PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Stock AK build kit

sdcromer
02-06-2017, 11:05 PM
I bought a blonde stock build kit to go with my PSA barreled receiver.

Was there supposed to be a washer for the bottom of the wood pistol grip?

Did you send the wrong diameter screws for mounting the buttstock?

What finish is on the wood?

The disconnector in my fire control group does not work. I need a replacement.

Palmetto State Armory
02-07-2017, 02:15 PM
IM sent.

sdcromer
02-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Replied to your IM.

DoorKicker
02-09-2017, 02:08 AM
I am sitting on a red stock kit I am waiting to return. I have not opened the PSA box because I don't want to take a hit if parts are missing but I would love to check it out...

Ghurka
02-22-2017, 10:41 PM
I got your washer in my Magpul MOE kit, did you get my grip screw?

So far, this project has needed 2 trips to the hardware store and a new (complete) FCG. I'm hoping that when the new FCG arrives, the hammer will reset when I fire it. AK's make poor single shots.

plastikman47
02-23-2017, 01:53 AM
My screws did fit my red wood kit either. Filled the holes with glue and wood, and then re-drilled them. It's secure now, but after all that I think I might just put some standard akm laminate wood on this thing.

My dis-connector also would fail to catch. Swapped the whole thing out for a RAK-1.

The fact that I haven't even been able to fire this thing is a little irritating. Waiting for my BCG to come back. Wish I hadn't spent the money on the "build kit" and just got some surplus furniture and a different fcg - would have saved some money. Live and learn I guess.

Paramud
03-05-2017, 01:47 PM
My red wood stock screw is also to small or the hole is drilled to large. Not big deal for me. I can fix it.

Palmetto State Armory
03-15-2017, 08:06 PM
The stock holes are all drilled the same. If the hole appears too large, you probably have the wrong screws in your kit. We will replace them if you let us know. No need to void your stock warranty with dowels or glue.