PDA

View Full Version : PSA Malfunction

bk2bk
02-06-2017, 12:43 AM
Recently bought a PSA complete lower and upper along with PSA premium bcg and charging handle. The spent casing would not extract from the chamber. Used the cleaning rod to get it out. This happened three consecutive times. These were the first three times I Ever fired the weapon. Took the ar15 home cleaned it lubed it again even switched out the extractor and spring to the BCM. The ar will not even extract manually using the charging handle. I've tried snap caps and live ammo while being safe of course. I was shooting brass ammo. Would it be a buffer problem even when extracting manually? The ammo will fall out when I hold the ar upright and gently shake. Headspace? I'm new to the Ar platform so it's a head scratcher why it won't extract manually. Any information on this would greatly be appreciated!

nuckldust
02-06-2017, 08:11 AM
Recently bought a PSA complete lower and upper along with PSA premium bcg and charging handle. The spent casing would not extract from the chamber. Used the cleaning rod to get it out. This happened three consecutive times. These were the first three times I Ever fired the weapon. Took the ar15 home cleaned it lubed it again even switched out the extractor and spring to the BCM. The ar will not even extract manually using the charging handle. I've tried snap caps and live ammo while being safe of course. I was shooting brass ammo. Would it be a buffer problem even when extracting manually? The ammo will fall out when I hold the ar upright and gently shake. Headspace? I'm new to the Ar platform so it's a head scratcher why it won't extract manually. Any information on this would greatly be appreciated!

Do the case necks have rifling indention's on the end of neck? If you are only running brass and have made sure the chamber is clean, something is out of spec I think.

bk2bk
02-06-2017, 08:18 AM
There are a few markings on it. Yes it has only been brass. I will contact PSA today about sending it back in. Heard mix reviews on the customer service so hopefully they will make it right!

Palmetto State Armory
02-06-2017, 12:02 PM

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have a lifetime warranty on our products against defects in materials or workmanship in the unlikely event you have an issue with our product.

Could be a number of variables that do not involve the bolt itself; spring strength, buffer weight, etc. Best to let us look the complete project over rather than piecemeal any diagnostics. we will send a call tag.

IM sent.

bk2bk
02-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Thank you for your inquiry.

We have a lifetime warranty on our products against defects in materials or workmanship in the unlikely event you have an issue with our product.

Could be a number of variables that do not involve the bolt itself; spring strength, buffer weight, etc. Best to let us look the complete project over rather than piecemeal any diagnostics. we will send a call tag.

IM sent.

IM sent

bk2bk
02-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Sending it back to PSA to be checked out. Anyone had to do this with them before? How long did it take to get it back? Were the issues resolved? Thanks for any input

SKYHIGHPLT
02-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Sending it back to PSA to be checked out. Anyone had to do this with them before? How long did it take to get it back? Were the issues resolved? Thanks for any input

I saw this once, not saying this is your issue.......just reminded me of something funny. Same scenario. Guy brings in AR with the same issue. Ended up he had a 7.62 bolt and was trying to fire 5.56.

bk2bk
02-06-2017, 09:26 PM
I saw this once, not saying this is your issue.......just reminded me of something funny. Same scenario. Guy brings in AR with the same issue. Ended up he had a 7.62 bolt and was trying to fire 5.56.

Suppose it's possible. I ordered the 5.56 bolt and the order states that's what I received. Tried a buddy's BCG and it would extract manually which mine would not. Fired one shot with his BCG and it would not cycle fully. I know not cycling fully when firing could be gas or spring or buffer etc. I just felt being new to the ar platform and it being under warranty to send it back to PSA. I hope it's something simple but wanted to make sure it wasn't a headspace issue. Not knowledgeable enough to make that call myself.

Mattylight30
02-08-2017, 12:33 AM
What products are we talking about?

bk2bk
02-08-2017, 01:05 AM
What products are we talking about?

PSA Freedom complete upper PSA premium BCG and PSA complete magpul lower

ÄÄCHMED HÄZÄÄMÄT
02-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Do let us know what the results are. I just ordered a PSA complete Glock lower, and a 10.5" upper.

I have multiple PSA's AR15's, and an AR47. Happy camper so far!

bk2bk
02-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Do let us know what the results are. I just ordered a PSA complete Glock lower, and a 10.5" upper.

I have multiple PSA's AR15's, and an AR47. Happy camper so far!

Will do. Hoping they take care of it!

DoorKicker
02-09-2017, 02:07 AM
wishing you luck, keep us posted

bk2bk
02-10-2017, 11:52 PM
It's in for repair. They tell me 10 to 15 business days. We will see how it goes!

Mattylight30
02-13-2017, 06:59 PM
Sound good keep us posted.

bk2bk
02-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Got my upper and BCG back today! Came with a letter of apology and said it was the BCG so they sent me a new one. Said the headspace was correct and that it had 30 rounds put threw it before they shipped it back to me. I put in a snap cap and it extracted and ejected perfect. The ejection was around the 4 o'clock position. Before it would not even manually extract! So I know I need to get to the range and put it through it's paces but so far so good! The total turnaround time was a little less than 3 weeks. If everything works out at the range I will be happy. One thing I will say is the bolt head now looks smaller than before. I'm thinking they sent me the wrong size bolt in the beginning as someone posted earlier. After I hit the range which might be awhile because I'm down with a bad back I'll update. Thanks for all the input everyone gave!