in this thread and never will. I'll be buying another one soon, and like I always do i'll check the state of American AK's and as usual it will be shit and so i'll buy combloc again.

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 04:52 PM
They should hire gunplumber as a consultant to teach 'em how to build an AK.

Dead serious.
There are others, of course but if I were one of these outfits, I'd get him in.

At this point though, there's actually a chance we'll be getting full blown foreign built AKs with all the evil.

That's what I'll be holding out for at this point.

Cornpone
02-09-2017, 05:59 PM
First Century, then DDI, now PSA. Funny how people like gunplumber and Troy from In-Range can build AKs but these companies just can't get it right.

Mandaree36
02-09-2017, 06:04 PM
First Century, then DDI, now PSA. Funny how people like gunplumber and Troy from In-Range and build AKs but these companies just can't get it right.

A lot of it always comes down, to trying to lower production costs. They seem bent on cast parts for critical parts.

That will never work, and I don't care what new snakeoil comes down the river - with whatever new claims.

I see a new company...with cast trunnions is being played up.

Will that be the next one to go tits?

Who knows.

Mandaree36
02-09-2017, 06:06 PM

Dead serious.

At this point though, there's actually a chance we'll be getting full blown foreign built AKs with all the evil.

Shit....old Slavic women managed to churn out AK's.....by the tens of thousands...

All goes back to day one....Parts, and Materials.

Shit materials and ill produced parts will always equal crap.

Rob Ski
02-09-2017, 06:13 PM

Dead serious.

Problem isn't that they don't know how to make AK...even IO knows exactly what has to be done, what materials use, manufacturing methods and etc. That's not the problem. Problem is with managing mass production, watching quality control and still making profit on it.
When US makers are trying to compete with Cugir and $599 Wasr10 price, they are going to have a hard time to do so....it's simple economics. Cugir sells those Wasr10 for around $100 to USA. But they have all tools, machinery and engineering already paid off...
Gunplumber is smart guy, he isn't competing with El Cheapo Wasr10...

Jw
02-09-2017, 06:38 PM
I only read a couple pages but there's one thing I have to say with no real opinion on the situation. Taking a shot show reps word isn't the best thing to lay weight to. Granted it should all be factual info, but we've all seen some terrible "reps" at show show booths. Just wanted to say that. Hopefully PSA and everyone else learn from this.

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Gunplumber knows what parts are needed, what's critical, etc. I know damn well he does. He's studied the AK to a great extent IMO.
He can say otherwise if he likes.

Yeah, getting these pieces manufactured is an art of its own.
Bbls, trunions, receivers, rivets, FCG parts are all available in reasonable quality IMO.

I expect things are changing with regards to foreign guns and parts soon enough though. I don't want to be overconfident but this is the first time I've thought that in my lifetime.

I do think there is a market for a US made AK of good quality, even if the price is a little more.
That's more so given recent prices on AKs.

Some of the pics on these early rifles mentioned here were pretty impressive. So obviously it can be done.
Of course, cast parts just aren't going to cut it.

k.rowe2516
02-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Gunplumber knows what parts are needed, what's critical, etc. I know damn well he does. He's studied the AK to a great extent IMO.

Bbls, trunions, receivers, rivets, FCG parts are all available in reasonable quality IMO.

I expect things are changing with regards to foreign guns and parts soon enough though. I don't want to be overconfident but this is the first time I've thought that in my lifetime.

I do think there is a market for a US made AK of good quality, even if the price is a little more.

Some of the pics on these early rifles mentioned here were pretty impressive. So obviously it can be done.

As long as this forum exists, there will NEVER be a US made Ak that holds any weight. You can talk to old timers or young bucks, a combloc made Ak will ALWAYS be superior, because simple economics. They make little to no money in Eastern Europe, yet make a far superior rifle. Riddle me that, batman.

mattvon
02-09-2017, 07:08 PM
I received my UPS return shipping label from PSA this afternoon...will be packing the carrier up and sending it out tomorrow.

Mandaree36
02-09-2017, 07:19 PM

Agreed, cast will never get it.

