PDA

View Full Version : Ak build kits and california

XENOMORPH
01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Are you going to be selling the new build kits to california since they are naturally featureless

And do you have any plans of a featureless option for the rifles? Thanks.

Palmetto State Armory
01-17-2017, 03:33 PM
To be completely honest, I won't know until the new SKUs are listed.

If I had to guess, there won't be an issue. We don't have anything listed in the Terms and Conditions in regards to the shipment of build kits to your state.

In regards to featureless rifles, it's possible, but follows the same thing as above. I really won't know until they have something listed.

Sorry for the lack of a concrete answer.

XENOMORPH
01-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Cool thanks!

XENOMORPH
01-20-2017, 03:06 PM
problems...

XENOMORPH
01-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Not gtg they canceled my order emailed me refusing to ship.... :(

adam6955
01-25-2017, 04:50 PM
If these companies are going to attempt to interpret the law, they should at least READ the damned law. It is NOT difficult, or complicated.

No firearm with a detachable mag (now including bullet button) can have a folding/collapsible stock, pistol grip, or flash hider.

This kit has none of those.

XENOMORPH
01-25-2017, 05:15 PM
If these companies are going to attempt to interpret the law, they should at least READ the damned law. It is NOT difficult, or complicated.

No firearm with a detachable mag (now including bullet button) can have a folding/collapsible stock, pistol grip, or flash hider.

Yuuuuup. Their compliance dept. said you have to be leo in the email :rolleyes:

Palmetto State Armory
01-25-2017, 05:17 PM

The kit has a flash hider/muzzle device.

We prefer not to get into legal battles with government entities that have an unlimited supply of taxpayer-funded legal talent, and the will to use it. The elected/appointed representatives of the state of California have made perfectly clear their affection for us, and our products. Please excuse us if we are just a bit cautious.

Our attorney is a nice guy, but he already has two houses, and a really big boat.

Edit by PSA: We have deleted the duplicate post and re-enabled this one. We get it, you are frustrated living behind enemy lines.

We will revisit the issue, but we make no guarantees.

XENOMORPH
01-26-2017, 03:21 PM
I think everybodys just frustrated (myself included) with the release of this product cause its seems like its gonna be awsome and at a great price,
and people were getting multiple different answers from multiple sources of the company about it being gtg or not gtg for ordering them in ca.
If things change please let us know cause i would love to get one. And not tryin to stir the pot but please edit the statement about it having a flah hider, it dosent, it has a slant brake and thats perfectly legal in ca.
Thanks for your time.

supertrooper
01-26-2017, 04:39 PM
The kit has a flash hider/muzzle device.

your build kit comes with a slant brake not a flash hider. flash hiders are the only muzzle device that can not be on a featureless rifle. threaded barrels, compensators, and muzzle brakes are good to go.

Palmetto State Armory
01-26-2017, 06:48 PM
your build kit comes with a slant brake not a flash hider. flash hiders are the only muzzle device that can not be on a featureless rifle. threaded barrels, compensators, and muzzle brakes are good to go.

Be sure to tell them that in Sacramento...

adam6955
01-27-2017, 04:32 PM
It has nothing to do with Sacramento. There are regulations, written by the CA DOJ, that define things such as "flash hiders" and "muzzle brakes." Your attorney should read them.

Palmetto State Armory
01-27-2017, 04:43 PM
It has nothing to do with Sacramento. There are regulations, written by the CA DOJ, that define things such as "flash hiders" and "muzzle brakes." Your attorney should read them.

That makes it official, then. You obviously have never been the object of a petty civil servant's ire.

Let us repeat,

"We prefer not to get into legal battles with government entities that have an unlimited supply of taxpayer-funded legal talent, and the will to use it. The elected/appointed representatives of the state of California have made perfectly clear their affection for us, and our products..."

Unless you are going to tell us that you are an official representative of the CA DOJ, and your posted opinion in this forum represents the official position of the CA DOJ, please excuse us if we remain cautious. We are re-viewing the policy now.

Our attorney is on your side, he has his eye on a new Ferrari...:rolleyes:

supertrooper
01-27-2017, 06:53 PM
That makes it official, then. You obviously have never been the object of a petty civil servant's ire.

Let us repeat,

"We prefer not to get into legal battles with government entities that have an unlimited supply of taxpayer-funded legal talent, and the will to use it. The elected/appointed representatives of the state of California have made perfectly clear their affection for us, and our products..."

Unless you are going to tell us that you are an official representative of the CA DOJ, and your posted opinion in this forum represents the official position of the CA DOJ, please excuse us if we remain cautious. We are re-viewing the policy now.

Our attorney is on your side, he has his eye on a new Ferrari...:rolleyes:

nothing changed i regards to featureless rifles. AKs are currently readily available in most gun stores with nothing more than a kydex grip wrap to make them compliant even with slant brakes and its been that way for several years. PSA has no problem shipping ar15 uppers with flashhiders into california so why are you paranoid about muzzle brakes that are completely legal for all rifle configurations?

Dump1567
01-28-2017, 12:21 PM
As currently written in California code of regulations.

(b) “Flash suppressor” means any device designed, intended, or that functions to perceptibly reduce or redirect muzzle flash from the shooter's field of vision.

As being proposed by the CA DOJ (but not currently official).

"Flash suppressor" means. any device attached to the end of the barrel, that is designed, intended, or functions to perceptibly reduce or redirect muzzle flash from the shooter`s field of vision. A hybrid device that has either advertised flash suppressing properties or functionally has flash suppressing properties would be deemed a flash suppressor. A device labeled or identified by its manufacturer as a flash hider would be deemed a flash suppressor.

Edit by PSA: Please refrain from posting other companies in our forum. This thread has been beat to death. We are looking at the regulations and will make an announcement if anything changes. Any further threads on the subject will be deleted.