PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Polytech Legend & AKS AK47'S Question

tommygun308
04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
This question is for people who owned a Polytech Legend Milled receiver and the Polytech AKS stamped receiver AK47 rifles. Has anyone had problems of the receivers being soft and breaking up? I read at ak-47.net about The PolyTech's have been known to have soft receivers and tend to break apart after about 2000 rounds.

16r40
04-30-2007, 05:00 PM
that is pure 100 percent totally horseshit, and since it's coming AK-47.nutz it doesn't surpise me that those morons would say something that stupid and wrong..............the chinese AKs are some of the finesest built AKs out there. the POLYTECHs are the "cream of the crop" of the chinese AKs, I have a LEGEND and so do a lot of other people along with the stamped POLYTECH AKs, and never had a problem with them. as well as the NORINCO AKs. matter of fact, I have not read anything bad about the chinese AKs

the only problem that came about with soft receivers were the B-WEST US made ones. B-West built them from chinese parts kits on non heat treated stamped receivers, that they made here, very shortly after the 89 import ban. B-WEST also was a importer of chinese made AKs, but the ones that they put together from parts kits on their own sub-standard made receivers will not have anything on it saying NORINCO, POLYTECH, CHINA it will just say B-WEST with the model name, caliber, SN those are the ones to watch out for. B-WEST tried to get around the import ban of non-sporterized import of rifles, by making their own receivers so they could sell them with the evil featurers. but that flew out the window when the ATF included or any copy made in the US.

now there maybe some good B-west receivers out there, but I wouldn't take the chance of buying one. another point of fact that quite a few years ago, some vendor found a bunch of B-WEST receivers that were never assembled into rifles and was selling them as "pre-ban" receivers.

my advice don't stay on the ak-47.nutz site too long, your IQ level will dramatically drop

monkeyboy
04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
While I've only fired three to five hundred rounds outa my Legend series it's held up fine. And I've never heard of any problems with them. I figure if they were really problem rifles we would have heard about it, and seen some evidence long ago! Jon

VALMET_M76
04-30-2007, 11:56 PM
The only problems I've ever seen or heard about with Chicom AKs are all with the 223 rifles and even then its rare.

Every now and then you'll see a cracked bolt or a problem with the trunion locking shoulder.

But you can see that with ANY AK rifle. There are just more Chicoms than there are anything else.

allesennogwat
05-02-2007, 10:56 AM
The milled receivers that have the cracking problem are the post ban Chinese that have a type II receiver instead of the type III receiver the Poly Tech Legends have. I have seen a Bulgarian milled receiver crack and it was the standard type III. They are forged but they aren't using 4140 steel. I bought a milled Bulgarian receiver that was a fixed stock receiver that has been machined to take the underfolder stock.It looks just like a standard milled underfolder receiver now.

allesennogwat
05-02-2007, 10:58 AM
The milled type II post ban Chinese AK's aren't very common.There are also type III post ban Chinese AK's that are more common.

VALMET_M76
05-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I know guy that went to China back in the day that imported a "few" chicom AKs and a gazillion SKS rifles. My town is a "SISTER CITY" ya know.

The "factory" he describes, the "manufacturing" process used in the "factory" and the PRICES he related were all amazing.

Think what you will, Chicom stuff from the preban days is uh.....amazing in that it doesn't kill more people.

Shooters, not shooteees.

VALMET_M76
05-03-2007, 09:27 AM
I was actually meaning it's a wonder more Chinese guns don't blow up.

It's an indication that commie guns are commie engineered....as in over-engineered to compensate for hammer and file "manufacturing" techniques.

There is way more metal on commie guns than what is needed for the M43 round.

WolfsburgBob
05-03-2007, 10:24 AM
I was actually meaning it's a wonder more Chinese guns don't blow up.

It's an indication that commie guns are commie engineered....as in over-engineered to compensate for hammer and file "manufacturing" techniques.

There is way more metal on commie guns than what is needed for the M43 round.

Those Chinese STAMPED AK are flat out the BEST ever.

Heavier profile "47" barrels and overly thick receivers. TASTY!

AKMs and '74s are fine,...they're just NOT Chinese.

VALMET_M76
05-03-2007, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=Akron Armory]Those Chinese STAMPED AK are flat out the BEST ever.

QUOTE]

It turned out that way for sure.