But as I said - a new rifle, with lots of hoopla....is already coming -with supposedly a cast front trunnion.

I would be hard pressed to consider it.

That said - Consumers are cheap, and I don't know how many will be willing to pay more for a right made, American AK.

Quality does cost money.

And once it gets real high....why not go with an Arsenal....

That said - Once PSA gets all milled parts - I am going to try one and see what happens. Call me curious. I saw they expected to sell with all milled, save receiver, at 469.99 - that would be a good price...

But we will see....

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 07:21 PM
As long as this forum exists, there will NEVER be a US made Ak that holds any weight. You can talk to old timers or young bucks, a combloc made Ak will ALWAYS be superior, because simple economics. They make little to no money in Eastern Europe, yet make a far superior rifle. Riddle me that, batman.

I'm Bat-Man.

Oh, I guess there should be a ? there. :D

It can be done. Things change.
But again, if the .gov allows foreign built rifles in, this is all a moot point.

Hopefully, they're not all cut up. ;)

A lot of people and companies banked on a Hitlery victory so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

4mula
02-09-2017, 07:22 PM
As long as this forum exists, there will NEVER be a US made Ak that holds any weight.
If that was the case, I.O would be outta business and the RAS and that other POS Century sells would not be on any shelves.
People really want a quality American made AK, me being one of them.
Also this forum represents only a small fraction of AK buyers

PRasko
02-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Friends don't let friends buy guns with cast parts...

http://i.imgur.com/56S7g1x.jpg

drjarhead
02-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Agreed, cast will never get it.

But as I said - a new rifle, with lots of hoopla....is already coming -with supposedly a cast front trunnion.

I would be hard pressed to consider it.

That said - Consumers are cheap, and I don't know how many will be willing to pay more for a right made, American AK.

Quality does cost money.

And once it gets real high....why not go with an Arsenal....

That said - Once PSA gets all milled parts - I am going to try one and see what happens. Call me curious. I saw they expected to sell with all milled, save receiver, at 469.99 - that would be a good price...

But we will see....

Yeah, that would be a decent price. I hope they get their act together before their rep is in the shit can.

As for the cast trunion, a lot of people just don't know any better.
Over time though, the value of their rifles will not hold up and people will know only that something about them isn't very good or desirable.

I'm holding out for a 100% evil Saiga and maybe some original Yugos/Romys/Bulgys. Albania has chicom rifles.

Hopefully, it will pan out. It's been a long time coming.

OnTop
02-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Got my return label and all boxed/taped (the whole barreled receiver) up and ready to go. I'll give it a try after they fixed (hopefully) it. If not, I am going to return it for a full refund (satisfaction guarantee right!).

Dropped it off at UPS. 2 weeks travel both ways plus at least 1-2 weeks for repairs, I won't be able to play with it for about a month.

OT

ncreptile
02-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Bottom line is American companies make the AK for profit. We get cost/corner cutting products.
European countries make the AK for survival and then supplement their economies by selling us stuff.(Arsenal comes to mind.) We get military grade weapons.

Which would you rather have?

Dave Williams
02-09-2017, 08:30 PM
This post ^^^^ wins all of this mess. Plain and simple period. No non-military AK will ever be bested by anything else. Stick with what works. Awesome.

Mighty WASR wins again! lol

Mandaree36
02-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Bottom line is American companies make the AK for profit. We get cost/corner cutting products.
European countries make the AK for survival and then supplement their economies by selling us stuff.(Arsenal comes to mind.) We get military grade weapons.

Nailed it.

TX_1821
02-09-2017, 08:48 PM

THIS!
http://i.imgur.com/VrWLgBX.gif

This is PSA with potential customers outright lying on video and forum!!!
Any means necessary approach
http://i.imgur.com/ellp5UL.gif
http://i.imgur.com/RdyVPcP.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Wj32z1F.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ELQHT6p.gif

sdcromer
02-09-2017, 08:53 PM

I got an email response from Joe W. at PSA. In my initial email request I explained all of the issues, and requested a call tag to send my rifle in for repair or replacement. I don't want a refund - I want an American AK that works. Joe W. replied that a call tag would be sent out.

And now I have the UPS return shipping label. I'll be sending mine out tomorrow.

SAIGA 5.45
02-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Yeah, that would be a decent price. I hope they get their act together before their rep is in the shit can.

As for the cast trunion, a lot of people just don't know any better.
Over time though, the value of their rifles will not hold up and people will know only that something about them isn't very good or desirable.

I'm holding out for a 100% evil Saiga and maybe some original Yugos/Romys/Bulgys. Albania has chicom rifles.

Hopefully, it will pan out. It's been a long time coming.

We are friendly with vietnam as well, and they basically have a reverse engineered in house made AKM that they still use to this day.

win win in my book, and it empowers another country near China.

NWcityguy2
02-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Friends don't let friends buy guns with cast parts...

http://i.imgur.com/56S7g1x.jpg

That's a forged part, they break too on occasion.

cal50
02-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Sounds like another botched attempt at manufacturing......

Making things gets split into categories primarily manufacturing and assembly. If a company uses inferior material/s or quality material and machines / processes it wrong its hard if not impossible to produce a quality produce. Likewise if a company is given 100% quality parts they can assemble them wrong and still screw up the end product.

AK's are not rocket science but there are key points in manufacturing and assembly that start up companies still miss of overlook.
Making false promises or misrepresenting the actual product never helps either.

SAIGA 5.45
02-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Sounds like another botched attempt at manufacturing......

Making things gets split into categories primarily manufacturing and assembly. If a company uses inferior material/s or quality material and machines / processes it wrong its hard if not impossible to produce a quality produce. Likewise if a company is given 100% quality parts they can assemble them wrong and still screw up the end product.

AK's are not rocket science but there are key points in manufacturing and assembly that start up companies still miss of overlook.
Making false promises or misrepresenting the actual product never helps either.

This is very true, going outside those normal processes used to make an AK rifle results in unexpected results in parts quality it seems.

jekbrown
02-15-2017, 04:08 AM

This theory is like Swiss cheese. Most countries that we buy 762x39 guns from don't issue 47s to their troops anymore, and for them it really is all about profit. At the same time, it's no maxim that for profit stuff is worse than mil spec stuff. Just look at the AR space. Milspec is the upper tier of low end, if anything. The really good shit goes way beyond milspec.

nuckldust
02-15-2017, 04:23 AM
I don't think we have the damn tooling for hammer forged parts as well as experienced cheap labor. It does boil down to commercial sales for US manufactured AK clones. Not the same as countries that build military spec AK's not intended for Avg. American AK owner who may run a few hundred, few thousand rounds. Thats where the difference is... As far as any Zastava quality concerns I think Century is importing what it pays for. ZASTAVA manufactures very well made military firearms. They damn sure are not cracking receivers after a few thousand or egging axis holes etc... We all have seen military issue ZASTAVA AK parts and they make for a AK that lasts generations. Fire until the bores are smooth... Gotta be it...

ncreptile
02-15-2017, 03:25 PM
This theory is like Swiss cheese. Most countries that we buy 762x39 guns from don't issue 47s to their troops anymore, and for them it really is all about profit. At the same time, it's no maxim that for profit stuff is worse than mil spec stuff. Just look at the AR space. Milspec is the upper tier of low end, if anything. The really good shit goes way beyond milspec.

"Most countries that we buy from don't use 47s anymore"

Yep most of them use AKMs and 74s. All for which most of the tooling and experience carries over to.

:wink_smal

nuckldust
02-16-2017, 05:38 PM
"Most countries that we buy from don't use 47s anymore"

Yep most of them use AKMs and 74s. All for which most of the tooling and experience carries over to.

:wink_smal

This^^^ it's that simple. But that hard for the ones that have not done it for decades. Or whose original and current production practice was held to military specifications. Americans recognize a highly lucrative source of revenue, substitute decades of production methods and try to pass of the final product as even minimally equal to its imported version.

Dave Williams
02-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Wonder who will get it as a "blem".....lol

I don't know but they can thank me because it's a lot less of a blem than it was when I got it.

02-16-2017, 06:20 PM
I don't know but they can thank me because it's a lot less of a blem than it was when I got it.

Understand.

My gen1s were $259 barreled receivers with bolt only, dont think I'll get a gen2 at any price.

Dave Williams
02-16-2017, 06:23 PM
I'm 100% done with any US made AK's. Period.

TangoUniform
02-17-2017, 01:19 PM
3. CHF Barreled AK Reciever- Retail $549.99 (529.99 Blem)
a. Hammer Forged Bolt
c. Hammer Forged Carrier
d. Hammer Forged Barrel

This to me sounds on-par with the mighty WASR. And would probably be the only US made AK (at the moment) I would consider buying.

I really want US manufactured AK's to succeed. If you're smart, you will wish for the same thing. We need domestic sourced AK parts and rifles that are robust and can match combloc reliability. American manufacturers can do it. They just need to do it right.

Keep in mind, Trump won't be president forever and we don't know what fuqstick could come in after him and use his/her "pen and phone" to block further imports.

Dave Williams
02-17-2017, 02:56 PM
This to me sounds on-par with the mighty WASR. And would probably be the only US made AK (at the moment) I would consider buying.

I really want US manufactured AK's to succeed. If you're smart, you will wish for the same thing. We need domestic sourced AK parts and rifles that are robust and can match combloc reliability. American manufacturers can do it. They just need to do it right.

Keep in mind, Trump won't be president forever and we don't know what fuqstick could come in after him and use his/her "pen and phone" to block further imports.

I do hope PSA gets it all figured out. I think that for the price though for one of these "kit's" with everything forged you are still better off with WASR as it comes fully assembled and made by people with 50+ years of experience. Long way to go imo.

Dave Williams
02-18-2017, 09:27 PM
Seconded.

jandaak
02-19-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm 100% done with any US made AK's. Period.

This.. Not even considering one anymore. ever.

rstrobel
02-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Hey PSA, here's a question for you to address: How does this not constitute theft? Mel owns this rifle and requested for it to be repaired, but you decided to keep it instead.

Well, received another email from Palmetto......they are not sending back my rifle.

They are giving me a complete refund :straightf even though I did not state I wanted one.

Kind of wanted it back after they "fixed" it to see how well they did.

Oh well I guess.

Idaho John
02-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Hey PSA, here's a question for you to address: How does this not constitute theft?
Because...

They are giving me a complete refund

And maybe the rifle was unsafe?

jandaak
02-19-2017, 04:30 PM
Because...

Or... they didn't want Mel to put information out that would be damning.

rstrobel
02-19-2017, 04:30 PM
Because...

so if I steal something from you and reimburse you for the purchase price then it's okay?

he wanted his rifle back. he already invested time and money in having it transferred to him. he also bought the parts to complete the kit.

not sure if this is the case for mel, but many of us pay sales tax on top of the FFL transfer fee, gas, time, etc. spent transferring the rifle. a refund of the purchase price from PSA is NOT the same as a full refund

I suspect that they were butthurt over his posts and videos... it could also be due to incompetence and shitty customer service.

OnTop
02-19-2017, 05:38 PM
I hope they don't just keep the POS that I sent in and issue a refund. I was out about $60 for transfer fee and state sale tax (yes, tax dept forces FFL to collect sale tax on transfer).

OT

plastikman47
02-19-2017, 06:02 PM
I sent back my carrier, let's hope they don't keep that haha. Otherwise I just have an oversized stamped steel and wood paper weight!

Mel64D
02-19-2017, 06:19 PM
not sure if this is the case for mel, but many of us pay sales tax on top of the FFL transfer fee, gas, time, etc. spent transferring the rifle. a refund of the purchase price from PSA is NOT the same as a full refund

I suspect that they were butthurt over his posts and videos... it could also be due to incompetence and shitty customer service.

My FFL is on my way home from work. I did not pay a transfer fee.

I really can't fathom I have any kind of power to change things with my posts or videos.....I'm just a garage goober.